PDA

View Full Version : Half a new gun

06-03-2008, 01:13 AM
Have Ya heard? FWC L/E Officers are getting new hand guns. They will be 45 cal. Heres the catch.............We are only getting HALF of a new gun. We will keep our old frames and get new slides. Is FHP turning in some old slides for 45 caliber?

06-03-2008, 03:33 AM
FHP carries .40 cal Berretta's not Glocks....

06-03-2008, 03:34 AM
GHP carries .40cal beretta's not glocks.. So whats wrong with getting .45 instead of 9mm??

06-03-2008, 04:11 AM
Is that why they are asking for what generation Glock you have?

06-03-2008, 07:53 AM
Ya just gotsta have the ol .45 like me pappy usta have. Git along little doggies. As the world moves forward the FWC continues it's lonely road to the past.

06-03-2008, 02:34 PM
o.k. i have read a bunch of b.s. on this sight but this takes the cake. first of all the frame might match up to the slide but the magazine wont fit.the rounds are alot bigger. second,glock wouldn't allow it, they have already offered to switch out the nines for the forty five straight up and we have already looked to switch but didn't because of concern that the forty five was to big as for as the grip went to fit some of our officers.besides the forty five is a better round.it would be a good thing if we went to it. everybody has there own opinion on what we should be shooting,but with all the crap we already are dealing with,atleast we have a good handgun. period. it just doesnt get any better then a glock. so wipe the snot from your nose and think about what kinda of crap you are starting. i am just floored

06-03-2008, 04:12 PM
With the minimal training we receive with our issued firearms the 9mm is a better choice. More rounds! The .45 cal is also a great round but why not go with the majority of LE agencies and follow their lead. We have no need to buck the trends or reinvent the wheel.

06-03-2008, 06:11 PM
why not go with the majority of LE agencies and follow their lead
Said one sheep to the other :roll:

06-03-2008, 06:54 PM
Actually 9mm is the most common round in LE in the US.

06-03-2008, 08:26 PM
Actually 9mm is the most common round in LE in the US.

Exactly the point that poster was trying to make. The 9mm is the most common round. Gee, I think the numbers speak for themselves.

06-03-2008, 10:24 PM
o.k. i have read a bunch of b.s. on this sight but this takes the cake. first of all the frame might match up to the slide but the magazine wont fit.the rounds are alot bigger. second,glock wouldn't allow it, they have already offered to switch out the nines for the forty five straight up and we have already looked to switch but didn't because of concern that the forty five was to big as for as the grip went to fit some of our officers.besides the forty five is a better round.it would be a good thing if we went to it. everybody has there own opinion on what we should be shooting,but with all the crap we already are dealing with,atleast we have a good handgun. period. it just doesnt get any better then a glock. so wipe the snot from your nose and think about what kinda of crap you are starting. i am just flooredYour obviously not in the "know"

06-05-2008, 09:51 PM
o.k. i have read a bunch of b.s. on this sight but this takes the cake. first of all the frame might match up to the slide but the magazine wont fit.the rounds are alot bigger. second,glock wouldn't allow it, they have already offered to switch out the nines for the forty five straight up and we have already looked to switch but didn't because of concern that the forty five was to big as for as the grip went to fit some of our officers.besides the forty five is a better round.it would be a good thing if we went to it. everybody has there own opinion on what we should be shooting,but with all the crap we already are dealing with,atleast we have a good handgun. period. it just doesnt get any better then a glock. so wipe the snot from your nose and think about what kinda of crap you are starting. i am just floored
OK OK...I wiped the snot from my nose....(whatever that means)...Now, you need to knock the dirt from your knees. You dont need to be so ANGRY. I'm sorry you have been left out of the information about us getting half a new gun. It turns out you might be partially right about the size of the caliber NOT being a 45. But.....keep your ears open for the part about HALF A NEW GUN. IT's coming soon. By the way.....what do you mean about "all the crap we are dealing with"? I think things are wonderful where I am. You should be more positive and not so hateful. Nasty remarks only call for the same. Remember what RAMBO said..."you drew first blood" But its ok.....I forgive you

06-06-2008, 01:33 AM
o.k. i have wiped the dirt off my knees are you happy? i am alot more in the know that you think and no i dont think i am all that. if it is not the forty five then it must be the forty. the forty would work.and it was looked at.it was dtermined that the round was just not anybetter then the nine. not only that ,but the forties were more expensive to shoot and one other thing i dont think you read,and that was that glock would trade the weapons strate up. but one more thing that escaped your keen police mind. i stated that glock would not allow this. you may ask yourself why i would make such a bold statement. BECAUSE AGAINST FEDERAL LAW. the serial numbers would not match and you cannot replace a part,i.e. slide and barrel with same number it is against the law to re issue the same serial number. so ask yourself this. why would the agency switch the slides and barrels and have to record two different serial numbers rather then just simply swap out gun for gun.
i happy that you are happy in your own little world and if i have to explain what i meant by CRAP then you ,sir are a idiot. there you go rambo now you have first blood

