PDA

View Full Version : We Need A Change

05-11-2008, 06:56 PM
I have been sitting back and watching, and to be honest waiting for a solid labor strategy to be developed by P.B.A. The union leadership claims to have been shut down by the School District for the last five years. I have not attended any of these contract talks, so I am unable to say what the true cause is. But I know if issues of officer safety were addressed, and the School District does not act to correct them, they are negligent by law. The plan the P.B.A represenitives have announced has been hap-hazard and very un-organized. School Police representatives have not been able to give answers on strategies, and have published writings(Read the blogs posted by PBCSD PBA representitives) that they don’t really know what the P.B.A. is doing. I have been employed here seven years and have never seen a contract benefits plan before negotiations, Do you really know what has been bargained for?

(1). Do we have a political action committee?

(2). What politicians are we supporting and why?

(3). What are we asking for in the next contract?

(4). Do we have research to support it?

Do We Have A Plan?

Does anyone know what is really happening?

I think we should get rid of some of our current PBA represenitives, re-build our PBA union, if that does not work, then we need a new union. Please check out the FOP website, what future do we have without a realistic plan,

Please supply your opinion, we need a positive honest response, please hold you venom as it serves no purpose. This is our future....[/b]If we want the best, we must be represented by the best.

05-11-2008, 07:28 PM
I have said this over 2 years ago on this message board. I am an Officer here and I have Sgt's. as my reps for the PBA? I agree, lets get them out and start over, its pretty obvious what we have is not working, count me in!!! I am continually asking myself, how could the officers at this department let this happen for years, and years. Its no surprise the state our department is in.

05-11-2008, 07:52 PM
Blogzilla agrees with the two previously posted blogs, but now is not the time to change the Reps or bad mouth them. What we need to do is get everyone on board with what it is that WE want to accomplish. Let's start a dialogue with the Reps and let them know how WE feel and what it is that WE want. Bashing, disparaging or disrespecting is not going to accomplish anything other than foster more animosity. Yes this department needs to wake up and realize that the PBA does not have OUR best interest at heart.

05-11-2008, 09:16 PM
Blogzilla agrees with the two previously posted blogs, but now is not the time to change the Reps or bad mouth them. What we need to do is get everyone on board with what it is that WE want to accomplish. Let's start a dialogue with the Reps and let them know how WE feel and what it is that WE want. Bashing, disparaging or disrespecting is not going to accomplish anything other than foster more animosity. Yes this department needs to wake up and realize that the PBA does not have OUR best interest at heart.

This political action plan they have, if everything went perfect, and the people elected did support us, we are talking about years before we would see results. Let’s re-organize the board with competent representation NOW; we have to develop a strong strategy before the next contract. With that new contract AJ has, and the economic problems being faced by law enforcement state wide, it is time to re-organize and become stronger; we should be in our planning stages. This is business, and we need a business plan, a strong business plan drawn up by professionals, we can't oust AJ, but we can get rid of some of our PBA representatives. All these years of negotiation, and two meetings ago, the PBA finds out we use our personnel vehicles for police work. We need change NOW.

05-12-2008, 02:33 AM
Think about it. If the majority of the rank and file feel the same way then you owe it to yourselves and the reps to initiate some sort of dialogue before it gets any worse. You must understand that you will have numerous people stating that they seek and want change but when it comes time to step up and be counted they turn and run with their tails between the legs. If for a fact you know that there are more members of this department that shares the same sentiment as you then this needs to be addressed. You should find which of the present reps you feel comfortable relating to and mention this to them. To be honest with you I dont think the PBA of Palm Beach County or our current reps have the sophistication to deal with an entity such as the District. I am sure they try to do their level best with what skills they have but obviously this is not enough. You are totally correct there has not been a plan of action at least not one they have presented to the members of this department. This has been the problem in the past and is currently the problem now. Our reps have to understand that they suppose to speak for us, but how can they speak for us when they dont speak to us.

05-12-2008, 10:22 PM
I say this is the most the PBA has done for the PD in years, and lets not forget the turnout and support from the officers internally has always been lacking until recently. I am for the PBA, and allowing them this one last shot at trying to make things right. Instead of complaining here we should all be at the PBA meetings participating in the actual meeting. I know for a fact BW will listen to any concerns you have. Then again maybe its time to relelect our reps, but BW should stay for sure!!

