PDA

View Full Version : So Fla ABT?

05-08-2008, 04:16 AM
Mayors Want To Turn Florida Into Two States

NORTH LAUDERDALE (CBS4) ― The City of North Lauderdale is taking a tough stance on home rule, and because of this they are spearheading an effort to split Florida into two states. They have passed a resolution, asking that a boundary line to split South Florida from the rest of the state be drawn at the Palm Beach County line. They're taking it so seriously that they want counties in South Florida, such as Miami-Dade, Broward, and Monroe to join in supporting them.This is about money and politics. Here's an example: If an orange represents the Florida budget, the mayors of these two South Florida cities say we contribute two slices, but only get one slice back."This is South Florida's Boston Tea Party," said Margate Mayor, Pam Donovan.Mayor Donovan and North Lauderdale Mayor Jack Brady feel like patriots. They are floating the unusual idea to take South Florida's beaches, residents, schools and everything else, and create a South Florida State. The reason is because they say South Florida bears an unequal burden—paying more in taxes than this region gets back."Our residents and all of South Florida residents have had enough," said Jack Brady. "We want equal representation for everybody."But experts sayÂ*this proposalÂ*has no chance of coming to fruition, but ultimately it revolves around money and cry for attention for these neglected sectors of the state."It's always done as a protest movement," said Nova Southeastern law professor Bob Jarvis. "It's done to send a message."Â*"Congress would never go along with it, because if Congress were to go along with it in Florida, they would be inundated and every state would now face the possibility of being volcanized."CBS4 viewers responded enthusiastically, and often humorously, when asked to submit a motto for the new state of South Florida

05-08-2008, 08:18 PM
This is probably the best idea to ever come out of south Florida. Our pay raises for the next 20 years could fund the border fence. We could have our own "Border Patrol" and even declare south Florida a "new state." We won't even need to add a star to the Flag (after we sell California to Japan.)
Think of the possible new businesses and opportunities for "off-duty" employment. Heck, you could work for Florida ABT during the week and the South Florida ABT on the weekends.
The only thing I would change would be to sell the Keys to Cuba....

05-13-2008, 04:57 AM
This is probably the best idea to ever come out of south Florida. Our pay raises for the next 20 years could fund the border fence. We could have our own "Border Patrol" and even declare south Florida a "new state." We won't even need to add a star to the Flag (after we sell California to Japan.)
Think of the possible new businesses and opportunities for "off-duty" employment. Heck, you could work for Florida ABT during the week and the South Florida ABT on the weekends.

Either you are very sarcastic, or you are an over-zealous bigot. Your statements are as racist as they come. There is no room for people of such narrow minded discrimination within this profession.

South Florida was nothing until the exile, and has continued to thrive. Even through the tumultuous 80's, this area has never succumed to adversity. If that is how you really feel about this part of the State (and its residents - native or foreign), then you are free to remain in your own little world where everything is a perfect mirror image of you. Either deal with it, or go get your bible belt and lynch yourself.

Ve te para el carajo, sapingo mierda.

05-13-2008, 10:40 PM
English please..

05-13-2008, 11:05 PM

He is descibing what he had for lunch...something about it not tasting good. I got the "excrement" part, but I'm not sure why he keeps it under his bed. I would ask the gardner, but he has already gone home for the day.

05-13-2008, 11:24 PM
Thanks, thought they were asking for directions out of Florida. :arrow:

05-14-2008, 12:39 AM

Either you are very sarcastic, or you are an over-zealous bigot. Your statements are as racist as they come. There is no room for people of such narrow minded discrimination within this profession.

South Florida was nothing until the exile, and has continued to thrive. Even through the tumultuous 80's, this area has never succumed to adversity. If that is how you really feel about this part of the State (and its residents - native or foreign), then you are free to remain in your own little world where everything is a perfect mirror image of you. Either deal with it, or go get your bible belt and lynch yourself.

Over-zealous bigot, maybe you should look in that mirror sport.

05-14-2008, 04:17 AM
No bigot here, bud. I just can't stand the comments by a lot of the "undercover racists" out there. The comments related to the border fence and patrol are obviously a shot at those of us in South Florida who don't fit the "profile" of the rest of the state.