06-09-2008, 12:30 AM
i guess grim reaper has nothing else to say

06-10-2008, 12:59 AM
I would be interested in reading this information that you have mentioned about it being against FEDERA LAW to swap calibers on the same serial number frame.
Obviously you are not knowledgeable in this topic, as caliber swaps are done every day/ 45 acp to 22, AR15sw from 223 to 6.5 Rem Sp. or the Grendel round, etc.
Its OK to be an idiot, jut don't let everyone know by posting crap here.

06-10-2008, 02:01 AM
read it again ,your not going to get the same serial number

06-10-2008, 07:11 AM
Have Ya heard? FWC L/E Officers are getting new hand guns. They will be 45 cal. Heres the catch.............We are only getting HALF of a new gun. We will keep our old frames and get new slides. Is FHP turning in some old slides for 45 caliber?

Reaper,
I dont know where you work and I've read all your comments you have posted. Sounds like you are a very disgruntled employee.
You have the right to post whatever you like, be it negative or positive or somewhere in between.
The info. you posted about "half a gun" is totally new to me. I have not heard anything reference that. Personally, I would prefer a .45 caliber but thats not up to me. I do not like the idea of carrying a used gun or parts thereof.
I saw some comments about you that definately got my attention. Someone on here thinks they know who you are. Maybe they do. I've heard officers like you that are so bitter that nothing can ever please them in their job. They, you, will always find something wrong with whatever they have or will have. No amount of money will satisfy someone like you. Its in your damn DNA to *****, whine, moan, and spread hate and discontent whereever you go or to whomever you talk to. Maybe sometimes you have a legitimate gripe and need to be heard. But, perhaps, you should try not to gripe so much. A six inch tongue can kill a six foot man..so confucious said. I hear you...we all hear you....I agree things can be much better. I know things are bad ...and have been for a long time. But, we have done some good too. If all you have is bad things to say about our agency, keep them to yourself. Very unprofessional of you to go speak negatives about the agency that you work for. There is a time and a place to do that...not to the public or to another agency. Its ok to voice your opinion on things and you have the right to do that on here. But, dont do that while out in the public and darn sure not when you are in uniform.
Mr. Reaper, none of us can wave a magic wand and make things better. It takes time and people that is willing to listen to officers in the field. They need to make sure we have safe equipment and a decent salary for what we do. Thats all Ive ever asked for. The equipment to keep me safe and to better help me in my job while paying me a decent salary for what I do and the years I have worked. I got some better equipment in recent years but the pay sucks for the years Ive worked. I agree with you on pay raises...it could be much better. I love this job. ..just as Im sure you do or you would not still be working with us. If you hated it that bad, you would be gone. You may have so many years on that leaving now is NOT an option. Its not for me. Ive stuck it out..good and bad. The young officers with less than 5 now can decide to stay or leave. There arent anymore Game Wardens or Marine Patrol officers left. Those days are long gone and their knowledge will leave with them when they retire out. The new officers will not be able to identify with GFC or FMP...probably for the best. Try to be more positive Reaper and spread a litle sunshine along the way. Your blood pressure will be at an unhealthy level if you keep stressing out like you have been. Speaking of that, we are told IF we participate in the physical assessment, the blood pressure check will be considered participation in an event. IF we dont participate, the major will have us doing something on another date of his choice...not sure what that will be. Movie, reading material, lectures, who knows? Go and have your bp checked Mr. Reaper....participate, shake some hands, talk to your fellow officers and remember why you took this job in the first place. Try to enjoy what years you have left ...soon, it will be a distant memory.

06-10-2008, 11:49 AM
I would be interested in reading this information that you have mentioned about it being against FEDERA LAW to swap calibers on the same serial number frame.
Obviously you are not knowledgeable in this topic, as caliber swaps are done every day/ 45 acp to 22, AR15sw from 223 to 6.5 Rem Sp. or the Grendel round, etc.
Its OK to be an idiot, jut don't let everyone know by posting crap here.

That is not what the other guy said if you could read.

06-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Wow, that was a long post..

06-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Just as an FYI. The half a gun issue is crazy. The Gen II or III question was about trade-in value with Glock. The idea is just looking into what's out there and if we are carrying the best round for officer safety, as in in go home tonight.....