PDA

View Full Version : Can't we just stop this!

05-21-2008, 05:04 AM
Can we stop postings on this site! Yeah okay FLPD sucks, we all know it. Its not going to get better, especially with this city and the ball less management we have. I have an idea, instead of *****ing and complaining about other officers, why don't we band together (patrol officers). Veterens take the rookies underneth your wings, god knows they need it. Stop bad mouthing other officers, and stick together. We are all brothers and sisters here, I know we got some screw ups, but what family doesnt have a black sheep. Let's stick together as patrolman, and support each other.

You know what sucks....I had to post this on this stupid and useless website to get everyones attention.

Band of Brothers........maybe FLPD needs to rent it.

Stay safe my friends

05-21-2008, 05:11 AM
I agree. There was even a mention of this site in the Sun-Sentinal which means a lot of people will read this site out of curiousity. Some things on here are very legitimate, however some of it looks like it was posted by a bipolar 12 year old. We will loose (all) community support with some of the garbage on here.

05-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Agree X2

05-21-2008, 09:33 PM
Bent Ober - I believe you meant to write "lose" all community support..... but this bipolar 12 year old didn't notice. Stay safe and have your supervisor double checks your reports.

05-21-2008, 09:37 PM
Darn.... I did it too. I meant to write, "have your supervisor double "check" your reports." I guess I am a 12 year old. You win - or at least it's a tie.

05-22-2008, 12:08 AM
I agree. There was even a mention of this site in the Sun-Sentinal which means a lot of people will read this site out of curiousity. Some things on here are very legitimate, however some of it looks like it was posted by a bipolar 12 year old. We will loose (all) community support with some of the garbage on here.

Are you so delusional that you think we have or ever had public support?
If that were so we wouldn't be in the mess we're in. They put these @ssholes into office, they didn't support us when we needed them, so screw them. They were ok with employees losing their jobs a few years ago, they only came out to rally for the horses. They were all fine with our working for free on our furlough days for a city most of us can't even afford to live in. Their elected officials hired the bottom candidate (is that a pun?) for City Manager, then set him to work dismantling the police department. You get what you pay for.

05-22-2008, 12:08 AM
I'm impressed. Several of you are starting to see the light! Focus on what you can control and support the people who can help you make changes when you can't do it yourself.

Believe it or not, your union is still fighting for your best interests. The future is not as bleak as it may seem now! Nothing good or bad lasts forever (although it may feel that way!)

Stay strong FLPD. You were great once and you will be giants again!

Justice will come down on the instigators and leaders who have tried to destroy you. . . . .then, the last laugh will be yours!

05-31-2008, 05:12 AM
If most of you now at FLPD want to make changes for the better, than my advice as an old timer is this:

Come into work and do your job. Forget about the internal and external crap and just come in and get your job done. Don't worry about who is or isn't doing their job or who's doing who etc....The city still offers those who want to have fun doing a great job that opportunity. Don't let the trash talkers and people who are just so negative bring you down to a lower level. Block them out, go out and have fun and leave every day safely knowing you did your best at making a difference every shift.

When all of you came aboard, it was for several reasons. Remember those? Work with your team mates, please yourself and your immediate supervisors and let the rest of the stuff fall into place. Shift pick is for finding your supervisors that you appreciate and can work for. It's also a chance to help those become better at being a boss. No one boss has all the answers and I certainly learned some things from people who used to work with me and for me, so for the sake of all of us who ware amazed at what we see in this forum, PLEASE STOP THE BULL.

If you get "stuck" working for unappreciative supervisors, rather than becoming a royal u know what, why not try your best at winning them over to get to know you. That's by good solid work, a good attitude and see what happens. If you can look yourself in the mirror and say you tried for the entire year etc and nothing changed, then move on.

A good number of you never even saw a 600 club member but let me say that I believe every one of you can make the changes needed to bring FLPD up a few notches. Those of you few 3 digit IBM's hopefully still want to make a difference at the PD level. Sure we all would love to make changes higher but let's be real here. The world you all should make the best possible is your shift and District. Your bosses to please and make them know you are a solid worker are your immediate bosses.

I BELIEVE PART OF THE PAST SUCCESS OF FLPD MAY HAVE BEEN SOMEWHAT BASED ON WHAT I HAVE SAID HERE. WORRY ABOUT YOUR SHIFT, ZONE PARTNERS AND MAKING YOU AND YOUR BOSS HAPPY OF WHAT YOU DO EVERY DAY AT WORK. LET YOUR BOSS GO TO BAT FOR YOU IF NEEDED AND WITHIN REASON.

IF ALL ELSE FAILS AT FLPD, NO ONE IS HOLDING ANY OF YOU HOSTAGE. SOME HAVE LEFT FOR GREENER PASTURES AND ARE QUITE HAPPY. IF YOU HAVE GIVEN UP AND CAN'T BE A POSITIVE DIFFERENCE MAKER, THAN GET OUT AND GO ELSEWHERE, IN THE SAME LINE OF WORK OR OTHER FIELD. WHY RISK GETTING HURT, SOMEONE ELSE GETTING HURT OR TRASHING OUR PROFESSION OR DEPT.

