PDA

View Full Version : Fire Col. Julie Jones!

05-17-2008, 09:51 PM
The title says it all really. She has not finished one thing she has started. She barely has any contact with the field and has no idea what is going on outside of Leon county.

05-18-2008, 09:14 PM
I'm not sure how to go about removing her, but I think a vote of "NO CONFIDENCE" is in order.

05-18-2008, 10:07 PM
First and foremost...our officers MUST show unity!
Without coming together,nothing can be accomplished. The question is..............Do we have enough officers that will even speak up?
My guess is, probally not. This is why I have made the suggestion that we SHOW UNITY this summer and politely and professionaly decline to participate at this years physical assessements.Give NO reason, just say NO! Lets see if we even have enough officers statewide that will make a simple statement. I'm interested to see how many will have the backbone to do more than just gripe and moan about things. Hopefully I will be wrong and we will stand together............THEN we can make some changes.

05-19-2008, 01:04 AM
Little acts of defiance do not work. The commissioners don't seem to understand or just can't take a hint. A bunch of letters to the commissioners would be the most direct way to get the message to them. Copies of those letters should be sent to prominent newspapers. Someone might even pick up the story.

05-19-2008, 01:48 AM
Little acts of defiance do not work. The commissioners don't seem to understand or just can't take a hint. A bunch of letters to the commissioners would be the most direct way to get the message to them. Copies of those letters should be sent to prominent newspapers. Someone might even pick up the story.
Well heres the first one with no backbone.....Hide behind a letter!
I guess Im right so far

05-20-2008, 12:11 AM
I guess Im right so far

I was part of Operation Victor Whiskey on the west coast and I refused to participate in the physical assessment last year. I also refused to volunteer for hurricanes and other deployments. I had to work my second job don't you know. These actions don't work. It's better to play the politics games. Letters to Woods and Water magazine, Florida Sportsman, and Ducks Unlimited. You've got to play dirty. My backbone is in place and very strong. It's interesting to note that certain people want names of those who voice their opinion. Why is that? What good could come of it? It sounds like some damn yankee backstabber to me.

05-21-2008, 02:20 AM
you actually had the option of volunteering?

05-21-2008, 02:52 AM
Ah yeah, so did you. You may have been told you had to go but in reality you couldn't have been forced. They could not have forced you to leave your family obligations.

05-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Ah yeah, so did you. You may have been told you had to go but in reality you couldn't have been forced. They could not have forced you to leave your family obligations.The program is 100% voluntary.............You can participate or just go and watch.

05-21-2008, 06:23 PM
you actually had the option of volunteering?
You did too! Maybe this year actually ask if you HAVE to participate. They may make you go.....but they will not make you participate......

05-22-2008, 01:52 AM
I guess Im right so far

I was part of Operation Victor Whiskey on the west coast and I refused to participate in the physical assessment last year. I also refused to volunteer for hurricanes and other deployments. I had to work my second job don't you know. These actions don't work. It's better to play the politics games. Letters to Woods and Water magazine, Florida Sportsman, and Ducks Unlimited. You've got to play dirty. My backbone is in place and very strong. It's interesting to note that certain people want names of those who voice their opinion. Why is that? What good could come of it? It sounds like some darn yankee backstabber to me.

And you sir are in Law Enforcement why? It always amazes me that people are in PUBLIC SERVICE and then they make STUPID comments like this....Please disappear, people like you suck the life out of the rest of us who actually like this job and believe in helping people; particularly in their darkest hour of need, TOUGH GUY! "whoa, look at me, I refused to participate.." sure you did!!!

05-24-2008, 02:54 AM
Hire the FHP top staff at least they know how to get a pay raise on the budget.

05-26-2008, 02:46 PM
Why should she be fired?, look at Dees and Liford, nincompoops

05-27-2008, 10:56 PM
Firing her won't accomplish want you want or need. The dream of effective, competent leadership is just that - a dream. Get rid of her and all you have to look forward to is another political appointee with no interest in making FWC a better place.

05-31-2008, 12:10 AM
Just transfer her to Jenny Craig!

