PDA

View Full Version : B.U.I.

05-22-2008, 12:39 PM
I was wondering what it actually takes for someone to be arrested for B.U.I.? Are some officers a little more lenient or do most of you guys follow the same procedure?

05-22-2008, 01:48 PM
It takes;

1. Being under the influence (of alcohol/ drugs) to the point you are impaired,

2. Operating a Boat.

Without those 2 things, you can't "get" a BUI. As with any violation, all officers have descretion on what type of enforcement action they choose to take.

Why roll the dice with your life, that of your friends and loved ones or someone else?? Easiest way to avoid "getting" a BUI is to not consume alcohol AND operate a boat.

05-22-2008, 06:05 PM
Remember, on the waters of the state of Florida the only reason a cop needs to stop you is because he feels like it. It's not like a car where you have to swerve, or weeve, or cross some line.

Why risk the safety of you or your loved ones. Have a DD. There are too many people that don't seem to realize how little it takes to be impaired.

05-22-2008, 10:08 PM
Previous guest posted;

"Remember, on the waters of the state of Florida the only reason a cop needs to stop you is because he feels like it."

Close, but not quite... The only reason they need to stop you is to conduct a boating safety inspection.

05-23-2008, 04:01 PM
remember this also,you do not have to be a .08 to get convicted or arreated for B.U.I. drinking and being on the water and in the sun take a greater tole on your functions more so than being in a car. we all have stories of tragedy on the water do to drinking,but remember this you get in a accident on the hill and you have a chance of making it. the troopers or deputies can atleast find you and load you up into the meat wagon. we cant,if your floating , great.but almost all the time your not and we have to wait until your body fills up with gases from decomp and you float.just think about that

06-06-2008, 09:47 PM
I don't know why but it seems that everyone I come across thinks that it is required to drink and boat. I have seen pople drinking at 7:30am