PDA

View Full Version : Where are the new cars?

05-09-2008, 09:28 PM
All the politics and Sgt./Lt. stuff aside, why is it almost 6 months since the SO bought new cars and they havent been issued yet? I saw 3 or 4 good low mileage cars at the main office whe some guys hae over 140,000 miles on their cars? They are driving junk that is costing the Sheriff Office big bucks to keep running. Why is there a brand new unmarked that has done nothing but sat in the parking lot for 4 months? Is Fleet not doing anything but cell phones? Hey, 30 year homicide all-star, get off your big a-s-s and get these cars out to those who need them. Or are you working for "Cell Phone Management?" Aparently Otis isn't too concerned about the cars. Nextels are too important. At least when you break down you can call somebody.

05-09-2008, 09:55 PM
Your starting rumors. Go get some facts on why they are not and then if there is something wrong we will know. Otherwise, you are just wasting time.

05-09-2008, 10:15 PM
Your starting rumors. Go get some facts on why they are not and then if there is something wrong we will know. Otherwise, you are just wasting time.

Where is there any rumors in the original statement? It's called an OPINION. Oh, wait. This is LEO Affairs...

05-10-2008, 11:23 AM
Its not a rumor, its a fact. I was at Donnies yesterday and there were a bunch of new cars there. Some have been fiished for 3 weeks and fleet knows this. those cars were bought in August.

05-10-2008, 02:17 PM
Thanks for confirming that we now have something to cry about.

05-10-2008, 05:22 PM
So has anyone asked why and when? Are we waiting on anything for them or are they 100% ready to go?

05-10-2008, 06:17 PM
Fleet is too busy with Nextels

05-11-2008, 08:06 PM
Wahhhhhhhhh..... I want mine now!!!!

05-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Man all of this whining and complaining. My car has 104,000 miles but NO! I do NOT want a death trap Impala. Maybe its good Lt. Lard don't like me. While ya'll gripe I'll dri :snicker: ve my old junk!

05-13-2008, 07:04 PM
Man all of this whining and complaining. My car has 104,000 miles but NO! I do NOT want a death trap Impala. Maybe its good Lt. Lard don't like me. While ya'll gripe I'll dri :snicker: ve my old junk!

LB got a good deal on hos personal truck for convincing Otis to buy those stupid cars. On the other hand, fleet is too busy doing other stuff to put people in decent cars. I reckon a bunch of parked Impalas are safer in the parking lot. Lazy mother....

05-17-2008, 05:04 PM
Once again I find myself reading comments made by those who have nothing better to do but complain. The Impala is definately not a Crown Vic, but at least its a take home car. They could always make us park them at the office. They could make us share them with someone who smokes, dips or lacks rectel hygiene. Imagine getting into a car with a warm seat and the odor of rotten egg farts. The Impala is probably not the best choice of alternatives to the Crown Vic but it does run, has cold a/c and you get to take it home. Also about fleet. If you have a question about why they are stockpiling cars, call and ask. They will tell you why they are keeping some cars in reserve.