PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Efficient

05-30-2008, 04:55 PM
Will FWC ever change from trucks to smaller fuel efficient style vehicles? It doesn't look like the name "conservation commission" is actually conserving? Why do Lt.'s and some LEO's drive gas guzzling F-250's if they rarely tow anything? Just curious.

05-30-2008, 08:38 PM
[size=18]Its not only the big gas guzzling trucks....what about all the l/e supervisors that drive from the house straight to the office EVERYDAY!
Have you noticed how they now go 10-8...102(supervisory patrol) They are trying to say they are on "Patrol" to the office.......ha ha ha
And lets not forget all our biologists and wildlife techs..........Straight to the office day after day! I realize SOME of these people actually do have a reason for driving the vehicle back and forth. But, For the most part it is an out right abuse of state equipment. One of the wildlife techs here drives over 45 miles ONEWAY to his assigned WMA. Why? Incase he gets a bear call out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes....a bear call out. If someone looked at the stats of how often he would get a bear call V.S. the cost of travel.....well you get the picture.
There seems to always be a "reason" why all the supervisors,Biologists,Techs.....HAVE to drive back and forth to work EVERYDAY. It makes about as much sense as paying our officers to drive to the physical assessment day when they are not participating! We must have plenty of money after all.

05-31-2008, 03:32 PM
Interesting, did not know that biologists have state take home vehicles. Maybe, that is why they are fighting to keep L/E from placing the new badge decal on the vehicles. Since, there trucks are so similar to that of L/E and most people driving by them think they are also L/E. Radio techs also, why do they need take home trucks? FWC is not a 911 agency, so where is the fire! They can drive to their assigned shop and start work. Do they get paid leaving from their driveway? Alot of wasteful spending in big government and all at taxpayers expense!

06-01-2008, 12:34 AM
FWC is not a 911 agency but thier officers are on an "on call" status just like other agencies. However, I do agree that Lt.'s and up shouldn't be driving around in brand new F-250's. That's just ridiculus.

On the topic of more efficient vehicles, we have several Jeep Libertys driving around and let me tell you as far as saving money, great idea, but the thing looks like a God Damn security golf cart. F that. Use em for supervisors only. Patrol in a Liberty with no cage would be even more embaressing than the old Blazers.

06-02-2008, 06:57 PM
What is a 911 agency? Who are they? Why is FWC not a 911 agency?

06-02-2008, 07:16 PM
PD and SO are 911! That is who you get when you call 911, a full service L/E agency on patrol to answer calls 24-7. FWC, a 911 agency to answer gopher tortoise calls, now thats funny! :lol:

06-02-2008, 09:01 PM
PD and SO are 911! That is who you get when you call 911, a full service L/E agency on patrol to answer calls 24-7. FWC, a 911 agency to answer gopher tortoise calls, now thats funny! :lol:
OUCH.......BUT, We have a new hat coming!!!!!!! AND....Ummmmm...............WE are getting Laptops.......So there! And dont forget our new BADGES....Yippeeeeeeeee a new badge! Oh yea.........One other thing MR. 911.......We are getting a new gun, well actually a half of a new gun. We might get half of a 45 caliber handgun soon. Thats right HALF of a new gun! New slide on our old guns!!!!!!!
SO......When we go to the Gopher calls we will have a computer,Badge,Hat,and half of a new gun........SO THERE!!!!
Hope your not in a hurry for us to get there......we may be out of funding for gas!

06-03-2008, 06:53 PM
OUCH.......BUT, We have a new hat coming!!!!!!! AND....Ummmmm...............WE are getting Laptops.......So there! And dont forget our new BADGES....Yippeeeeeeeee a new badge! Oh yea.........One other thing MR. 911.......We are getting a new gun, well actually a half of a new gun. We might get half of a 45 caliber handgun soon. Thats right HALF of a new gun! New slide on our old guns!!!!!!!
SO......When we go to the Gopher calls we will have a computer,Badge,Hat,and half of a new gun........SO THERE!!!!
Hope your not in a hurry for us to get there......we may be out of funding for gas!

Grimreaper, I do not recall one positive comment from you on this site. I am glad I do not work in your area. I can only imagine what those conversations are like. My guess is your fellow officers want to put themselves out of their misery after a short conversation with you. Believe it or not the sky is not falling in. Clearly you are a pessimist; the glass is always half empty. I hate the idea of the new hat; but I am not going to go crazy about it, just wont wear it. And yes, I have spoken up about it.

06-04-2008, 06:09 PM
all biologist vehicles, and they dont need to be trucks, should be white. that way there is no confusion, and nothing they can say about what stickers go on LE vehicles. no reason to have a F-250 if as far as you go is to the WMA check station on a paved road. and dont tell me they have to trailer a boat because the dead manatee will be at the boat ramp when they get around to retrieving it (nevermind LE has find it, tows it, and is told we are using too much fuel).

if they [biologists] REALLY want to pretend to play cop, they should be required to answer calls after normal working hrs (after 5pm), work weekends and holidays, and have a personal appearance requirement. until then, shut up, let us do our ------- jobs and be glad you have a vehicle at all. (guess they never realized that without the Div of LE, they wouldnt have a job!!!