05-31-2008, 12:22 AM
All decisions must be made by her. She refuses to delegate anything. Everything is "up to the colonel". Name one program she has initiated that has gone on to completion. Just watch, this assessment center stuff will have gone by the wayside before next year.

05-31-2008, 03:14 PM
Does anyone know how many LEO's are participating in the assessments? Looks like there will be many more 3 year LT.'s now!

06-10-2008, 01:29 PM
First and foremost...our officers MUST show unity!
Without coming together,nothing can be accomplished. The question is..............Do we have enough officers that will even speak up?
My guess is, probally not. This is why I have made the suggestion that we SHOW UNITY this summer and politely and professionaly decline to participate at this years physical assessements.Give NO reason, just say NO! Lets see if we even have enough officers statewide that will make a simple statement. I'm interested to see how many will have the backbone to do more than just gripe and moan about things. Hopefully I will be wrong and we will stand together............THEN we can make some changes.

Yeah Reaper...thats the ticket! You are spewing out your venom again trying to poison anyone who is weak headed enough to listent to you. If you so choose not to participate, fine. Your unity idea will fall on deaf ears and blind eyes. We've been told we have to at least have our bp checked. That will count as one event and you will have participated in the physical assessment. If we do not go, dress out, have our bp checked, we have to show up at a later date at an appointment place of the majors choosing...have no clue what the agenda for that day would be. Its his way of giving officers a choice.....participate or else......
Reaper, have your bp checked that day if nothing else. Show up and try to smile. Say something nice to someone today about FWC...it will do the body good. Now, dont you feel better?

06-10-2008, 02:28 PM
Boy, is everybody jumping on the bandwagon by bashing Grimreaper. First, he's not ST. Second, he says what many officers would like to. Third, if not for people like him or her spouting off then no one will know what the field is thinking.

We more or less all agree we have the best job in law enforcement. I don't think I'll get too many arguements on that statement. We do have problems though and they can be traced back to a single reason. Lack of leadership. Part of leadership comprises of priorities. Was it a priority to get new hats and badges? I don't think I can tell my mortgage lender to hold off on evicting my family because I got a shiny new badge. Was it a priority to do physical assessment? I have doubts that having washboard abs will get me a loan for a car to replace mine that has 170,000 miles. Was it a priority to have laptops? With so many leaving how many will be stockpiled until you raise the starting salary enough to fill positions?

Make the pay issue the first priority. Be loud and boisterous in what we need. Fix pay and most of everything else will fall into place. That will take something Col. Jones has failed to show in her tenure. Leadership.

06-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Kinda hard when she is out for the month.

06-14-2008, 02:40 AM
fire yourself

06-22-2008, 01:36 AM
why should she be fired?

06-22-2008, 07:07 PM
why should she be fired?

In her years at the helm of this bassboat this agency has continued to fall behind in almost every aspect. Time for a leader that leads.

06-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Lets not forget that she is about to make us the joke of Florida LEOs with that ridiculous hat. It is sad that we are headed in the wrong direction. I thought we were trying to promote the image of a State Law Enforcement not ranchhands.

06-23-2008, 03:47 PM
Lets not forget that she takes annual leave every year during session. Out of sight and out of her mind.

06-24-2008, 03:28 AM
Why would you want to fire someone who is the image of your agency? Bet, if Sabre was at the helm walking the halways of the capital FWC would have been recognized. Too late, she's gone too. Is there a pattern.

07-05-2008, 02:09 PM
Owwww

07-24-2008, 07:45 PM
true that

08-06-2008, 09:39 PM
Firing our boss is not the answer. Operation victor whiskey is f@@@ing terrible and further shows those that read stats that we are not in the public service industry. The answer is to bust your ass every day, stop and check everyone in the County fishing or hunting and issue the appropriate paperwork. Don't do this for your Colonel, your Major, your Lt. but do it for yourself. Take pride in what you do, suggest changes, continue griping when applicable, don't compromise values nor beliefs and/ or leave this fine Agency if you don't get what is important to you. This career really is laid back and it is up to you to make it fun. If what you are doing is not fun then come down to Dade during Dove season, mini-season, the Regatta, bartenders weekend or just about any weekend and get ahold of me and I promise you we will have fun. That is if checking dozens of fishermen who are all armed, many illegally who most have warrants almost all have 27 issues and or 28 issues, towing vehicles, seizing evidence, finding hidden evidence, eating from a drive through at odd times, 94ing the locals on crazy 10-50's, handcuffing several subjects per day, checking boats loaded with beautiful specimens of the opposite sex is fun to you. Oh yeah and maybe a S-4B and or gator call in there somewhere. The job is fun as hell, it just don't pay well.

