PDA

View Full Version : Baker Acts

05-19-2008, 08:48 PM
Can you guys please transport them only to Regional, or a larger facility like West? It creates a safety issue when we (MHM)intake Baker Acts with the general patient population.

THANKS.

05-21-2008, 06:19 PM
We never take them to your hospital. The only way that one of our Baker Acts would end up there is if fire rescue took them there for a medical issue.

Talk to them if you have a problem, and stay off of our forum.[/u]

05-21-2008, 10:24 PM
pines pd dropped 1 off here on saturday and didn't even have the professional courtesy to let our Miramar detail officer know that they'd brought one in.

05-22-2008, 09:56 AM
Stop crying and do your job. they are sick and in need of yur care too.
Get with your bosses and demand a secure area to keep them in.
Why put all the burden on Hollywood. We get plenty on our own. With the money Memorial makes all of the hospitals SHOULD have a secure area and staff to deal with any type of illness.

05-23-2008, 05:30 AM
Nearest facility thats where they go. If you don't like it call the state.

05-23-2008, 02:09 PM
pines pd dropped 1 off here on saturday and didn't even have the professional courtesy to let our Miramar detail officer know that they'd brought one in.

I don't know what incident you are refering too, but I am pretty sure that it was rescue that took the baker act there because of a medical issue. Unless you know something different, stop whining.

05-23-2008, 06:34 PM
Stop crying and do your job. they are sick and in need of yur care too.
Get with your bosses and demand a secure area to keep them in.
Why put all the burden on Hollywood. We get plenty on our own. With the money Memorial makes all of the hospitals SHOULD have a secure area and staff to deal with any type of illness.

PERFECTLY STATED!

05-24-2008, 03:28 AM

IF THE DETAIL OFFFICER WAS NOT IN HIS VEHICLE WATCHING MOVIE, THEN I GUESS HE WOULD OF KNOWN ABOUT THE BAKER ACT :!: :!: :!:

05-25-2008, 11:39 PM
I have never seen a detail unit at Miramar inside the hospital. The times I have been there I would say 50% of the time the detail is in the car, the other times, not around. What's up with that? As far as bringing them there that is rescue, closest medical facility for a medical reason in addition to the baker act. Don't think Davie doesn't dump and run at Pembroke and Dade dumps at West. Never got a heads up from them either, security lets us know.

05-28-2008, 08:10 PM
r u referring to memorial walkin, that would be in pines, so there wont be a miramar officer working a 15, right

05-28-2008, 11:24 PM
No, I am referring to Memorial Miramar at 172 and Pembroke, you know the one where the detail unit is never seen!

06-09-2008, 01:33 AM
I assure you there is a detail unit at our hospital. However we are not obligated to be actually inside the hospital, but just on the hospital property. We do not get the call volume or activity like Pines has in memorial west. But if you need assistance ask for it... :)