PDA

View Full Version : Van Camp Can't Pass ECSO Sergeant's Exam

05-19-2008, 01:21 PM
Okay, so we created a new thread.

About 100 or so people took the recent ECSO Sergeant's exam and only a quarter of them passed.

Jeff Van Camp couldn't pass the exam.

DDG
05-19-2008, 08:23 PM
so if only 1/4 passed, then it was either very difficult, or 3/4 of them are retards... big deal. i had college coarses where 90% of the class failed the test.. means that the test is bad if that many people fail.

05-19-2008, 09:40 PM
Who cares.....

05-19-2008, 10:12 PM
so if only 1/4 passed, then it was either very difficult, or 3/4 of them are retards... big deal. i had college coarses where 90% of the class failed the test.. means that the test is bad if that many people fail.

Are you one of the ones who failed the spelling class?

05-19-2008, 11:23 PM
I have been in college courses with 90% fail the test. Means they were not prepared, did not study, etc.

The big deal HERE is a guy running for Sheriff in Santa Rosa could not pass the Sgt's test at his own agency yet claims to be a long time supervisor with all sorts of experience.

That is pretty freakin' sad... yet funny too!

05-20-2008, 12:50 AM

Are you one of the ones who failed the spelling class?Wow!!! you are a real brainiac... you are brilliant..since your so smart why aren't you running for Sheriff??? maybe your spending too much time blowing car 1. Maybe your working on your masters at Troy State in bung hole management...not every can spell like you Mr Webster. Get a life....

05-20-2008, 01:16 AM
D2 Dep, is all that anger because you tanked the test too? Maybe you should run for Sheriff like Jeff. Maybe you guys could study together.

05-20-2008, 10:26 AM
he, along with another deputy, was caught trying to cheat on prior attempts. check with IA and they can verify....we already have a cheater, we don't need another one.

DDG
05-20-2008, 05:22 PM
well, i know one thing if a Sgt. Exam was based on spelling, i`d be a slick sleave for life. thank you for pointing out..once again, that i am a non spelling college graduate.. i told you, if it wasnt for the report takers i would be laughed out of court.. maybe if Obama gets elected i can get universal health care and my kids ( chillrens ) can get a real public school education.... baabaaaa goats are silly little creatures...

05-22-2008, 01:30 AM
Why are you so unhappy about yourselfs that you have to always slam Jeff? Why are you afraid of? I believe Jeff didn't sign out for the study materials ans no body saw take the test! He showed up to allow the other deputies to see him but didn't take the exam. Period all you have to do is ask him. why should he, the admin told him he was never going to get promoted under the current sheriff. so why take the test? if someone out there gets information fronm HR at ther ecso then they are in violation of the law!!! So STOP sprending rumors and lies about Jeff!!!

05-22-2008, 01:35 AM
If another post comes out then I 'll start a new post why Randull failed to make chief!!!!!!

And how HALL flew aroung in a stolen Helo from Texas and gave a convict a gun!!!!

05-22-2008, 09:10 AM
If the helo from Texas was stolen and Hall knew about it and Hall went for a ride anyway then start a new thread about it, go to the SAO and call the paper! You don't have a pair and so you won't!!!

You can't handle the fact that Randall made Sgt in his career and Jeff has not made anything.

DDG
05-22-2008, 08:46 PM
Hey buddy, Randle made Asst. Chief over a 20 man department!!!.. and was acting Chief while they found someone to fill his slot... thats leadership and Experience you can take to the bank! Randle in 08!!!!!!

05-22-2008, 09:21 PM
Hey buddy, Randle made Asst. Chief over a 20 man department!!!.. and was acting Chief while they found someone to fill his slot... thats leadership and Experience you can take to the bank! Randle in 08!!!!!!

Randle ran a 20 person department. Ok, so how many people has Jeff had under his direct command as a slick sleeve deputy? Three?

