PDA

View Full Version : check out the taylorcountytalk.com forum

06-03-2008, 11:13 AM
this was posted on the www.taylorcountytalk.com (http://www.taylorcountytalk.com) website

5/31/2008 11:44 AM lookingfortruth wrote:
WOW!!! 21 [alleged ] drug dealers arrested this past week and did you notice the newspaper reported Bummy Williams "joined the team in making the arrests of those individuals." Let's be real--when was the last time our Sheriff made an arrest? Capt. Ron Rice needs to stop lying to the public. It was the officers from the Joint Drug Task Force, FDLE, Perry Police Dept., Taylor Co. Sheriff's Office, Taylor Correctional Institution, and the State Fire Marshall's Office who made these arrests happen and Sheriff Williams was not involved nor did he join in any arrest. Isn't it also true that you, Capt. Rice, were out due to health reasons when these arrests were made? How do you give a "press release" when you weren't even working? Check employee timesheets. Its amazing that now as the election draws near, Sheriff Williams is out and about in the community. I am sorely disappointed in Sheriff Williams. He is too complacent in his job. But let's look at the candidates we have to choose for Sheriff: 2 officers dismissed for cause (Tucker and Poppell), 1 questionable candidate (Blair), 1 incumbant (Williams), and 1 candidate (Chambers) for change. Not much to choose from. As some might say "slim pickings."
Reply to this
6/2/2008 9:25 AM Joe wrote:
Slim pickings is absolutely correct. It amazes me that some of the candidates are even allowed to run after the laws they have broken. Who wants a Sheriff in office that is a criminal and liar? That would not make much since. Best to keep Bummy in another term and pray to God we get a better selection in four years.
Reply to this
6/2/2008 12:35 PM Southend Voter wrote:
I thank Mr. Bummy falls under your (Edited by Mod 507) category as well. I know a lot of people,Taylor County voters that he told he would call them back or come and talk to them about a problem and never has some of us have been waiting 5 years for that call. Bummy need to go. We need a change in our county he has been there for 12 years. I ask you and other voters is the county a safer place to live NO, do we have less crime NO,I also know people that some of his sign it there yards that has not intent to vote for him I've yet to see him place a sign up. He's counting on his employees to do his work. Is he going to do anymore for this county if elected for 4 more years. I really wouldn't hold my breath. Bummy go a head and retire. You my be for Bummy but a lot of us are not.
Reply to this

06-09-2008, 06:47 PM
i agree with HONESTY.... and yes the crime rate has increased. and yes isn't it funny how only when election time draws near does Bummy seem to roll up his sleeves and go shake hands. as far as the other candidates go...Tucker and Poppell worked for law enforcement themselves and were only "dismissed" for offenses that any CIVILIAN WOULD (Edited by Mod 507) That injustice in and of itself determined they would not get my vote, not to mention that they are just as complacent as Bummy, if not more. I can't speak for Chambers, I do not know the man so I can't give an informed opinion, only what I have heard of him from others. So for now my vote is for Blair, I know that he is a man of moral character and I believe he is motivated to make significant changes in our community. He is not "above" the rest of us, he is down to earth and geniune. You may call him questionable, but compare his "questionability" with that of the officers that were dismissed and see what you come up with.

08-08-2008, 03:52 AM
I KNOW that Paul Poppell is the best candidate for Sheriff. It needs to be said that Bummy Williams has been in office for far too long, and a recent newspaper headline said it all; “Crime Rate Soars in Taylor County”. We have yet to see changes for the better. Like any successful business, success with always start from the top. I believe in order to see real changes we need a strong and fearful leader for our county. Paul Poppell is that answer! As for the negative remarks regarding his past employment with the sheriff’s office, and Michele’s negative comment, DO YOUR RESEARCH!! Too many citizens believe any and everything they read. The true story behind the madness is that Paul was dismissed from the Sheriff’s office because his (Edited by Mod 507) had been breaking into his home for a matter of months . Paul had the sheriff’s office set up cameras on his property and who they caught stealing from him was his own (Edited by Mod 507)!! He confronted (Edited by Mod 507) about the issue, and to keep (Edited by Mod 507) out of trouble told the sheriff’s dept that he physically assaulted (Edited by Mod 507). All lies, nevertheless, he was dismissed because of his well known, political ambitions, in an attempt to tarnish his, record after 20 years law enforcement service. (Edited by Mod 507) So what do you say we put in office a resilient man of honor and true experience? I say PAUL POPPELL FOR SHERIFF!!

