PDA

View Full Version : Are your hearing this Craig and Morgan???

05-06-2008, 02:48 AM
Monday, May 5, 2008 - 9:26 AM MST
Taser wins Ohio lawsuit: Device use ruled not a cause of death

The devices were used by police officers in each of those cases.

The lawsuit was filed by Taser and the city of Akron, Ohio, to deem that the company's X26 ECD had nothing to do with those deaths.

Judge Ted Schneiderman ruled that the Summit County, Ohio, medical examiner must change those three autopsy reports to remove any reference to Taser. The ruling changed the cause of death from "homicide" to "accidental" for two of the men, and to "undetermined" in the third case.

Scottsdale-based Taser (Nasdaq: TASR) supplies its devices to various law enforcement agencies across the country.

Judge Orders Removal of TASER Electronic Control Device Reference From Three Death Certificates in Akron, OH
Monday May 5, 7:30 am ET
Summit County Medical Examiner Must Change Autopsy Findings to Remove All References to the TASER Electronic Control Device as a Contributing Cause of Death in the Cases of Three Men

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., May 5, 2008 (PRIME NEWSWIRE) -- TASER International, Inc. (NasdaqGS:TASR - News), a market leader in advanced electronic control devices, announced that a judge ruled that the Summit County Medical Examiner in Ohio must change its autopsy findings to remove all references to the TASER(r) Electronic Control Device (ECD) as a contributing cause of death in three cases in which three men died during confrontations with law enforcement.

On Friday, May 2, 2008, after a four-day trial in Common Pleas Court, visiting Judge Ted Schneiderman, stated that there is ``simply no medical, scientific or electrical evidence to support the conclusion that the TASER X26 ECD had anything to do with the death of Dennis S. Hyde, Richard Holcomb, or Mark D. McCullaugh. The Medical Examiner failed to present any evidence of the use and effect of TASER devices.''

The Court also announced that TASER International and the City of Akron ``have proven their claims for changing the reports of autopsy and death certificates on the three individuals by more than a preponderance of the evidence'' as well as ``provided overwhelming credible medical and scientific evidence to support their positions.''

The factual evidence regarding these deaths was undisputed, as the court found, and the expert testimony was ``overwhelming'' that TASER devices played no role in these three unfortunate deaths. Those experts included:

* Four Board-certified, seasoned forensic pathologists from
Cleveland, New York, St. Louis, and Texas, with extensive
experience in sudden death issues, including a former president
of the National Association of Medical Examiners;

* Board-certified cardiologists and electrophysiologists from
Columbus, Ohio and Indianapolis, Indiana;

* One of the nation's leading toxicologists; and

* A Board-certified ER physician who has conducted more than 15
studies and experiments with more than 500 human volunteers
on a diverse array of physiological issues, none showing any
detriment to humans from low-power TASER devices.

This lawsuit was filed against the Summit County Ohio Medical Examiners over three autopsies in which they stated that the TASER device was a contributory cause of these three in custody deaths. The City of Akron joined TASER International as a co-plaintiff in this suit which simply followed Ohio law by asking for the court to perform its ``checks and balances'' role that the Ohio legislature mandates. The Court ruling overturned the medical examiner's determination of cause of death in all three cases, removing the TASER device as a cause of death and changing the manner of death from ``homicide'' to ``accidental'' in Hyde and Holcomb and to ``undetermined'' in McCullaugh.

``On behalf of the 15 law enforcement officers and medical personnel who have been indicted on criminal charges and/or sued in civil lawsuits relating to the death of Mark McCullaugh, we are very pleased with the Court's ruling today,'' said Rick Smith, CEO and Founder of TASER International. ``Of all of our court wins, this is probably the most gratifying as TASER International had nothing to gain from this litigation. TASER International had already been dismissed from civil litigation in two of these death cases and we were never sued in the third case. We brought this suit as a matter of principle, to do the right thing to assist the 15 law enforcement officers and medical personnel who are being criminally prosecuted and/or civilly sued for these deaths due to the errors made by the medical examiners. Most of these officers, medical personnel, and their attorneys were present in the court room with their families and expressed their appreciation to TASER International during the trial for taking on this fight.''