DDG
05-22-2008, 10:04 PM
Look, im sure that out of all the men running that no one is smarter and more personable than Randle... but the real question is not how capable the Sheriff is, but who is the Sheriff going to have doing the day to day direct command of the office... so who would Randle entrust the job to for the Chief Deputy position?? Who would Randle use as his Majors??? You don’t have to have all the experience in the world to hire the personnel with the experience to get the job done, and get it done right.

So What, Jeff didn’t pass the Test, so what Randle has been passed over at his own Department several times.. It boils down to this.. It’s a two man race.. Van Camp or Hall. Even talking about Randle winning is just wasting time and air. The question is, do the Deputies and the Citizens have faith that Van Camp would bring in a competent staff and would work with the Union and better the lives of the Citizens and the Deputies, or do they like what they already have??? Their voice will be heard on Aug 26th.

05-22-2008, 11:22 PM
van camp would need to bring some people to his staff that could pass a sgt's test because he sure as hell can't. i don't want any change to any of the other three because they won't do anything. face it, van camp has proven he ain't smart enough.

05-22-2008, 11:23 PM
Look, im sure that out of all the men running that no one is smarter and more personable than Randle... but the real question is not how capable the Sheriff is, but who is the Sheriff going to have doing the day to day direct command of the office... so who would Randle entrust the job to for the Chief Deputy position?? Who would Randle use as his Majors??? You don’t have to have all the experience in the world to hire the personnel with the experience to get the job done, and get it done right.

So What, Jeff didn’t pass the Test, so what Randle has been passed over at his own Department several times.. It boils down to this.. It’s a two man race.. Van Camp or Hall. Even talking about Randle winning is just wasting time and air. The question is, do the Deputies and the Citizens have faith that Van Camp would bring in a competent staff and would work with the Union and better the lives of the Citizens and the Deputies, or do they like what they already have??? Their voice will be heard on Aug 26th.

Answer the question asked DDG. How many people has Jeff had working for him at one time?

DDG
05-23-2008, 07:43 PM
im not sure, that sounds like a good debate question?.. will we have a debate here in Santa Rosa like Escambia just had?

05-23-2008, 11:44 PM
You still need the goat pictures... otherwise, you got nothing. Hall won't waste his time with a debate and there won't be one. However, he would tear all three of them a new one in a debate. He just has more experience and is a better speaker. Besides, he passed the Sgt's test. And when they brought up all the trash they "think" they have on him it would backfire. I mean, accusing him of the 19 yoa will get you a lawsuit and the divorce thing is ridiculous as a high percentage of americans have had them.

I heard some goats at Benny Russell Park, get the camera.... otherwise, it is useless.

05-23-2008, 11:55 PM
OLT- Since you are an expert on the Sheriffs penis, you can tell us if he Sig 18 his daughters friend or not...

05-24-2008, 01:36 AM
I am not supporting Hall or any of the other losers. I would be wasting my time. However, since we can't find a goat to use in pictures with him why don't you stand in since you like talking about his johnson. Then we could release the pictures to the press and whatever candidate your a lapdog for can get elected and take care of you since you took one for the team.

05-26-2008, 03:13 PM
DDG you're showing your ignorance... You said "Look, im sure that out of all the men running that no one is smarter and more personable than Randle"... Yet you're supporting someone else that's not as educated or personable (and most likely not as capable).

The VanCant supporters seem to forget that Jeff has no leadership or management experience. So he ran Crimestoppers... does that REALLY count? Sure, Randle runs a small department and hasn't been chosen as Chief before. But how many people has VanCant hired? How many has he fired? How many has he done an IA on? How many times has he sent a budget before board approval? Why hasn't he ever made any rank?

VanCant is a great guy, we all agree. But he's simply NOT Sheriff material. His heart is in the right place I'm sure, but his brain isn't. I've heard him speak in public and it's almost a joke... I feel sorry for the guy. He tries, but just comes off as not very smart. If he quotes that he's got God on his side and how he gets on his knees and prays every night, one more time I think I'll get sick.