08-07-2008, 12:15 AM
Wow! W 600 series, what are you out of the last academy class! (just kidding...) True, this is a great job, and it is what you make of it even if you have to look like an idiot wearing a cowboy hat and goatee.

08-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Class 8. Started 47 and graduated 46, now we are leaving in droves. I too am leaving, but money is like 3rd or 4th on the list. I planned on retiring with FWC. I only have been serving since 06 but I can plainly see issues that need addressing. Since this is the forum for mass dissemination I will give it a go. (1) We are Fish and Wildlife yet hours on the engine "patrolling Manatee zones" are more important than allowing Officers to hide their trucks and make cases at choke points. The decision to accept the Homeland Security money is turning out to be a huge mistake. Money spent on making our vehicles statutorily suitable for pursuits ie Agency insignia, blue lights, siren could be better spent on Tazers or cages for transport. We all know how hard it is to make a good case driving the billboard. Coversely, how many more cases could we make with unmarked vehicles, with blue lights that flip down or are concealed. Our GO's all but forbid pursuits so why spend the dough on gearing them for pursuits. Unmarked trucks with magnetic Agency insignia with hidden blue lights could accomplish OUR core mission. Let the brass fly the flag with fully marked vehicles. (2) Officer Safety, our GO's as well as commonly accepted practices, have us 10-15ing people in the front seat, no cage. When I brought this cage issue up someone (shall remain nameless) suggested I get a thick rope and attach a carabiner to the rope and run the rope between the back rest and the seat portion of the seat and slam the rope in the jam of the passenger door to essentially immobolize the prisoner. This is the same person that is ok with issuing one set of cuffs and forbidding us to use flexcuffs I have got from MDPD, citing the fact I was not trained to use flexcuffs and was operating ouside of my training. Also, Colonel Jones was asked by me in Talahassee during a question and answer session about Tazers and she flatly said "No, next question!" Also, our long guns are placed in cases with two locks, the training team down here in Miami had us bring our vehicles onto the range and the training team had us run a shoot, don't shoot scenario complete with added verbal stress " C'mon C'mon hurry shoot him, he has a gun etc." The scenario had you run all your 9mm ammo dry and then transition to the long gun. Many Officers down here found it difficult to find the key for the case, index the key into the tiny hole, move all the s##t off of the case and then charge the weapon and put ordinance down range. Thereby solidifying my belief that if I start the gun battle with the long gun I will be OK, but if anyone thinks they will be able to retrieve the long gun mid gun fight they are fooling themselves and not accounting for the hot lead flying my way, loss of fine motor skills factor. The reason for not mounting the long gun in a more suitable location: " it looks too aggressive." Either we ARE Agents for Homeland security or we are NOT. (3) We all have pretty much accepted the fact that our brass cannot get more salary dollars for us, but when we try and get 208 money it is met with resistance and IMPP's every step of the way. This impp for pre-approvals, this form for hours worked in a two week period, this impp for requiring me to wear bravos on road details and the list goes on. Why the fact that some Officer chose to wear a t-shirt on an off-duty and the subsequent ready-fire-aim reaction policy generation is a great example of PP leadership and a true testament to supervisors not handling things at the lowest level. I cannot imagine being the Lt. that first heard of one of my Officers wearing a t-shirt to an off-duty and taking this issue to my Captain. I would like to believe my Captain would laugh me out of his Office with this petty Sh%t. But no, it went all the way to the light colonels and then finally to the Colonel for the signing of the impp requiring bravos on all 208's but not the port detail or Water Management Disctrict property 208's. Solutions- make moving away from legislation funding our number one priority, give back FAC approvals to the legislation. We can't make our own budget and exclusively control our laws, the whole uncontrollable Agency thing. Require one $20 license for all fishing in Florida both Salt and fresh, for everyone, no exemptions other than children. Fund our budget, our whole budget with license fees and fines collected. The State of Colorado Division of Wildlife (DOW) does this now and their Officers are on a step plan with guaranteed raises. Augment the difference with a portion of fees collected for vessel registrations. Some things will need to be changed, such as license fees. The current fees require $251.oo for non-residents to take a Turkey in Florida. Florida is the ONLY PLACE IN THE WORLD YOU CAN HARVEST THIS TROPHY. DOW has $1761.00 for a fee for non-residents to harvest a Rocky Mountain Bighorn sheep and Colorado is not the only place for this trophy. Fix the fees for this millenium and the FWC receives all the fees collected, require everyone fishing to buy a license. The State will need some money from the licenses something like $2 is fair, with money our issues will correct themselves. Recruiting, retention, gas shortage, equipment, mission,the list goes on. Long message, sorry.