Me a bigot? Not a shot. Multiple languages, and a student of world cultures. It just really hits home when in 2008 we still have such statements thrown about. This region is a microcosom of the world; it's a rich cultural experience I wouldn't trade. To say a border fence should be built is tantamount to saying we are not wanted or worthy of coexisting with those on the other side.

The last time I checked, this nation was built entirely by immigrants.

Vaya con Dios.

05-14-2008, 12:25 PM
No bigot here, bud. I just can't stand the comments by a lot of the "undercover racists" out there. The comments related to the border fence and patrol are obviously a shot at those of us in South Florida who don't fit the "profile" of the rest of the state.

Me a bigot? Not a shot. Multiple languages, and a student of world cultures. It just really hits home when in 2008 we still have such statements thrown about. This region is a microcosom of the world; it's a rich cultural experience I wouldn't trade. To say a border fence should be built is tantamount to saying we are not wanted or worthy of coexisting with those on the other side.

Vaya con Dios.

I’m still not sold on who the Bigot is sounds like you’re trying to convince yourself, your not. Maybe the fence commit was meant for the illegal immigrants who come into this country. Your right this country was built on immigration, “legal immigration” they were identified insured they were healthy then assimilated into society, not just crossing a border. I don’t think the fence commit is racist just another opinion it seems you’re the one who wants to make a racial issue out of it.

05-14-2008, 08:53 PM
[quote="El Babalao":2at944c1]No bigot here, bud. I just can't stand the comments by a lot of the "undercover racists" out there. The comments related to the border fence and patrol are obviously a shot at those of us in South Florida who don't fit the "profile" of the rest of the state.

Vaya con Dios.

I’m still not sold on who the Bigot is sounds like you’re trying to convince yourself, your not. Maybe the fence commit was meant for the illegal immigrants who come into this country. Your right this country was built on immigration, “legal immigration” they were identified insured they were healthy then assimilated into society, not just crossing a border. I don’t think the fence commit is racist just another opinion it seems you’re the one who wants to make a racial issue out of it.[/quote:2at944c1]

I'm with you on this one. This is our fu*cking country and El Babalao is full of s*hit. Let's find out who he is and whup his ass. And by the Way El Babalao, I've got your microcosom hanging.

05-15-2008, 03:04 AM
Sounds like this last guest drank a full glass of HATEORADE.

05-15-2008, 11:40 PM
Yes, this is our country. But, before it became ours, it belonged to the Native Americans, Mexico, Spain, England, and even France. I love this country, as do you I'm sure. However, I will not take an elitist stance against foreigners just because I can. I too believe that they must be here legally, but outright refusal is no good either.

If you (a previous poster)want to sell California to Japan, we might as well just give it back to its original owner...Mexico. To the last "guest": you wanna kick my ass, but why? Is it because I pose a threat to you? Or is it because I have pointed out the facts? Like it or not, history is reality, and you can't change it. Our ancestry might even be one and the same; acceptance of one's past will help to understand one's present. No man is an island, just as no man is better than another.

And by the way, Mr. Guest, your allusion to hanging body parts was probably best suited to be made by the use of a word not starting with "micro"; but if you say its yours...

05-16-2008, 08:25 PM
Yes, this is our country. But, before it became ours, it belonged to the Native Americans, Mexico, Spain, England, and even France. I love this country, as do you I'm sure. However, I will not take an elitist stance against foreigners just because I can. I too believe that they must be here legally, but outright refusal is no good either.

If you (a previous poster)want to sell California to Japan, we might as well just give it back to its original owner...Mexico. To the last "guest": you wanna kick my ass, but why? Is it because I pose a threat to you? Or is it because I have pointed out the facts? Like it or not, history is reality, and you can't change it. Our ancestry might even be one and the same; acceptance of one's past will help to understand one's present. No man is an island, just as no man is better than another.

And by the way, Mr. Guest, your allusion to hanging body parts was probably best suited to be made by the use of a word not starting with "micro"; but if you say its yours...

Very astute El Babalao. I underestimated your diplomatic rational and vernacular prowess.

05-16-2008, 10:33 PM
If you (a previous poster)want to sell California to Japan, we might as well just give it back to its original owner...Mexico.

Now that is just crazy talk. If there was any money in Mexico, they all wouldn't be here trying to make a living. Think before you post! I suggested Japan, because the have the cash!!!!