05-12-2008, 11:34 PM
I say this is the most the PBA has done for the PD in years, and lets not forget the turnout and support from the officers internally has always been lacking until recently. I am for the PBA, and allowing them this one last shot at trying to make things right. Instead of complaining here we should all be at the PBA meetings participating in the actual meeting. I know for a fact BW will listen to any concerns you have. Then again maybe its time to relelect our reps, but BW should stay for sure!!

I agree BL,GC, and HR should stay, the rest should go. What have they done for us? The reason we are fighting, we have not received anything. I am only one person, maybe not important in the big picture, so change my mind.
What have they done positive for this department? A couple of them survive by being snitches, listen to their conversations, they can't go for more than five minutes without talking bad about someone. We need change, this is not working.

05-12-2008, 11:45 PM
All I am saying is that if you feel so strongly about the lack of success of your reps in dealing with the District then you should step up and tell them. No matter how negative you perceive their work or lack of work they deserve to be told personally how you feel. I still stand by my conviction that it is not the time to change them because basically we are or should be in mid-negotiation. Let them see this potential contract issues resolved then we should decide what we will do. Until then lets do our collective best to encourage and promote a better work environment.

05-13-2008, 12:04 PM
The PBA is finished riding this horse called School Police. They have tied us to the post and went their merry way. You see they have some problems in their own house that needs tending too, such as those deputies that are under investigation with more soon to follow. Seems like busy times ahead for them, no time for us. But just keep paying yoour dues they will always accept it.

05-13-2008, 10:49 PM
I have no ill feelings towards the PBA, they have negotiated some pretty good contracts in Palm Beach County. Palm Beach County has historically been run by the “Good Ole Boy Network” and was a difficult conquer for police unions. But these are the facts:

We attacked the Superintendent of Schools with little research, minimal facts, with mailings which have gained little respect, or attention from the general public. If this venue was a success, currently what support system do we maintain. We attempted a hap-hazard attempt at political action, ignoring the basic principals of political science,
Result: The Superintendent receives glowing public media reviews, gets an extended contract. He becomes invincible. Media publishes negative union publicity.
The Chief of police opens his door, offers an open forum, and puts himself accountable for needed improvements, The PBA representatives close that door, and attempt to vote out a representative appointed by the PBA to address and improve negotiations. The attempt to vote him out was done with Malice, with no substance of fact.
Result: First line of communication is splintered worse than ever, was it noticed that none of these representatives spoke out addressing the problems, some were actually observed ducking behind chairs. One has a reputation of providing information to the administration, to the union advantage, most is fabricated.
PBA representatives flood the agency with lies and mis-information, creating internet blogs, hiding true agenda’s, and splitting the union by publishing false information. Read the information published by representatives in these LEO forums. This is not the fault of the PBA, they can only act on the information received. Count how many times in these blogs representatives blame others, misrepresent the facts, and the most alarming fact, they publish union business for public consumption and review. Count how many attacks are made followed by apologies to the Chief. Read them closely, and make up your own mind.
Result: A very splintered union

Strong labor tactics are a disaster during hard economic times, how the recommended publicizing of the agencies success, crime statistics, and community relations turned into a political witch hunt is still not understood. The only realistic explanation is that members with personnel agenda have guided the PBA to a campaign based on hate, and not education or experience. The blogs claim the PBA is a leaderless group.
Result: Due to all the misinformation, no one knows what the facts are. No educated strategy can be developed without fact.

The hopes of going Green, more misinformation, based on personnel agenda.
Result: False sense of problem resolution. I wish the best for our membership, I hope we can re-group and become stronger and respected, I have a pension, a pretty good one, my only wish or agenda is that the PBA, or the FOP can give my brothers in BLUE the same. We need responsible, educated leadership……now

05-14-2008, 12:02 AM
[quote="It's your career"]I have no ill feelings towards the PBA, they have negotiated some pretty good contracts in Palm Beach County. Palm Beach County has historically been run by the “Good Ole Boy Network” and was a difficult conquer for police unions. But these are the facts:

Its my career? Thanks I didnt know that! Oh and the one appointed??? was APPOINTED! I didnt elect him, seems a lil lopsided sond you think??? ALSO the Chief is a uniion buster and only watches out for himself and that 150 thousand he makes a year!! How do you explain the few meetings he had with only special people in certain zones trying to sway them to vote for that contract, COME ON WAKE UP! ZERO communication from him down the chain of command! AND I MISSED where the Chief "puts himself accountable for needed improvements" He needs to go, AJ needs to go, and you need to go! and take that appointed PBA rep with you. PLUS THE PBA REPS TRIED TO ADDRESS ISSUES AND THE BOARD JUST DOES NOT LISTEN OR ENTERTAIN THEIR TIME. GO BACK FROM UNDER THE ROCK YOU LIVE UNDER!

