PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound familiar?

05-25-2008, 02:14 PM
Published: Sunday, May 25, 2008

WEST PALM BEACH
Overtime Fraud Charged in Sheriff's Dept.

A sheriff's lieutenant has been arrested and accused of defrauding the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office of $43,000 in overtime and more supervisors could be implicated, authorities said Friday.

Lt. Sandra Nealy, 46, of Riviera Beach, was arrested early Friday and charged with 17 counts of fraud, including falsifying official documents and illegal use of another person's identity.

According to sheriff's officials, Nealy and other supervisors manipulated records so that they and friends could work lucrative overtime shifts guarding hospitalized inmates. Sheriff's officials said the overtime system was intended to save money and benefit lower-paid deputies. But they accuse Nealy of enlisting fellow employees to reserve overtime slots and either work them herself or doled them out to friends.

Nealy's lawyer, Michael Salnick, told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel that she would plead not guilty.

How many times has this occurred at LPD but nothing happens?

05-26-2008, 01:59 AM
It is going on right now, but trust me, the one being investigated will walk cause she is, well you know what she is.

05-26-2008, 03:49 PM
Yep, we know why she, and he, have not and will not be held to the same standards as we are.

05-27-2008, 02:44 AM
A Lt. should have only been allowed to work a detail requiring a Lt. Likewise, the same goes for Sgts. Not to mention a Capt. taking money from an Officer. However, if a detail goes unfilled by a certain date then it should be open for everyone department-wide. Most agencies do not allow rank to take Officers details; sorry, that's all part of the promotion. But at LPD things are different. You can have your cake and eat it too!

06-12-2008, 08:17 PM
I just heard a rumor that the IA was over for a SGT. and the recommendation was sent to the boss man? Can anyone confirm or deny this rumor. I am hoping what I heard is the truth.

06-13-2008, 12:03 AM
I am sure if what you heard it true or not but I can assure you that nothing and I repeat nothing will happen if the IA is sustained. Our boss will do nothing as he is afraid. This has happened in the past (same violations) with the SGT (then an officer) and nothing was done.

Of course, something should be done but it ain't gonna happen!

06-13-2008, 12:05 AM
Sorry about the spelling and grammar. I am tired! Anyway it should read, I am not sure if what you heard is true or not.....

06-13-2008, 01:08 PM
I concur, nothing will happen to her. The admin is afraid of her, her husband and the northwest community. Regardless of their inability to do their jobs, they were promoted to appease the northwest. They will be retained and will receive no serious discipline for the same reason.

06-14-2008, 03:53 PM
I am sure if what you heard it true or not but I can assure you that nothing and I repeat nothing will happen if the IA is sustained. Our boss will do nothing as he is afraid. This has happened in the past (same violations) with the SGT (then an officer) and nothing was done.

Of course, something should be done but it ain't gonna happen!

If nothing is done by the chief, then our Reps. should start a PBA protest on the steps and bring some backup over with signs and the media.

Lonewolf1
06-15-2008, 10:36 PM
The 3rd floor got what it wanted and promoted her for the sake of being "stylish" and patronizing the NW community. Even though she has demonstrated a career of incompentency and no street cop sense.

That being said, if the allegations are sustained she will be kicked to the curb and all the 3rd floor nimrods have to do is wring their hands, look sad, and say, "We gave this officer every chance and she let us down."

Once this hits the media, they will offer her up and find another demographic pleasing officer they can pin their PC badge on. They will no more protect her than they would anyone else under these kinds of cirucumstances. Remember, the media will not go back and look at her history to see what a nitwit she was, they will only go as deep as the current issue and not question how someone like this got promoted in the first place. The 3rd floor gets away with another bone head promotion and finds another to promote.

06-25-2008, 03:49 PM
The recommendation was handed down 2 weeks ago, what's the latest word?

06-29-2008, 12:56 AM
The entire chain recommended termination for both. Will the Chief step up and do what needs to be done is another thing. Both parties involved in the IA already have the northwest clergy down at the station making a case for them. Both parties also have stated if they get more then a verbal reprimand they will do what they have to do.

