PDA

View Full Version : No problem

05-15-2008, 04:23 PM
I'm not going to stir up an old post. But I just want you guys and girls to know that I have the most respect for other Law Enforcement Officers. I don't care where you work. I don't look at it like we are above the law and we can do whatever we want and not expect to face the consequences. I look at it like your a law enforcement officer, you deserve respect. Therefore I wouldn't give you a ticket or arrest you but look out for you.

Here is the problem these days, police officers aren't being shown the respect that they deserve. That's why people try us the way that they do and call and complain about us and even go as far as try and kill us. I'm on the same team-I'm a police officer-I will show respect for all law enforcement officers. Now don't get me wrong when I pull you over, I am going to walk up to your car and act firm with you. That's because I don't know who you are. Don't take that as "he's a ****!" I don't walk up to cars that I stop acting like a clown or someone that is "easy". When I get up to the car my senses take over- I dont know if its scent or just inutition about the stop, any other of my 5 senses. But I know right away how things are going to turn out. So if I walk up firm don't get firm with me, just understand that's just my front. Bottom line is people don't show police officers respect, police officers aren't showing police officers respect. And police officers don't know how to act around other police officers. Take 20 seconds and introduce yourself whenever interacting with another police officer. Even if you deal with the same police officer on a daily basis, shake hands with him or her and tell them your name again. People forget. Make friends. You don't have to hang out with them outside of work unless you want to.

State Trooper

P.s. I have stopped Pasco Deputies, Tampa Police, Pinellas County, Clearwater police, TIA police, Hernando Deputies, FBI, NJ cops, NY Cops, NYPD, Hillsborough deputies, Brooksville police, Plant City, Dade City, FDLE, St Pete cops,Boarder Patrol, Customs and they have never gotten a ticket from me. (Maybe I work for troop C. hmmmm)