PDA

View Full Version : Mayor

05-27-2008, 08:21 PM
I know I'm in the minority in the department, but I think this Mayor did plenty for the department. He gave us a new police station (I remember the old one), new cars, laptops for everyone a 12% raise over three years, a command center new Harlys and made this a real city. I remember when this city was the joke of the county, now this city has been voted as one of the best four cities in our county. I understand that you greedy officers are going to start writing that I'm not a cop but your wrong I just know I can't say who I am because I will be hated in the Department. the truth is the truth we can cry all we want but this mayor may not have been the best for our pockets but he has been the best Mayor this City ever had. Lets worry about having a police department we can all be proud off (not just a few) and stop dreaming about things that will never happen. He won't loose an election He has gotten every councilmember elected and re-elected and he has been elected and re-elected three times. If your hopes are based on him not getting re-elected I wish you luck because yopur going to need it. I know your going to write the same thing I've been hearing for years about how he can be beat but that is only a pipe dream. Be smart, look at the facts, he will be our Mayor untill he decides to move on, all we can hope for is that he gets tired of this City and moves on.

05-27-2008, 09:00 PM
I know I'm in the minority in the department, but I think this Mayor did plenty for the department. He gave us a new police station (I remember the old one), new cars, laptops for everyone a 12% raise over three years, a command center new Harlys and made this a real city. I remember when this city was the joke of the county, now this city has been voted as one of the best four cities in our county. I understand that you greedy officers are going to start writing that I'm not a cop but your wrong I just know I can't say who I am because I will be hated in the Department. the truth is the truth we can cry all we want but this mayor may not have been the best for our pockets but he has been the best Mayor this City ever had. Lets worry about having a police department we can all be proud off (not just a few) and stop dreaming about things that will never happen. He won't loose an election He has gotten every councilmember elected and re-elected and he has been elected and re-elected three times. If your hopes are based on him not getting re-elected I wish you luck because yopur going to need it. I know your going to write the same thing I've been hearing for years about how he can be beat but that is only a pipe dream. Be smart, look at the facts, he will be our Mayor untill he decides to move on, all we can hope for is that he gets tired of this City and moves on.You said the magic words he has not been the best for our pockets. The same pocket that feeds my kids the same pocket that pays my bills. He takes out of my pocket and makes himself look good and not to mention lining his. I remember when he first ran for Mayor he drove a beat up old Bronco with an attached tag not assigned, and he lived in a one bedroom condo in the city. Look at him now Five years later that house he has looks like no condo. So I could care less about that you think a new police station makes him agood mayor I rather be in the old station and provide more for my family.

05-28-2008, 12:50 AM
Manny,

since we know it’s you

Giving us a new station means zero!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• They took our take home cars away

• We are still short and have the same number of cops since the 90's

• We can only take a sgt exam, not LT's or Capt

• You hire outside, none qualified individual with bad almost criminal past to command staff

• No upper mobility

• Our contract got worse, IE Health Insurance, so the so call 12 % means zip

• You violate our Union rights, including FS 112

• We had to change from PBA to FOP to get respect

• You use Hialeah IA to spy on us and do investigations because we are not good enough to do our own

• Good cops leave to better police departments

• You transfer us if we speak out, IE Detectives

I am sure i will think of more, So to come on here and write the bulls--- posted above, we know its not one of us !

05-28-2008, 06:50 PM
Its not Manny, but feel free to think that. PBA agreed that you had a fair contract and that you are cry babies so that means that they sold you out, wait until the same happens with the FOP. Good luck with your dreams and perception of reality, I'm out!!!

05-28-2008, 06:50 PM
Its not Manny, but feel free to think that. PBA agreed that you had a fair contract and that you are cry babies so that means that they sold you out, wait until the same happens with the FOP. Good luck with your dreams and perception of reality, I'm out!!!

05-28-2008, 07:00 PM
At last someone speeks the truth. I appreciate that you only care about your pocket (I respect that) I do as well, that does not mean he has been a bad Mayor. As for were he lives i wish I lived in a house like that (I'm sure you do too). Maybe your right about him, or maybe not, there is such a thing as working hard to get to where you are. Listen I'm not saying he is the best for us, I'm just saying that we are going overboard, we have to work with what we have. I know this is not popular but is the reality wether we like it or not. Lets not lie to ourselfs, he is a very popular Mayor, you know it and I know it, why are we kidding ourselfs? Say what you want, but please, be realistic.

05-30-2008, 05:19 AM
Yeah, we're getting respect with the FOP, we can't even file a griavens. Keep up the good work. I'm not one of you because I disagree with you? that is why this department will always be devided there is no room for more than one opinion. Trust me I was one of yours (not anymore), it's good to know that we can speak our mind. Think what you want I don't care anymore I'm fed up with all the BS as soon as I can I'm leaving this hell hole.

06-02-2008, 03:15 PM
You guys need to come to Hialeah to see what a bad contract looks like. I would trade our contract with yours any day!

06-02-2008, 09:08 PM
Gilda was the best, best for the cops

06-03-2008, 02:27 AM
She was also the best for the news and the State attorneys office.