PDA

View Full Version : performance pay

05-29-2008, 09:15 PM
So whats the deal people with these pay for performance raises based on our evaluations. Now I hear they are taking that away? If this is true, this is bad, and another strike against our Chief. If it is not true my apologizes. Any info would be appreciated.

05-29-2008, 11:14 PM
So whats the deal people with these pay for performance raises based on our evaluations. Now I hear they are taking that away? If this is true, this is bad, and another strike against our Chief. If it is not true my apologizes. Any info would be appreciated.

Alot of rumors going on, no information coming forward from either side. Check with JH, he seems to know everything from both sides, the Chiefs office and PBA, if he can't help, I don't know what to tell you.....know one is sure what is going on. I beleive it is the quiet before the storm.

05-30-2008, 12:58 AM
Please don't confuse this, I have been retire more then the States required month, so I can again post here without a reduction in my pay. I will only comment on question to do with issues. So here goes.
If you have 6 years of service with no break as of 06/30/08 and got 165 or better on your eval, you should get 3% bonus the first check of December. This is a bonus and doesn't go toward your total yearly income for pension purpose. Also if the safe school center turns a profit and you receive a 135 to a 164 on your eval you will (should) get 5% of your base to be paid sometime around March. If you got 165 or higher you will (should) receive 6% of your base at the same time. The 3% isn't based on safe schools and you should get in Dec if you made it. The 2nd one is based on the profits of safe schools so that's up in the air till they do the books and see if they turned a profit.
I think you will get the 3% as the Chief did tell some Officers that they made career ladder steps so the Department is moving forward in these areas. Time will tell on the safe school monies.
The retirement did me well and I hope this helps.

05-30-2008, 01:01 AM
Thank you for your reply. Your right it is like the calm before the storm. Just wish the line of communication was there down to the Officers. People complain about the rumor mill, but that rumor mill is the only information that circulates the PD, right or wrong. Well one more week, and only time will tell I guess.

05-30-2008, 01:26 AM
Please don't confuse this, I have been retire more then the States required month, so I can again post here without a reduction in my pay. I will only comment on question to do with issues. So here goes.
If you have 6 years of service with no break as of 06/30/08 and got 165 or better on your eval, you should get 3% bonus the first check of December. This is a bonus and doesn't go toward your total yearly income for pension purpose. Also if the safe school center turns a profit and you receive a 135 to a 164 on your eval you will (should) get 5% of your base to be paid sometime around March. If you got 165 or higher you will (should) receive 6% of your base at the same time. The 3% isn't based on safe schools and you should get in Dec if you made it. The 2nd one is based on the profits of safe schools so that's up in the air till they do the books and see if they turned a profit.
I think you will get the 3% as the Chief did tell some Officers that they made career ladder steps so the Department is moving forward in these areas. Time will tell on the safe school monies.
The retirement did me well and I hope this helps.

Thanks for the info, but only one question? Where do you find out all your information, I never hear anything that resembles your information, but I give you credit, your always right on target. Are you hiding under the Chiefs Desk. Thanks again...without you we would have no information.

05-30-2008, 01:47 AM
I thank you JH, its good to hear from you again. Your info is always welcomed, and needed greatly. So it looks like the pay for performance setup will stay and not be removed as the first post stated. Another rumor that has been cleared up thanks to JH. YDM!!!

05-30-2008, 02:56 PM
The 165 is wrong and everyone should get merit pay. If we see our supervisors less than once a week, how can they say who gets what. Its a good ole boy system and they pick and choose who gets it and what year they get it. 165 is wrong, either everyone gets it or no one. How can you say one officer is better than another? I know Officers that hang out in their offices play on the internet most the day and get 165. Wow! what is wrong with that picture. They may not be good on their campus but a supervisor can make them look good on paper.

05-30-2008, 11:24 PM
The 165 is wrong and everyone should get merit pay. If we see our supervisors less than once a week, how can they say who gets what. Its a good ole boy system and they pick and choose who gets it and what year they get it. 165 is wrong, either everyone gets it or no one. How can you say one officer is better than another? I know Officers that hang out in their offices play on the internet most the day and get 165. Wow! what is wrong with that picture. They may not be good on their campus but a supervisor can make them look good on paper. I beg to differ with you I know that I am better than 65% of the other officers in this department without any doubt in my mind what so ever. But you are absolutely 1005 correct in your assertion that the 165 is a ridiculous benchmark. First of all half of the rating criteria listed on the officers yearly evaluation is difficult to quantify. And you are right on the money about the good olde boy system that is entrenched within this department. Some of these so called supervisors definitely give their officers undeserved ratings because they think that it makes them look good as a supervisor. Another reason that the 165 is bullchips is the fact that it is not perpetual, this means that it is a one time deal and it does not do a think for your pension. I could go on and on but what is the use.