``This litigation best represents the values of our Company. Our leadership made a significant financial commitment and drew the ire of many critics by bringing this litigation as a matter of integrity in support of the enforcement officers and medical personnel who rely on our product in the field. We are hopeful that the criminal charges, including murder charge, pending against these individuals will now be dismissed as a result of this litigation,'' said Smith.

``TASER International believed from the beginning that these determinations of cause of death must be supported by facts, medical research, and scientific evidence,'' concluded Smith.

05-06-2008, 08:21 AM
How many times does Morgan have to say that he has no problem with taser use as long as it's used according to policy and training? Just one more myth you can't let go of huh?

05-06-2008, 12:28 PM
As long as the policy includes investigating their use as a deadly force incident we are good to go........ I think not!

05-06-2008, 02:44 PM
In practical terms what he wants is a use of force report and a supervisor review. That will be a good cya measure in case of complaints since there will be a good paper trail What's the big deal?

05-06-2008, 04:36 PM
The only times the Morgan supporters have spoken out about tasers is when there's a conspiracy theory(s) floating aound and that allows for politics to enter rather than if the force used was authorized by policy and lawful....

05-06-2008, 10:18 PM
The only times the Morgan supporters have spoken out about tasers is when there's a conspiracy theory(s) floating aound and that allows for politics to enter rather than if the force used was authorized by policy and lawful....

The only conspiracy theory being floated around here is by you. Morgan has no problem with tasers used according to training and policy. Get it through your conspiracy filled skull.

05-07-2008, 12:38 AM
From Morgan's now defunct bulletin board:

Easy question. Hard answer. I continue to follow the information and test data that is coming in relating to tasers and the use of this weapon. As you are most likely aware, they are not allowed for law enforcement use in almost all other industrialized nations. And information is developing that is indicative that that they (tasers) do (or have) contribute in the deaths of arrestees or inmates.

So, the "easy" answer is that if the studies continue to point to an "unsafe, non-lethal weapon," they will of course be prohibited from use. For two reasons; 1)It would be inhumane to continue their use when the data becomes definitive and 2) It will become a liability issue. The insurance would be cost prohibitive.

However, if the data indicates that the use of taser's is a training and management issue, ie they have only been proven to be "lethal" when inappropriately used, then they will continue to be an issued item, and deployed for law enforcement work.

Why? Officer safety. Which takes precedence. I could not, and will not, place officers in harms way by taking away a needed tool. I would not want to work for a sheriff that did that, and therefore I will not be that type of leader.

Conversely, when it is proven that personnel have abused or misused a taser, they will be disciplined to the full extent of the law. Officers deploying tasers would be handled as an "officer involved shooting." This sends a clear message from management that the taser is not "a compliance weapon," but a weapon to only be deployed in accordance with the use of force matrix just below lethal force.

Dave Morgan
9:05 PM, January 07, 2007

05-07-2008, 01:09 AM
Larry Scapecchi for sheriff.

05-07-2008, 05:02 AM
Morgan's post reads like a tennis match, back and forth. Wishy washy.

05-07-2008, 05:15 AM
Morgan's post reads like a tennis match, back and forth. Wishy washy.
Looks clear to me. And at least he has answers. The current excuse for a sheriff only raises questions that are never answered.

05-07-2008, 05:33 AM
it's pretty clear to me as well. Morgan is wishy washy and is now regretting some of the things he has said. Soon enough he will be regretting ever getting David Craig involved in his campaign. A lot of people say Morgan might not be bad if it werent for people like Craig. Well, Morgan had a choice, and he chose to have Craig be right there with him. That in itself should tell us all we need to know about Morgan.