MY LAST PIECE OF ADVICE..FOR THOSE UNHAPPY WITH THE MANAGEMENT: YOU CAN HELP CHANGE THAT FEELING BUT DOING YOUR BEST TO GET PROMOTED. WORK HARD AT IT, DO A GREAT JOB AND MAYBE YOU'LL SEE THOSE STRIPES AND BARS LATER ON. THINGS DO CHANGE WHEN YOU GET PROMOTED BUT REMEMBER THAT IT'S A MORE DELICATE BALANCE WHEN YOU'RE A SUPERVISOR. THE BOSS CAN'T ALWAYS RULE IN YOUR FAVOR, BUT IF YOU HAVE TO GET PUNISHED, TAKE IT LIKE AN ADULT AND COME BACK TO WORK DEDICATED TO NOT REPEATING THAT MISTAKE AGAIN. I GOT SPANKED A FEW TIMES IN MY 28 YEARS THERE AND SHOOK THEM OFF TO COME BACK AND HAVE A GOOD TIME WORKING WITH MANY OF MY FRIENDS. THE MEMORIES WILL LAST A LIFETIME, GOOD OR BAD BUT I CERTAINLY TRIED TO KEEP THE BAD ONES A A MINIMUM....... YOU ALL SHOULD DO THE SAME...

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU AND I'M JUST A LITTLE NW IF YOU ARE READY TO WORK IN HEAVEN!!!!!

05-31-2008, 02:17 PM
If most of you now at FLPD want to make changes for the better, than my advice as an old timer is this:

Come into work and do your job. Forget about the internal and external crap and just come in and get your job done. Don't worry about who is or isn't doing their job or who's doing who etc....The city still offers those who want to have fun doing a great job that opportunity. Don't let the trash talkers and people who are just so negative bring you down to a lower level. Block them out, go out and have fun and leave every day safely knowing you did your best at making a difference every shift.

When all of you came aboard, it was for several reasons. Remember those? Work with your team mates, please yourself and your immediate supervisors and let the rest of the stuff fall into place. Shift pick is for finding your supervisors that you appreciate and can work for. It's also a chance to help those become better at being a boss. No one boss has all the answers and I certainly learned some things from people who used to work with me and for me, so for the sake of all of us who ware amazed at what we see in this forum, PLEASE STOP THE BULL.

If you get "stuck" working for unappreciative supervisors, rather than becoming a royal u know what, why not try your best at winning them over to get to know you. That's by good solid work, a good attitude and see what happens. If you can look yourself in the mirror and say you tried for the entire year etc and nothing changed, then move on.

A good number of you never even saw a 600 club member but let me say that I believe every one of you can make the changes needed to bring FLPD up a few notches. Those of you few 3 digit IBM's hopefully still want to make a difference at the PD level. Sure we all would love to make changes higher but let's be real here. The world you all should make the best possible is your shift and District. Your bosses to please and make them know you are a solid worker are your immediate bosses.

I BELIEVE PART OF THE PAST SUCCESS OF FLPD MAY HAVE BEEN SOMEWHAT BASED ON WHAT I HAVE SAID HERE. WORRY ABOUT YOUR SHIFT, ZONE PARTNERS AND MAKING YOU AND YOUR BOSS HAPPY OF WHAT YOU DO EVERY DAY AT WORK. LET YOUR BOSS GO TO BAT FOR YOU IF NEEDED AND WITHIN REASON.

IF ALL ELSE FAILS AT FLPD, NO ONE IS HOLDING ANY OF YOU HOSTAGE. SOME HAVE LEFT FOR GREENER PASTURES AND ARE QUITE HAPPY. IF YOU HAVE GIVEN UP AND CAN'T BE A POSITIVE DIFFERENCE MAKER, THAN GET OUT AND GO ELSEWHERE, IN THE SAME LINE OF WORK OR OTHER FIELD. WHY RISK GETTING HURT, SOMEONE ELSE GETTING HURT OR TRASHING OUR PROFESSION OR DEPT.

MY LAST PIECE OF ADVICE..FOR THOSE UNHAPPY WITH THE MANAGEMENT: YOU CAN HELP CHANGE THAT FEELING BUT DOING YOUR BEST TO GET PROMOTED. WORK HARD AT IT, DO A GREAT JOB AND MAYBE YOU'LL SEE THOSE STRIPES AND BARS LATER ON. THINGS DO CHANGE WHEN YOU GET PROMOTED BUT REMEMBER THAT IT'S A MORE DELICATE BALANCE WHEN YOU'RE A SUPERVISOR. THE BOSS CAN'T ALWAYS RULE IN YOUR FAVOR, BUT IF YOU HAVE TO GET PUNISHED, TAKE IT LIKE AN ADULT AND COME BACK TO WORK DEDICATED TO NOT REPEATING THAT MISTAKE AGAIN. I GOT SPANKED A FEW TIMES IN MY 28 YEARS THERE AND SHOOK THEM OFF TO COME BACK AND HAVE A GOOD TIME WORKING WITH MANY OF MY FRIENDS. THE MEMORIES WILL LAST A LIFETIME, GOOD OR BAD BUT I CERTAINLY TRIED TO KEEP THE BAD ONES A A MINIMUM....... YOU ALL SHOULD DO THE SAME...

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU AND I'M JUST A LITTLE NW IF YOU ARE READY TO WORK IN HEAVEN!!!!!

