PDA

View Full Version : Did you say thank you????

05-14-2008, 06:40 AM
I recall not to long ago that the agency was going to start recognizing agents/employees for the hard and good work they do. I know agents statewide who have never recieved anything from this agency for hard work and a job well done, but have plenty of letters of appreciation and accommodation from other agencies while working for ABT. I know most of us don't do the job for recognition, but a small pat on the back or a letter in the old file would be nice every once in a while. It would be sad to go for another five years having never received a thank you from the Division but lots from the local sheriff and chiefs. Thank you ABT even if you don't appreciate us, your humble servants.

05-14-2008, 08:56 PM
I recall not to long ago that the agency was going to start recognizing agents/employees for the hard and good work they do. I know agents statewide who have never recieved anything from this agency for hard work and a job well done, but have plenty of letters of appreciation and accommodation from other agencies while working for ABT. I know most of us don't do the job for recognition, but a small pat on the back or a letter in the old file would be nice every once in a while. It would be sad to go for another five years having never received a thank you from the Division but lots from the local sheriff and chiefs. Thank you ABT even if you don't appreciate us, your humble servants.
OK, your point is well taken. Thank you.

Cyndi

05-14-2008, 09:00 PM

OK, this is a test. I recall not _____ long ago that the agency

Test: Which to should be used" to
too
two?

To those of you who pass the test.........thank you.

05-14-2008, 11:49 PM
You answered your own question.............No hard work or good work means NO recognition.

05-16-2008, 12:47 AM
Not sure but i think the writer was saying the locals give more thanks than this place. I know i have several letters from surrounding county sheriff's but never once have i received any written thank you from this place. Oh well!

05-16-2008, 08:16 PM
Not sure but i think the writer was saying the locals give more thanks than this place. I know i have several letters from surrounding county sheriff's but never once have i received any written thank you from this place. Oh well!

Kind of reminds me of giving someone a break to get out into traffic and they don't flash their lights, don't raise their hands in thanks, don't shoot a bird, say kiss my *ass or anything. My partner used to say to me "if the only reason you let them out in traffic was to get a thank you then you shouldn't have let them out." I guess it kinda of like what we're saying her. Oh well.

PS: thanks for reading my post.

05-18-2008, 04:30 PM
just to address, you get paid, retirement bennies, hourly money, a chance to drive on their gas and get things done, you eat on their time,
love when you guys eat with your guns out and bdges shinning sitting around for an hour or more, doing what collecting money.
Thank you, the letters come from others becuase they do not pay you.
please go out into the real world and try to do what you do now.
Take from someone who can not get on again, for all those years of letters, complaining, getting raise after raise, promotions, and all that stuff, now what.
Its gone, and you keep complainig about cars 5%, details you shouldn't get to begin with, danm you don't even have uniforms. Details for traffic,
in an unmarked car no uniform, what a joke.
All in all you have it GREAT, no response needed, just nod your head.

05-18-2008, 09:25 PM
I'm not sure how you obtain your information on the subject, but I have a marked unit, a class A,B,C and D uniform, and all the off duty I can stand at 50.00 an hour.

05-19-2008, 01:19 AM
Agents and others reading these posts should take note:
1) Your reward for doing this job is the service that you provide to others in the State of Florida.
2) You took an Oath and you didn't take it to get a thank you card; you took it because others were too weak or too busy or too cowardly or too unskilled to take on the responsibility of holding back that thin blue line.
3) That Oath was the greatest thing you ever did. You may never get the thanks your actions deserve; that fact doesn't change the heroic nature of your committment.
4) People repeatedly try to misstate and tear down that committment; they will try to portray you as using your badge for discount meals or off duty work. That is a small portion of the truth, bent and twisted to mislead.
5) Lt. Col. Dave Grossman has stated while lecturing that 98% of the public is unwilling to ever, ever, ever use force to prevent themselves or others from being victimized. You are part of the 2% that is willing. There is no reward per se for being willing; actually you open yourself up for loads of liability and responsibility.
6) You are probably that person in your family that was cut out for this work from the beginning. You were the kid the teacher left in charge of the classroom when she had to go to the office in 3rd grade. You had the safety vest and helped the littler kids across the street after school. You were in charge of getting the athletic equipment handed out when you played team sports. Chances are, no one's surprised that you took on this responsibility. You are being who God wanted you to be. I may be describing you. You make it look easy. But we both know it is not easy.

05-23-2008, 03:50 AM
Awesome response! Now, if you could just get this knuckleheads running this agency to say something like that, you will have accomplished something. Well said!

05-24-2008, 11:36 PM
Yo Unrecognized:

“The reward of a thing well done
is to have done it.”

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

but "thank you" anyway.

05-25-2008, 07:40 PM
Now that FHP has a 6% pay raise guess who's the lowest paid state law enforcement agency? Hint: It is part of DBPR, the lowest paid nonsworn employees in the state.

05-26-2008, 02:12 PM
Now that FHP has a 6% pay raise guess who's the lowest paid state law enforcement agency? Hint: It is part of DBPR, the lowest paid nonsworn employees in the state.

I didn't know FWC worked for DBPR?

05-29-2008, 03:48 AM

I didn't know FWC worked for DBPR?

Dude, that was harsh! But true...