05-07-2008, 07:28 PM
Great post....and once again candidate Morgan's own words..political agenda comes back to prove my point....So what is the truth?....What Mr Morgan said earlier or that he now has no problems with tasers?....This is exactly what happens when there is an attempt to appease a group rather than having the leadership to state what you believe...

05-07-2008, 11:32 PM
And let us not forget this picture of Doc Ely (Morgan's Campaign Manager who mysteriously disappeared from his campaign) proudly displaying the message that Taser's Kill.

http://image.bayimg.com/majigaabj.jpg

05-07-2008, 11:36 PM
And who else was there wearing a matching taser kills shirt at the rally? Morgan Financial contributor Leroy Boyd. (He was also with Morgan when he filed to run)

http://image.bayimg.com/majilaabj.jpg

05-07-2008, 11:39 PM
Another picture from the rally stating to get rid of tasers from the jail.

http://image.bayimg.com/najicaabj.jpg

05-07-2008, 11:41 PM
Guess who else was there at the rally with Doc Ely? Maximum Morgan Financial Contributor Arety Seivers.

http://image.bayimg.com/najidaabj.jpg

05-08-2008, 02:38 AM
it's pretty clear to me as well. Morgan is wishy washy and is now regretting some of the things he has said. Soon enough he will be regretting ever getting David Craig involved in his campaign. A lot of people say Morgan might not be bad if it werent for people like Craig. Well, Morgan had a choice, and he chose to have Craig be right there with him. That in itself should tell us all we need to know about Morgan.

How entertaining. All those photos for your spin parade. The facts are that Morgan is pro taser as long as it's used in accordance with policy and training. And I'm sorry it doesn't fit with your hate fest, but so am I. You've never heard me say anything against appropriate taser use. I've seen how the taser can protect both the officers and the subjects they contact from far more serious harm. Keep having your fun with phony facts but it wont change the truth. If Doc Ely were in line with campaign philosophy he'd likely still be onboard. It's no mystery that he departed and the decision was based upon his divergent opinions. Leroy Boyd also has a right to his opinions and a right to support the candidate of his choice. He does not dictate Morgan's taser philosophy. It was fine and dandy for Ron McNesby to court his support in the last go round but now that he backs Morgan it's become fodder for your protest. Can't have it both ways.

05-08-2008, 03:50 AM
We dont like Morgan because of you Dave...

05-08-2008, 05:14 AM
We dont like Morgan because of you Dave...

Another Vote for Larry because of David Craig....

05-08-2008, 05:20 AM
No problem. It's your right to like or dislike me as you please. But don't keep running on about how Morgan or I are anti taser. That's untrue. See you at the polls with all the rest of the voters.

05-08-2008, 05:25 AM
Well, I was not sure who I was going to vote for but I am now. It is not David Morgan, not after seeing the pictures of him with them whacks. The sad part is that I thought all of you Leos were just haters and were telling lies about him. I will vote, I won’t vote for McNesby and now I won’t vote for Morgan. So what other choices do I have? I belong to a very large club who needs to know who are the Leos supporting.

05-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Well, I was not sure who I was going to vote for but I am now. It is not David Morgan, not after seeing the pictures of him with them whacks. The sad part is that I thought all of you Leos were just haters and were telling lies about him. I will vote, I won’t vote for McNesby and now I won’t vote for Morgan. So what other choices do I have? I belong to a very large club who needs to know who are the Leos supporting.

The PBA has sent out a survey/ballot to the whole sheriff's office. The results should be out in a couple weeks.

MOD 504
05-08-2008, 02:07 PM
The two previous post were removed and sent for review.

05-08-2008, 07:09 PM

So Sherlock which one in the photos was Morgan? He ain't in them because he wasn't there dummy. VOTE FOR A THINKING COACH.

MOD 504
05-09-2008, 12:31 AM
Previous "factoid" post deleted, sent for review.