Please, yet another version of "suck it up and do as you're told"? We have been pissed on for the last time, this is not settled, this is not past, this is not going away. We will not cooperate; we will see that none of our brothers are hurt and we will do our best with our limited resources and manpower to be sure no citizens are hurt. But we will not continue to jump through hoops as though everything is fine. We will not keep our heads down and ignore the chaos around us. This is not the end of the fight, this is the beginning. If it brings down the PD so be it, we will not bow our backs and march on. No one cares about your outdated comments, I have been here 20+ years myself and it has never been as bad as it is now. No one wants to hear your suggestions for a situation you aren't experiencing. It is gonna get much worse before it gets better, it may not get better, but we are in it for the fight now. They wanted it, they got it.

05-31-2008, 06:22 PM
Hey 694 go wash your car or your cow but shut up. You dont have a clue!!!

05-31-2008, 08:14 PM
Wow. Similiar to the abused dog. Kick it, beat it, scream at it, the dog keeps returning. The troops @ FLPD need to stop the cycle. The Mayor has always hated us. Carlton Moore, same. I left as a Sgt to go to another department. Why, because I could not attend meetings with Hebert and and listen to his belittling everyone. He let it be known he was "King". Gretsas sense of being untouchable and effectively the architecht of destroying the Department was incerdible. Several supervisors go to battle on a regular basis to be suffer abused dog syndrome. Jack was right, the light at the end of the tunnel may another train. Need to look hard at the options. Cheif FA has a tough and nearly impossible task ahead of him. Similiar to the crack heads, the citizenry needs to hit rock hard bottom before they see they have lost it all and then, maybe...maybe, they can turn things around. I strongly have doubts. Like Hebert stated in a meeting " The citizens could care less, if they call 911 and a police car appears, that's all that matters. We can do more with less".

06-01-2008, 04:40 AM

Thanks for the advice. It's just to bad that the people on here are too self involved to take it.

06-01-2008, 03:56 PM
[quote="LIMA 694":31kcxp7d]If most of you now at FLPD want to make changes for the better, than my advice as an old timer is this:

Thanks for the advice. It's just to bad that the people on here are too self involved to take it.[/quote:31kcxp7d]

Hey idiot! We are involved. In case you haven't noticed, we have a City Administration that has sworn to force us to our knees, and he's taken steps to do it. Self involved? You bet. I'm involved in my and my family's financial survival. You aren't? Perhaps you're comfortable with Gretsas' Di@k up your ass, but the rest of us aren't.

06-01-2008, 07:13 PM
[quote="LIMA 694":1j9guihg]If most of you now at FLPD want to make changes for the better, than my advice as an old timer is this:

Thanks for the advice. It's just to bad that the people on here are too self involved to take it.

Hey idiot! We are involved. In case you haven't noticed, we have a City Administration that has sworn to force us to our knees, and he's taken steps to do it. Self involved? You bet. I'm involved in my and my family's financial survival. You aren't? Perhaps you're comfortable with Gretsas' Di@k up your ass, but the rest of us aren't.[/quote:1j9guihg]

You totally missed the point but helped to prove it at the same time. Amazing. How about worrying about the things you can control instead of *****ing about the things you can't? Yes, this is a miserable place to come to everyday, but it doesn't have to make us a bunch of chronic *****ers.

We can control how we treat our fellow officers and not tear each other to shreds every chance we get. I guess people like you would rather let the administration control every aspect of your life. They may be able to control the pay but they don't control your attitude. It's ludicrous that we let city hall effect they way we treat each other.

Say safe.

06-01-2008, 07:15 PM
[quote="LIMA 694":2uoi9aiw]If most of you now at FLPD want to make changes for the better, than my advice as an old timer is this:

Hey idiot! We are involved. In case you haven't noticed, we have a City Administration that has sworn to force us to our knees, and he's taken steps to do it. Self involved? You bet. I'm involved in my and my family's financial survival. You aren't? Perhaps you're comfortable with Gretsas' Di@k up your ass, but the rest of us aren't.[/quote:2uoi9aiw]

You totally missed the point but helped to prove it at the same time. Amazing. How about worrying about the things you can control instead of *****ing about the things you can't? Yes, this is a miserable place to come to everyday, but it doesn't have to make us a bunch of chronic *****ers.

We can control how we treat our fellow officers and not tear each other to shreds every chance we get. I guess people like you would rather let the administration control every aspect of your life. They may be able to control the pay but they don't control your attitude. It's ludicrous that we let city hall effect they way we treat each other.

Say safe.

06-01-2008, 07:15 PM
[quote="LIMA 694":2g9bbg2e]If most of you now at FLPD want to make changes for the better, than my advice as an old timer is this:

Hey idiot! We are involved. In case you haven't noticed, we have a City Administration that has sworn to force us to our knees, and he's taken steps to do it. Self involved? You bet. I'm involved in my and my family's financial survival. You aren't? Perhaps you're comfortable with Gretsas' Di@k up your ass, but the rest of us aren't.[/quote:2g9bbg2e]

Say safe.

06-01-2008, 08:07 PM
[quote="Anon-o-moose":ih6p7ixx][quote="LIMA 694":ih6p7ixx]If most of you now at FLPD want to make changes for the better, than my advice as an old timer is this:

Hey idiot! We are involved. In case you haven't noticed, we have a City Administration that has sworn to force us to our knees, and he's taken steps to do it. Self involved? You bet. I'm involved in my and my family's financial survival. You aren't? Perhaps you're comfortable with Gretsas' Di@k up your ass, but the rest of us aren't.[/quote:ih6p7ixx]

Say safe.[/quote:ih6p7ixx]

So what is actually being said:

"Come into work and do your job. Forget about the internal and external crap and just come in and get your job done."
that means: business as usual, don't pay any attention to the stream of piss raining on your head.