08-08-2008, 04:08 PM
I KNOW that Paul Poppell is the best candidate for Sheriff. It needs to be said that Bummy Williams has been in office for far too long, and a recent newspaper headline said it all; “Crime Rate Soars in Taylor County”. We have yet to see changes for the better. Like any successful business, success with always start from the top. I believe in order to see real changes we need a strong and fearful leader for our county. Paul Poppell is that answer! As for the negative remarks regarding his past employment with the sheriff’s office, and Michele’s negative comment, DO YOUR RESEARCH!! Too many citizens believe any and everything they read. The true story behind the madness is that Paul was dismissed from the Sheriff’s office because his (Edited by Mod 507) had been breaking into his home for a matter of months . Paul had the sheriff’s office set up cameras on his property and who they caught stealing from him was his own (Edited by Mod 507)!! He confronted (Edited by Mod 507) about the issue, and to keep (Edited by Mod 507) out of trouble told the sheriff’s dept that he physically assaulted (Edited by Mod 507). All lies, nevertheless, he was dismissed because of his well known, political ambitions, in an attempt to tarnish his, record after 20 years law enforcement service. (Edited by Mod 507) So what do you say we put in office a resilient man of honor and true experience? I say PAUL POPPELL FOR SHERIFF!!

I like Bummy and Paul and consider both to be friends. I think that Bummy has gotten to laid back as Sheriff though. I do believe that it is time for a change. Don't know Tony Chambers to well, but I have met him. There are others that I really wish were running for Sheriff, that I think would be the perfect candidate, but, we have to choose from the candidates that we have.

I don't think Tony has a chance, since he is running as a Republican. It will be between Bummy and Paul. I have to go with Paul, because we definitely need a change in this county. We need proactive law enforcement, which has been lacking for quite a few years now. I'm afraid though, that with Bummy being an incumbent, and the negative attacks on Paul, that it's not going to be easy for Paul to win.

I do see Bummy getting himself in the paper every chance he gets lately. Then again, any incumbent would do the same thing.

08-11-2008, 07:20 PM
I am supporting Paul Poppell for sheriff. Mr. Poppell has the experience, education, and the determination to bring our county back to being a place we can be proud to call home. He will represent Taylor County well on a state level. He is polished and professional in person and in writing. I am looking forward to getting away from the "good ole' boy" mentality in local government. I have already cast my vote, and I voted for Paul Poppell for Sheriff of Taylor County!

08-14-2008, 01:21 PM
Someone has been filling your head with loads of crap. The story behind Paul's dismissal had way more to do than with the incident with his (Edited by Mod 507). Paul had already been on suspension twice that year for poor choices that he had made. This incident with his (Edited by Mod 507) was the straw that broke the camels back. READ THE 26 PAGE REPORT...(Edited by Mod 507) Get your facts straight before you come on here and try and ruin someones reputation. Read the report!!!!!! It is public record!!!!!

08-14-2008, 01:24 PM
and the "cameras" that were set up did not prove anything. The phone records showed that the (Edited by Mod 507) had called and asked Paul if (Edited by Mod 507) could go swimming at (Edited by Mod 507)house where Paul was living. (Edited by Mod 507) had 4 witnesses with them that day swimming and no one entered the house, which by the way belonged to (Edited by Mod 507) PARENTS through the Probate and told investigators that (Edited by Mod 507) was welcome there anytime. READ THE REPORT!!!!! Stay off of here if you don't know the truth!

08-14-2008, 02:13 PM
"Source of the Truth" needs to read the report about Paul Poppell. He got FIRED for misconduct on several occasions, not just attacking his own family. I think it is a complete farse that he can even run for Sherriff. The last time I checked law enforcement had a certain element of truth, honesty, and moral fiber, none of which Paul possesses. (Edited by Mod 507) How can you (Edited by Mod 507) and then run for sherriff? Does anyone find that strange? If he (Edited by Mod 507), imagine what he would do as sherriff.
Paul's son in law admitted (Edited by Mod 507), and almost got fired himself! Paul was fired by a panel of officers and investigators, and his son in law was put on probation for several years. My lord people, wake up! This man is the anti-sherriff. While a deputy, he ran around, flashed his badge, and got cited for misconduct on several occasions. (Edited by Mod 507) Anyone who votes for that guy should be forced to move to Canada or Mexico. A voter who gives Poppell a vote does not deserve to live in this country. While you're at it, why don't we elect Fidel Castro president of the U.S.

08-14-2008, 02:43 PM
All lies? Give me a break. The police were called, they took pictures of the hand print around (Edited by Mod 507) neck and even had in the investigation report a copy of the letter from (Edited by Mod 507) doctor stating that (Edited by Mod 507) was choked. (Edited by Mod 507) was assaulted, no doubt about that! You say that the citizen's will believe anything that we read or hear. I think I am going to choose to believe the investagion report, which I have read. I worked at the Sheriff's Department at the time and I know that the decision to fire Paul was the right one. He has no business being in that uniform or having a badge.