05-09-2008, 12:54 AM
Hey David, tell Mr Morgan if he really wants what is best for the people of Escambia and the hard working Deputies of the SO, he will do another infomercial about how Larry Scapecchi is the only good chooice in the upcoming election. Expierence and no kooks, now thats a winning combination!!!!

MOD 504
05-09-2008, 02:58 AM
Previous post deleted, please see STICKY on Racial Post.

05-09-2008, 03:01 AM
Hey Morgan and Craig keep up with the State of Florida's Policy on the Use of Force, the Use of Force Matrix no longer exist. The problem with you philosphy on Taser Use sounds much like that of a defense attorney. The matix when it was inacted it was never meant to be how it should be exactly, it was a guide. Common Sense should guide usage. Not a want to be Sheriff's or citizens that only want to complain because someone of their own race got handled by the police. If you want to talk about taser usage go ride with the real police and have to defend your life from some of the scum we deal with on a daily basis. The bottom line is we don't need a defense attorney as Sheriff we need a Sheriff that's been a Deputy and knows what it takes to defend thier life and return home to his family the same way he went to work without being hurt or mangled.
I'd rather be judge by 12 than carried by 6. A philosophy you are probably not familar with.

05-09-2008, 03:18 AM
Hey Morgan and Craig keep up with the State of Florida's Policy on the Use of Force, the Use of Force Matrix no longer exist. The problem with you philosphy on Taser Use sounds much like that of a defense attorney. The matix when it was inacted it was never meant to be how it should be exactly, it was a guide. Common Sense should guide usage. Not a want to be Sheriff's or citizens that only want to complain because someone of their own race got handled by the police. If you want to talk about taser usage go ride with the real police and have to defend your life from some of the scum we deal with on a daily basis. The bottom line is we don't need a defense attorney as Sheriff we need a Sheriff that's been a Deputy and knows what it takes to defend thier life and return home to his family the same way he went to work without being hurt or mangled.
I'd rather be judge by 12 than carried by 6. A philosophy you are probably not familar with. Who cares what it "sounds like?" Morgan is ion favor of taser use in compliance with policy and training. Those are the facts Your rambling comments about the matrix, attorneys, race, etc. don't change that fact.

05-09-2008, 12:37 PM
Previous post deleted, please see STICKY on Racial Post.

So are you telling me that the last 3 murders that were black on black is that being racial?

DDG
05-09-2008, 02:29 PM
Is Doc Ely wearing a "Tasers Kill, Stop the Abuse" T-Shirt???? WTF???

05-12-2008, 01:56 AM
How can you say Scapecchi has ethics or is a stand up guy. The Scapecchi that I know used his position at the Sheriff's Office to run his personal business. Patrol, Property investigator, Narcotics. Anyone who worked for him and will tell the truth has to agree with that he was never around long. I would be curious to see how many building permits were pulled in Baldwin County, Alabama or Escambia County, Florida by him when he was showing work hours on his time sheet. I know for a fact that his county car was parked in Elberta, Alabama at his office on many days when he was suppose to be working pct.2 as the LT. If he will lie about this then what else will he lie about. Sorry he is not the answer.

05-12-2008, 02:05 AM
How can you say Scapecchi has ethics or is a stand up guy. The Scapecchi that I know used his position at the Sheriff's Office to run his personal business. Patrol, Property investigator, Narcotics. Anyone who worked for him and will tell the truth has to agree with that he was never around long. I would be curious to see how many building permits were pulled in Baldwin County, Alabama or Escambia County, Florida by him when he was showing work hours on his time sheet. I know for a fact that his county car was parked in Elberta, Alabama at his office on many days when he was suppose to be working pct.2 as the LT. If he will lie about this then what else will he lie about. Sorry he is not the answer.

This is the third thread where you've posted the exact same statement. Has Morgan run out of funds to make any more videos? Does he need to advertise here now?

