PDA

View Full Version : Chief Brian Phillips is hiring!!!

05-08-2008, 12:31 PM
POLICE OFFICER

The Lamar Police Department is accepting applications for POLICE OFFICER positions. The Lamar Police Department is a highly professional & progressive agency, which offers many opportunities for career development. Lamar Police Department offers an excellent benefit package including health insurance, vacation, sick & retirement benefits.

The selection process includes review of the completed application, written test, psychological evaluation, medical exam, oral board interview, background investigation, CVSA screening & urinalysis/drug screen.

Interested persons should contact Police Administrative Assistant Berta Downing to obtain an application and any additional information. Please contact Berta Downing at the Lamar Police Department, 505 South Main Street, Lamar, Colorado 81052, call (719)336-4341 or email at berta.downing@ci.lamar.co.us Applications and testing will be continually accepted and ongoing until positions are filled.

EOE

05-08-2008, 10:00 PM
I am Dr. Brian Phillips (Chief of police...and meteorology) Lamar co. and I endorse this message :shock:

05-09-2008, 01:40 AM
Here is another fine example. One of fmpd's lt's with a Phd, not good enough for captain there, but obviously good enough for chief somewhere else. He was over qualified for captain with a Phd...he only needed a GED at fmpd.

05-16-2008, 04:39 PM
if lamar looks so good, then go. I bet they don't have a very good retirement or equipment- and it probably gets cold as #@!$ up there. Grass isnt ever greener(especially with snow on it)- and who knows if a guy with nothing in experience but Lt. would make a chief- being a PHd don't- if it did, all chiefs would have them. And who knows but maybe philips would be as bad to work for as baker. think before you speak- if not just leave!

05-16-2008, 06:00 PM
Shut up you jackass, there is no sense in your ranting, ANY grass is greener when these abuses have gone on so long; if you see nothing wrong-than maybe you are writing this with a pair of overalls ,a straw hat and some dollar store cowboy boots on :twisted:

05-16-2008, 07:30 PM
okay- "ANY grass is greener when these abuses have gone on so long" sure- then you just proved my point- if it is so good in Colorado then move! Lt. (Cheif, meterorologist, whatever) philips is so smart then why is he in lamar? Im sure the money aint that good, and having a phd don't make him a leader- need leaders more than education!

05-16-2008, 07:36 PM
LT didnt become a leader because of phd- he didnt put up with the third floors BS and because of that they screwed with him until he got sick of it and left- wish he would have taken the dept photographer with him!

05-16-2008, 07:38 PM
I wasn't crazy about him either -but he reaps a 60 k pension ,then a 6 figur chief job, so it soundspretty green to me, so whats your point?

05-16-2008, 07:47 PM
I liked him because he told them what was what and was always in trouble for sticking up for the cops! I hope he makes that much money- I wish we all did- my point is "guest" that even if you didnt care for him- phd's don't make leaders- leaders are people that stand up for whats right- I think he did most of the time and he got screwed because of it. He saw greener grass and is now grazing in it! has nothing to do with phd

05-16-2008, 08:15 PM
didnt say i disliked him, didnt speak to him much ,therefore could go either way. I know he was better than the rest of those"mean girls" Lts., and his phd he did for himself to get the hell outa dodge, and it obviously helped. Yes he does make that money ,payscale much higher in colorodo, but so is cost of living, but the pesion and position make it a score.

05-16-2008, 08:51 PM
Guest, you are wrong. He makes no where near that in Colorado. He makes roughly $75K. You're right, education isn't everything. However, he got it to get out of dodge, because he and another couple of senior supervisors who were decent to work for got screwed by the gob!

05-18-2008, 12:36 AM
Brian was a stand up guy. He defended his guys and went to back for them. He loved hard working guys and knew how to take care of them. He would definitely have my vote for Chief here.

Brian went through some hard times, but came out on top. There's a guy who a lot of "road guys" respected.

09-19-2011, 01:16 PM
Obviously everyone has had the problems in the past and now Colorado is screwed by having him. Someone please take him back to Florida. He doesn't stick up for his officers. All he wants to do is do his "IA in vestigations" and fire everyone in the department. If there was a problem with an officer...fine that officer gets in trouble. When every single officer gets in trouble and suspended....I think there is a problem with the Chief! Please take him back to Florida. He is worthless here and is ruining Law Enforcement in Colorado.

09-19-2011, 06:26 PM
he was the best road LT ever, always on the road going to calls and getting his hands dirty. hands down best yet

09-19-2011, 08:27 PM
Hey rookies, shut tha fucth up!!!!!!!! He was an excellent supervisor and he was a proven leader. As far as I am concerned he was one of the best. Now get back to work with your heeeee-hawnesss antics

09-19-2011, 09:15 PM
FYI he does not work for Lamar anymore. He is the Chief at another Colorado City PD.

09-19-2011, 09:34 PM
I’ve know the LT for over 15 years and no first hand that he was tough and fair. I don’t know what kind of cheif he is, but I know he was not afraid of anything and would stick up for his guys. So go cry to someone else rookie and be thankful you got someone in that little town of yours that knows how to be a cop and have a cops back.

09-21-2011, 01:47 AM
Hats off the Brian for becoming the Chief of Police! Don't HATE on him because he left for greener pastures! It is true that the grass is not always greener but FMPD can't see the forest, for the trees. In my opinion, FMPD has had several officers that they have let slip out of their GOB fingers.

Phillips-Chief of Police
Brinkman-Chief of Police
Sizemore- LT CCPD
Maranda-FBI
Montgomery-NCIS
Lasane-NCIS
Lasane-ICE

If you can do better for yourself, then you should leave!

09-21-2011, 03:08 AM
Brinkman is the Chief of a 3 person agency (including secretary) that makes 13 dollars an hour.

09-22-2011, 08:57 PM
After reading the last post, there are two things that are evident.

1. The person that wrote the last post does not know what they are talking about.

2. The person that wrote the last post would have never graduated if they had to take the FCAT in High School.

09-25-2011, 09:41 PM
The best thing Phillips is he has so MUCH DIRT ON BAKER! Plus Lisa has nice ta ta's