PDA

View Full Version : Ding Dong

05-31-2008, 09:47 PM
...the witch is gone.

06-01-2008, 05:30 AM
...the witch is gone.

"whipes tears from her eyes." I think thats the most beautiful piece of email I have received yet!!!!

06-01-2008, 11:06 PM
what was the deal with that?? does anyone know the exact reason why she is gone? or can at least give me the run down?

06-02-2008, 05:05 AM
what was the deal with that?? does anyone know the exact reason why she is gone? or can at least give me the run down?

It is very sad that this person's life has been shattered, however it is of her own doing. She had plenty of notice that she needed to improve her work product. Knowing how the city is, if she would showed the smallest iota of attempting to improve her performance, they would have given her the benefit of the doubt. She did not that, and her arrogance is what cost her the job.

06-02-2008, 12:24 PM
To all you neigh sayers out there who said that nothing will ever change, this should be proof of what is to come.The only real question is who will step in and take the reigns of a dispatch. I think after 8 years of the LF era the city has learned the errors of it's ways. Maybe this time they will seek out a leader that can actually do the job of those she supervises. She had to know this was coming, she was given ample time to fix the issues. Had she completed 1 she may still have her job today. Maybe in your next job you will learn to value your employees and treat them with respect. It was of her own making and now she has to reap what she has sown.

06-04-2008, 03:30 AM
How is she going to pay 5 a gallon to fill up that beast of a car ?

06-04-2008, 12:56 PM
Viva La Ferret!

06-08-2008, 03:17 AM
Who Larry, Moe, or Curly ? And if so can you please say who is who ?

06-12-2008, 12:15 AM
The only qualified person upstairs is Jo. She has the most experience, talent and knowledge to be the communications manager. Most people working here now were in their pops sperm sac when jo was dispatching. If DR wants to make good lasting changes upstairs His first priority now is to make Jo the manager. She is the most fair and reliable person upstairs. Anytime anybody needs ANYTHING she will help out. She rarely takes 40, never leaves on time and is a fixture upstairs. There is not one sworn officer that would want anyone else on the radio or in charge of the radio if their life depended on it. I believe a new era shall begin Kokofsky era.
VOTE FOR JO

06-12-2008, 03:01 AM
The only qualified person upstairs is Jo. She has the most experience, talent and knowledge to be the communications manager. Most people working here now were in their pops sperm sac when jo was dispatching. If DR wants to make good lasting changes upstairs His first priority now is to make Jo the manager. She is the most fair and reliable person upstairs. Anytime anybody needs ANYTHING she will help out. She rarely takes 40, never leaves on time and is a fixture upstairs. There is not one sworn officer that would want anyone else on the radio or in charge of the radio if their life depended on it. I believe a new era shall begin Kokofsky era.
VOTE FOR JO

I could not agree with you more ! She never leaves on time but then she never really shows up on time but I think she more then makes up for that fact by staying over and makes sure the City gets what they pay for. I know the officers on the road as well as her co-workers all feel the same way. She would be the logical person to take over and right all the wrongs that have been done to the employees and the City over the last 8 years. I second that VOTE FOR JO

06-12-2008, 04:38 AM
[quote="fomer cdc career leo":9r34uzu9]The only qualified person upstairs is Jo. She has the most experience, talent and knowledge to be the communications manager. Most people working here now were in their pops sperm sac when jo was dispatching. If DR wants to make good lasting changes upstairs His first priority now is to make Jo the manager. She is the most fair and reliable person upstairs. Anytime anybody needs ANYTHING she will help out. She rarely takes 40, never leaves on time and is a fixture upstairs. There is not one sworn officer that would want anyone else on the radio or in charge of the radio if their life depended on it. I believe a new era shall begin Kokofsky era.
VOTE FOR JO

I could not agree with you more ! She never leaves on time but then she never really shows up on time but I think she more then makes up for that fact by staying over and makes sure the City gets what they pay for. I know the officers on the road as well as her co-workers all feel the same way. She would be the logical person to take over and right all the wrongs that have been done to the employees and the City over the last 8 years. I second that VOTE FOR JO[/quote:9r34uzu9]

Upfront I apologize for this negative post..True Jo would be the best logical decision there in CDC. However on another note. When has this city or thisdepartment given a position of logical thinking to an individual based on their history of a strong committed work record? can anyone answer that? I hope that im proven wrong and she does get.. My vote to her as well GO JO!!!