05-17-2008, 12:48 PM

Very astute El Babalao. I underestimated your diplomatic rational and vernacular prowess.

In fairness, I would add "tushay".You really got me on that one.

05-17-2008, 10:47 PM
Where in the hell is the button so I can press one for english. I couldn't understand that foreign stuff ya'll.

05-18-2008, 12:28 PM
Where in the hell is the button so I can press one for english. I couldn't understand that foreign stuff ya'll.

Spanish.....................1
Ebonics.....................2
English......................3

05-19-2008, 01:31 PM

Very astute El Babalao. I underestimated your diplomatic rational and vernacular prowess.[/quote

El Babalao, you’re unbelievable lets see this country as you said has belonged to” the Native Americans, Mexico, Spain, England, and even France.”, but we should give part of the country to “ It’s original owner Mexico”. So I guess Mexico owned this country before the Native Americans. Mexico has done so well with its own country that all its people come here for a better life. But I guess if we give Mexico California they might be able to make something out of it. That is since California is already developed and has an economy larger than all of Mexico. Maybe we should just knock down everything move everyone out and see how Mexico will make California thrive. It could happen it worked so well in Haiti after the French gave the country back.
There have been a lot of wars and a lot of land has exchanged hands all over the world, Buy the way aren’t a lot of the Mexicans from Spanish ancestry, not all are Mayan’s. Again it seems your bigotry comes out its hard to hide when you’re a true believer, isn’t it.

05-19-2008, 10:31 PM
Very astute El Babalao. I underestimated your diplomatic rational and vernacular prowess.[/quote

I am the one who posted the above quote to El Babalao. It was done as a compliment. Rather than engage me with an angry response or one of demeaning tone to my earlier post which by comparision was rude, he/she responded with reason and historical advice. The last poster (El-Doka) included my above quote as if we are one and the same. We are not and El Babalao deserves to know that.

05-19-2008, 11:26 PM
El-Doka,

My statement regarding giving California back to Mexico was in response to another poster's comment about selling it to Japan. Obviously, neither one will happen, nor do I want it to. I am simply saying that given the choice between the two, returning it would be more appropriate, however, economically speaking, Japan would be better. Even when in jest, you've taken offense to my posts, regardless of the inclusion of actual historical facts. It seems you want to point some intangible finger of blame at me for a response to an individual who stated that a border fence should divide South Florida from the rest of the state.

Also, yes there are many Mexicans (as well as most Latin American countries) whose blood-lines are tied to Spain. They fought for freedom and eventually won, again, as did many other countries. By the way, the primary indian tribes of Mexico were not Mayan, they were Aztecs.

You call me a bigot, but you cannot back it up. Merriam-Webster defines a bigot as:
1- a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his/her own opinions and prejudices, especially: one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

I will admit my first posting was aggressive, but was a response directed at the statements made by ONE person.

You sir (El Doka), seem to misconstrue everything I've written...perhaps you should look into the entire context, not just some key words.

To the last guest, thank you, and I understood.

05-20-2008, 02:32 AM
Well, Well and Well. Healthy doses of sarcasm in this thread. Some good points and a rational thought or two. The simple reality is we are a diverse group with opinions that are neither politically correct or warranted. Isn't that great? I think so, but let's move on to something more important than how the man screwed the Indians and Mexicans.

Which 75th Anniversary badge did you pick?

05-20-2008, 07:07 AM
Well, Well and Well. Healthy doses of sarcasm in this thread. Some good points and a rational thought or two. The simple reality is we are a diverse group with opinions that are neither politically correct or warranted. Isn't that great? I think so, but let's move on to something more important than how the man screwed the Indians and Mexicans.

Which 75th Anniversary badge did you pick?

I'm with you. I liked 1 and 3, but since I'm partial to NYPD badges, I choose 1.

05-21-2008, 01:52 AM
#1 is a great choice. There is a great deal of history behind that badge. I just wish there was someone around that remembered how that original badge came to be. It may have been something as simple as cost, however.

05-21-2008, 03:43 AM
As far as the NYPD style, we still have a few who used it for a while. Now, if you mean the very original one, we're SOL.

There's been another really nice idea floating around, too. It's a six-point in a circle...it may not have the same history, but it is an attention grabber.