08-14-2008, 03:09 PM
I cannot belive the state of FL would even allow him to run for the office. The sad part is that there are people in this county who are ignorant enough to belive his load of bull. He will prey on the elderly and uneducated to get votes. He will probably still only get about 10 votes, but it just shows you how screwed up politics can be. "Hey, I got fired for misconduct, assault, lying in a police investigation. I'll run for sherriff, lie to everyone I see, and maybe steal enough votes to get revenge on Bummy."

HOW DOES PAUL SLEEP AT NIGHT?????????????????????

08-14-2008, 03:26 PM
Paul thought he could do what he was used to doing. Bust in somewhere, wave his little badge around, (Edited by Mod 507). The only problem was (Edited by Mod 507), and he got caught. The amazing part is he has the audacity to run for sherriff. (Edited by Mod 507) Too bad everyone else doesn't belive his crap. Paul, go be sherriff of Candyland or Neverland. You're over your head in the real world...............

08-14-2008, 03:37 PM
Guest, I think you have it wrong about Paul. No one is attacking him. He has made his bed, just like the rest of the candidates. They have chosen to run for office and now all the skeletons are coming out of the closets. You have to have a thick skin to run for office. He made some really poor choices and he got punished for them. Now that he put his name out there...people are talking about it.

08-14-2008, 05:13 PM
I agree with you "Young Resident". I have seen Paul do just that down at a restaurant in Steinhatchee. Sat with my wife and watched the whole thing take place. His son-in-law was right there with him ready to fight. Talks a big game, makes a lot of (Edited by Mod 507)! If I remember correctly wasn't that one of the things he got in trouble for?

08-14-2008, 05:38 PM
Oh yeah, it's easy for law enforcement to bully people. Most people don't retaliate because they are law officers. Paul and his son in law went out of their way to start trouble, and they were always (Edited by Mod 507) when it happened. That's my whole point about sherriff. I know they are people just like everyone else, but if you're gonna be a cop and have the power to arrest people, you can't break the law and act like a fool in public. You can't threaten folks, drink and drive, use your badge to get out of trouble etc. That badge made him feel above the law when he was a deputy, so what would it be like if he was the sherriff? If he gets elected sherriff you better board up your windows. Law enforcement has the power to ruin people's lives, so can we at least have an honest, trustworthy sherriff.

08-14-2008, 05:44 PM
You are right again. You won't see Bummyout drinking and starting arguments with people and then getting in his vehicle. The worst thing people are saying about him is that his son is trouble. Well, as a parent we raise them up and then pray to the Lord above that they make the right choices. His actions should not reflect on Bummy being Sheriff and I am afraid that the people of this town are going to let it.

08-14-2008, 08:13 PM
You're worried about Bummy losing? I don't think you have anything to worry about. I know plenty of really good people who have had trouble with their kids. I'm worried about ability to run a department efficiently and keep the peace, something Bummy has managed to do for many years. I'm not saying he is the best sheriff in America, but he's the logical choice in this race. If Walker - Texas Ranger runs next term, I may vote for him, but until then I'll stick with our best option.

08-14-2008, 10:37 PM
Source of truth, my entire post will be directed at you. I have been on the (Edited by Mod 507) Board for 10 years. The comments that you made above have no truth to them whatsoever. I believe that you have some stories mixed up. What does any of what you said have to do with Mr. Poppell's ability to be Sheriff of Taylor County? Absolutely nothing! If he is desperate enough to tear down his own family member in retrurn for votes, then who wants him in office anyway. Win the election by telling people what you can do for them and how you are going to help our current situation, not by digging up an incident from a couple of years ago to make yourself look better. If he really were all the things that you say, then he would not need you writing posts like you have. Last but not least if he were a good decent Christian man then don't you think he would try to mend the wounds with his family whether he thinks he is right or not? I don't want to get on here and preach, but I had to say something after I read your statements.

MOD 507
08-15-2008, 05:31 AM
I had to edit out a lot of comments here. Please, if you are not aware of the Terms of Use, please click on the "Forum Rules" link and read them.

Please remember to leave family members out of postings on here. Also, please include "substantial proof" when making allegations against a named or easily identifiable person. Usually a link to a legitimate News Source will suffice, a scanned document, etc. There is a little more leeway in regards to Public Figures and Candidates. I said a little, they are not open to pop shots.

If after reading the Terms of Use and you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Mod 507

08-15-2008, 09:27 PM
Good Job MOD.

Nothing on this board for days or weeks then all of a sudden this crew shows up slinging mud one behind the other. They have already been warned on the TaylorCountyTalk boards about it. Just looking for a place to talk all that junk.

Looks like they would just stand on Jefferson St and hold a sign for the candidate and leave it be.

Move on, this board is for productive conversation.