05-12-2008, 02:19 AM
How can you say Scapecchi has ethics or is a stand up guy. The Scapecchi that I know used his position at the Sheriff's Office to run his personal business. Patrol, Property investigator, Narcotics. Anyone who worked for him and will tell the truth has to agree with that he was never around long. I would be curious to see how many building permits were pulled in Baldwin County, Alabama or Escambia County, Florida by him when he was showing work hours on his time sheet. I know for a fact that his county car was parked in Elberta, Alabama at his office on many days when he was suppose to be working pct.2 as the LT. If he will lie about this then what else will he lie about. Sorry he is not the answer. Big Deal, he was a LT. its not like hes a patrol deputy pulling a freaking permit while 10-8 in Brownesville. LT's have a lot of responsibility, and as long as their radio is on and they are 26 on whats up, that is all that matters... at least Scapecchi is a business man and has a go getter sprit.. what has Morgan done besides taking up the slack for the Secret Service when McCain was in town??? Woodchuck to Grey Squirel, come in..Accorn One is wheels down, over.

05-12-2008, 02:21 AM
How can you say Scapecchi has ethics or is a stand up guy. The Scapecchi that I know used his position at the Sheriff's Office to run his personal business. Patrol, Property investigator, Narcotics. Anyone who worked for him and will tell the truth has to agree with that he was never around long. I would be curious to see how many building permits were pulled in Baldwin County, Alabama or Escambia County, Florida by him when he was showing work hours on his time sheet. I know for a fact that his county car was parked in Elberta, Alabama at his office on many days when he was suppose to be working pct.2 as the LT. If he will lie about this then what else will he lie about. Sorry he is not the answer. Big Deal, he was a LT. its not like hes a patrol deputy pulling a freaking permit while 10-8 in Brownesville. LT's have a lot of responsibility, and as long as their radio is on and they are 26 on whats up, that is all that matters... at least Scapecchi is a business man and has a go getter sprit.. what has Morgan done besides taking up the slack for the Secret Service when McCain was in town??? Woodchuck to Grey Squirel, come in..Accorn One is wheels down, over.

05-12-2008, 02:29 AM
Bohica, you sound like a real stand up guy yourself. Let's get this straight. Scapecchi is in another county in another state. While he's supposed to be 10-8 in Escambia. In his ECSO vehicle. Burning ECSO (taxpayers) gas. And that's OK with you? Would it be OK if one of his people went signal 36 while he's in BF Egypt? The wheels are off your sorry excuses for another corrupt admin activity. Larry ain't the answer.

05-12-2008, 02:34 AM
Bohica, you sound like a real stand up guy yourself. Let's get this straight. Scapecchi is in another county in another state. While he's supposed to be 10-8 in Escambia. In his ECSO vehicle. Burning ECSO (taxpayers) gas. And that's OK with you? Would it be OK if one of his people went signal 36 while he's in BF Egypt? The wheels are off your sorry excuses for another corrupt admin activity. Larry ain't the answer.

You have no proof and you don't know the facts... just like EVERY MORGAN VIDEO and DAVID CRAIG POST here, you deal in rumors and poor assumptions.

The bottom line is Morgan has a peanut gallery full of cop-bashing morons wearing "Taser's Kill" t-shirts. Don't deny it because they all gave him money because he tells them what they want to hear...

Go away. You ain't the real PoPo and so this site is not for you. Go make a video or make your day or something...

05-12-2008, 02:39 AM

Beat McNesby first. Then we will take you seriously... and that won't be good for you. Every deputy will work for Larry to keep the cop-bashing peanut gallery out of the ECSO. You were part of Harry's circle when he got elected until you became a liability... then he kicked you to the curb and now you are mad. But you are just like him. Morgan will realize how big of a liability you are if he beats McNesby...

Wait until the PBA results come out... that will be a small taste.

Go post someplace else.... try LEOBASHERAFFAIRS.COM....

