PDA

View Full Version : Seminole County Sheriffs

05-19-2008, 02:39 AM
Hey guys whats going on. Im a C/O currently here in Central Florida. Im in the hiring process with you guys right now (Seminole County) for Detention Deputy, and looking for some general info on how you guys run things there, what to expect, etc. I have my CVSA scheduled for early this coming week, and reference letters have already been sent out to my references, so im sure things are moving smoothly. I just graduated the academy this past Feb, so thats probably why. My main goal is to get on the road and be a sheriffs deputy. Im going to be going to the crossover academy this coming june at SCC (Seminole community college). Some questions I had were, 1. how long is the JTO process when you get hired. 2. Is it true you move around throughout the jail very often, ie. 1 day your in intake, 1 day your working the pods, 1 day your doing transport, etc. 3. What do we have equipment wise in the jail ie. rapid-cuffs?, tasers, expandable baton, OC?. 4. Whats the overall morale like in there, good, bad, indifferent...and are you guys on the whole de-escalate the situation deal, or the handle business, keep inmates in line deal. Any other info besides what I asked would be appreciated.
thanks.

05-19-2008, 03:24 PM
Take it from an experienced LEO. Dont use this forum to ask that type of info. Go to the agency, talk with other LEO"s or Correction Officers you meet. Most people use the LEOAFFAIRS site as a negative comment Blog! Its almost embarassing !

10-01-2008, 11:23 PM
[IMG]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff357/Pirate86/Depp%20