06-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Jo is a great people person, knows her stuff. I don't know, however, if she wants to end her career here as the manager. We all know that the position would change anyone who takes it, and probably not for the better. She's fried now, imagine what the position would do to her. And if she doesn't leave on time now, well, she might as well just bring her pillow and blanket to the PD.

As a side thought, someone who regularly needs to work beyond their hours may not have the best time management skills.

It is a double edged sword, hiring from inside the PD, as opposed to an outsider. The center needs fixing now, and hiring from outside would delay that, while the new person got acclimated to the position, and the PD. It would take a new person time to evaluate the environment and the people. But, a new person comes in without preconceived ideas of the personnel. A new person could take appropriate action towards those that have been allowed, for years, to work with a substandard performance. Would or could someone from inside, have the fortitude to take a senior dispatcher and put her in remedial training?

I pray that the department doesn't make the same mistakes it made when LF came on. Wash their hands of CDC once they have someone 'in charge' and responsible/answerable for what goes on in there. They were, and remained clueless as to what she was doing, or not doing. It is that autonomy that corrupted LF. She could tell the Administration anything, and they believed her, even though they heard otherwise from reliable people inside the center. They need to keep Lt. Ranieri in there, at least for 6 months, to train the new manager, to make sure that this person is capable of handling the position.

I think they should hire from outside. Hiring from within would be a mistake. There is no way that history with co-workers, and favoritism cannot play a part in a promotion from within. CDC isn't like the road. A manager is there, 'in your face', so to speak, not just a 'call me when you need me on a scene'. Someone new would start on an even playing field, and if nothing else, the position itself would require the respect. The rest of the respect has to be earned.

Just my 2 cents for what its worth.

06-14-2008, 03:38 PM
Jo is a great people person, knows her stuff. I don't know, however, if she wants to end her career here as the manager. We all know that the position would change anyone who takes it, and probably not for the better. She's fried now, imagine what the position would do to her. And if she doesn't leave on time now, well, she might as well just bring her pillow and blanket to the PD.

As a side thought, someone who regularly needs to work beyond their hours may not have the best time management skills.

It is a double edged sword, hiring from inside the PD, as opposed to an outsider. The center needs fixing now, and hiring from outside would delay that, while the new person got acclimated to the position, and the PD. It would take a new person time to evaluate the environment and the people. But, a new person comes in without preconceived ideas of the personnel. A new person could take appropriate action towards those that have been allowed, for years, to work with a substandard performance. Would or could someone from inside, have the fortitude to take a senior dispatcher and put her in remedial training?

I pray that the department doesn't make the same mistakes it made when LF came on. Wash their hands of CDC once they have someone 'in charge' and responsible/answerable for what goes on in there. They were, and remained clueless as to what she was doing, or not doing. It is that autonomy that corrupted LF. She could tell the Administration anything, and they believed her, even though they heard otherwise from reliable people inside the center. They need to keep Lt. Ranieri in there, at least for 6 months, to train the new manager, to make sure that this person is capable of handling the position.

I think they should hire from outside. Hiring from within would be a mistake. There is no way that history with co-workers, and favoritism cannot play a part in a promotion from within. CDC isn't like the road. A manager is there, 'in your face', so to speak, not just a 'call me when you need me on a scene'. Someone new would start on an even playing field, and if nothing else, the position itself would require the respect. The rest of the respect has to be earned.

LF was from the outside, do you see where that got them......

06-15-2008, 07:45 AM

LF was from the outside, do you see where that got them......

And the Admin needs to learn from their previous mistakes. They have the Lt. in there now, leave him there. Don't be so quick to transfer him back to the road, to leave the new manager alone. To prevent the total power that LF had, the Admin needs to come down to CDC every day, speak with the people in the center. Let the new manager know that the door to the powers that be are open and that CDC isn't an isolated island where the Manager is King.