05-14-2008, 12:30 AM
I have no ill feelings towards the PBA, they have negotiated some pretty good contracts in Palm Beach County. Palm Beach County has historically been run by the “Good Ole Boy Network” and was a difficult conquer for police unions. But these are the facts:

Its my career? Thanks I didnt know that! Oh and the one appointed??? was APPOINTED! I didnt elect him, seems a lil lopsided sond you think??? ALSO the Chief is a uniion buster and only watches out for himself and that 150 thousand he makes a year!! How do you explain the few meetings he had with only special people in certain zones trying to sway them to vote for that contract, COME ON WAKE UP! ZERO communication from him down the chain of command! AND I MISSED where the Chief "puts himself accountable for needed improvements" He needs to go, AJ needs to go, and you need to go! and take that appointed PBA rep with you. PLUS THE PBA REPS TRIED TO ADDRESS ISSUES AND THE BOARD JUST DOES NOT LISTEN OR ENTERTAIN THEIR TIME. GO BACK FROM UNDER THE ROCK YOU LIVE UNDER!

Thanks for the evidence of incompetence, if the uneducated keep speaking, decision making will be easier for the rest. By the way, is that emotion or anger due to your outstanding career, the Chief has an open door, tell him how you feel, that is the only way change will occur. Please membership is this the writing of a leader you want to follow. Rest my case.

05-14-2008, 01:31 AM

Thanks for the evidence of incompetence, if the uneducated keep speaking, decision making will be easier for the rest. By the way, is that emotion or anger due to your outstanding career, the Chief has an open door, tell him how you feel, that is the only way change will occur. Please membership is this the writing of a leader you want to follow. Rest my case.

Spanky and his gang needs to go.

05-14-2008, 03:51 AM
The blogger titled' It's your career" is dead on. Finally someone has something of substance to add to this thread that should get people thinking but look at the attack that was delivered. This department is suffering because of the ignorant and undereducated people such as the incompetent blogger that responded in such a negative fashion. You obviously have some serious issues within yourself. You are angry and Blogzilla knows why. It's not the job or the people you work with, it's not even the Chief with his lack of support you accuse him of. If you were a Deputy you would find something to ***** about. You see cowardly blogger the source of your anger is right there..... in the mirror. Every morning when you get up you relive the nightmare which is your life. This is why you are so angry, it is difficult for you to deal with the shame of which is you. You were the guy in high school that sat in the corner with no friends and who I made buy me lunch everyday just so you could feel useful. You are angry because your children look at you and are ashamed, not because you are their father but because you fathered them. Your anger consumes you to the point that your life subsists on fantasies like wishing you were a PBSO employee. You are angry because your spouse is in excess of 300 lbs and gaining by the hour. But dont fret she does have a nice personality. What angers you the most is that you read the other bloggers like the one you bashed and wished you could have said what they wrote. But what really gets your goat is the fact that the closest you will ever come to being a man is when I allow you to shake my hand. You see the source of your anger has everything to do with your own ineptness and lack of self respect. You are ashamed of who you are and you dont have the inner fortitude to change for the better. This is why you dream of green and hope that they take over this department because you know that you cannot get there on your own....another of your failures. So dont be angry be prepared to serve this county and the District as you wear BLUE.

05-14-2008, 03:57 AM
OK for Blogzilla you might be on to something. Just a thought someone said the chief is a UNION buster hhhmmmn in a right to work state where there are NO unions how can you bust them. The person that said this is a true moron. I hope you dont procreate.