08-10-2008, 08:23 PM
Wow!! That was the best post I have ever read on this forum. Most people just ***** and whine but you were clear and concise. Hate to lose an employee that can actually think.

08-10-2008, 11:40 PM
Excellent post. Looks like the trend continues of squared away officers leaving FWC. Good luck. You write better than anything I have seen our fearless leaders in Tallhassee put out.

08-10-2008, 11:50 PM
Yes, an excellent post. The most important part was stating that by fixing the pay many of our other problems will simply disappear. For some reason our agency heads have chosen not to except that one reality. Instead, they lobbied for laptops to the tune of almost $2 million. Although a great and needed tool, I think lobbying harder for salary dollars in that range may have been a better idea.

08-11-2008, 04:10 AM
And, then command staff said, that the Nextel lawsuit could ONLY be used for 2 cowboy hats and badges! You should be ashamed Tallahassee, when state employees are losing their jobs you are wondering if the felt or straw cowboy hat will look better.??

If anything like police chiefs or sheriffs office term times your time is coming to its end! And take your stupid cowboy hats w/you!

08-12-2008, 05:36 PM
Is she making a move on DEP and AG too?

08-17-2008, 07:10 PM
Take over Ag or DEP!, she can't handle what she is doing now, lets get some more stetsons and new badges first. Please, she is already trying to push her way around the EOC with her overbearing self. Ag is in good shape and DEP does a good job, lets ruin them with an injection of FWC, Manage what you have Colonel Jones.

rickjames
08-17-2008, 09:21 PM
How do you turn on spell check? I'm afraid to make a spelling error or the grammar nazi's will attack me.

08-18-2008, 10:01 AM
Great job, no money for raises but we got hats and new badges while other agencies are trying to avoid layoffs. FDLE and AG are trying to keep what they have and not lose anymore positions than lost last budget and we buy hats!. Clean up your backyard JJ instead of grandstanding at the EOC.

12-05-2009, 09:07 PM
Firing our boss is not the answer. Operation victor whiskey is f@@@ing terrible and further shows those that read stats that we are not in the public service industry. The answer is to bust your ass every day, stop and check everyone in the County fishing or hunting and issue the appropriate paperwork. Don't do this for your Colonel, your Major, your Lt. but do it for yourself. Take pride in what you do, suggest changes, continue griping when applicable, don't compromise values nor beliefs and/ or leave this fine Agency if you don't get what is important to you. This career really is laid back and it is up to you to make it fun. If what you are doing is not fun then come down to Dade during Dove season, mini-season, the Regatta, bartenders weekend or just about any weekend and get ahold of me and I promise you we will have fun. That is if checking dozens of fishermen who are all armed, many illegally who most have warrants almost all have 27 issues and or 28 issues, towing vehicles, seizing evidence, finding hidden evidence, eating from a drive through at odd times, 94ing the locals on crazy 10-50's, handcuffing several subjects per day, checking boats loaded with beautiful specimens of the opposite sex is fun to you. Oh yeah and maybe a S-4B and or gator call in there somewhere. The job is fun as hell, it just don't pay well.
Was this the same Officer S. Waggoner who left us for the Feds last year ? Interesting turn of events, I would say. It appears to me that $$$$ was more important then a job which "is fun as hell" !