06-16-2008, 05:19 AM

They need someone in that office, that knows the issues and can resolve them, not someone who is going to take years to figure out the issues and who those people are who are causing them. I do agree with you that there is alot a favoritism in the center, but I would like to think that the LT has figured out those players by now. Good luck to the person who takes the position, you have my support for taking on such a task.

06-16-2008, 11:51 AM
Okay. So, someone from inside. Who?

How fair is it, that on one shift, no one can leave for their 10-40, as a result of a problem that arose from just one employee who would leave , and not come back. What kind of supervision is that, where the problem with the one person is not addressed and everyone else is punished?

Or the lead that never addresses issues. Who's excuse is I wasn't in the room when it happened, or I didn't see/hear it?

Or the lead who's example of dealing with subordinates is to call them a '**** head'? Thinks its 'cute'. Who has never gotten to work on time a single day in the years that I've worked there? What kind of example is that?

No. They need to hire from outside. The problems in CDC are quite obvious.

06-17-2008, 10:00 PM
does anybody know exactly how many victims ... er, uh, I mean, people .. applied?

06-18-2008, 01:33 AM
I dont think there is any point in arguing over whether the person should come from the inside or the outside. I can think of pros and cons from people from the outside, the same as people from the inside. I guess it would depend on who the person was from the inside, definitely none of the people that "yeah well" pointed out.

06-19-2008, 05:17 AM
[quote="snifle, snifle":4r27886n][quote="Thank God":4r27886n]...the witch is gone.

"whipes tears from her eyes." I think thats the most beautiful piece of email I have received yet!!!!
That's not cool to celebrate on someones misery!!!!!!! KARMA is a mother f ER!!!!!!! Now i bet there will be a bit argument on who gets her spot????? A bunch of self centered egotistical rat *******s!!!!!!![/quote:4r27886n]

It will be one of the three stooges, sorry dispatch[/quote:4r27886n]

Can u do a better job!!!

06-19-2008, 05:23 AM
Okay. So, someone from inside. Who?

How fair is it, that on one shift, no one can leave for their 10-40, as a result of a problem that arose from just one employee who would leave , and not come back. What kind of supervision is that, where the problem with the one person is not addressed and everyone else is punished?

Or the lead that never addresses issues. Who's excuse is I wasn't in the room when it happened, or I didn't see/hear it?

Or the lead who's example of dealing with subordinates is to call them a '. head'? Thinks its 'cute'. Who has never gotten to work on time a single day in the years that I've worked there? What kind of example is that?

Never addresses the issues huh...have you noticed the issues occured when she wasn't there? And before you run your mouth those ISSUES were addressed and in writing....

06-19-2008, 02:40 PM
[quote="Yeah well":h5fyxl6r]Okay. So, someone from inside. Who?

Or the lead who's example of dealing with subordinates is to call them a '. head'? Thinks its 'cute'. Who has never gotten to work on time a single day in the years that I've worked there? What kind of example is that?

Never addresses the issues huh...have you noticed the issues occured when she wasn't there? And before you run your mouth those ISSUES were addressed and in writing....[/quote:h5fyxl6r]

blah, blah,blah blah, LF sucked, leads suck, an outside person will really suck (just like LF did). Lets go commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06-19-2008, 06:06 PM
I cant imagine them even wanting to hire someone from the outside again. After the current issues why would they make it worse for those in dispatch? They dont need someone who is going to learn "something" about the radio channels and learn "something" about the problems in dispatch. We need someone who KNOWS the problems and KNOWS how to work the radios and KNOWS the problem people. Why is bringing someone in from the outside a benefit? You say it's because they dont know anyone and therefore cannot have favoritism? Lori came from the outside and she a few favorites. We need someone who doesnt take no crap and can make it better for us.

06-20-2008, 11:14 PM
I cant imagine them even wanting to hire someone from the outside again. After the current issues why would they make it worse for those in dispatch? They dont need someone who is going to learn "something" about the radio channels and learn "something" about the problems in dispatch. We need someone who KNOWS the problems and KNOWS how to work the radios and KNOWS the problem people. Why is bringing someone in from the outside a benefit? You say it's because they dont know anyone and therefore cannot have favoritism? Lori came from the outside and she a few favorites. We need someone who doesnt take no crap and can make it better for us.

