PDA

View Full Version : Promotion EXAM

05-05-2008, 04:12 PM
How many are taking the exam this time, or is it worth the time?

05-05-2008, 04:30 PM
Probably worth it to those that want to be promoted....

05-05-2008, 09:56 PM

Yeah, the fee to take the exam is $500.

05-06-2008, 04:56 AM

That is funny to bad it's true...$500 if you want to be promoted!

05-06-2008, 05:42 PM

That is funny to bad it's true...$500 if you want to be promoted!

Sad but true... look at his buddy DB who (in my opinion) is dumber than a box of rocks. He got promoted how?

05-07-2008, 03:27 PM
DB ???

05-12-2008, 01:51 PM
The exam sucked.

05-12-2008, 05:14 PM
The exam sucked.

Someone didnt study.

05-12-2008, 05:52 PM
Anonymous wrote:
The exam sucked.

Someone didnt study.

But what about the $500 free pass?

05-12-2008, 06:45 PM
You still have to pass it or have people lie for you when you are caught cheating.

05-12-2008, 07:18 PM
Well I did study, and the exam was hard(probably bombed it [in the negative sense]) No politics to it. You want to do well at any job (or test) and be respected by your peers. Having said that I also believe there has to be a better format for a written exam than that.

05-13-2008, 12:26 AM
How many passed, or should I say how many failed?

05-13-2008, 01:03 AM
Word going around is 29 passed total. exam sucked!!!!

05-13-2008, 01:10 AM
Did the exam suck because the people that failed it didn't study enough, or is it that the " right people" (29) didn't pass it?

05-13-2008, 03:55 AM
I find it hard to believe that a test taken by almost 130 people and only @ 29 passed, that the rest didn't study enough. The highest score Ive heard so far is 80...

05-13-2008, 10:53 AM
So I guess you want to punish the individuals that passed the test? Seems to me that if it was a bad test everyone would have failed it. Sounds like
maybe someone was not able to pass the test, that the administration wanted?

05-13-2008, 12:04 PM
If only 29 out of 130 passed then it is an invalid test by all recognized testing measures. A 78% failure rate indicates the test did not test what the tested knew, but measured what the tested did not know. The test should be thrown out and a new test that tests for what the job is looking for in a candidate should be prepared.

Whoever prepared the test obviously have no or very limited knowledge of what should be tested for in a law enforcement supervisor’s job.

05-13-2008, 12:57 PM
Sounds like someone is unhappy? Daddy didn't hold your hand?

05-13-2008, 02:31 PM
100 failed the test? Out of 129 that’s crazy. Man only approximately 1/5 passed the test they should take another look at the testing material and how the questions were worded. Also what are the scores of the ones that pass? Are the scores low? If the ones that pass have low scores, well that should tell you something.
I did not take the test I was just commenting from an instructor’s point of view.

05-13-2008, 02:36 PM
Sure some people are unhappy about the exam, that is kind of normal isnt it? Most the people that took the exam that studied (which would be more than those that did not study) could have answered 80% or better of the questions correctly had they been fill in the blank. Most people I spoke with Knew the correct answers. However, due to the way the "Most correct answer's", were worded they caused doubt and a lack of confidence in the test taker. The correct answer was not there, only one that was more correct than others. This style of exam is not for the novice. A single word cleverly placed changes the direction of your answer. I believe a better format is obtainable, that could better test the officer knowledge of policy and FSS.

05-14-2008, 01:07 AM
okay so it wasn't the best test. Congrats to those who passed. Those who took it had the balls to try anyway instead of just laying back. They all deserve credit for making the effort.

05-14-2008, 01:52 AM
Well said....

05-14-2008, 12:57 PM
Well said....I wonder how many who failed the test wished they had their campaign contribution money back now!!!!.......Yeeeeeeehaaaaw!

05-14-2008, 04:11 PM
I believe you will notice not many have contributed to begin with, so keep the cheap shots ref. the test to yourself.

05-15-2008, 02:34 AM
http://www.measinc.us/

just a little light reading about our test and the people who made it. Click on the phamphlet and have a look.

05-15-2008, 03:39 AM
http://www.measinc.us/

just a little light reading about our test and the people who made it. Click on the phamphlet and have a look.

Customized - Promotional Examinations - Police and Fire Services

Using a wide-ranging computerized bank of questions drawn from standard sources in the police and fire services, MEAS is able to develop reasonably priced, customized promotional examinations.

Working with the agency, MEAS prepares an examination plan and reading list, eliminating chapters, pages, or even paragraphs in sources chosen when they are not locally job-related. The agency may select the number of questions from each source or identify areas which should be emphasized on the test. The client may, at an extra cost, use local sources in the test such as procedures manuals, equipment manuals, union contracts, and state or municipal codes in the construction of their tests.

Since each customized test is unique, it is not usually feasible to empirically validate these tests. The examination plan helps to assure job-relatedness. Jobrelatedness may be further assured by having command or training staff review the test after administration but before scoring. Alternatively, a candidate review proceeding, under secure conditions, may be held after the test. Questions that are not job-related may be removed before scoring.

The cost for customized promotional examination depends upon the choice of sources. Use of standard sources already in the MEAS files requires only the basic fee. Use of new questions from standard sources requires an additional charge per new question. Once a new question has been used on a test, that item that may be reused on subsequent or concurrent test without additional charge. Subsequent reuse of a test allows for a reduced service fee.

Call for more information about our customized promotional testing service.

PRICE LIST
Entry-Level Examinations (Police and Fire)
* Basic Service Fee (per administration) $ 220.00
* Study Guides (each) 3.50

Test Booklets
* 1st thru 50th booklets (each) 11.00
* 51st thru 100th booklet (each) 9.00
* 101st thru 200th booklet (each) 7.00
* 201st and above (each) 6.00

Restocking fee for unused returns
* Study Guides (each) 0.20
* Test Booklets (each) 0.50

Promotional Examinations
* Shelf test fee $ 400.00-700.00
(Basic service fee for re-use of previously created promotional examination)

Customized test fees (per question used):
* Standard source questions 10.00
* Specialized source questions 20.00
* New state code questions 20.00
* New local source questions 40.00

Related Services:
Computerized Scoring Services (optional)
* Basic set-up fee $ 25.00
* Scoring fee (per answer sheet) 0.50

Other Materials and Services
* Test user list (Entry-level tests) N/C
* Test administration checklist N/C
* Scoring templates (with order) N/C
* Optional candidate ID forms (each)(for anonymous scoring) 0.75
* Answer sheets (with order) N/C
* Administration, validation, and other professional services CALL

Prices vary with service levels requested and are subject to change without notice - - - Effective date 04/20/2007