PDA

View Full Version : Randle or Van Camp: Which one is the better choice?

05-30-2008, 02:19 PM
Randle or Van Camp: Which one is the better choice?

DDG
05-30-2008, 02:30 PM
do you really even need to ask that???

05-30-2008, 03:24 PM
do you really even need to ask that???

The reason for this thread is that both camps (Randle/VanCamp) are debating each other with the merits of their candidate under a thread entitled Van Camp Can't Pass ECSO Sergeant's Exam and that just does not seem right. You are a Van Camp supporter so I would think you would want the other thread to slowly dissappear.

06-01-2008, 02:59 PM
if i had to pick one of the three whos not sheriff, roper would be the top canidate.

06-02-2008, 02:32 PM
Randle is my choice. More experience in leadership. Van Cmap hs none.

06-02-2008, 06:06 PM
I don't think consistently leading the toast to close the bar at the beach elks lodge really certifies Randle's leadership ability....

Seriously, 20+ years in Gulf Breeze? And still not chief? Who possibly could have been left to look at? And the city still refused to hire him to be the man in charge of writing tickets and speak to seniors and make sure the traffic lights worked on weekends when everybody drives thru to get to the beach?

The PJC and UWF chiefs have to deal w/more than the assistant barney fife traffic ticket writing elks lodge bar closer.

I want a Sheriff who will sit back and say "this is what I need to run this place and these are the skillsets that have to be met". I don't want to keep hearing Randle speeches about how "he does it in Gulf Breeze". I don't care.

Tell me how things should be done, not what your boss has done.

06-02-2008, 06:17 PM
J5, i agree... i want a stand up guy for Sheriff. i am not impressed with Hall. The huricane really brought out his true colors. We all know about his sorid affairs.. its all over the county.

Roper- hes a trooper..and he cant raise money..no chance....enough said.

Randle- we all know about how no one likes him, and i dont think the guys here will like him either...

VanCamp- hes an outsider, and no rank. ive heard his message, he seems like a good guy but what makes him qualified to be our Sheriff, who is going to be his KM??

its sad that its all different, yet the same... Hall hasnt done much to put food on my table... im going to gamble and vote VanCamp...

06-02-2008, 06:40 PM
midway resident.
all good points.

i don't have much of a problem w/jeff not making rank. law enforcement organizations are incredibly flat when it comes to rank.... almost an inverse bank.. (you know, everybody is a VP at a bank!!)

i've heard jeff consistently say that he wants to bring change and fresh ideas to the table when it comes to MANAGING the sheriff's department and he is willing to look outside of the ranks for people who have expertise in areas that need to be addressed. he understands that input from all areas can only make the department better.

to me, that is smart business. don't assume you know everything and then ask questions and bring people on board who are going to help fulfill the mission.

my big problem w/randle is that he talks about nothing but how "he" does it in gulf breeze and how "he" will bring it to the county. i don't want that arrogance and lack of understanding.

from all i've heard, chris roper is a good guy. sheriff material? no. a good guy to have onboard to help w/the state mandates on traffic control? yes.

i don't personally dislike hall. i've heard him make comments that indicate a level of arrogance that i'm not comfortable with. i'm not happy with his actions pre/post ivan. i think he pays lip service to the bulk of our county. that said, i can't vote for the man, he has lost touch w/the reason most people go into law enforcement.

my opinion.

06-02-2008, 11:26 PM
J5... are you Jeff's boy or what?

06-03-2008, 01:21 AM
guest (can't you guys get creative so you aren't ALL guest???)

read my past posts. i'm going to vote for jeff.
it is obvious...

i'm not jeff's "boy". that is a rather narrow minded stereotype.

i like jeff because jeff wants to bring professional mgmt to the department...

06-03-2008, 01:53 AM
I love hearing you VanCant supporters bash Randle because he's been at Gulf Breeze for so long and is ONLY deputy chief. Jeff's been at Escambia how long, and he can't even pass the sergeant's exam? Doesn't that even raise a red flag for any of you guys? He couldn't make sergeant under any sheriff, not just Ronnie Mac. He's a slick sleeve, career-long. No offense to you other career slick sleeves (which there's obviously some on here commenting) but hell, at least Ronnie Mac could make lieutenant and he's no genius... Van Can't can't even pass the sergeants test.

VanCant's claim to fame is he ran Crimestoppers for several years. Commendable, yes. But does he have ANY kind of OTHER management or leadership experience? Has he ever hired anyone? Ever fired anyone? Ever handled an IA investigation (not be the subject of one)? Ever ordered cars, radios, equipment? Ever prepared a department budget?

Bash Randle all you want... you're scared and it's your defense mechanism. You know that Randle can outdo VanCant in every aspect...

Randle's education is better (UWF, FBINA, florida leadership conferences, or 1,000 hours continued training/education, etc).

Randle's professional management and administrative experience is better (from police officer to investigator to k9 handler to sgt to lt to deputy chief).