06-29-2008, 05:29 AM
The entire chain recommended termination for both. Will the Chief step up and do what needs to be done is another thing. Both parties involved in the IA already have the northwest clergy down at the station making a case for them. Both parties also have stated if they get more then a verbal reprimand they will do what they have to do.

Two words: Lakeland Ledger...time for someone to fill them in.

06-29-2008, 05:46 PM
the ledger won't touch this, they are liberal and they are afraid of the northwest.

Lonewolf1
06-29-2008, 07:32 PM
You better guess again.

1. This is news where two black ranking officers that are married to each other are about to get fired for what they have been doing. Especially after being put on the pedestal as the poster children of political correctness for the department.

2. The Ledger could care less about what the NW side thinks, they don't buy enough papers, or advertising to have any control over what they print or don't print. The white liberal media is an elitist group that only talks about being PC, but would never invite any person of color home for dinner except for a photo op.

3. The NW community never considered either one "black" enough for them to care a hoot about, they aint from there, and they don't live there.

It is news, plain and simple and darn good reading.

06-29-2008, 10:10 PM
lol....I'm with ya, but we will see. As far as not being black enough, I seem to recall an incident years ago in SID where he showed his true colors, trust me, when either needs to be black enough they can be.

Unfortunately, (or fortunately, pending on how you look at it) that is not the real issue here, (honesty is) but I'm sure it will be brought into play.

07-02-2008, 01:56 PM
St. Pete Times

07-06-2008, 08:11 PM
There is no way you can consider him a minority. HE chews tobacco and is more country than anyone down there.

07-08-2008, 12:38 PM
Regardles of what you consider him to be, when the time comes he will show his true colors. He will play the race card faster than you can imagine. Just wait for it.

07-10-2008, 02:30 AM
I am sure the NAACP is on standby for the two of them.. Watch may even see Al Sharpton come to town and try to stand up for them!

07-10-2008, 03:32 AM
I am sure the NAACP is on standby for the two of them.. Watch may even see Al Sharpton come to town and try to stand up for them!

Al Sharpton is under investigation for fraud by the IRS...sounds fitting.

07-10-2008, 05:03 AM
It must be then! Truly fitting for the cause..

07-11-2008, 01:39 AM
so Have they been fired yet?

Lonewolf1
07-15-2008, 10:38 PM
Ok, what's going on with this? Is COP Porkchop waiting on Obama to give them a Presidential pardon?

07-16-2008, 02:50 PM
Ouch...Lonewolf! Maybe COP is waiting for the pension stuff to settle so they can leave voluntarily under the new plan.. lol.

07-17-2008, 12:01 AM
Ouch...Lonewolf! Maybe COP is waiting for the pension stuff to settle so they can leave voluntarily under the new plan.. lol.

Maybe someone is hoping for a souvenier from Alaska!

07-18-2008, 03:43 AM
So??? How are these two fine Minorities still working?? Is The "Barge", oops I mean Boatner still sitting with his finger up his ass??

What is the status??

07-29-2008, 02:05 AM
So have they been fired yet? Have they resigned? or have they been promoted again?

08-16-2008, 12:39 AM
Its been 180 days. The investigation is now public record. When a communications Lt's investigation hit 180 days Jack Gillen voluntarily sent it to the Ledger. Do you think that will happen with these two? A decision still hasn't been made. This is the saddest definition of leadership I have ever seen. When you or I are investigated Gillen makes sure the media is notified, which is only natural since he works for them.

Lonewolf1
08-16-2008, 11:14 AM
Gillen is a weasel that will throw you under the bus in a New York minute for the sake of the administration and his own personal agenda. He is one of the biggest mistakes that Sam Baca made when he brought in this drunk reject in after he was kicked out of the Secret Service for being drunk all the time on presidential details. He went around telling everyone he was one of the Iran hostages back in the 80's. WRONG, he was a drunk in D.C.