12-06-2009, 11:51 PM
[quote="Officer S. Waggoner W606/ M981":594chukb]Firing our boss is not the answer. Operation victor whiskey is f@@@ing terrible and further shows those that read stats that we are not in the public service industry. The answer is to bust your ass every day, stop and check everyone in the County fishing or hunting and issue the appropriate paperwork. Don't do this for your Colonel, your Major, your Lt. but do it for yourself. Take pride in what you do, suggest changes, continue griping when applicable, don't compromise values nor beliefs and/ or leave this fine Agency if you don't get what is important to you. This career really is laid back and it is up to you to make it fun. If what you are doing is not fun then come down to Dade during Dove season, mini-season, the Regatta, bartenders weekend or just about any weekend and get ahold of me and I promise you we will have fun. That is if checking dozens of fishermen who are all armed, many illegally who most have warrants almost all have 27 issues and or 28 issues, towing vehicles, seizing evidence, finding hidden evidence, eating from a drive through at odd times, 94ing the locals on crazy 10-50's, handcuffing several subjects per day, checking boats loaded with beautiful specimens of the opposite sex is fun to you. Oh yeah and maybe a S-4B and or gator call in there somewhere. The job is fun as hell, it just don't pay well.
Was this the same Officer S. Waggoner who left us for the Feds last year ? Interesting turn of events, I would say. It appears to me that $$$$ was more important then a job which "is fun as hell" ![/quote:594chukb]

First of all, congrats on bringing up a topic more than 1 year old....loser....second, it wasn't about the $$$....you obviously have no idea what you're talking about....there was ALOT more involved in his decision to take a job BACK HOME where he came from originally than you think....He has NO FEAR of identifying himself on here...you should do the same if you're not a coward...I haven't not called somebody out or posted an obnoxious comment like you just did which is why I'm flying the "guest" flag at this time. Have the courage to identify yourself like he did, address him directly and maybe you'll deserve an explanation at that time.

12-14-2009, 12:09 PM
[quote="Officer S. Waggoner W606/ M981":ua7ygrjv]Firing our boss is not the answer. Operation victor whiskey is f@@@ing terrible and further shows those that read stats that we are not in the public service industry. The answer is to bust your ass every day, stop and check everyone in the County fishing or hunting and issue the appropriate paperwork. Don't do this for your Colonel, your Major, your Lt. but do it for yourself. Take pride in what you do, suggest changes, continue griping when applicable, don't compromise values nor beliefs and/ or leave this fine Agency if you don't get what is important to you. This career really is laid back and it is up to you to make it fun. If what you are doing is not fun then come down to Dade during Dove season, mini-season, the Regatta, bartenders weekend or just about any weekend and get ahold of me and I promise you we will have fun. That is if checking dozens of fishermen who are all armed, many illegally who most have warrants almost all have 27 issues and or 28 issues, towing vehicles, seizing evidence, finding hidden evidence, eating from a drive through at odd times, 94ing the locals on crazy 10-50's, handcuffing several subjects per day, checking boats loaded with beautiful specimens of the opposite sex is fun to you. Oh yeah and maybe a S-4B and or gator call in there somewhere. The job is fun as hell, it just don't pay well.
Was this the same Officer S. Waggoner who left us for the Feds last year ? Interesting turn of events, I would say. It appears to me that $$$$ was more important then a job which "is fun as hell" !

First of all, congrats on bringing up a topic more than 1 year old....loser....second, it wasn't about the $$$....you obviously have no idea what you're talking about....there was ALOT more involved in his decision to take a job BACK HOME where he came from originally than you think....He has NO FEAR of identifying himself on here...you should do the same if you're not a coward...I haven't not called somebody out or posted an obnoxious comment like you just did which is why I'm flying the "guest" flag at this time. Have the courage to identify yourself like he did, address him directly and maybe you'll deserve an explanation at that time.[/quote:ua7ygrjv]

I don't need an "explanation Mr. Guest. My post speaks for it's self. He left for the $$. Now crawl back under your rock and be quite.