"The city still offers those who want to have fun doing a great job that opportunity. "
Do you work somewhere we don't? Great job? Fun opportunity? Areas that were staffed with 22 guys staffed with 8? discipline at the drop of a hat?

"Don't let the trash talkers and people who are just so negative bring you down to a lower level. Block them out, go out and have fun"
that means: Do your job and don't listen to Union propaganda. And don't fight back.

"please yourself and your immediate supervisors"
that means: If your immediate supervisors aren't on the same page then they are self serving scabs.

"all of us who ware amazed at what we see in this forum, PLEASE STOP THE BULL."
that means: Don't air our dirty laundry in public, it might actually get attention.

"If you can look yourself in the mirror and say you tried for the entire year etc and nothing changed, then move on."
let them drive you away, rookies are cheaper.

We have all tried, for over a year, and the changes have been for the worse.

WORRY ABOUT YOUR SHIFT, ZONE PARTNERS .
Ok I agree with that one.

WHY RISK TRASHING OUR PROFESSION OR DEPT.
Its already in the dumpster, haven't you paid attention?

DOING YOUR BEST TO GET PROMOTED. WORK HARD AT IT, DO A GREAT JOB AND MAYBE YOU'LL SEE THOSE STRIPES AND BARS LATER ON
Hebert decides all promotions so get on your knees.

Anon-o-moose you agree with this guy who isn't walking in our shoes. The time for compliance is over. It is time to fight. Don't volunteer, do everything to the letter of policy and procedure, be sure we are safe, and do not give anything for nothing. Total non compliance. Anyone who is not with us is against us. We are walking in a sinking ship, deck shifting, manned by rats and vermin. We have been betrayed from the top, and people like you want us to suck it up and go on as usual. I say sink this ship. Let them find out what they've done; Ideally, we should stop volunteering for OT, let them order it. Refuse to be acting Sgt. Finish your call before going into service. Dangerous calls require two or more units, and don't clear until the call is done and all are safe. Don't stretch the rules to please your supervisor (ex: hook up the bum because the city manager doesn't like him there. If he hasn't commited a crime leave him) Those dope boys on bikes, do you really have PC to stop them an go through their pockets? Stop being a tool for this administration which despises you! You suck ups prostitute yourselves in the hope of being tossed crumbs! Ask Bobby Carter how that worked out.

06-01-2008, 08:35 PM
Being a police officer, I fully understand that any government agency is run grossly ineffecient, solely because of the top-bottom management and the fact that its non-profit (although in this case, you have to wonder who is skimming off the surplus). I would be the first to say no to an outside inquiry into how things are run at FLPD. But, its gotten worse than I ever thought it would. The manpower issue is an officer safety issue......forget providing service to the citizens, where the hell is your 10-94? At some point, doesn't FDLE mandate a certain number of officers per the population? Also, if a department receives federal money, aren't there some sort of guidelines it has to follow in regards to this? Furthermore, how many S/41 are reclassified to S/14's? Just because the victim declines prosecution doesn't mean its not a 41, 21, 31 AGG....whatever it is. This kind of thing that is normal at FLPD puts a terrible spin on the crime rates for the city. There has to be an independent investigating entity that looks into this stuff. Anyway, thats just an idea. I feel for you guys.

06-01-2008, 11:40 PM
So what is actually being said:

"Come into work and do your job. Forget about the internal and external crap and just come in and get your job done."
that means: business as usual, don't pay any attention to the stream of piss raining on your head.

"The city still offers those who want to have fun doing a great job that opportunity. "
Do you work somewhere we don't? Great job? Fun opportunity? Areas that were staffed with 22 guys staffed with 8? discipline at the drop of a hat?

"Don't let the trash talkers and people who are just so negative bring you down to a lower level. Block them out, go out and have fun"
that means: Do your job and don't listen to Union propaganda. And don't fight back.

"please yourself and your immediate supervisors"
that means: If your immediate supervisors aren't on the same page then they are self serving scabs.

"all of us who ware amazed at what we see in this forum, PLEASE STOP THE BULL."
that means: Don't air our dirty laundry in public, it might actually get attention.

"If you can look yourself in the mirror and say you tried for the entire year etc and nothing changed, then move on."
let them drive you away, rookies are cheaper.

We have all tried, for over a year, and the changes have been for the worse.

WORRY ABOUT YOUR SHIFT, ZONE PARTNERS .
Ok I agree with that one.

WHY RISK TRASHING OUR PROFESSION OR DEPT.
Its already in the dumpster, haven't you paid attention?

DOING YOUR BEST TO GET PROMOTED. WORK HARD AT IT, DO A GREAT JOB AND MAYBE YOU'LL SEE THOSE STRIPES AND BARS LATER ON
Hebert decides all promotions so get on your knees.

