PDA

View Full Version : How to get a Salary Increase

05-28-2008, 03:42 AM
As a retired LEO I still go on this website from time to time just for sh$ts and Giggles to see what is going on. Mainly all I see is a bunch of whining from a group of Losers who don't have the sense God gave them. All you do is ***** and whine about what the Sheriff has done to you or hasn't done for you, but what I want to know is what are you doing for yourselves! One of the greatest things going when I was active was the Incentive courses that George Stone offers for LEOs. I was one of the first officers in this area to max out the $130.OO for taking those courses and that money came in evey month like clockwork, and guess what - IT ALSO COUNTS TOWARDS YOUR RETIREMENT!!!!! Now I know that to some of you oh so intelligent fellas out there it doesn't seem like a lot of money for the trouble you have to go to in order to get it, but most of those courses are simple enough that even someone with a GED can pass them! Oh! and here's something else - you might even learn something, but even if you don't, you get to network with officers from other agencies and that might even lead to a higher paying JOB!!!! Now $130 per month after taxes may only be $90 dollars or so, but that is a week's worth of groceries or helps pay on that bass boat, and it is money that you can get for yourself even if you don't get a raise due to budget cuts! And guess what - IT COUNTS TOWARDS YOUR RETIREMENT!!!!! I should know because after many years in Law Enforcement my retirement income after no longer paying FOP dues, extra insurance policies, united way, etc. is only $400 less than WHEN I WAS WORKING FULL TIME and that pay incentive money is part of that. So don't sit on your a$$es expecting the sheriff to get you a raise with money that isn't there, when you can go out and get some extra money for yourselves that no one can take away from you. Or just keep moaning and groaning, because that's so much better!!!!!

05-28-2008, 01:56 PM
Wes, I bet you wish you were still working.

DDG
05-28-2008, 02:45 PM
the money is there... you just got to have someone get it for you...

05-28-2008, 04:09 PM
Like Jeff got his Sgt's pay?

DDG
05-28-2008, 04:11 PM
yeah just like that...