PDA

View Full Version : Time to move forward

05-16-2008, 03:38 AM
As this proposal is put to rest, it is time to move forward. I don't think it is a "we won" deal I believe it is just affirmation that the department is a good dept.. I do not want admin to think there is gloating or arrogance on the part of the employees. We the employees obviously care about the city and its people or we would have not fought this idea.
We pursued an outcome and were lucky that our views were well received. Let this be a lesson for both of us.
The administration needs to COMMUNICATE!!!. If we had these ideas out there instead of all the secrecy we could have explored the possibilities and none of this would have been necessary. The idea would have been shown to have little merit. The secret agent stuff makes us not trust any admin idea. I know I will never trust anything as far as face value. We have been lied to and we will remember it.
The lesson for the troops is BE VIGILANT!!! This won't be the last time something sneaky is tried by whoever. If the future leaders are part of the administration now, we need to watch them for they have shown not to be forthcoming and tend to do the back room dealing that is not good for us.

05-17-2008, 12:55 AM
As this proposal is put to rest, it is time to move forward. I don't think it is a "we won" deal I believe it is just affirmation that the department is a good dept.. I do not want admin to think there is gloating or arrogance on the part of the employees. We the employees obviously care about the city and its people or we would have not fought this idea.
We pursued an outcome and were lucky that our views were well received. Let this be a lesson for both of us.
The administration needs to COMMUNICATE!!!. If we had these ideas out there instead of all the secrecy we could have explored the possibilities and none of this would have been necessary. The idea would have been shown to have little merit. The secret agent stuff makes us not trust any admin idea. I know I will never trust anything as far as face value. We have been lied to and we will remember it.
The lesson for the troops is BE VIGILANT!!! This won't be the last time something sneaky is tried by whoever. If the future leaders are part of the administration now, we need to watch them for they have shown not to be forthcoming and tend to do the back room dealing that is not good for us.

Welcome to politics..

05-22-2008, 03:44 PM
According to the recent sheriff's office staff meeting minutes posted yesterday which is public record it appears it's not over. Might want to check into it.