Anon-o-moose you agree with this guy who isn't walking in our shoes. The time for compliance is over. It is time to fight. Don't volunteer, do everything to the letter of policy and procedure, be sure we are safe, and do not give anything for nothing. Total non compliance. Anyone who is not with us is against us. We are walking in a sinking ship, deck shifting, manned by rats and vermin. We have been betrayed from the top, and people like you want us to suck it up and go on as usual. I say sink this ship. Let them find out what they've done; Ideally, we should stop volunteering for OT, let them order it. Refuse to be acting Sgt. Finish your call before going into service. Dangerous calls require two or more units, and don't clear until the call is done and all are safe. Don't stretch the rules to please your supervisor (ex: hook up the bum because the city manager doesn't like him there. If he hasn't commited a crime leave him) Those dope boys on bikes, do you really have PC to stop them an go through their pockets? Stop being a tool for this administration which despises you! You suck ups prostitute yourselves in the hope of being tossed crumbs! Ask Bobby Carter how that worked out.

Last I checked we were "working safely," which encompasses pretty much everything that you said except for the OT. As for your OT comments, well you addressed that before when you said you have to do what is best for your family's financial survival.

You're right that 694 has been away from FLPD for a bit and now works in shangrala, but alot of his comments are still applicable.

Some of yours are applicable but also short sided and clouded by emotion. I felt the same way you did for awhile and used to post angrily on this site. You know what it changed? Nothing. It just made me a miserable person. I refuse to be that way anymore.

As far as this current regime controlling promotions, that is going to be short lived. If you think that these morons are going to be here forever then you're a bigger idiot that you think I am.

Go enjoy your time off and quit hitting the refresh button on your computer or let the bitterness eat you from the inside out. Do whatever makes you happy or more miserable, your choice.

Say safe.

06-02-2008, 01:32 AM
My brothers,

You have every right to be angry and frustrated! You should, however, take a step back and BREATHE before you allow your venom to stress you to death. LIMA 694 was with FLPD before there was a union! I was a rookie then and learned a lot from 694. He got beat up by everyone from the Chief on down but kept his head up high! My brother (SL-694) DID PAY HIS DUES and he saw it right along with the rest of us just as bad as you and I are now feeling it.

Please look at his message carefully again! He is not trying to tell you to "fuugettaboutit". He's trying to teach you youngsters to deal with it more effectively so you don't kill yourselves with the stress and you can at least go home with a level of job satisfaction. It does still feel good to put an A**hole burglar in jail for at least one night! A lot has been accomplished and suffered LONG before most of you ever came on the job. I said it on May 21st, and I'm saying it again: This agency was GREAT once, and it will be GREAT once again! The only way that is going to happen is through you and your efforts.

It's not just foolish idealism. I'm also reminding you the masters were going to "GET THEIRS" and this is coming true. Focus on your safety AND continuing to do a good job! You will live longer and you will see an improvement. I'm ready for the bashing to begin but that doesn't change what has been said and what it's gonna take to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Ride the storm, the sun is coming--You will see! Evil does not last forever and your revenge will be sweet. Just don't hurt yourselves in the process by doing the wrong thing!

06-03-2008, 12:23 PM
Being a police officer, I fully understand that any government agency is run grossly ineffecient, solely because of the top-bottom management and the fact that its non-profit (although in this case, you have to wonder who is skimming off the surplus). I would be the first to say no to an outside inquiry into how things are run at FLPD. But, its gotten worse than I ever thought it would. The manpower issue is an officer safety issue......forget providing service to the citizens, where the hell is your 10-94? At some point, doesn't FDLE mandate a certain number of officers per the population? Also, if a department receives federal money, aren't there some sort of guidelines it has to follow in regards to this? Furthermore, how many S/41 are reclassified to S/14's? Just because the victim declines prosecution doesn't mean its not a 41, 21, 31 AGG....whatever it is. This kind of thing that is normal at FLPD puts a terrible spin on the crime rates for the city. There has to be an independent investigating entity that looks into this stuff. Anyway, thats just an idea. I feel for you guys.

They don't do reclassification anymore, you must make it the crime and send it up regardless.

06-03-2008, 01:32 PM
Thats how it should've been all along.....maybe someone would have gotten the hint that 440+, or whatever the number is.....is just flat out terrible.

06-06-2008, 03:35 PM
Ask yourself a question, why does the public view agencies like the FBI, DEA, Secret Service and most state law enforcement agencies as more professional than FLPD or other local departments? It is not because they do better work, because I have seen first hand that is frequently not the case. They are seen as more professional because they generally work as a team, do not air their dirty laundry for everyone to see and complain quietly among themselves.

Writing a paragraph with multiple profane remarks does not leave a professional image with the public. To beat city hall you need public support and you will never get that with writings I have seen posted on this blog.

If you want to beat city hall, show the public you will perform your duties everyday with professionalsim, you will disagree with city hall professionally and you will work for improvements at FLPD professionally. You are doing yourself considerable harm, as an individual and as a group, with the type of remarks many of you are writing. Finally, there is no shame in going someplace else to work and it may make your life more enjoyable.

06-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Spoken like a true company boy or top guy at city hall. Now listen up you little jerk, we are policemen, not special agents, deputies, or anything else. That means we are city cops, we drink, we smoke, and we use profanity and we enforce the laws of Florida with extreme prejudice and when warranted, with brutality. Our nerves are steel and our drive is unstopable that is why we are policemen. Never and I mean never try to bait any of us who wear a shield into thinking we are below the masses of society because of our behavior, we are above all and should be honored as such regardless of our behavior. We hunt down animals and sometimes have to become animalistic. We take bad guys to jail and sometimes have to do bad things to make sure they go to jail. We get our hands dirty so the citizen sheep don't have to. We protect the weak from the strong, the good from the evil.

