PDA

View Full Version : Activity Reports

05-10-2008, 10:05 AM
Does anyone know how much the new reporting sheets are changing? Does it effect the PFirst codes?

05-10-2008, 11:54 AM
Does anyone know how much the new reporting sheets are changing? Does it effect the PFirst codes? We have had our training. The sheet are good and capture what we do at face value. The only problem is that we were basically told to lie about stats. If we see a boat go by and we tell them to hold up life jacket, then that's a user check. I the the guy teaching it was just as embarrassed telling us to do this.

05-10-2008, 12:55 PM
Does it replace any duplicate reporting stats?

05-10-2008, 10:56 PM
Basically, this new report is for us to pretend to be something that we aren't. It's a big lie in order to make our numbers look better to the legislature. Problem is, morale is so low that even this form wont hide the huge morale problem and lack of motivation in the field.

05-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Welcome to the gfc boys!!!

Claiming water patrol while sitting at a boat ramp in a vehicle and counting boats that pass by as "checks" are both old wide spread gfc practices. Some gfc officers even had hand clickers to keep count of the boats they "checked".

05-12-2008, 11:49 PM
In a Region where the OLD GFC mentality is alive and well; hint: it is in the NORTHWEST; just check out their numbers over a holiday weekend. Particularly check out their USERS checked and Safety inspections. Their numbers are through the roof. Bad system which I believe we will be called on the carpet for.

Pathfinder
05-13-2008, 05:30 AM
In a Region where the OLD GFC mentality is alive and well; hint: it is in the NORTHWEST; just check out their numbers over a holiday weekend. Particularly check out their USERS checked and Safety inspections. Their numbers are through the roof. Bad system which I believe we will be called on the carpet for.

I don't really know what yall's hangup on the old gfc is but I can promise you that it is not hard to get all the user checks and safety inspections you want in the northwest region. We also have the citations and warnings to back them up. In most cases you can sit still and the violators will come to you.

05-13-2008, 12:18 PM
Pathfinder wrote:

"I don't really know what yall's hangup on the old gfc is but I can promise you that it is not hard to get all the user checks and safety inspections you want in the northwest region. We also have the citations and warnings to back them up. In most cases you can sit still and the violators will come to you."

Problem 1: Inflated numbers that are not realistically capturing activity.

Problem 2: Sitting at the boat ramp in a truck is not "water patrol". Water patrol is actually getting in the boat and patrolling on the water.

I can promise you it is not hard to get activity on the water anywhere in the state if you actually get on the water and check boats.

Pathfinder
05-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Pathfinder wrote:

"I don't really know what yall's hangup on the old gfc is but I can promise you that it is not hard to get all the user checks and safety inspections you want in the northwest region. We also have the citations and warnings to back them up. In most cases you can sit still and the violators will come to you."

Problem 1: Inflated numbers that are not realistically capturing activity.

Problem 2: Sitting at the boat ramp in a truck is not "water patrol". Water patrol is actually getting in the boat and patrolling on the water.

I can promise you it is not hard to get activity on the water anywhere in the state if you actually get on the water and check boats.

It is apparent from your statement you have never worked up here!

05-14-2008, 02:48 AM
Nope. Never was assigned up there. But I have worked elsewhere.

It is apparent from my statement that I have seen how quite a few gfc/ new fwc guys conduct water patrol and or account for activity.

Also, I am not saying the FMP was immune to it. But the number of officers doing such was way lower.

05-23-2008, 06:52 PM
Went through the training and it's not that bad. The water patrol % time is still the same as it was for being a "goal." Just going to need glasses after too long with all that info jammed on one page!

06-09-2008, 11:41 PM
Welcome to the gfc boys!!!

Claiming water patrol while sitting at a boat ramp in a vehicle and counting boats that pass by as "checks" are both old wide spread gfc practices. Some gfc officers even had hand clickers to keep count of the boats they "checked".

Thats because we were physically there and checking boats coming in or going by. Not like FMP who used to crank their boats and leave them idling for hours or turn the key on to run up the hours. The clickers help keep our records accurate. I still use one.

21Regal
06-10-2008, 12:02 AM
The water patrlol time is still time in a boat. People are getting that mixed up with the time claimed going to or working shoreline fisheries etc. If it is a busy weekend, rough as he//, and I ask someone on a boat with alot of people on board to hold up enough PFD's to cover everyone, youy darn right I am going to claim it. If conditions permit to do the full monty then that is a better check. The person teaching that class did not tell anyone to lie. If you believe so then you need to get a clue. That Lt Col. is one of the finest people we have had. I have known him from a Sergeant up. In this day and age you have to capture what you are doing. Get used to it.
I just wished the form did not have to be printed out on legal paper.
Flame on--I can take it FNG's