05-14-2008, 04:00 AM

We attacked the Superintendent of Schools with little research, minimal facts, with mailings which have gained little respect, or attention from the general public. If this venue was a success, currently what support system do we maintain. We attempted a hap-hazard attempt at political action, ignoring the basic principals of political science,
Result: The Superintendent receives glowing public media reviews, gets an extended contract. He becomes invincible. Media publishes negative union publicity.
The Chief of police opens his door, offers an open forum, and puts himself accountable for needed improvements, The PBA representatives close that door, and attempt to vote out a representative appointed by the PBA to address and improve negotiations. The attempt to vote him out was done with Malice, with no substance of fact.
Result: First line of communication is splintered worse than ever, was it noticed that none of these representatives spoke out addressing the problems, some were actually observed ducking behind chairs. One has a reputation of providing information to the administration, to the union advantage, most is fabricated.
PBA representatives flood the agency with lies and mis-information, creating internet blogs, hiding true agenda’s, and splitting the union by publishing false information. Read the information published by representatives in these LEO forums. This is not the fault of the PBA, they can only act on the information received. Count how many times in these blogs representatives blame others, misrepresent the facts, and the most alarming fact, they publish union business for public consumption and review. Count how many attacks are made followed by apologies to the Chief. Read them closely, and make up your own mind.
Result: A very splintered union

Strong labor tactics are a disaster during hard economic times, how the recommended publicizing of the agencies success, crime statistics, and community relations turned into a political witch hunt is still not understood. The only realistic explanation is that members with personnel agenda have guided the PBA to a campaign based on hate, and not education or experience. The blogs claim the PBA is a leaderless group.
Result: Due to all the misinformation, no one knows what the facts are. No educated strategy can be developed without fact.

The hopes of going Green, more misinformation, based on personnel agenda.
Result: False sense of problem resolution. I wish the best for our membership, I hope we can re-group and become stronger and respected, I have a pension, a pretty good one, my only wish or agenda is that the PBA, or the FOP can give my brothers in BLUE the same. We need responsible, educated leadership……now

People this is awesome and insightful we need more dialogue like this.

05-14-2008, 12:03 PM
I am tired of the infighting. I am tired of blogzilla talking about how much better he is than the rest of us. Say what you have to say leave the rest out. Just because someone does not believe the way you do does not make them an uneducated jerk. If you are so smart then you step up run for office and lead us ignorant people to the light.

05-14-2008, 07:57 PM
I am tired of the infighting. I am tired of blogzilla talking about how much better he is than the rest of us. Say what you have to say leave the rest out. Just because someone does not believe the way you do does not make them an uneducated jerk. If you are so smart then you step up run for office and lead us ignorant people to the light.

I agree, we need change, enough is enough.

05-14-2008, 08:55 PM
You are right, we do need change. I find it sad to read peoples replys to other peoples views they post. I mean if some one does not agree, they have a right to speak their mind and not be called a jerk for it. I refuse to resort to name calling. After reading these posts a majority of the most recent blogs and bloggers are rude, and their ideas are not the same as mine, but I repect them. I dont understand why we cant focus on the topic of this specific post, which I have forgotten already....

05-14-2008, 09:02 PM
The blogger titled' It's your career" is dead on. Finally someone has something of substance to add to this thread that should get people thinking but look at the attack that was delivered. This department is suffering because of the ignorant and undereducated people such as the incompetent blogger that responded in such a negative fashion. You obviously have some serious issues within yourself. You are angry and Blogzilla knows why. It's not the job or the people you work with, it's not even the Chief with his lack of support you accuse him of. If you were a Deputy you would find something to ***** about. You see cowardly blogger the source of your anger is right there..... in the mirror. Every morning when you get up you relive the nightmare which is your life. This is why you are so angry, it is difficult for you to deal with the shame of which is you. You were the guy in high school that sat in the corner with no friends and who I made buy me lunch everyday just so you could feel useful. You are angry because your children look at you and are ashamed, not because you are their father but because you fathered them. Your anger consumes you to the point that your life subsists on fantasies like wishing you were a PBSO employee. You are angry because your spouse is in excess of 300 lbs and gaining by the hour. But dont fret she does have a nice personality. What angers you the most is that you read the other bloggers like the one you bashed and wished you could have said what they wrote. But what really gets your goat is the fact that the closest you will ever come to being a man is when I allow you to shake my hand. You see the source of your anger has everything to do with your own ineptness and lack of self respect. You are ashamed of who you are and you dont have the inner fortitude to change for the better. This is why you dream of green and hope that they take over this department because you know that you cannot get there on your own....another of your failures. So dont be angry be prepared to serve this county and the District as you wear BLUE.