Randle is a better public speaker (just catch one of the debates and you'll see).

Randle is much more active in the community (Leadership Santa Rosa, united way, relay for life, elks lodge, sertoma, 1st judical circuit law enforcement assoc.).

Randle has been an FOP supporter since the beginning (he was a founding member of FOP lodge 114 and has sat on both sides of the bargaining table as an employee and administrator).

And likability? Randle is very likable guy. I've known him for years. I've also known of VanCant for a long time and though he's a very nice guy, he just doesn't impress me as Sheriff material. He just doesn't have the experience or smarts that I think is necessary to be a good Sheriff.

Just my two cents.

DDG
06-03-2008, 03:01 PM
I love hearing you VanCant supporters bash Randle because he's been at Gulf Breeze for so long and is ONLY deputy chief. Jeff's been at Escambia how long, and he can't even pass the sergeant's exam? Doesn't that even raise a red flag for any of you guys? He couldn't make sergeant under any sheriff, not just Ronnie Mac. He's a slick sleeve, career-long. No offense to you other career slick sleeves (which there's obviously some on here commenting) but hell, at least Ronnie Mac could make lieutenant and he's no genius... Van Can't can't even pass the sergeants test.

VanCant's claim to fame is he ran Crimestoppers for several years. Commendable, yes. But does he have ANY kind of OTHER management or leadership experience? Has he ever hired anyone? Ever fired anyone? Ever handled an IA investigation (not be the subject of one)? Ever ordered cars, radios, equipment? Ever prepared a department budget?

Bash Randle all you want... you're scared and it's your defense mechanism. You know that Randle can outdo VanCant in every aspect...

Randle's education is better (UWF, FBINA, florida leadership conferences, or 1,000 hours continued training/education, etc).

Randle's professional management and administrative experience is better (from police officer to investigator to k9 handler to sgt to lt to deputy chief).

Randle is a better public speaker (just catch one of the debates and you'll see).

Randle is much more active in the community (Leadership Santa Rosa, united way, relay for life, elks lodge, sertoma, 1st judical circuit law enforcement assoc.).

Randle has been an FOP supporter since the beginning (he was a founding member of FOP lodge 114 and has sat on both sides of the bargaining table as an employee and administrator).

And likability? Randle is very likable guy. I've known him for years. I've also known of VanCant for a long time and though he's a very nice guy, he just doesn't impress me as Sheriff material. He just doesn't have the experience or smarts that I think is necessary to be a good Sheriff.

Just my two cents. I`m a backer of Jeff. As i stated before, if this was an appointment by the Govenor, then yes, Randle has all of his tickets punched... But this isnt an appointment, this is an election. The facts are that Jeff is Pro-Union and will have a Staff that can do their jobs. If you are the President of a company, you dont do the finiancial statements yourself, you hire a CPA. It is no different. You dont have to be a Deputy Chief in order to hire professional to work under you. You surround yourself with the best talent that you can find.. and you allow them to manage their respective departments... that is what Jeff brings to the table.

Santa Rosa has some very talented young Deputies that will be called upon to step-up and lead their department if Jeff is elected... Jeff knows that he will need the support of the troops and will do everything in his power to increase moral and have a good standing with the Union....

Randle and Roper dont have a chance... this is a Race between Jeff and Sheriff Hall... Even talking about Randle being Sheriff is a dream and a waste of time.. lets talk real issues.

06-03-2008, 04:04 PM
I got a real issue. Will Jeff Van Camp make the promotional exams easier for everyone since he has experience in that area?

06-03-2008, 10:29 PM
What good is VanCamp hiring a CPA if he can't even understand the budget and reports that he submits. I don't see where VanCamp comes off acting as if he has all this knowledge and experience, when he doesn't. You VanCamp people just keep telling yourself it's only between you and Hall... You won't see Randle pass you and win. Never underestimate any of the candidates.

06-04-2008, 02:05 AM
Just a citizen who lives here, but is an LEO elsewhere. Chris Roper has more character than the others. Having worked with two of them and knowing something about Jeff, Roper has the personal strength that the others lack. Does character mean anything to you as you try to select someone to lead you for 4 or more years? Randle's experience is shallow and Jeff's is very limited. Otis has his record to run on so nothing more needs to be said about him.

DDG
06-04-2008, 08:24 PM
Gentlemen, this is an election... a popularity contest if you will. Randle may be the most "Qualified" on paper, but all he has is a split of Gulf Breeze, and taking votes away from Hall in Milton.

Hall has pace and Milton, but quite a few people in his strong hold are a little more than unhappy with Hall.

Roper has ZERO exposure in Gulf Breeze and Navarre. He will take votes from Hall in Milton, and pace.

Jeff has a spilt of Gulf Breeze, Navarre, and a lot of support in Jay. With 3 candidates taking votes away from Hall in his strong hold, Jeff is looking really strong.

