PDA

View Full Version : FHP board

05-07-2008, 11:22 PM
Seems some of our Trooper bretheren/sisteren (if that's a word) don't think DOT/AG/FWC/DEP or any other SLEO's actually do anything resembling what they refer to as "real" police work (i.e. sig-76 moa, moa,moa...get a road ranger.). I would like everyone to call in all their traffic stops so they can hear what we actually are doing. We usually don't call in for something as simple as suspended DL's, misd. warrants, etc... the days of calling in on the phone to keep off the radio are over- call in every traffic stop like they do with the signal 76's over and over, I'm sick of the attitude from some of these troopers that they are the only law enforcement in Florida. When was the last time they assessed a penalty for more than a speeding ticket? How about writing a driver some tickets-more than 1-doing an inspection on the truck-putting the driver-truck-carrier out of service-fines to the carrier in the thousands-impounding the tractor/trailer for no paying those fines-arresting the driver for DL violations/warrants/dui/drugs poss/trafficking/aggressive driving-and whatever else. DOT pays $400,000+ a year for dispatch services, I say lets get our moneys worth out of them.

05-08-2008, 12:29 AM
FWC has its OWN dispatch!

05-08-2008, 03:28 AM
dont be mad truck nutter. let the troopers do their thing, dont hate cause our agency thinks we are not worth a damm, i might even apply to the fhp, they seem to have a very effective union.

05-08-2008, 04:13 AM
Seems some of our Trooper bretheren/sisteren (if that's a word) don't think DOT/AG/FWC/DEP or any other SLEO's actually do anything resembling what they refer to as "real" police work (i.e. sig-76 moa, moa,moa...get a road ranger.). I would like everyone to call in all their traffic stops so they can hear what we actually are doing. We usually don't call in for something as simple as suspended DL's, misd. warrants, etc... the days of calling in on the phone to keep off the radio are over- call in every traffic stop like they do with the signal 76's over and over, I'm sick of the attitude from some of these troopers that they are the only law enforcement in Florida. When was the last time they assessed a penalty for more than a speeding ticket? How about writing a driver some tickets-more than 1-doing an inspection on the truck-putting the driver-truck-carrier out of service-fines to the carrier in the thousands-impounding the tractor/trailer for no paying those fines-arresting the driver for DL violations/warrants/dui/drugs poss/trafficking/aggressive driving-and whatever else. DOT pays $400,000+ a year for dispatch services, I say lets get our moneys worth out of them.
You sir are a complete idiot!!!!!! Im the one who posted that and if you read anything I put on there you would have seen that I stated that these were just questions and not knocks!!! So dont dare come on here and try to twist my words to make it fit your stupid agenda!!
I only know one of you guys and honestly he is lazy and when i ask him stuff he gives me a silly response.
Everybody has a job to do and others have qustions like me, so please make sure you can concentrate long enough to read the entire post!
sorry to the others on here for this guy!
Thanks.

05-08-2008, 12:48 PM
How many agencies do fhp dispatch for? Why do you not call in your stops over the radio? Do you run everything over the phone? Not safe... just my 2 cents...

05-08-2008, 01:50 PM
Guest, you must have the best radio in the state since most of them scan every 10 seconds outside the car so the phone is your only option. Also FHP dispatches for everyone AG, ABT, ATTY GEN, Lottery, DJJ, DOC, DLE, FM and a few others I can't remeber except FWC they have their own person or something like that.

05-09-2008, 06:22 PM
You sir are a complete idiot!!!!!! Im the one who posted that and if you read anything I put on there you would have seen that I stated that these were just questions and not knocks!!! So dont dare come on here and try to twist my words to make it fit your stupid agenda!!
I only know one of you guys and honestly he is lazy and when i ask him stuff he gives me a silly response.
Everybody has a job to do and others have qustions like me, so please make sure you can concentrate long enough to read the entire post!
sorry to the others on here for this guy!
Thanks.

You only know ONE and he is lazy!?!? PLEASE, talk to me when you stop 10 trucks a day and do more than write a ticket to a car, ask and obtain the following from every truck you stop: driver license, medical card, log book, shipping papers, registration/cab card on the truck, registration on trailer, check for rotweilers, cats,snakes lot lizards, unauthorized passengers etc.. in the truck, find their radar detector, drugs, bottle of whiskey, see if they are on medication or just lying about it, check for haz-mat if they are loaded-you've got to check the shipping papers-sometimes they try to cover up the fact they have haz-mat, see if they have the correct endorsements (tank/double/triple/haz-mat) and see if they are violating any restrictions on the DL-corrective lens, air brakes, passenger. Check for warrants, pedophile, see if they are on probation-maybe not to leave the state where their from- all of them are lying about SOMETHING-get to the bottom of it. Do this on EVERY traffic stop you do and make sure you initiate the stop in a safe area where the truck can stop without getting stuck, turning over, pissing off the local business that he will be in their parking lot or blocking the entrance to their drive, or the turning lane that "Granny" can't get to her favorite coffee shop and she will park behind you and begin blowing the horn, calling the office and 911 because she just cannot beleive you are blocking "her" turn lane. Then IF the driver has everything in order, you check all the equioment and don't even get started on whether to do a L-1, L-2, or L-3. AND if it looks heavy, go ahead and drag out those portable scale and hoof 'em on down the ditch to the front of the truck (all 4) and weigh it. Depending on the length, if he's on the interstate or not, how many axles he has, if he has a permit for inner-bridge-if he's long enough for that to be valid, check his log book and see if he falsified it-if he needs one (depending on CDL vehicle, over 100 air miles-maybe 150 air miles-do intra-state or inter-state rules apply) call the shipper and carrier if somethings wrong and expplain it all to them, before they call th office/Tallahassee and begin complaining, do all that and then start typing all that informaton in your laptop, not once but at least 3 times if ANYTHING is wrong, check to see if they have authority to operate-$500 fine for that, check apportioned registration for FL on it, if not then assess the penalty for all weight over 10,000 lbs for straight truck and unladen combination, or 35,000 lbs for a laden combination, issue IRP trip permit, fuel tax permit if the truck don't have IFTA decals.... I will stop here for now, you get the idea, I don't think ANY DOT officer can be called lazy, you may see one of us chilling out, sometimes our brain needs a break, come and ride with one of us if you want to see more of what we do, it is VERY EXCITING and that's why I love what I do and will NEVER go write tickets and be limited in what I can do to some ***hole that should not be operating a CMV much less any other vehicle. And after you issue the fine for several hundred dollars, maybe a couple thousand,whatever, make sure he is not pissed off enough to go drive that thing into the nearest clump of people he can find. Then go get another one. We all do a service for the citezns of Florida, my job is no more important than a trooper or oscar or game warden, and all the others, but, it's no less important either. We will not stick together and we will never get paid what we are worth, but at least we could have some respect for each other, I think that is severely lacking from the black and tan side.

05-09-2008, 08:16 PM
Well said!!

Pathfinder
05-09-2008, 10:46 PM
Brother, that is an excellent post. But it sure does make me feel lazy.... 8) 8)

05-10-2008, 02:42 AM
my eyes went cross-eyed trying to read all that. Never made it to the end

05-10-2008, 01:19 PM
FWC has several consoles in the co-located dispatch centers w/ fhp. We are all on the same radio system MC.

06-10-2008, 12:34 AM
my eyes went cross-eyed trying to read all that. Never made it to the end
:roll: I couldnt finish reading the post either. IF these guys do all this at every stop, more power to em!