Make no mistake about it we are prejudice towards those who do wrong and prey on the good, we will punish those in the street no matter what mans laws say, we will always enforce Gods laws first. Most people can't live with these responsibilities. For those who can't they stay away from police work or do become Special Agents or State Law Enforcement. For those in the know, there is nothing more prestegeous than to be a respected POLICEMEN. That name "POLICEMEN", is reserved not for FBI, DEA, ATF, Troopers, Sheriffs Deputies, or anyone else except Policemen, wear that title with honor.We are a special breed don't ever try to change us, for we are policemen.

Ask yourself a question, why does the public view agencies like the FBI, DEA, Secret Service and most state law enforcement agencies as more professional than FLPD or other local departments? It is not because they do better work, because I have seen first hand that is frequently not the case. They are seen as more professional because they generally work as a team, do not air their dirty laundry for everyone to see and complain quietly among themselves.

Writing a paragraph with multiple profane remarks does not leave a professional image with the public. To beat city hall you need public support and you will never get that with writings I have seen posted on this blog.

If you want to beat city hall, show the public you will perform your duties everyday with professionalsim, you will disagree with city hall professionally and you will work for improvements at FLPD professionally. You are doing yourself considerable harm, as an individual and as a group, with the type of remarks many of you are writing. Finally, there is no shame in going someplace else to work and it may make your life more enjoyable.

06-08-2008, 07:18 PM
As someone with more than 20 years of law enforcement experience, more than half at FLPD, I have serious doubts the "guest" who replied to my note is a police officer. As for myself I never achieved any rank and was about as far from a "company man for the city" as you can get. Throughout my years of experience I have seen both highly professional police officers and those who were there for a paycheck only, but I never experienced a police officer that would respond as "guest" did. I expect the response is from someone who only wants to spread hate and a desire to destroy FLPD. My desire in posting my comments were intended to only provide suggestions I felt would help. It was my fault in trying to help, when no help was requested.

06-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Some special agents aren't all that bad :wink:

06-08-2008, 08:42 PM
Seriously, can you please strap a pair on or go and check out a Cushman and start working for parking enforcement, who ever the poster "guest" is he is right on the money, I agree 100%, you are the "kinder gentler" breed that has sneaked it's way into police work. Police work must be professional and it must also be violent and brutal at times, more often than not. Real policemen in real cities, like ours are emersed in the communities septic tank and to survive you better be harder, stronger and tougher than anyone in that tank. Not all cops are, those who are not (like you) rely on you education and tools or maybe don't roll the dice on the street until you odds are overwhelmingly stacked in your favor.

Thats ok but there is another type of cop out there, you know them at out dept. They are the type you want backing you up when the crap hits the fan. They are the ones that wont hesitate in a gray moment to smash someones skull in with their streamlight and worry about the fallout later. They are the ones who turn a gray area call into black or white with the stroke of their pen. They are the ones who raise their hands on the stand and deliver their version of the facts. This type of police work is not for everyone but it is a necessary element to keep the balance of power on our side. Those who don't subscribe to this form of police work are still great cops and should be respected, but those who have maintained the old school traditions should also be respected and revered. I understand what the poster ment, and I agree there are huge differences between Special Agents and Policemen. They are like comparing apples to oranges. Both do important, special jobs. But if I have to put my life on the line I will take a salty old school policeman over anyone else to back me up everytime.

As someone with more than 20 years of law enforcement experience, more than half at FLPD, I have serious doubts the "guest" who replied to my note is a police officer. As for myself I never achieved any rank and was about as far from a "company man for the city" as you can get. Throughout my years of experience I have seen both highly professional police officers and those who were there for a paycheck only, but I never experienced a police officer that would respond as "guest" did. I expect the response is from someone who only wants to spread hate and a desire to destroy FLPD. My desire in posting my comments were intended to only provide suggestions I felt would help. It was my fault in trying to help, when no help was requested.

06-24-2008, 06:26 AM
My brothers,

You have every right to be angry and frustrated! You should, however, take a step back and BREATHE before you allow your venom to stress you to death. LIMA 694 was with FLPD before there was a union! I was a rookie then and learned a lot from 694. He got beat up by everyone from the Chief on down but kept his head up high! My brother (SL-694) DID PAY HIS DUES and he saw it right along with the rest of us just as bad as you and I are now feeling it.

Please look at his message carefully again! He is not trying to tell you to "fuugettaboutit". He's trying to teach you youngsters to deal with it more effectively so you don't kill yourselves with the stress and you can at least go home with a level of job satisfaction. It does still feel good to put an A**hole burglar in jail for at least one night! A lot has been accomplished and suffered LONG before most of you ever came on the job. I said it on May 21st, and I'm saying it again: This agency was GREAT once, and it will be GREAT once again! The only way that is going to happen is through you and your efforts.

It's not just foolish idealism. I'm also reminding you the masters were going to "GET THEIRS" and this is coming true. Focus on your safety AND continuing to do a good job! You will live longer and you will see an improvement. I'm ready for the bashing to begin but that doesn't change what has been said and what it's gonna take to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Ride the storm, the sun is coming--You will see! Evil does not last forever and your revenge will be sweet. Just don't hurt yourselves in the process by doing the wrong thing!