08-15-2008, 09:39 PM
Thank you mod for controlling the mud slinging! I can't wait for this election to be over and everyone to move on with their lives.

08-28-2008, 02:18 PM
Well now, it looks like all the drug arrests will slowly stop again. Bummy got his way and fooled the voters again.

08-29-2008, 01:18 PM
Give me a break. Do you really think that Bummy is going to get lazy now that he won the Democratic nomination? He still has to beat Tony Chambers in November. He still has some, however small it may be, competition. Bummy and his department have been working hard to get the drugs off the streets. If you think for one second that any of the other candidates were going to come into the Sheriff's position and get drugs off the street you are only fooling yourself. They are everywhere. It is up to the citizens to teach our children about drugs and help them make the right choices. The drugs are out there...in every community...in every state. The law enforcement officers work hard everyday to get drugs off the street. Your comment was insulting and down right ignorant.

08-29-2008, 01:20 PM
I think it is time that the moderator remove all the remarks about Paul Poppell and his family members from this blog. The election is over. He lost, let's move on. Taylor Talk removed the entire blog about Paul running for Sheriff. It is no longer avaliable for viewing....please do the same. Time to start a new chapter!

08-29-2008, 01:41 PM
You will not get drugs off the streets until everyone is employed and has a job. If this county would grow a little bit and bring in some new jobs, crime and drugs would decline. As long as Perry is against any growth, we will all sit around and be the laughing stock of the state. No sherriff is going to stop illegal ways to make money. A good economy and a high employment rate is the answer.

08-30-2008, 01:46 AM
I think it is time that the moderator remove all the remarks about Paul Poppell and his family members from this blog. The election is over. He lost, let's move on. Taylor Talk removed the entire blog about Paul running for Sheriff. It is no longer avaliable for viewing....please do the same. Time to start a new chapter!

Don’t confuse this forum with taylorcountytalk. The mod on that site cuts posted messages as if they were being submitted to a newspaper editing room.

This is a place for all to discuss law enforcement issues. As long as the rules are followed there is no reason to delete what is posted. Political candidates are fair game and they should consider their past before running.

Just like a small town. Sweep it under the rug, forget about what took place and everyone live happily ever after.

Until the next election!

09-01-2008, 02:44 AM
Give me a break. Do you really think that Bummy is going to get lazy now that he won the Democratic nomination? He still has to beat Tony Chambers in November. He still has some, however small it may be, competition. Bummy and his department have been working hard to get the drugs off the streets. If you think for one second that any of the other candidates were going to come into the Sheriff's position and get drugs off the street you are only fooling yourself. They are everywhere. It is up to the citizens to teach our children about drugs and help them make the right choices. The drugs are out there...in every community...in every state. The law enforcement officers work hard everyday to get drugs off the street. Your comment was insulting and down right ignorant.

Do you think that Tony Chambers has a chance? There are over 9,000 registered Democrats and just over 2,000 Republicans in this county. Tony doesn't stand a chance.

You are obviously the uninformed one. The Sheriff's department slacked off on Drug Arrests for years. They just started increasing them again in the last half of last year. Their own arrest stats show this to be true.

Below are the Drug arrests broken down by 6 months and yearly totals. I mean how does an agency make only 1 drug arrest in a year? No one from TCSO has attempted to justify these years of nearly nonexistent drug arrests. Look at it, from Jan of 2003 through June of 2007 there was a total of 14 Drug Arrests by TCSO.

I think if a New Sheriff were to be elected, they would probably fight drugs all the time. I can't understand why our Sheriff's Department QUIT making Drug Arrests some time around Jan 2003 and then started again when it became apparent that an election with opponents was approaching. Since you seem to know so much, maybe you can explain why they stopped.

2000 Jan-Jun 13 July-Dec 12 Total 25

2001 Jan-Jun 5 July- Dec 12 Total 17

2002 Jan-Jun 15 July-Dec 28 Total 43

2003 Jan-Jun 0 July-Dec 6 Total 6

2004 Jan-Jun 1 July-Dec 2 Total 3

2005 Jan-Jun 0 July-Dec 1 Total 1

2006 Jan-Jun 2 July-Dec 1 Total 3

2007 Jan-Jun 1 July-Dec 86 Total 87

09-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Yes, but his chances are slim. Almost as slim as Peanut had in 1992 and he came real close to winning.

When people are ready for a change, doesn't matter who runs. And don’t look into those party numbers to close. Most of those Democrats are closet Republicans. Wait till the presidential votes are counted and see how many votes McCain takes from Taylor County.

At least Tony will be able to make a decision without calling home.

09-01-2008, 08:34 PM
At least Tony will be able to make a decision without calling home.

Are you saying that Bummy can't make a decision without calling home?