PDA

View Full Version : Numbers= Power

05-07-2008, 03:41 AM
If we combined with DEP and Ag Depart we would have the numbers to create a separate bargaining group. With those numbers we could compete with FHP for raises. Numbers= Power

05-07-2008, 05:14 PM
I'M WITH YOU, BUT WE NEED TO SWITCH TO IUPA SO WE DON'T HAVE TO COMPETE WITH FHP FOR PBA SUPPORT. IUPA DOESN'T HAVE AS MANY HORSES IN THE RACE AS PBA DOES. THEY CAN DEVOTE THEIR FULL ATTN TO US AND OUR NEEDS.

05-07-2008, 07:40 PM
I will offer this suggestion.
Lets drop out of IUPA and PBA.
Lets take that money and hire our own Lobbyist
Lets see what happens then

05-07-2008, 08:37 PM
I will offer this suggestion.
Lets drop out of IUPA and PBA.
Lets take that money and hire our own Lobbyist
Lets see what happens then

10-4

good idea

05-10-2008, 02:44 AM
why don't we push PBA or who ever for our own bargining group. That alone should better our chances.

05-10-2008, 03:36 AM
FOP ?

gator killer
05-11-2008, 01:29 PM
something is got to be better then PBA. I'm calling monday and dropping PBA like a bad habit.

05-11-2008, 10:46 PM
Already beat you too it!

05-12-2008, 11:42 PM
If we combined with DEP and Ag Depart we would have the numbers to create a separate bargaining group. With those numbers we could compete with FHP for raises. Numbers= Power

We already are a seperate bargaining group with them; State SLEO. Also, if you know anything about the lobbying process you will realize two things; one, IUPA does not have the horsepower or respect of this legislative body to be effective in the least (IUPA did OK with the Contract issues because all they dealt with was management and DMS; they struck out with the legislature). and two, the Republican controlled legislature in Florida will NEVER deal with a TRUE union, which IUPA is. The UNIONS routinely back and support DEMOCRATS. PBA is our best bet, but not a great option. Everyone has to realize this is a right to work state. The legislature has us by cajones and they know it. IF we ever get anything it will be because they want to provide a kick back to PBA, NOT because they actually care about us.

05-14-2008, 03:20 AM
IF PBA is your best bet, you guys are f&cked!!!

The legislature not only has you by the cajones, they want your truck nutz too!!!