PDA

View Full Version : Advice

05-04-2008, 11:47 PM
For one, there is no such thing as a perfect police department; for that matter there is no such thing as a perfect organization, business, etc. Go find the perfect police department and tell me about it, I will apply.

Every agency has the same problems and issues. Really look at the whole scope of things and ask yourself if its that bad. If it is, than get out. But as long as your collecting a paycheck from an organization, you owe it to them to at least support them, if not that, then dont work against it. There are 1000's of people out of work and looking for work so be thankful you have a job. Also, there are 100's of people out there would love to be police officers but cant.

I will not even attempt to get involved in your issues or who is who because i dont know the facts or care to know the facts. This is all an outside view point, take it for what its worth.

For one, i dont think anyone has the right to come on here and name names or even hint to a person or use nicknames unless they have the decency to sign their name and not use an alias.

To Serge, i respect you sir. I do not know your story, but at least you have the dignity to sign your name, and what you said about the news and the group wanting you to speak on their behalf or whatever, i commend you for still thinking of the police department as a department, and not just the people that you think wronged you. Not saying they did or didnt, again i dont no your story.

Your department is what you make of it. Just think, all the offiers you have that have one day - 3 years expereience - they are the ones that will be the sgts in 10 years, and they are the ones who will be the LTs in 15 years, and heck one of them might be a future Major or the chief. Teach them right.

Stop whining and complaining about what is wrong. Go to the source and fix it. If you cant fix it then dont worry about it. Dont worry about what all the anonymous posters say about certain people - have an open mind until you have an experience with someone that makes you think different of them. Whats wrong with going to work, doing your tour, and going home. Who cares what goes on during other shifts. Who cares who is doing what with you, you know what your doing and who its with so thats that.

Look at what you DO have and be thankful. In most police departments outside of florida you DONT get take home cars, EVER. I would be happy to wait 10 years to get a take home car, because the majority of the police world never gets one period.

Remember, you are the future of your agency, and this website is not portraying a positive image. Regardless if you work at this department, were fired, or quit, you are all police officers and have etics and morals, and is it correct to come on here and air out all the dirty laundry right here? To the anonoymous posters, im SURE if you posted your names theres tons of stuff other people can come out with that you have done.

I just hope that your more ethical on the job and on the streets than you are behind your keyboards; and that the potential applicant pool that comes on here to shop around and see where they may want to work can look through the negative people on here and realize that every department does have some negatives, and negative people; some just coward behind a keyboard and prefer to be surrounded by drama.

05-05-2008, 01:35 AM
another thing, do you really think the criminals are affraid of you, the police officer?? No they are not. They are affraid of the badge and all that it stands for. They know they may be able to win the fight against the officer, but they know they will never win the battle against the police. You need to put your petty little school playground differences aside and unite to achieve the common goal we all have; theres more than enough criminals to fight out on the street, stop fighting amongst each other, especially where the public can see it.

05-05-2008, 01:45 AM
Outsidelookingin, thanks for your Benny Hin motivational speech! Cops aren't signing their names on these posts because they would be committing career sucide. You talk about if you have a problem with your department, then go to the source.Let me give you a history lesson! 45 officers from this department joined an outside union, just so they could recieve fair and unbiased representation during discpline hearings. Since your outside looking in your probably asking why? Our union president was in the lap of administration accepting punishment deals for officers, without giving them any representation. Times you got representation adminstration would set you up with a Dept. Sgt to represent you. That sounds real exciting doesn't it? I wonder who's side the Sgt. was on ? Officers who jumped to the other union , lets guess what they're prize was? Admin. got a hold of those names who left the union , and began to secretly call in these officers on their days off into the Chief's office , and told them Now You Listen Hear!, Your Going To Leave that Union or We'll Finds Ways To Make Sure Your Not Here No More ! Suddenly these officers began to have out of the blue I.A. investigations started on them, because all they wanted was a fair unbiased chance! It sounds like a fair request by these officers! Lets get back to you since your outsidelookingin ,why don't you post your real name on your post , because you have nothing to lose since you don't work here? Since we know this entry was wriiten by someone who is employed with the agency. Listen Up ! 1) we want an admin. who follows the rules they set for others, 2) promotions based on merit, 3) a discipline process that is equal for all 4) Admin . that sticks up for their officers in City Hall, instead of worrying about themselves. Sounds easy doesn't it outsidelookingin?

05-05-2008, 03:24 AM
40 cal -you are right on target its easy to look in from the outside, can you imagine what these out of state cops went through when this dept. Try to convince them admin. were the mesiah's-- as many as 18 came here In the past 4 years,-
Serge was probably the most threatening to them because he was a "big brother" ,,smart,charismatic,fearless , experienced,and right about ALMOST everything he predicted, questioned and critisized, almost always backing it up with a solution. They flaked him by putting him in a squad away from everyone he was friendly with-then got 2 boobs of a LT.and Sgt. to follow him around for 18 months until they slapped him with a trivial force complaint made by THEM and not the perp. he allegedly violated, and that was the best this abbott and costello pair could do-but enough for the admin. anti-christs.
They made him a martyr,and old and new respected him and learned from him without even knowing it-even bosses. you are right outside ,he was respectful and classy to use his name,,honorable with nothing to hide.
He is 1 of the 15 of 18 former cops that came here and were run off or harassed away. 15 of 18 -incredible.
So I guess its easy to be outside looking in and we would love to see this place through the rose colored glasses of the previous blogger, but our optimism is beaten down daily with this and countless other injustices.

