PDA

View Full Version : Finish what you start

05-17-2008, 02:03 AM
This question goes out to FWC leadership. Why don't you ever follow through on anything? Let's look at a few examples

Accreditation: nope, still don't got it.
Physical Assessment: When did we start this?
Mentoring program: That's gone by the wayside.
SOG Teams: Barely hear anything about 'em.
K9: Do we still have any?
Functioning radios: Ma-com=Ma-call.
Assault rifles: still not issued statewide.
Residency requirements: nothing in writing.

Either nothing moves towards completion or it's put out into the field un finished.

05-17-2008, 04:55 PM
AMEN. you forgot one thing or maybe I just did not recieve it. What about the Lt assesment center,anyone heir anything about that? I remember seeing a memo from capt otwell that it was going to be the first of juneand info was going to be forwarded about what was going to be done. NOTHING yet. you know that is going to put atleast 100 officers in tally at the same time.so much for the motto PATROL,PROTECT AND PRESERVE. with all of the mandatory meetings and hoops you have to go through to promote it should be PATROL WHEN WE GET AROUND TO IT,PROTECT ONLY IF THE BIOLOGIST AGREE. AND PRESERVE EVERY LITTLE PLAN THAT IS IN STYLE RIGHT NOW.

05-19-2008, 11:48 PM
man, you must work for a terrible bunch of supervisors. according to my chain, I have specific knowledge about each of the topics you referenced. The accreditation mock assessments start tomorrow, we did the first physical assessments last year and my region had a 80% participation rate with the vast majority passing 50% Cooper. The mentoring program is still going for those that are serious participants. The SOG teams are participating in several pretty neat initiatives that include setting a national training standard for waterborne response teams related to maritme domestic security threats. Our K-9 teams are kicking butt here. There are only about 150 officers that are yet to recieve their rifles and training (the rifles are here, but we are waiting on the training). And last, if you will look at the past practice during the last year, all reassignments and promotional opportunities have been advertised with the new residency requirement. My supervisor told us that the policy would be signed as a final within the next week. But we are cool anyway, because the new policy is still being applied. You may want to challenge your immediate supervisor on what he has been telling you. I'm glad I work where I do and hope your COC starts informing you better.

05-20-2008, 12:00 AM
Challange my supervisor? Initiatives? You've been reading too many management books. Whenever something doesn't get handed down to the field it always gets blamed on the supervisors. Well if the supervisors don't get the information then who fault is it then?

Isn't this the third accreditation mock assessment?
How long does it take to hand out rifles? By the way, some of the officers don't even have proper rifle racks.
Yes, we did the first physical assessments too. Guess what? Half of the people that showed up cound not even perticipate because their blood pressure was too high. Actually it wasn't. The people in charge had never even tested the new BP cuffs. The all read high.
I know people on the SOG teams, in reality very little is being done.
Residency requirements will be signed next week. Wow, that only took 5+ years.

Either a colonel wrote that last post or I would like to know where you work.

05-20-2008, 12:03 AM
And what about Ma-com?