THANKS LTO FOR YOUR COMMENTS AND THE ABILITY TO SEE THE MESSAGE INSTEAD OF SOME PRIOR POSTERS WHO HAD LOTS OF ANGER IN THEIR COMMENTS. SO I LEFT IN 04 AND LIKE YOU SAID I LIKE MANY BEFORE THOSE NEW POSTERS HAD EXPERIENCED LOTS OF THINGS WITH FLPD.

FROM THE FEW WHO HAD NEGATIVE COMMENTS YOU'RE RIGHT ON. WITH THE STRESS LEVEL, THEY'LL BE MORE LIKELY TO GET FIRED, QUIT OR HEART ATTACK OUT BEFORE THEY SEE THEIR PENSION. I'D HATE TO THINK THAT YOUR NEWEST HIRES WITH 1600 IBM'S ARE WALKING AROUND WITH THE HATE MENTALITY. THE "FIGHT"WORD, OH YEAH GREAT. SO PUNISH THE CITY RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS PEOPLE FOR THE FIGHT AGAINST CITY HALL. AS I SAID OF ITS THAT BAD THAT THEY CAN'T TOLERATE BEING THERE, THEN LEAVE AND FIND A SHANGRA-LA. STAYING WITH HATE MAKES IT DIFFICULT TO STAY SAFE AND FOCUSED AND MAYBE THAT ALSO MAKES IT TOUGHER FOR YOUR 10-94 IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE JOB.

SEEMS THAT SOME FEEL THEY ARE GOING TO CHANGE THINGS QUICKLY..SORRY FROM 76-04 USUALLY IT WENT SLOWLY. IF YOUR COMMITTED TO A CAREER AT FLPD, RATHER THAN SCREW IT UP AND TARNISH THE JOB, THE PROFESSION AND YOURSELF, TRY SMALL GOALS FIRST AS I SAID BEFORE. ONE STEP AT A TIME FOR YOUR SANITY AND THAT OF THE CREW YOU WORK WITH......

WELL I BETTER GO WASH MY CAR AND COW AS ONE POSTER SAID..SORRY HE HAS NO REAL CLUE AT ALL....POOR GUY, I FEEL FOR YOU. CAN I CHECK BACK WITH YOU IN 15 MORE TO SEE YOU STILL HAVE THE SAME POOR ATTITUDE???

06-24-2008, 07:27 AM
I remember you in operations. You sat on unoccupied Sig 10's and hadexcellant memory recall for 10 plates which is admirable. You got promoted which is also admisrable. You certainly were not a union supporter and other than the aforementioned things, didn't do a whole lot else. Spare the working cops in operations the " just be a good troop and life will be wonderfull " speech. It doesn't hold water.

06-24-2008, 09:03 PM
I remember you in operations. You sat on unoccupied Sig 10's and hadexcellant memory recall for 10 plates which is admirable. You got promoted which is also admisrable. You certainly were not a union supporter and other than the aforementioned things, didn't do a whole lot else. Spare the working cops in operations the " just be a good troop and life will be wonderfull " speech. It doesn't hold water.

SINCE YOU SEEM TO HAVE MY CAREER OF 28 YEARS NAILED DOWN, ESPECIALLY NOT BEING A UNION SUPPORTER, THEN PLEASE EDUCATE ME OH WISE ONE ON WHAT IS AN FLPD UNION SUPPORTER.

I THOUGHT PAYING YOUR DUES, NOT GETTING INTO THE JACKPOT WHERE YOU NEEDED UNION REPRESENTATION AND GOING TO FOP MEETS AND ASKING QUESTIONS WERE QUALIFICATIONS OF A UNION SUPPORTER...BUT APPARENTLY YOU HAVE OTHER IDEAS, SO PLEASE SHARE THEM.

AS TO YOUR FEELINGS ABOUT YOUR JOB AT FLPD, IF YOU'RE THAT MISERABLE, WHY NOT LEAVE? WHY CAN'T YOU JUST PICK UP AND GET HIRED ELSEWHERE? WHAT DOES "HOLD WATER " NOW WITH THE RANK AND FILE OF FLPD? IS IT THE RHETORIC THAT THE PUBLIC READS FROM TIME TO TIME ABOUT THE RULE, NOT DOING MORE THAN YOU HAVE TO ETC..OR IS IT COME TO WORK, DO THE BEST YOU CAN WITH WHAT YOU HAVE TO WORK WITH AND KEEP DOING IT UNTIL WHAT? I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT THOSE WHO CAME BACK TO MY POST WITH BULL WOULD REALIZE I'M NOT THE ENEMY, JUST A RETIRED FLPD MEMBER FROM 2004 WHO ISN'T OUT OF TOUCH OR WITHOUT A CLUE. I'M STILL WORKING IN ANOTHER CITY AND BOTH SIDES AT MY CURRENT JOB WORK WELL TOGETHER. NOTHING'S PERFECT ANYWHERE, BUT IF YOU CAN'T COME IN AND WORK WITH YOUR PARTNERS AND DO THE BEST YOU CAN EVERY DAY, THEN WHY DO YOU COME BACK FOR MORE? WHILE YOU'RE 10-8, RATHER THAN FEEL THE HATE AND DISGUST THAT GETS YOU FIRED UP AND MAYBE SIDETRACKED IN THOUGHTS AND TACTICS, WHY NOT PUT THEM ASIDE, CONCENTRATE ON YOUR CALLS AND PARTNERS AND GO HOME SAFE EVERY NIGHT. THAN AFTER WORK, DO WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO TO FEEL BETTER ABOUT WORK UNTIL MAYBE YOUR REALIZE WORKING THERE ISN'T WORTH IT ANYMORE.