GREAT POST, COULD YOU BE ANY MORE RUDE AND ANGRY? MY GOODNESS, ONE MINUTE YOU ARE PREACHING ABOUT "lets do our collective best to encourage and promote a better work environment." NOW THIS? YOU MUST BE BIPOLAR, PEOPLE STAY AWAY, STAY FAR FAR AWAY. DO NOT BE FOOLED, LOOK AT HIS POSTS, THEY SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES.

05-14-2008, 09:30 PM
In response to that nice guest blogger who could not even take the time to come up with a user name. No I am NOT Bi-polar I have been diagnosed and certified with multiple personalities. But dont you fret none I am on my meds which I take religiously. Yes I preach for unity and cohesiveness within our ranks. Than venomous blog you are referring to was well deserved by the recipient. Yeah I know it was harsh but it still was truthful. I thank you for appreciating it. Just because one is a lunatic doesnt mean they cant voice their opinions, thoughts or the truth.

05-15-2008, 03:08 AM

Now, Now, Tiredofitall you obviously dont have good reading comprehension. If you take the time to read every blog that was posted by Blogzilla you will see that I never stated the obvious. There is no need for me to say something that everyone can readily see. You and your cronies prove my point everytime you attempt to respond to something that is posted. You see Tired you made this statement because you realize it was true. Dont be angry just be thankful that people like myself are tolerant enough to allow you to even exist. The reason you are tired is not from all of the infighting and back stabbing that is posted on this thread but the simple fact is you have been losing sleep staying awake at nights just wishing you were somewhere different or someone else. I dont call anyone uneducated or a jerk they prove it all by themselves when they attempt to blog on this thread. My opinion is just that MY OPINION, dont try to attack me because I tell it like it is. The people that take the time to entertain themselves by reading this thread realizes who the idiots are and yes Tired if the shoe fits you may wear it. So do yourself a huge favor get some sleep and rethink about your feeble attempt to disparage me, seriously you are not intellectually equipped to step to me. As for the others no Blogzilla is no where near perfect but will always tell it like it is

05-15-2008, 11:26 AM
I do not have time to go through all of your venomous blogs to point out the fact that you fill space with criticizing people and their views without offering any substance or solutions of your own. You would be an excellent candidate for the Democratic Presidential nomination. You seem to have taken a page straight from their playbook. I guess it is an attempt by you to seem as if you have something to add without actually adding anything.
The point of the post was not as you took it so maybe you need to work on your reading comprehension. The point was and is if you are so great step up and lead, not as you think a need to sleep better because I am not as intellectual as you think you are.

05-15-2008, 01:07 PM
Dude you are such a loser! Do you NOT know who I am. I already lead you and this was by your own choosing. Figure it out yet? Dont hurt yourself or lose anymore sleep trying.

05-15-2008, 01:40 PM
I do not have time to go through all of your venomous blogs to point out the fact that you fill space with criticizing people and their views without offering any substance or solutions of your own. You would be an excellent candidate for the Democratic Presidential nomination. You seem to have taken a page straight from their playbook. I guess it is an attempt by you to seem as if you have something to add without actually adding anything.
The point of the post was not as you took it so maybe you need to work on your reading comprehension. The point was and is if you are so great step up and lead, not as you think a need to sleep better because I am not as intellectual as you think you are.
You obviously have time on your hands if you are on this site reading and then responding to the blogs. I guess you are too stupid to recognize that.

