PDA

View Full Version : TYRANNY

05-17-2008, 09:28 AM
I feel like an Iraqi citizen under the regime of Sadam Hussein everyday when I come to work. The Chief is a tyrant that imposes his unjust vengeance against his inferior subordinates. Now supervisors tell me at roll call that I am not allowed to post on this website. Regardless if slamming the Department is contrary to the General Orders, that is a violation of my 1st amendment right to freedom of speech. Maybe I should sue for a civil rights violation and get rich….or get promoted.

SALEM ALEKEM

05-17-2008, 10:25 PM
anyone who listens to a treat/order like that is violating their own 1st ammend. ,1-they can't stop you, 2- they can't find out unless YOU tell them 3-it is even against the law for them to tell you that

05-18-2008, 12:50 AM
That makes sense if you stop to think about it. I bet the GOB is "boiling mad" over this site. I mean they can't control who goes on it, nor can they control the manner in which one chooses to express themselves.

Tell you what. I look forward to reading everyone's replies every single day. This is the only way that "we" can speak our mind. Everyone knows what happens if you tell someone what you think about this s*** hole, you get "black listed" and your career goes down the tubes.

yippee kayyy yayyy mot*** fu@##%.

05-20-2008, 12:00 AM
Hadji On this one I feel your pain. I would encourage everyone to use this site and vent your issues. A word of caution however. A few short years ago I was the subject of an Internal Affairs investigation over "freedom of speech". This investigation lasted 11 months and was finally withdrawn by the Chief. During this time I conducted research into freedom of speech issues. Long story short some things are protected by the 1st amendment but in certain cases the courts have sided with agencies and the officer loses. Just use common sense and make sure your cause is just before you speak. Seems that speaking first has always been my problem. Be careful.

05-20-2008, 12:01 AM
Hadji On this one I feel your pain. I would encourage everyone to use this site and vent your issues. A word of caution however. A few short years ago I was the subject of an Internal Affairs investigation over "freedom of speech". This investigation lasted 11 months and was finally withdrawn by the Chief. During this time I conducted research into freedom of speech issues. Long story short some things are protected by the 1st amendment but in certain cases the courts have sided with agencies and the officer loses. Just use common sense and make sure your cause is just before you speak. Seems that speaking first has always been my problem. Be careful.

05-20-2008, 01:23 AM

Sgt. Quick,
I worked for you on mids when it was the Cain / Quick Duo. It was the best squad ever and you guys were the perfect combo supervisors.

What was the name of that funny cartoon that you would show us in line up and how do I get to it on the web?

05-20-2008, 01:25 AM
Hey Lee, nice to see some balls on the blog, I heard about your support of my situation and thanks for that, You wont have to explain what you mean about free speech to me!! Freedom of speech cost me, Oh brother they laid in wait for me like somali's on a U.N. rice delivery, took them long enough though!
I had a luxury that many do not, I don't need the job. So you're right ,keep venting , be careful,and follow the terms. If it makes you all feel better ,It cost them 20 grand to spend another day with me, and the entire cast stuttered more than usual over their rehearsed tribunal.
I spoke my mind to the end causing a certain redneck anti-christ to turn redder than a whore in church :lol:
I hope you fair better with the new administration, its lonely for Dennis to be the only road Lt. with integrity and sense.

05-20-2008, 10:27 PM
The First Amendment normally does not apply to your employer. It refers to the government regulating speech and religion. Your employer generally has the right to limit what you can and cannot talk about at work.

Just be careful, guys.

05-20-2008, 10:41 PM
only if its job disruptive-or offensive to coworkers!!

05-21-2008, 01:57 AM
What a bunch of cry babies. "Its not fair", "look what they did". "poor me". "look at me", "see what I did" "notice me". I will let you in on the secret: the people who get promoted, the people who get a break, the people who catch a favor are the EXACT same people who mind their own, work hard, dont whine and cry and do a little extra once in a while. And before you say I am wrong, that you too do all those things and still get screwed, guess what? YOU ARE WRONG!

05-21-2008, 02:00 AM
couldnt be farther from the truth, stop brainwashing yourself,we all know better roger :roll:

05-21-2008, 02:35 AM
Gee whiz, geez , Next thing you'll tell us is soto earned her spot!!

05-21-2008, 02:38 AM
Won't be long until a girl from Kansas lands a house on her too 8)

05-21-2008, 04:17 PM
Gee whiz, geez , Next thing you'll tell us is soto earned her spot!!

worst supervisor at FMPD: "J.S", clueless, didn't test for detective division originally, just got knocked up and made her way in, was only promotted because she's female, created so many problems during the only patrol shift she ever supervised, all her officers hated her and couldn't wait for her to leave, backstabber, moody, lazy, a** kisser, on top of that she screwed with a top notch veteran homicide detective so bad that he resigned after 22 years, thanks for all your hard work detective sgt, you know exactly how you got upthere!! (and we know exactly who's going to defend her) certainly didn't deserve her spot, another bad & political promotion by admin

05-21-2008, 04:45 PM
Horrible choice,i couldn't agree with you more,right on the money