MAYBE I'M THE ONLY RETIRED GUY WHO SHAKES HIS HEAD AT THE BULL I SEE POSTED HERE AS TO THE JOB, BUT I DOUBT IT. THE CHEAP SHOTS AS TO CURRENT BOSSES ETC. I'LL BE HAPPY TO HEAR WHAT YOU INTEND TO DO TO MAKE IT BETTER. TALK IS CHEAP, ACTION IS BETTER.

AND MAY I SUGGEST SOME GINKO FOR YOUR MEMORY AS YOU CERTAINLY DO NOT HAVE MY CAREER NAILED DOWN THERE GUEST. MAYBE WITH YOUR COMEBACK AND IBM, I'LL REMEMBER YOU TOO.

06-25-2008, 12:51 AM

SINCE YOU SEEM TO HAVE MY CAREER OF 28 YEARS NAILED DOWN, ESPECIALLY NOT BEING A UNION SUPPORTER, THEN PLEASE EDUCATE ME OH WISE ONE ON WHAT IS AN FLPD UNION SUPPORTER.

I THOUGHT PAYING YOUR DUES, NOT GETTING INTO THE JACKPOT WHERE YOU NEEDED UNION REPRESENTATION AND GOING TO FOP MEETS AND ASKING QUESTIONS WERE QUALIFICATIONS OF A UNION SUPPORTER...BUT APPARENTLY YOU HAVE OTHER IDEAS, SO PLEASE SHARE THEM.

AS TO YOUR FEELINGS ABOUT YOUR JOB AT FLPD, IF YOU'RE THAT MISERABLE, WHY NOT LEAVE? WHY CAN'T YOU JUST PICK UP AND GET HIRED ELSEWHERE? WHAT DOES "HOLD WATER " NOW WITH THE RANK AND FILE OF FLPD? IS IT THE RHETORIC THAT THE PUBLIC READS FROM TIME TO TIME ABOUT THE RULE, NOT DOING MORE THAN YOU HAVE TO ETC..OR IS IT COME TO WORK, DO THE BEST YOU CAN WITH WHAT YOU HAVE TO WORK WITH AND KEEP DOING IT UNTIL WHAT? I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT THOSE WHO CAME BACK TO MY POST WITH BULL WOULD REALIZE I'M NOT THE ENEMY, JUST A RETIRED FLPD MEMBER FROM 2004 WHO ISN'T OUT OF TOUCH OR WITHOUT A CLUE. I'M STILL WORKING IN ANOTHER CITY AND BOTH SIDES AT MY CURRENT JOB WORK WELL TOGETHER. NOTHING'S PERFECT ANYWHERE, BUT IF YOU CAN'T COME IN AND WORK WITH YOUR PARTNERS AND DO THE BEST YOU CAN EVERY DAY, THEN WHY DO YOU COME BACK FOR MORE? WHILE YOU'RE 10-8, RATHER THAN FEEL THE HATE AND DISGUST THAT GETS YOU FIRED UP AND MAYBE SIDETRACKED IN THOUGHTS AND TACTICS, WHY NOT PUT THEM ASIDE, CONCENTRATE ON YOUR CALLS AND PARTNERS AND GO HOME SAFE EVERY NIGHT. THAN AFTER WORK, DO WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO TO FEEL BETTER ABOUT WORK UNTIL MAYBE YOUR REALIZE WORKING THERE ISN'T WORTH IT ANYMORE.

MAYBE I'M THE ONLY RETIRED GUY WHO SHAKES HIS HEAD AT THE BULL I SEE POSTED HERE AS TO THE JOB, BUT I DOUBT IT. THE CHEAP SHOTS AS TO CURRENT BOSSES ETC. I'LL BE HAPPY TO HEAR WHAT YOU INTEND TO DO TO MAKE IT BETTER. TALK IS CHEAP, ACTION IS BETTER.

AND MAY I SUGGEST SOME GINKO FOR YOUR MEMORY AS YOU CERTAINLY DO NOT HAVE MY CAREER NAILED DOWN THERE GUEST. MAYBE WITH YOUR COMEBACK AND IBM, I'LL REMEMBER YOU TOO.

Na, what you're saying is crazy talk. What does "hold water" is pissing, *****ing and moaning about everything all the time. Don't forget being generally miserable and belittling fellow officers every chance you get. There are those that thrive on constant misery, without it they would cease to exist. Being positive in negative times is just too much work. I mean come on, if your miserable and disgruntled it gives you a reason not to work, or it just masks the real reason, which is laziness.

Keep in mind you don't have to be miserable and disgruntled to be lazy. You can just be lazy. I'd rather work with a bunch of up beat lazy people than a bunch of miserable, lazy, disgruntled f*cks.

Knibb High Football RULES!!!!!!!

06-27-2008, 02:22 PM
this is so stupid

06-27-2008, 07:43 PM
This is great entertainment

06-27-2008, 09:11 PM
And these people supposedly protect the City Of Ft Lauderdale.

06-28-2008, 07:37 PM
Agreed, this is great entertainment. Some of the Jay Smith comments are classic and coming up on 12 pages.!!! I agree with everything on this site except for "Knibb High rules". I always thought they were a bunch of sissies.