PDA

View Full Version : Cops ordered off a city street

05-15-2008, 04:14 AM
Has anyone else heard that management has ordered the traffic unit to stop enforcing traffic laws on a major city street? Is that even legal? Word is that NE 3 Ave is off limits. What has happened to this department?

05-15-2008, 11:28 AM
Apparently an assistant city manager travels that road. He has already been given a speeding ticket and doeas not want to chance another one. These idiots need to go. Patrolman should check out a radar gun and replace the motors

05-15-2008, 12:25 PM
We are all "City of Ft. Lauderdale" Police Officers. This means that anywhere in the city is fair game for us to do our jobs. We are cops and should do our job regardless.

05-15-2008, 12:31 PM
I have not heard of this. When did this actually occur and who is the ACM ordering it? I will research it and find out and report it back so you have the truth. No joke, no kidding.

05-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Hebert

05-16-2008, 02:58 AM
Unbelievable, isn't it? But I can verify that this is true and that the officers were indeed ordered by their supervisors NOT to enforce violations on that stretch of road. If there is any LEGAL and reasonable cause for this I'd sure like to know. (I'm sure there isn't one) And by the way, this is the Second time that this nonsense has happened. The first time was a ban from enforcing traffic on SE 17th street. (could it be because Gretsas doesn't want to risk another ticket?) All nonsense. These officers should have never been given this order as it should have been shot down by the chief's office when the call came from city hall. (But then again, when was the last time the chief's office ever said NO to this regime?)

05-16-2008, 01:22 PM
corruption

05-17-2008, 01:29 AM
See previous post, it is correct!!

05-17-2008, 04:27 AM
If true, it certainly shouldn't surprise anyone.

05-17-2008, 07:09 AM
scooter boy.....

05-17-2008, 07:13 AM
lets make Andrews Ave in front of city hall a place where are you guaranteed to get a ticket or two.......remember, anything six miles over is fair and legal game!!!! :cop:

05-19-2008, 10:10 PM
Apparently an assistant city manager travels that road. He has already been given a speeding ticket and doeas not want to chance another one. These idiots need to go. Patrolman should check out a radar gun and replace the motors

The radars at police supply do not work thats why they do not get used. They are from 1940.

05-19-2008, 10:17 PM
Unbelievable, isn't it? But I can verify that this is true and that the officers were indeed ordered by their supervisors NOT to enforce violations on that stretch of road. If there is any LEGAL and reasonable cause for this I'd sure like to know. (I'm sure there isn't one) And by the way, this is the Second time that this nonsense has happened. The first time was a ban from enforcing traffic on SE 17th street. (could it be because Gretsas doesn't want to risk another ticket?) All nonsense. These officers should have never been given this order as it should have been shot down by the chief's office when the call came from city hall. (But then again, when was the last time the chief's office ever said NO to this regime?)

Its absolutely true !!!!!!!!!!!!

These guys run the city like a currupt 1960 government, this is why officers have voted no confidence in them. They want what they want enforced, not what the community needs.

05-20-2008, 02:40 AM
Cool, now I know where I can fly w/o worry. Man I sure hope there are no mva's due to excessive speed there..........

05-20-2008, 09:52 PM
Cool, now I know where I can fly w/o worry. Man I sure hope there are no mva's due to excessive speed there..........

why you doosh bag

05-20-2008, 10:17 PM
[/quote]

The radars at police supply do not work thats why they do not get used. They are from 1940.[/quote]

How about the fact that no one here is radar certified anyways? Or when do we have the time to run radar or laser.

05-22-2008, 12:15 AM
I promised you I would verify the "rumor". It is true and as I heard today, was discussed and asked at the Operations Staff Meeting. Two different roads were mentioned, NE 3 Ave and SE 17 Street leading onto the beach. . .guess who lives there?

Either way, it is a travesty and absolute "Tamany Hall" tactics obstructing sworn police officers from doing their jobs! This is being followed up by Union President JL and Chief Steward MT. Text messages are the loop hole to find out the truth and the City leadership is fighting the request to see their private communications from City cell phones.

Make sure JL and MT do not let this one go. . . . . It really sucks to have leadership that practices a "do as I say and not as I do" attitude. Ethics and morality are not even considered. DISGRACE!!!

05-22-2008, 03:11 AM
This stuff has gone on for years and sadly probable will here.