This election is FAR from over... VanCant supporters REALLY need to look at themselves and figure out whats truly best for Santa Rosa County.

05-26-2008, 11:58 PM
What exactly will they do differently than Hall is doing? I have asked that question over and over and the only thing I can figure out is they will cash the paycheck and not Hall.

None of the candidates are worth a shizzaz. Hall is a known quantity and the others are not. The worse case with Hall is we stay the same. The best case with the others is we stay the same. Also, while I may not care for Hall, I really think the others are less qualified when you compare Hall's career prior to SR to the others.

Don't call me a suck ass unless you leave your name.

I don't like any of the choices and am just picking the best of the worst.

05-27-2008, 04:48 PM
Hall was an investigations sergeant at ECSO before he came to SRSO, right?

So lets look at current/past experience... (in alpha order)

Hall: Sergeant with ECSO before being elected to Sheriff.
Randle: Deputy police chief with GBPD.
Roper: Trooper with FHP
VanCamp: Deputy with ECSO

Sure Hall's been there and done that now, but he's just looking to get a paycheck. He's done his 8 years, give someone else a chance. Rumor has it he'd said he wouldn't run this time and that's why Randle and VanCamp did.

Roper and VanCamp are/were both career slick sleeves with no management/admin experience. They're both nice guys, but just don't have the experience needed for the position.

At least Randle has some management/admin experience (though its from a small department). I think he'd need less on-the-job training at being Sheriff than the others.

DDG
05-27-2008, 06:51 PM
Hey Guys, if you want a Strong Union and someone that will stand up to the county commissioners, then vote Van Camp. He has a solid plan to increase pay raises by doing a comparative pay study and then using a binding contract with the union to put into effect a step program that will increase the salary of the troops. A collective bargaining agreement is binding and MUST be paid by the county commissioners... which mean they will have to cut out some pork barrel spending that was promised to some buddy of a county commissioner... or some from all the buddys of all 5 commissioners..

If you want someone that will not work with the union, will not increase wages to that of the surrounding counties, and let your Department to continue to lose good officers... Vote Hall

Randle is not pro-union, and i`ve dealt with him in the past , he is not Deputy Friendly

Roper- a nice guy, worked wreaks with him, but he doesnt have the public support.

what do you have to lose if Jeff comes in???? you have much more to gain. we will all know how it plays out in Aug.

05-28-2008, 01:04 AM
Being Deputy Chief of GBPD is like being a Sgt on a Shift... except there are no other shifts, no jail... nothing else but your shift... that does not make you a Sheriff.

As for Van Camps plan, is he going to print the money? You can't force a County in Florida to give money to any public workers if the money does not exist. If you attempt to force the hand then you will have less money for a longer period than (say bad blood and litigation) if you had a Sheriff who was SMART and could work the system to get the money NOW -- if there was any money to get. Anything else is just blowing smoke. If you disagree, please tell me where I can find a comprehensive plan -- and no, I don't want to call anyone and have them tell me. I want to read the plan and shoot it full of holes.

As I said before, right now is best case scenario for any of the candidates. It can be worse with any of them as they are unknowns.

Tighten your belt and wait for the economy to come back and for the county to get some $$$. Hopefully we can get someone in office in 4 years who will negotiate $$$ openly with the bargaining unit.

05-28-2008, 01:12 AM
i hear ya Johnson...

05-28-2008, 01:53 AM
Being Deputy Chief of GBPD is like being a Sgt on a Shift... except there are no other shifts, no jail... nothing else but your shift... that does not make you a Sheriff.

As for Van Camps plan, is he going to print the money? You can't force a County in Florida to give money to any public workers if the money does not exist. If you attempt to force the hand then you will have less money for a longer period than (say bad blood and litigation) if you had a Sheriff who was SMART and could work the system to get the money NOW -- if there was any money to get. Anything else is just blowing smoke. If you disagree, please tell me where I can find a comprehensive plan -- and no, I don't want to call anyone and have them tell me. I want to read the plan and shoot it full of holes.

