PDA

View Full Version : TPD SWAT

05-21-2008, 08:36 PM
Question from a South FL LEO: According to FDLE's Web site, the Capitol Police's SOT was created: "to bridge the gap between the occurance of a critical incident and arrival of the Leon County Sheriff's Office SWAT Team" Wouldn't TPD SWAT be closer? I just thought it was odd that they would specifically mention LCSO instead of the city. Thanks guys and be safe-

07-09-2009, 01:23 PM
FDLE used to be the Sheriff's Bureau back in the day. It is a political, state agency. It is natural for them to give a nod to the LCSO on their site. In a real situation, the area would be flooded in seconds by TPD officers and within minutes with TPD TAC. That is the reality. TPD is the big dog within the city limits of Tallahassee. Ask any LEO or citizen in Tallahassee and they will tell you the same.

07-09-2009, 11:01 PM
FDLE used to be the Sheriff's Bureau back in the day. It is a political, state agency. It is natural for them to give a nod to the LCSO on their site. In a real situation, the area would be flooded in seconds by TPD officers and within minutes with TPD TAC. That is the reality. TPD is the big dog within the city limits of Tallahassee. Ask any LEO or citizen in Tallahassee and they will tell you the same.

Bog dogs?

PFFFFT! You really have a high opinion of yourself there sport. Try coming south to a real city and I'll show you big dog.

Bow-wow-woo-yippie-yo-yippie-yay!

07-10-2009, 02:29 AM
Aint the city that make the cop, pup. Sounds like you have a pretty high opinion of yourself. I'm gonna guess you are a very small fish in a very big pond. Stick your nose into your own forum or come to Tally and show us what little you got. :oops:

12-14-2009, 08:55 PM
It's LCSO SWAT that does everything at the capitol and FSU football games.

TPD Tac team is mainly a cheesy moustache brigade with some manly women.

LCSO has the choppers etc.....city doesn't get much right.

12-19-2009, 04:21 PM
Now now boys...play nice. LCSO SWAT and TPD TAC are both good Teams. I served with one and trained next to the other...good people on both sides and Leon County/Tallahassee is extremely fortunate to have both. They complement each other. The operators on each team know this and anyone commenting negatively on either is a stupid ignorant rookie.

06-29-2011, 04:40 AM
Now now boys...play nice. LCSO SWAT and TPD TAC are both good Teams. I served with one and trained next to the other...good people on both sides and Leon County/Tallahassee is extremely fortunate to have both. They complement each other. The operators on each team know this and anyone commenting negatively on either is a stupid ignorant rookie.

Watch your friendly fire!!!

06-03-2012, 01:13 AM

Watch your friendly fire!!!

You are a F******* A****** for saying that