12-22-2009, 02:05 AM
One of the reasons I left was indeed the money. You keep clinging to that fact as if it is somehow bad to nearly double your salary. I left because I wanted my kids to be around family, I wanted better schools for my kids. I wanted to live somewhere more wholesome.
I now work for an awesome agency that has the funding to keep all of us hard charging. No more 10-8, 10-42 due to fuel money shortage. No more nolle prosse cases due to the State not knowing, caring, too busy, etc. No more Officer safety compromises due to funding.
It is not the perfect agency but so far so good. It was a huge decision and one I did not take lightly. For you to address my personal issue and decisions on this public forum is truly disappointing. Additionally, if you are indeed my bud, call me up and I will answer any question you have.

12-23-2009, 11:46 PM
One of the reasons I left was indeed the money. You keep clinging to that fact as if it is somehow bad to nearly double your salary. I left because I wanted my kids to be around family, I wanted better schools for my kids. I wanted to live somewhere more wholesome.
I now work for an awesome agency that has the funding to keep all of us hard charging. No more 10-8, 10-42 due to fuel money shortage. No more nolle prosse cases due to the State not knowing, caring, too busy, etc. No more Officer safety compromises due to funding.
It is not the perfect agency but so far so good. It was a huge decision and one I did not take lightly. For you to address my personal issue and decisions on this public forum is truly disappointing. Additionally, if you are indeed my bud, call me up and I will answer any question you have.
I am glad you work for a "awesome" agency. Did you not know what the state of Florida paid before you committed to a job with FWC? I was only pointing out how your earlier post and your actions are so very different. As I too am one whom thought FWC is a great job but chose to stay and do what I can to change it instead of *****ing on a forum and running-your observation is correct that we are clearly not Buds. Now forget about those of us who trained you, helped you and hoped you would stay a year or two per your commitment. I know I will forget about you.

12-24-2009, 12:56 AM
Byesean, you sir are an idiot. Going back to that same old nugget of sh%t. "Didn't you know how much you'd be making when you started?" Guess what, I did. I was also told there was a step pay plan. I was also told there was a merit increase plan. After almost six years of butting heads with hillbillies that just stuck there head in the sand I gave up.

I worked and did my 40+ hours a week. Working, not just driving around in the middle of no where making 3 contacts a day, working. The people that trained me got paid, I owe them nothing. I did my two year plus, I owe FWC nothing.

I'll never forget people like you. With the knowledge I have gained from FWC I'll steer clear from rednecks because nothing good ever came from them.

12-24-2009, 01:16 AM
First let me say that Officer S.W. is indeed a friend and I miss his sense of humor, his dedication to duty, and his undeniable desire to make his job fun yet productive. I remember spending many moments attempting to change S.W’s. mind about leaving our agency. I talked to him about the 80/20 rule and the importance of taking time to “chill”. (S.W. will know what I mean by the 80/20 rule). Obviously I was not successful in indoctrinating S.W. with my philosophies and he left but I’m not sad, I’m happy that he has found a place where he feels better about coming to work every day and still participate in protecting the recourses of our nation.

12-24-2009, 05:56 PM
Byesean, you sir are an idiot. Going back to that same old nugget of sh%t. "Didn't you know how much you'd be making when you started?" Guess what, I did. I was also told there was a step pay plan. I was also told there was a merit increase plan. After almost six years of butting heads with hillbillies that just stuck there head in the sand I gave up.

I worked and did my 40+ hours a week. Working, not just driving around in the middle of no where making 3 contacts a day, working. The people that trained me got paid, I owe them nothing. I did my two year plus, I owe FWC nothing.

I'll never forget people like you. With the knowledge I have gained from FWC I'll steer clear from rednecks because nothing good ever came from them.
Not that it matters, but a couple of questions. You say you were told there was a step plan and merit increases. By who, and did you have enough on the ball to check it out ? ( think I know) What does redneckism have to do with your failures ? And finally Mr. I,I,I,Me,Me,Me, owns no one, where did you end up sooo bitter ? Just curious if you care to share with all of your fans.