You must have someone in mind who you think can walk the fine line between appeasing the folks in CDC, the Administration, and who can, with finesse, deal with the public, complaints, City administration, media, etc. There may be CDC'ers who are qualified as supervisors in the center, but don't have the work experience to deal with all the other issues. There is more to running that place then just personnel problems.
Who do YOU suggest?

06-22-2008, 07:37 PM
Obviously no one has any viable candidates from within the PD, which would suggest that the Administration should hire from outside.

06-23-2008, 04:46 PM
Obviously no one has any viable candidates from within the PD, which would suggest that the Administration should hire from outside.

maybe no feels they should answer to you

06-23-2008, 06:19 PM
Dear Yeah Well,

WELL said...Thank you for being literate, truthful & mature w/your posting.

I'm ashamed at some of what has been written. Other agencies as well as anyone with a computer can access this site & read the juvenile nonsense people have been posting.
Yes there are those here who definitely DO NOT deserve to wear OUR badge, let alone ANY badge, & yes we do have civilians here that shouldn't be. I know there's blame on both sides, but the lack of respect we have for one another is discouraging & embarrassing.

06-24-2008, 02:43 PM
Dear Yeah Well,

WELL said...Thank you for being literate, truthful & mature w/your posting.

I'm ashamed at some of what has been written. Other agencies as well as anyone with a computer can access this site & read the juvenile nonsense people have been posting.
Yes there are those here who definitely DO NOT deserve to wear OUR badge, let alone ANY badge, & yes we do have civilians here that shouldn't be. I know there's blame on both sides, but the lack of respect we have for one another is discouraging & embarrassing.

Don't we all love the 1st Ammendment?

07-12-2008, 11:45 PM
and the winner is.............

07-20-2008, 05:06 PM
Guess it doesnt pay to be a LF brown-noser after all

07-21-2008, 12:53 AM
From the Sun Sentinal

"The City Council plans to fill the vacancy by approving the hiring of David J. Tomlinson, a retired technology support manager for Archonix Services LLC, a New Jersey company that creates software for computerized dispatch systems. Tomlinson, of Glenside, Pa., would start Aug. 11 with a salary of $60,000."

07-22-2008, 06:19 PM
From the Sun Sentinal

"The City Council plans to fill the vacancy by approving the hiring of David J. Tomlinson, a retired technology support manager for Archonix Services LLC, a New Jersey company that creates software for computerized dispatch systems. Tomlinson, of Glenside, Pa., would start Aug. 11 with a salary of $60,000."

Archonix Services Announces Acquisition of D.M. DATA Corporation Assets

http://www.archonixsystems.com/Download/DMRelease.pdf

hmmm? A DM Data connection

07-23-2008, 07:35 PM
From the Sun Sentinal

Archonix Services Announces Acquisition of D.M. DATA Corporation Assets

http://www.archonixsystems.com/Download/DMRelease.pdf

hmmm? A DM Data connection

Ah are good old Mayor to be, back in the thick of it behind the scenes

07-23-2008, 08:08 PM
For 60,000 he better hold RJ's stop watch during the monthly toilet testing!

How many janitors does it take to change a light bulb?

None, they pay a sergeant to do it!

08-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Thankfully they didnt give it to the person who now spends her shift soundly sleeping - feet up on the table, gently snoring...

08-06-2008, 07:05 PM
Thankfully they didnt give it to the person who now spends her shift soundly sleeping - feet up on the table, gently snoring...

haha, I know who that is. Better get Jenny Craig or those chairs are gonna break

08-07-2008, 04:34 AM
TGJ

haha, I know who that is. Better get Jenny Craig or those chairs are gonna break

Too late!!! ***cccrrrraaaaaccckkkkkkk***

08-07-2008, 05:39 AM
^^^Ha ha ha :snicker: :mrgreen:

You know, they say that when you get a new manager usually you lose about 40% of the current employees. Do you think she'll be 20% of 'em? :devil: :devil:
Honestly though I can think of a few of those people that should leave too. Maybe there should be a memo as to who the 40% need to be. Hmm....shall I start naming names? :evil:

08-07-2008, 06:50 AM

You know, they say that when you get a new manager usually you lose about 40% of the current employees. Do you think she'll be 20% of 'em? :devil: :devil:
Honestly though I can think of a few of those people that should leave too. Maybe there should be a memo as to who the 40% need to be. Hmm....shall I start naming names? :evil:

she probably ate them. listen fatness, keep trying your best.. oh btw if i were you id look into some laser work, those Elivis sideburns are kicking :lol:
maybe a pic of you sleeping up on fire channel there will surface hmmm?

08-08-2008, 05:08 PM

belanger,harris,prieto,weissman . . . :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

08-08-2008, 05:37 PM
Hell no...trade you all them in exchange for Jabba

08-08-2008, 07:00 PM
The only difference between people you named and yourself is that they have jobs. :o

08-09-2008, 02:51 AM

Lets do the math - 35 employees...40% = 14 - lets see, four names out of 35 which= 1.4%
Maybe you should consider remedial math??

08-09-2008, 02:57 AM
Dont be hating on the poor girl...we all need our sleep. Dispatch is such a comfy place...and its soooo nice of her to let that other staff member cuddle up next to her to catch a nap at the same time...

What?? Did someone mention photographic evidence?? Yes...I have one too...

08-09-2008, 05:17 AM
To he/she that questoned the math, I didn't make that list so plz don't group it with my post. :lol:
to the person that made that list, weird list....not my choices , not all anyways.
Oh and who doesn't have photographic evidence of the sleeping, I have a recording of the snoring
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

p.s.
who would want to cuddle up next to elvis?

08-09-2008, 09:49 PM

very unusual choice of people, I dont think these 4 belong in the same category

08-10-2008, 05:47 AM
Yo...Sleeping Beauty...time to wake up! I guess all that time you spent with your nose up LF's butt didn't pay off eh?? People don't forget easily. I don't have pictures...but I sure as hell am going to try my best to get em!! Sleep with one eye open...trust no one...

08-11-2008, 12:17 AM
Yo...Sleeping Beauty...time to wake up! I guess all that time you spent with your nose up LF's butt didn't pay off eh?? People don't forget easily. I don't have pictures...but I sure as hell am going to try my best to get em!! Sleep with one eye open...trust no one...

Trust no one! Is there a member of staff that has any trust in her?

08-11-2008, 10:56 PM
Errrrr....let me think....ummmm....oh.....errrrr....well....let me think.....ok. You've got me.

08-13-2008, 07:34 PM

"refresh this!" wheres there is no sun. dont break those $1000.00 chairs up there with the imensa nalga!!! :devil:

08-13-2008, 09:40 PM
Come on you guys....$1000 chairs are so uncomfortable...I think a bed would be more appropriate for her.

08-14-2008, 06:17 AM

"refresh this!" wheres there is no sun. dont break those $1000.00 chairs up there with the imensa nalga!!! :devil:

¡Eso fue gracioso! ¡Nalgas inmensa! Vea donde todo ese nosing marrón le consiguió. Espere que usted quiera las medianoches. ¡Ah y a propósito, refresca su CAD!

For those of you that don't picky panni. Roughly translated "imensa nalga" means..........and I will try to be a little PC on this one here. It means she is a Cadilliac. You know got a lot of junk in the trunk. Or how shall I put it..........she got a big a**!

:evil: :devil: :evil: :devil:

08-14-2008, 07:41 PM

¡Eso fue gracioso! ¡Nalgas inmensa! Vea donde todo ese nosing marrón le consiguió. Espere que usted quiera las medianoches. ¡Ah y a propósito, refresca su CAD!

For those of you that don't picky panni. Roughly translated "imensa nalga" means..........and I will try to be a little PC on this one here. It means she is a Cadilliac. You know got a lot of junk in the trunk. Or how shall I put it..........she got a big a**!

:evil: :devil: :evil: :devil:

Ah! Mida lo! es la ballena! Vamos a domir!!!! hehehehe!!!!