05-15-2008, 02:05 PM
AHHH the amazement of it all. Yes I am going to cave in to my better judgement and finally post something. Of course those who will respond in a positive or negative fashion may do as they wish, I accept and welcome it all. Let's just clear the air about one thing. I am not professing or claiming to be any smarter than the next man or woman but I AM highly intellectual. With that said this forum is definitely not a place for Rhodes Scholar type of discussion. This is a site that should and can be used for information but has denegrated into a insult laden, venom spewing bashfest. Which is okay because it provides a medium for people to vent their frustrations and I can respect that. My take on some of the constant characters are just that MY perspective. Like the Blogzilla blogger, he/she is obviously intelligent but also filled with rage. They are insightful yet spiteful. Blogzilla is truthful but yet they are freakin insane. I like you anyway Blogmonster. The blogger Str8talk started off strong with a message they attempted to deliver but got frightened away for some reason. My advice to you Str8talk is to keep plugging away if you have something to say and I think you have plenty more. FOP put up a great post and I would like to see more. It's your career What can I say your post was simply fabulous. Tiredof itall well your are obviously not that tired if you know what I mean, you have to realize that you are just like everyone else sorry bud. Now about all those other bloggers, first of all if you cant even use your imagination and create a blog that will stimulate some response other than you personally attacking another for their thoughts or opinion you all are pathetic. Hey let's face it there are no real issues that will ever be resolved on this rag of a website so why get personal. Yes you may insult someone if they deserve it but to just out right call someone out with no justification whatsoever is unacceptable. If anyone post something here they are open game for a response it does not matter if it is positive or negative. But when you initiate an attack on someone without provocation you are wrong. I know for a fact that I am not perfect and I surely do not have all the answers. But if I post something on this site after today you can best believe it will not only be truthful and responsible but responsive in nature. I will not initiate just retaliate. So if you want to post then post that is your first amendment privilege whether you deserve it or not it is provided to you as a citizen of the good old USA and yes even the illegals enjoy the privilege too......yeah yeah life's not fair deal with it.

05-16-2008, 12:21 AM

I must apologize to you, as you represent the failure of the school system, and function of the school police. While you were being bullied as a child, and forced into the paint with macaroni room, the police should have protected you. If you were not so abused, and picked on, you would have not grown up such an angry douche bag. We should have invited you into a PAL program so you understood round is a shape, but not in shape. We could have mentored you, and shared our stories of police brotherhood, so you understood when you grew up, and became a police man, you would understand that the guy in BLUE next to you may have to safe your life. I most commend your special education reading coach, although your grammar and spelling is atrocious, you can compose quite a fable. Your psychology teacher should have explained Freud theory on penis envy, this way you would understand that a tiny man can get along with the big boys, as long as he doesn’t try to display the balls he does not have. Your School Police should have identified your turmoil, hate and rage, and cuddled you, they should have taught you compassion. In history class they should have explained that the civil war is over, the north won, so go on with your life and forgive. We should have worked on your self esteem, so you could control your anger, and hide the fact you an obnoxious load. Your geology teacher should have explained to you, humans don’t live under rocks, but I understand your correlation when your only true friend, your “pet rock” abandoned you. If the school district pulls their police, we will have a county filled with stupid angry pricks such as yourself. This would be a true tragedy.

05-16-2008, 02:07 AM
Wow !!!!! You sound like Blogzilla, I had to read it twice.

05-16-2008, 04:27 AM
[quote="It's your career":l4g8ozet]I have no ill feelings towards the PBA, they have negotiated some pretty good contracts in Palm Beach County. Palm Beach County has historically been run by the “Good Ole Boy Network” and was a difficult conquer for police unions. But these are the facts:

I must apologize to you, as you represent the failure of the school system, and function of the school police. While you were being bullied as a child, and forced into the paint with macaroni room, the police should have protected you. If you were not so abused, and picked on, you would have not grown up such an angry douche bag. We should have invited you into a PAL program so you understood round is a shape, but not in shape. We could have mentored you, and shared our stories of police brotherhood, so you understood when you grew up, and became a police man, you would understand that the guy in BLUE next to you may have to safe your life. I most commend your special education reading coach, although your grammar and spelling is atrocious, you can compose quite a fable. Your psychology teacher should have explained Freud theory on penis envy, this way you would understand that a tiny man can get along with the big boys, as long as he doesn’t try to display the balls he does not have. Your School Police should have identified your turmoil, hate and rage, and cuddled you, they should have taught you compassion. In history class they should have explained that the civil war is over, the north won, so go on with your life and forgive. We should have worked on your self esteem, so you could control your anger, and hide the fact you an obnoxious load. Your geology teacher should have explained to you, humans don’t live under rocks, but I understand your correlation when your only true friend, your “pet rock” abandoned you. If the school district pulls their police, we will have a county filled with stupid angry pricks such as yourself. This would be a true tragedy.[/quote:l4g8ozet]

Let me put it plain and simple, you are a fuc%ing idiot. and so am I