06-05-2008, 01:40 AM
all biologist vehicles, and they dont need to be trucks, should be white. that way there is no confusion, and nothing they can say about what stickers go on LE vehicles. no reason to have a F-250 if as far as you go is to the WMA check station on a paved road. and dont tell me they have to trailer a boat because the dead manatee will be at the boat ramp when they get around to retrieving it (nevermind LE has find it, tows it, and is told we are using too much fuel).

if they [biologists] REALLY want to pretend to play cop, they should be required to answer calls after normal working hrs (after 5pm), work weekends and holidays, and have a personal appearance requirement. until then, shut up, let us do our ------- jobs and be glad you have a vehicle at all. (guess they never realized that without the Div of LE, they wouldnt have a job!!!

Well actually, if it weren't for the biologists researching the viability of a certain fishery to figure out it's sustainability then there would be no laws or regulations. We need the biologists just as much as they need us to enforce the laws that their research has deemed neccesary.

Also, some of our officers could use a little refresher on their personal appearance. Have you seen some of the sideburns on some officers. They look like rejects from Hee Haw.

06-05-2008, 02:08 AM
Biologists have their place. But if there were none, I am sure there would be a state agency to enforce boating safety laws...

06-05-2008, 02:14 AM
Biologists have their place. But if there were none, I am sure there would be a state agency to enforce boating safety laws...

The SOs seem to be taking that over.

06-05-2008, 12:07 PM
Not what I see, they just wave to everyone. Remember it is election year, when the SO's do very little except talk trash.

06-05-2008, 02:09 PM
Not what I see, they just wave to everyone. Remember it is election year, when the SO's do very little except talk trash.

Open our eyes. You'll see many SOs expanding their marine units. They may only wave to everyone but what have stats ever gotten us?

21Regal
06-06-2008, 12:20 AM
I wouldn't bank on that too much. Budgets all over the state have been hit hard by property tax reform. If they do expand their marine units unless it is Dade, Broward, or Palm Beach counties they won't budget them well. The key is public service over shear numbers when it comes to stats. BUI"s are important along with conservation enforcement. We need to get out of the habit of call the USCG, we have no officers available. The letters I have for helping people mean more to me than all of the trips I have made to the CJ over the decades.

06-06-2008, 01:47 AM

Grimreaper, I do not recall one positive comment from you on this site. I am glad I do not work in your area. I can only imagine what those conversations are like. My guess is your fellow officers want to put themselves out of their misery after a short conversation with you. Believe it or not the sky is not falling in. Clearly you are a pessimist; the glass is always half empty. I hate the idea of the new hat; but I am not going to go crazy about it, just wont wear it. And yes, I have spoken up about it.

You hit the nail on the head, Wiseguy. I've been reading this forum for awile, but haven't posted until now. I've read every one of this idiot, the GrimReaper's posts, and have concluded that I know who this FOOL is.

You were right, Wiseguy when you say that no officer wants to have a conversation with this guy. His user name is a nickname that others have given him because he is always the bearer of bad news. He obviously gets kicks and giggles out of it if he's using it for his freakin' user name!

You see, I used to work with this guy. And I'm sure you know who I am, GrimReaper. Are you still spewing venom and lies about everyone? Are you still meddling in everyones' business? Are you still spending half of your shift hangin' out at the local Sherriff's Department? I guess stirring up controversy out in the field isn't enough for you, as you have to come on this message board and blow your hot air that no one wants to listen to.

I'm delighted you don't work in my area anymore, cause I couldn't stand you when you were down here. It was really funny for me and everyone else when you "Stepped down" from supervision. No one liked you! And I guarantee no one likes you where you're at now. No one likes you on this forum. That's for dang sure.

Do us all a HUGE favor and SHUT THE HELL UP! As bad of shape as our agency is in right now, we don't need you posting on this board with the sole intent of instigating trouble. But you don't know what intent is. Do you, GrimReaper? You never could determine intent when dealing with the public. Write everyone for everything. Isn't that right, GrimReaper?

06-06-2008, 02:29 AM

You hit the nail on the head, Wiseguy. I've been reading this forum for awile, but haven't posted until now. I've read every one of this idiot, the GrimReaper's posts, and have concluded that I know who this FOOL is.

You were right, Wiseguy when you say that no officer wants to have a conversation with this guy. His user name is a nickname that others have given him because he is always the bearer of bad news. He obviously gets kicks and giggles out of it if he's using it for his freakin' user name!

You see, I used to work with this guy. And I'm sure you know who I am, GrimReaper. Are you still spewing venom and lies about everyone? Are you still meddling in everyones' business? Are you still spending half of your shift hangin' out at the local Sherriff's Department? I guess stirring up controversy out in the field isn't enough for you, as you have to come on this message board and blow your hot air that no one wants to listen to.

I'm delighted you don't work in my area anymore, cause I couldn't stand you when you were down here. It was really funny for me and everyone else when you "Stepped down" from supervision. No one liked you! And I guarantee no one likes you where you're at now. No one likes you on this forum. That's for dang sure.

Do us all a HUGE favor and SHUT THE HELL UP! As bad of shape as our agency is in right now, we don't need you posting on this board with the sole intent of instigating trouble. But you don't know what intent is. Do you, GrimReaper? You never could determine intent when dealing with the public. Write everyone for everything. Isn't that right, GrimReaper?

if you know him expose him,i am getting tired of his crap.i am recking my brain trying to figure out who took a vol demotion. he is probibly looking at his gun to see if the numbers match