As I said before, right now is best case scenario for any of the candidates. It can be worse with any of them as they are unknowns.

Tighten your belt and wait for the economy to come back and for the county to get some $$$. Hopefully we can get someone in office in 4 years who will negotiate $$$ openly with the bargaining unit. DDG is right, how can you not understand??? i dont care who gets elected, Hall has been fair to me at least, and i dont care what he does in his personal life.. but if the union has a contract, they must be funded, the county doesnt have a choice. how is that so hard to understand??? you ask where does the money come from??? it means that the sheriffs budget comes first and if broxon cant pave some guys road then so be it... the money is there..time to put it where it belongs...

05-28-2008, 04:06 PM
I understand that, DDG understands that and you understand that... but what will it take to make it happen?

Even though I don't agree with the cut in taxes I still think there is waste that needs oversight. Who knows, we may be able to do it on the money they have now. I don't know. However, I am all for taking priority on the $$ to law enforcement rather than the usual pork barrel projects that permeate government.

Tell me how that is done and how it is enforced? Are there loopholes for them to jump through? Yes. Will it require lawsuits that take years? Yes.

I am not trying to be an arse so correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks.

DDG
05-28-2008, 04:22 PM
OTL-

It works like this. The Sheriff does a comparative pay study. This is used to back up his claim that a pay raise is warranted. Then he signs a binding agreement with the Union. By law he must negotiate once a year in good faith. Once an agreement has been reached between the union and sheriff, the budget increase request is then submitted to the County Commissioners... here is where you have to have a LEADER step up. If the county commissioners refuse to fund it, you call for a mediation. The mediation will show several things...
1) A comparative pay study
2) A lawful collective bargaining agreement that makes the sheriff contractually obligated to fulfill his end of the bargain and pay the salary increase.
3) Law Enforcement, Fire, and EMS are Deemed "Essential Services, their budgets are budgeted first, the funds that are left over are then used for schools, roads, pork projects etc...

Therefore a study, plus a binding agreement, and being deemed an essential service, will require the funding of the salary increase... it would only take ONE day to mediated this, not years and no county commissioner want s to tell the county "at-large" that they voted down paying their deputies more money to keep them... the question is who will have the stones to stand up and do this for you guys.

05-28-2008, 05:25 PM
DDG
Then how come the Sheriff is not bargaining? There are other issues to talk about other than budget and pay.

05-28-2008, 07:06 PM
that's why we need a Sheriff that will do this for us. Hall has had 7 years to do this. Giving money back to the county commissioners and not funding a raise for us unacceptable.

05-28-2008, 08:19 PM
DDG,

Once again you don't know what you are talking about.

You say Randle is not Pro-Union. Then can you explain how he is one of the chartered members of the Gulf Breeze FOP Lodge and he is still active with the lodge.
He has sat on both sides of the bargaining table to negotiate a contract for the Gulf Breeze Police. Bet Van Camp hasn't even sat on one side of the bargaining table.

So if you want to talk about experience dealing with Unions, please get your facts straight before you post.

05-28-2008, 10:36 PM
randle passed the sgts test too.

DDG
05-29-2008, 01:08 AM
DDG,

Once again you don't know what you are talking about.

You say Randle is not Pro-Union. Then can you explain how he is one of the chartered members of the Gulf Breeze FOP Lodge and he is still active with the lodge.
He has sat on both sides of the bargaining table to negotiate a contract for the Gulf Breeze Police. Bet Van Camp hasn't even sat on one side of the bargaining table.

So if you want to talk about experience dealing with Unions, please get your facts straight before you post. i didnt say he wasnt pro union... just anti-Deputy

05-29-2008, 01:11 AM
I don't know if Randle is anti-deputy but I know deputies are anti-Randle.