05-31-2008, 02:46 AM
All valid points, and no name calling yet, we actually can be civil. There are numerous flaws with many many things at the District for our Police Department. If we can hang in there and pull it all together it will be years before we can get what we deserve, but I am hopefull. I just dont understand how the PD could function for so many years and get away with all this. But like the Chief said look at the big picture, we have a wonderful schedule. The schedule is great, but that seems like the only plus about the job now a days. I do like working with the kids though, so I am happy, just feel we deserve a little bit more.

05-31-2008, 02:53 AM
I know Officers that hang out in their offices play on the internet most the day and get 165. Wow! what is wrong with that picture. They may not be good on their campus but a supervisor can make them look good on paper.

I worked with one of these Officers years back. I loved how she would clean her office and be more concerned about installing games on her computer then assisting me with interviews, or pulling cases. The best part was it seemed everyone was OK with it, and just started going through me for everything. Then review time came and she gets OVER a 165. Needless to say i didnt stick around, and we know what happen to her.

06-01-2008, 03:56 AM
Yeah we know 9b20

06-01-2008, 12:53 PM
Yeah we know 9b20

Hey fishlips, you always have alot to say, maybe that is why you have been bounced from so many jobs, and would not be able to be hired by any other agency. You always brag about what a tough guy you are, but we all know you are really a big coward. You owe this lady an apology, it is obvious you use this forum to hide and sling your crap, well your mouth got you in trouble again.....go figure.

06-01-2008, 10:33 PM
The 165 is wrong and everyone should get merit pay. If we see our supervisors less than once a week, how can they say who gets what. Its a good ole boy system and they pick and choose who gets it and what year they get it. 165 is wrong, either everyone gets it or no one. How can you say one officer is better than another? I know Officers that hang out in their offices play on the internet most the day and get 165. Wow! what is wrong with that picture. They may not be good on their campus but a supervisor can make them look good on paper. I beg to differ with you I know that I am better than 65% of the other officers in this department without any doubt in my mind what so ever. But you are absolutely 1005 correct in your assertion that the 165 is a ridiculous benchmark. First of all half of the rating criteria listed on the officers yearly evaluation is difficult to quantify. And you are right on the money about the good olde boy system that is entrenched within this department. Some of these so called supervisors definitely give their officers undeserved ratings because they think that it makes them look good as a supervisor. Another reason that the 165 is bullchips is the fact that it is not perpetual, this means that it is a one time deal and it does not do a think for your pension. I could go on and on but what is the use.

Better than 65% at what, touching yourself.

06-02-2008, 12:12 AM
All valid points, and no name calling yet, we actually can be civil. There are numerous flaws with many many things at the District for our Police Department. If we can hang in there and pull it all together it will be years before we can get what we deserve, but I am hopefull. I just dont understand how the PD could function for so many years and get away with all this. But like the Chief said look at the big picture, we have a wonderful schedule. The schedule is great, but that seems like the only plus about the job now a days. I do like working with the kids though, so I am happy, just feel we deserve a little bit more.
Run for PBA rep, you can read, write and have some intelligence.

06-02-2008, 12:14 AM
The 165 is wrong and everyone should get merit pay. If we see our supervisors less than once a week, how can they say who gets what. Its a good ole boy system and they pick and choose who gets it and what year they get it. 165 is wrong, either everyone gets it or no one. How can you say one officer is better than another? I know Officers that hang out in their offices play on the internet most the day and get 165. Wow! what is wrong with that picture. They may not be good on their campus but a supervisor can make them look good on paper. Why did we allow this in our contract?

06-02-2008, 12:18 AM
The Chief wants us to stay here for another 3 to 4 years for profit sharing
for the program which never got off the ground and may never will. The Chief is in the DROP and won't be here 3 to 4 years from now. Another pipe dream. Chief, Do you make this stuff up as you go along to try to keep Officers who were or may still be loyal to you until they only got a 2% raise this year? I am sorry to see some good Officers leave, replaced by the Chief's good ole boy network as of retired Captains and Majors from other departments. Then find easy do nothing jobs for them. Some have not even paid their dues at a school. Yes, Chief, We do see the big picture. The more we look, the better it comes into focus.

06-02-2008, 01:18 AM
You seem to have plenty to say about the man why dont you walk into his office and let him know how you feel. But you wont because you are a coward who likes to hide behind the computer.

06-02-2008, 02:48 AM
You seem to have plenty to say about the man why dont you walk into his office and let him know how you feel. But you wont because you are a coward who likes to hide behind the computer.

With all do respect this board is an outlet for frustration, and the prior post was an example of that. They have a right to be angry if they want, and also have the right not to mention their name, just as you choose not to. Voice your ideas here please, be smart. Walking into the Chiefs office and saying things like that does nothing for anyone. Honestly, I will say it again I am happy with my job, but we do deserve more. I wish nothing but the best for everyone. But my observations have revealed the Chief "appears" to have no fight in him left for us. If I am wrong prove it. Supply FACTS of what he has done for the average Officer over the past 5 years. Maybe I am just blinded by a great schedule. Oh did I mention the schedule, and how wonderful it is?

06-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Say Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat is right. You said this forum is for venting then vent without directing yourself toward a particular person. Yeah the Chief could be doing more for us but remember without us there is no need for him.