Jeff leads in Money, and he leads in Public Support. Like it or not, Jeff is the front runner. He is the ONLY one that is reaching out to the Union, and making plans to improve pay and moral at the SRSO...

06-04-2008, 10:38 PM
DDG, again your facts are wrong. Randle has reached out to the union and participated in the forum the FOP had.

I would also say that it's incorrect the say that Van Camp is the ONLY one making plans to improve pay and morale (I assume you meant morale) at the SRSO. I know for fact that Randle has spoken about his plans publicly.

I just gotta say, sit back and watch, but don't get mad when Randle stomps your boy.

06-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Everyone knows the south end carries the vote. The south end is more populated than northern santa rosa. I think Randle will carry the south end and this will place him in office. Randle is more well known in the southend than any other candidate.

06-05-2008, 02:07 PM
Sorry Wes, the soundend will not carry Randal. Sucks to be you!

06-05-2008, 09:41 PM
That's right! Our Sheriff in tights will lift the southend over his head and carry them to victory!

All Hail Lord Humongous!!

http://www.vancampforsheriff.org/photos/lh1.jpg

06-05-2008, 09:45 PM
I don't know. Maybe we need a Sheriff who does not take himself so seriously. Just a thought.

06-06-2008, 12:56 AM
Maybe we need aSheriff with real experience as a Supervisor and not one who is going to bring in people who have experience. Everyone agrees Randle has better qualifications than Roper or Van Camp.
We don't need a Sheriff who needs on the job training on how to be a supervisor.

06-06-2008, 01:01 AM
I agree SR Resident. Randle is the only one with any credible admin/management experience and won't need on-the-job training like the others.

And by the way, it's time we get a Sheriff that IS serious about himself, his employees, and the people of this county.

06-06-2008, 01:44 AM
Maybe we need aSheriff with real experience as a Supervisor and not one who is going to bring in people who have experience. Everyone agrees Randle has better qualifications than Roper or Van Camp.
We don't need a Sheriff who needs on the job training on how to be a supervisor.

Experience at an agency that is the size of SRSO dispatch does not mean a whole bunch here. We already had a Sheriff from GBPD and it seems they will both have the same Chief Deputy so it could go from bad to worse.

No thanks. My vote is for Jeff Van Camp.

06-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Randle has stated publicly that Wes will NOT be in his administration. He has known Wes for a long time and Wes contributed to his campaign. Grow up.

Call and ask him for yourself and he'll tell you. He's stated it at forums and told people one on one.

Get your facts straight.

Plus, you can add up all the administrative and management experience that Van Camp and Roper have combined, and it doesn't even come close to what Randle has (even if he has little, as you say).

DDG
06-06-2008, 04:38 PM
Randle has stated publicly that Wes will NOT be in his administration. He has known Wes for a long time and Wes contributed to his campaign. Grow up.

Call and ask him for yourself and he'll tell you. He's stated it at forums and told people one on one.

Get your facts straight.

Plus, you can add up all the administrative and management experience that Van Camp and Roper have combined, and it doesn't even come close to what Randle has (even if he has little, as you say). i hear ya Terry....

06-06-2008, 08:10 PM

Get your facts straight.

Plus, you can add up all the administrative and management experience that Van Camp and Roper have combined, and it doesn't even come close to what Randle has (even if he has little, as you say).

Wendell stated publicly he would get rid of Collier and Seevers but he promoted them. Do you think for one second we should believe that Randle wont make Wes a part of the Admin? I would rather take my chances with Van Camp or Roper. Randle is a snake and so is Wes. Don't leieve or trust what they say.

06-07-2008, 12:02 PM
Please vote for Randull a drunk at best. check for yourself at the Pens Beach Elks loosers. Or Wendull having sex with 19yoa little girls. Go ahead Terry please post a reply. At Least jeff is the only Family Man who has been married for 24yrs and has a family that he raised. No other candidate can say that!!!!!!

06-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Please vote for Randull a drunk at best. check for yourself at the Pens Beach Elks loosers. Or Wendull having sex with 19yoa little girls. Go ahead Terry please post a reply. At Least jeff is the only Family Man who has been married for 24yrs and has a family that he raised. No other candidate can say that!!!!!!

Most women I know who are 19 are not "little girls"

06-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Randle- is it true that you were having sex with your informants and caused the states attorneys office to nolle pros a bunch of cases due to that reason?

Vote for Randle- a Drunk, unethical, mini-FHP asst chief, with Godwin for a chief deputy, Rats out Deputies for speeding durring a responce for an officer needs assistance. All that and Wes Cummings as an advisior.... sounds like we really want that...

06-07-2008, 06:21 PM
YES GIRLS AT THE AGE OF 19 HAVING SEX WITH A 60 YEAR OLD MAN IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH THAT PICTURE OR ARE YOU A PREVERT TOO!!!!!!! NOW THATS A LEADER I WANT, PLEASE VOTE FOR 19YRS WENDULL OR THE DRUNK ELKS LOOSER.