PDA

View Full Version : 2 shot within 5 months

05-25-2008, 10:10 PM
My prayers go out to the officers families that have delt with a loved one being shot in north miami beach.

With all this violence, an increase in assaults on LEO's in NMB, increase in robberies, an increase in burglary's, an increase in just about everything, and yet we freeze the hiring of officers and haven't filled the spots through our recent retirements. Chief, you should be ashamed of yourself, your a disgrace to the offiecrs and our safety is of null importance. Your priority is not that of our safety, it's on playing puppet to our city manager on cutting the budget and making sure the station is the cleaniest of all the departments in miami-dade. Way to go fukkkoooo!!!

05-26-2008, 05:17 AM
My prayers go out to the officers families that have delt with a loved one being shot in north miami beach.

With all this violence, an increase in assaults on LEO's in NMB, increase in robberies, an increase in burglary's, an increase in just about everything, and yet we freeze the hiring of officers and haven't filled the spots through our recent retirements. Chief, you should be ashamed of yourself, your a disgrace to the offiecrs and our safety is of null importance. Your priority is not that of our safety, it's on playing puppet to our city manager on cutting the budget and making sure the station is the cleaniest of all the departments in miami-dade. Way to go fukkkoooo!!!
The City cries broke, then gives our valued DIRECTOR of sukin dat ace CARNEY a raise of 5% with one hand while using the other to lube up the ace of the captains with the pick up line of "we is outta cash" but lemmie pay my boy MERRITT STEIRHEIM $9000 to come in and get us motivated? Meanwhile the CITY COUNCIL enjoys FREE INSURANCE and a monthly VEHICLE STIPEND ($500+) and all of those NMB manager MFs that lost their "take home cars" have banked up large cash monthly payments from the city (Director Chili-Con and Mack in the PD alone so speak up beitches) so where is the cash crunch? The tax base has risen multiple millions over the last 6 years but a 2 million cut is going to cause us to go broke? Sell this bullsheet to some other fools. If we have to cut big monies then lets see #1 turn in the personal use free gas leased SUV aka PERK (i hate that word) lets see the COUNCIL give the car STIPEND aka PERK (i hate that word) back and refuse the FREE HEALTH INSURANCE aka PERK (i hate that word) that every employee pays for. Leadership starts at the top so lets see who is the first EXECUTIVE employee to step up and take one for team, my guess is NMB ENRON will keep selling the same old tired bull while suckin in the PERKS.
PS, read about the MDPD officer shot one block outside of NMB today?

05-26-2008, 01:20 PM
The "we're broke" mantra is bullshizzat and they know it! The city's tax rolls have more than doubled in the last few years, and the tax revenues increased by more than 22% in a single year (2004), so who exactly are they kidding when they say that they have to cut back???

A 22% increase in taxes in a single year, and this city is broke?!?!?!?

What a bunch of bullcrap!!!!

05-26-2008, 05:40 PM
NORTH MIAMI BEACH
BY CARLI TEPROFF
cteproff@MiamiHerald.com
Posted on Sun, May. 25, 2008

The North Miami Beach City Council recently met for a two-day retreat to discuss finances, goals and expectations for the city's future.

Having a shorter work week; reevaluating top management positions and establishing more user fees were among the ideas floated at a recent two-day strategic planning session for North Miami Beach council members.

Months ago, the city decided to hold a retreat in order to come up with a plan for the future that would address finances, services, employees and goals.

''I, for one, am a believer in having a plan,'' Mayor Raymond Marin said. ``This way we know where we are going and generally how to get there.''

Consensus of the council was that the city needs better customer service, the building department needs to be improved and that the council has to work more cohesively.

''I think we learned that we all do have some of the same goals for the city,'' council member John Patrick Julien said.

City Manager Keven Klopp, who gave a presentation over the May 14-15 workshop, said a tough upcoming budget year -- he estimates that the city will have about $4 million less in revenue -- is enough reason to plan early. Having had to cut about $4 million out of last year's budget, as well, has Klopp concerned for the city's future.

''Absolutely, 100 percent without a doubt we should have a plan in place,'' Klopp said. ``Especially when we are coming upon tough times.''

The city hired JRD & Associates to help facilitate the meeting, which cost about $9000, Klopp said.

said the next step is to come up with a plan which will allow the council to be able to have better performance measures.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got an idear for saving money, stop wasting it on stupid shit!!!!!

05-26-2008, 07:42 PM
Tough times calls for tough decesions from every division. They have already contracted services to cut city lawn's . Now keep going, we dont need Eastern Shores Rescue Services, MDFD, is much better and higher qualified. Sorry to say but lets consolidate services with Miami Dade and give them our library. Next if we arent hiring more cops, contract out all our major crimes including cold cases. If units arent making money they get placed on the road to help ! Stop the same old same old! Great job water dept... bring in all that money!

05-26-2008, 11:09 PM
How is it that we are facing a $2.0 million dollar budget cut at the P.D? We are one of only 18 cities in the state that were able to for go additional tax cuts when the property tax issue was voted in. Less than two months ago one of our officers gets shot at and yesterday a metro cop gets shot in an area that our city has been talking about incorporating for years now.
Bottom line is that our city government has squandered tons of money away that was earned when the stock markets were earning high returns. They neglected to go after Aventura and Sunny Isles due to being worried about being voted out of council. Take a look around and it's not very hard to figure out that our city if barley a step away from being Opa Locka East.
The 33160 zip code is the second highest area for shootings and murders of teens, next to...drum roll....OPA LOCKA! Our entire system has failed. Look at the neighborhoods. Outside of Sky Lake and Eastern Shores, nothing has been done by Code Enforcement to correct the eye sores. Bring in an independent Code Enforcement Unit and they will condemn ALL of Highland Village. 1950's era mobile homes with built on additions. I would love to see the approved permits for them!
Get rid of that sham "Eastern Shores Rescue" and save the city $500 k. I would rather be worked on by Jay Merrill than one of those clowns acting like they are qualified EMTs. If we can't be run like a "real city", then do away with services like the Library and the trash collectors. International Waste Services would contract a whole lot cheaper than paying full time garbage collectors.
For christ's sakes, if one of our council persons would register there automobile tags in our county as required by law, we may even be able to collect a few cents from the tag registration. If employees are supposed to follow by example, then what kind of examples are being offered by our leadership? Without a doubt we having no one leading the employees in any kind of positive direction.