05-05-2008, 07:44 PM
Everyone thinks Serge was so great. I have only one experience working with him and that is this: A guy refused to give his real name, therefore, sweet, innocent, upstanding Serge, pulled out a pair of brass knuckles and put them on, showed them to the guy and told him that he would give his name or else....
Hmm... did Serge use too much force??????? You bleeding hearts out there don't know what you are talking about. It's no wonder the citizens hate us so much! And Serge does not stand alone. I have seen many officers break the same laws they have sworn to uphold. You people need to worry more about your own lives than everyone else's. And by the way, FMPD is not God... let something else rule your lives for a change.
This agency is not as bad as you all make it out to be. If you hate it so much then do everyone a favor and go work for another agency that will put your pampers on and powder your behinds each morning. The only thing I am ashamed of in this agency are the one's like yourselves that dog it out. The grass isn't greener...

05-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Hey unbelievable , at least get your facts within 100 miles of accurate. There was NEVER any brass knuckles in that case , nor was it over a wrong name, How about a 3x felon wanted in 2 jurisdictions who put his hands on another cop while fleeing. So get yor facts straight and citizens hate cops because the young ones are trained to be traffic robots, and you are obviously are not a cop, it shows in your tree hugging analysis.
We have a life outside FMPD , so keep your office pub opinion about cops and God for that matter, to your light in the loafers self.

05-05-2008, 08:00 PM
if SERGE had done such a thing as put brass knuckles on and threaten a citizen...WHY? did'nt you report him to your supervisor?..UNBELIEVABLE, you have a duty to act ..you to are in the wrong..WHY ARE YOU CASTING STONES? you are just as guilty as the one you are accusing...UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! :cry: :cry:

05-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Law and Order:

Just so you know... it wasn't the case he got fired over. And I am a believer that we are brothers in this... I would never nark out my brother...
Duty to act????? I know what happens to officers who "act"...

05-05-2008, 08:09 PM
You are all the most unhappy group of people I have ever listened to. I never had any idea how you all feel towards each other! You should ALL be ashamed... these are the same people who may save your life tonite.

05-05-2008, 08:24 PM
that is law enforcement TOOTS!! get out if you can't take it!! :o :o

05-05-2008, 08:36 PM
Than don't bring up something so unrelated ,biased and defaming.
Make up your mind what side your on. some times a little theatrics are necessary to keep things from escalating. Sounded like you were kicking a guy when down(figure of speech-don't panic) and feeling bad for some uncooperative thug. He wasn't putting down the dept. others were, and by the way read the blogs, he stood up for ALL FMPD officers.

05-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Dear unbelievable, can't you guys bash each other without putting my name out there? That said ,terms of use = turn down the name usage and the slander.
Wow , can we bring up more old crap, did I ever spill my coffee and not wipe up every drop? I remember the incident you so elequently chose to mention, and just for the bash club's info.,the knuckles were taken out of a shirt pocket the poor perpetrator was trying to put on, along with a 007 knife. This happened right before he fled out of the apt.,pushing past the female officer I was with.
He was arrested a couple of months of later for the stabbing agg/battery warrant for which he fled in the first place. I really hope it wasn't my partner of that day that wrote this, because I never said anything bad about her ,liked her and thought she was good people.
And no, I don't think I'm so great as you put it in your best 7th grade dialogue, and you guy's keep talking as if "You" are all more perfect than the next guy.
I'm just a guy who's been there -done that-and unlike most of the cynics, at least I was a cop in the 20th century(before 2000 to you folks from the trailer park) . I had a carreer that I wouldn't have traded for anything in the world ,and was fortunate to retire at 42 years old, I should have stayed retired, and I didnt dislike the FMPD- I liked it and MOST of its members, but the rumor is right ,we were made unwelcome by our "brothers." And no its not right to "narc" out brothers over nonsense, and by the way "narc out" is like so last year, stop watching that 70"s show!
The agency has alot of potential and I hope it realizes it soon. Now stop talkin' about me like I'm dead and find a new topic-I'm am not hurt by any of this ,I won't cry to the moderator, First, I collect a pension that is greater than my salary was, 2nd, I know who my friends are ,now can we please find a new forum!! If this keeps up, I have a little time on my hand s and maybe I Might become a moderator:-)

05-06-2008, 02:25 AM
i had the honor of working on shift with serge, i learned more from him than i could have ever hoped to learn from any class/school/officer, the only reason you losers, with nothing else to do at home with your fat/ugly wives, keep trying to slam him is because you never had the balls to say it to his face and the fact that serge will always be more of a COP than any of us could ever hope to be. you are all a bunch of crack head losers......it is better to be thought ignorant than to open your mouth and remove all doubts......keep on talking.....

05-06-2008, 03:34 AM
To outside looking in, Your objectivity is a breath of fresh air, if some people had a portion of it ,things wouldn't come to this. Your post makes too much sense- maybe your on the wrong site. lol.
To sick of it all, Thanks brother ,there is hope for our brotherhood, you sound stand up ,so don't come own to the level of some of these weasels, and, oh, you are a great judge of character!! lol.
To 40 cal. -Thanks bro' ,but who the hell is Benny Hin?! You asked for too much when you started with#1...to all, stay safe and always be stand up .

05-09-2008, 08:35 AM
Hello! outsidelookingin we're all waiting for you to come out from underneath your bunk bed, and sound off like you have a pair! I'll be honest though, your silence speaks volumes. To serge BennY Hinn is the self proclaimed religious spiritual healer thats on outsidellokingin' s T.V. at night right before he or she goes to bed.