DDG
05-29-2008, 01:12 AM
Very Anti-Randle...

05-29-2008, 03:26 PM
Hey Guys, if you want a Strong Union and someone that will stand up to the county commissioners, then vote Van Camp. He has a solid plan to increase pay raises by doing a comparative pay study and then using a binding contract with the union to put into effect a step program that will increase the salary of the troops. A collective bargaining agreement is binding and MUST be paid by the county commissioners... which mean they will have to cut out some pork barrel spending that was promised to some buddy of a county commissioner... or some from all the buddys of all 5 commissioners..

If you want someone that will not work with the union, will not increase wages to that of the surrounding counties, and let your Department to continue to lose good officers... Vote Hall

Randle is not pro-union, and i`ve dealt with him in the past , he is not Deputy Friendly
Roper- a nice guy, worked wreaks with him, but he doesnt have the public support.

what do you have to lose if Jeff comes in???? you have much more to gain. we will all know how it plays out in Aug.

Nope DDG you said it Randle wasn't pro union.

Once again get your facts straight.
The deputies are afraid to speak out the truth for fear of being punished. I've talked with several along with other officers I work with and not one had said a good thing about Hall.

Like it or not Randle is the best candidate for this job. Roper and Van Camp don't have the experience to lead this agency into the future. No leadership experience for either one. And no Crimestopper is not leadership.

But I do like the Van Camp T-Shirts. "Proven Leadership" Have to laugh everytime I see one.

05-29-2008, 03:42 PM
sorry wes, randle has no experience at an agency the size of the srso. dispatch at the srso has more people than the entire gbpd. van camp has a ton more experience at a sheriff's office so don't even go there. the decision is a no brainer. randle should not even be on the ballot.

DDG
05-29-2008, 03:50 PM
Randle may be the best "qualified" on paper, but this isnt a city council looking to appoint a new Police Chief. This is an election. i understand your point. your right, Randle is an Asst Chief of Police, he has been to the FBI NA, he looks wonderful on paper... but looking good on paper doesnt get you elected. Being a Sheriff is much more different than being a Chief of Police.

Jeff is leading in Money, Jeff is leading in Support. Like it or not, Randle might be the best on paper, but Jeff is making steady gains, something Randle isnt doing. Guess we will all see on Aug 26th.

05-29-2008, 09:21 PM
Read the headlines.. Hall re-elected. The reason being is that Van Camp has nothing to offer except being another nobody from across the river (something SRSO does not need) and for some reason Randle has little support. Get used to another 4 years with Hall. Maybe Hall will get rid of some of the dead-weight at the top.

05-29-2008, 10:55 PM
Randull & Wendull, Have something to look forward to after Aug 26th. they both will be looking for jobs!!!! Vote Van Camp !!!!!

05-30-2008, 01:33 AM
Lucky for Van Camp they don't have a test to be Sheriff... it would be harder than the Sgt's test.

05-30-2008, 01:58 AM
if randle was qualified to do the job he would have been picked for it. not being picked speaks oh so many vloumes to experience and character. :D and dead weight came from where? see my point?

05-30-2008, 02:10 AM
Read the headlines.. Hall re-elected. The reason being is that Van Camp has nothing to offer except being another nobody from across the river (something SRSO does not need) and for some reason Randle has little support. Get used to another 4 years with Hall. Maybe Hall will get rid of some of the dead-weight at the top.thats funny. you even admit that hall has built in a load of dead weight in his administration. you must either be part of it or related to it. keep spouting with a poisonous pen, your helping Van Camp. And it looks like he will be the next sheriff. :lol: :D

05-30-2008, 02:16 PM
if randle was qualified to do the job he would have been picked for it. not being picked speaks oh so many vloumes to experience and character. :D and dead weight came from where? see my point?

If Van Camp were qualified to be Sheriff he wouldn't have failed the ECSO Sgt's test.