05-12-2008, 05:10 AM
Hate to disappoint you but I didn't write the post about Larry. We are not out of funds for campaign videos as you will see but thanks for your concern. This new (bad) dream of yours that I was part of McNesby's "inner circle" is a real joke. The first communication I had from Sheriff McNesby was when he threatened to jail me for reporting shortly after he took office. Blue Lights has been on TV for 19 years. That's 2 sheriff's before the current one. It's covered agencies from Mobile to Panama City Beach. City, County, State and Federal. Every bit of the coverage has been at the street enforcement level. I have had no interest in being part of any agency's "inner circle" at any time. You can blame me for producing Morgan's videos. We stand behind the messages they contain. But I didn't write the post about Larry and his extra curricular activities. That came from one of your own.

05-12-2008, 01:24 PM
The PBA voting results will show... from all I talk to, most want Larry in 2008.

05-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Yeah it is a big deal. It's exactly that kind of piss-off, in your
face attitude that caused voters to torpedo us on Amendment 1.

Just so you get it straight, I am supporting Morgan. Had a case a few years
ago where he was the court appointed investigator. I liked his attitude and
honesty. What's he done? PI Business and rental property. (You'd know
this to if your cared to check.) Has an education. Need we go on?

I'm done with a former SO being sheriff. We've been trying that for years.
All they want is their turn at the trough, along with all their buds.

You could have worked McCain security too, if they didn't have a security
clearance requirement.

05-12-2008, 10:17 PM
Is Doc Ely wearing a "Tasers Kill, Stop the Abuse" T-Shirt???? WTF??? Yes. And he broke away from the Morgan campaign months ago over the taser issue among other things. He's now a Larry Scapecchi supporter. The democrats are more of an anti taser crowd. Congratulations the "penut gallery" is changing sides!

05-12-2008, 10:36 PM
Is Doc Ely wearing a "Tasers Kill, Stop the Abuse" T-Shirt???? WTF??? Yes. And he broke away from the Morgan campaign months ago over the taser issue among other things. He's now a Larry Scapecchi supporter. The democrats are more of an anti taser crowd. Congratulations the "penut gallery" is changing sides!

Doc Ely is not a Larry Scapecchi supporter.

05-12-2008, 11:25 PM

Try asking him. He doesn't support Morgan anymore. He damn sure ain't a McNugget. Running out of choices. Would you rather have him support Lucas?

05-13-2008, 12:21 AM

Try asking him. He doesn't support Morgan anymore. He darn sure ain't a McNugget. Running out of choices. Would you rather have him support Lucas?

He is a Kook like Morgan and Craig and thus will always and forever be one of them.

05-13-2008, 01:17 AM
Oh, so now we want to turn on Larry. Larry is clearly the only real threat against the Sheriff and so he becomes a target.

I have worked for Larry, nearly two years worth. The man is all about integrity and accountability. He was there when he was needed. I mean I saw more of him than any other LT I have ever worked under, so to say he spent all of his time running his personal business while at work is a load of crap.
The man is genuine. He tells it like it is and the public is loving it. He will restore fairness accross the board and don't expect to see the good ole boy of rewarding all my friends and supporters prevail. I guarantee all the selections he makes will be on merit. He will promote the deserving if there is a warranted spot to fill. No checks for stripes, no made up positions, no good ole boy BS.

So the man had a successful side business, who cares, it never got in the way of him doing his job. If he get's elected he is turnng over the business to family to devote his full attention to the office. There is nothing "shady" about this guy.

Ask anyone who has worked for. You will find no better. I would trust him with my kids, trust him to have my back and I trust him to restore fairness and integrity back to the SO. His expierence is worth more than any 4 or six year degree. I ought to know, since I have a degree myself.

Don't take my word for it, ask around. You will find no one better for 2008

05-14-2008, 01:18 AM
The above post is telling it like it is exactly. Those who want to make him look bad are the ones who won't look good when the people start seeing the difference. Larry is the best choice. And you can't buy him. He isn't for sale. That is the best part. If you want to see he is like call him and see for yourself.