PDA

View Full Version : NO talking on police time

05-03-2008, 08:39 AM
In another brilliant PR move the genius that is our leadership has decided that no one will discuss the totally asinine descisions of the dumbasses in charge on company time.

Unless you agree with the idea or you are one of gods chosen few you will refrain from noting that braintrust that is TTPD is totally LWHUA

(leading with head up ass)

carry on and remember god loves all of you........except those in dispatch..........or those that do not agree with me.........

05-03-2008, 09:46 PM
What if god told me to talk about it? am I exempt?

05-04-2008, 02:57 AM
I think it is more important for people who are upset with this proposal , much of which we do not know anything about, to comment on the lack of merit to the proposal itself, rather then the presenter of the proposal. for now, keep personal issue aside so as not to disenfranchise yourself from possible supporters.

I have been attempting to get the minutes from the city clerk, as of Thursday, they were not yet ready, and I was advised possibly Monday. Since these were not available, I emailed the presenter of the proposal, and asked if the proposal could be shared with members in the department to eliminate any false rumors or innuendo. I was advised that he was out of state, and I could not get an answer until , Monday... possibly. Needless to say, I am a ilttle surprised that the email from a city employee offering to donate money($1200 stimulus check) to the city to help with not possibly terminating employees and extending sympathy for and anxiety ridden situation, met with such a response .. i.e. no more emails or discussion on city time about consolidation of dispatch services with the county. I have not received a reply re: my request for information about the situation, although it was presented to council on Monday, and should be available to all to prevent any confusion. one would think this is the best way, to provide smoothing (the proposal) in writing to communicate the information... but that is only my opinion!. I also hope the effective immediately order will be ammended soon, because it would be difficult for PD admin to do anything such as getting information out to people,if all are prohibited from discussing it.

cboss@tampabay.rr.com

05-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Freedom of speech outside of work. Unite, talk and take appropriate civil action. This is the USA.

05-04-2008, 04:42 PM
I strongly suspect these are not officers making these posts. The civilian employees are the one losing there jobs, and it does not make sense that sworn personnel would get this upset when they did not even get this upset when the city was giving us this crappy contract.

To those posters conduct yourself in a manner that would make others want to help you. If you insult and just whine you lessen your chances of a successful challenge to a dubious proposal.

05-04-2008, 09:29 PM
I strongly suspect these are not officers making these posts. The civilian employees are the one losing there jobs, and it does not make sense that sworn personnel would get this upset when they did not even get this upset when the city was giving us this crappy contract.

To those posters conduct yourself in a manner that would make others want to help you. If you insult and just whine you lessen your chances of a successful challenge to a dubious proposal.

Disagreed. Many of the officers realize that this is the 1st step in handing over the entire agency to the county, and the officers don't want that.

05-05-2008, 09:15 PM
I will let you know that it is important for everyone to get involved. By posting my name, those who need to know, will know if I am and officer or not. More importantly, I am a resident of the city of Temple Terrace, and that should have even more weight for the council members who must consider this proposal. I once again attempted to obtain a copy of the budget/workshop policy minutes from the CIty Clerks office, and was told that maybe wednesday or thursday they would be available. I have also not received a reply from the presenter of the proposal about making the proposal available to the city employees so they would have first hand knowledge, not rumour,innuendo, and conflicting verbal statements. I hope the information comes available soon, because there is a city council meeting Tuesday night 5/6/08, see www.templeterrace.com (http://www.templeterrace.com) for more information on times, as they recently changed. This proposal, if indeed it is to eliminate the communications center and employees, and eliminate records and employees, and then turn these services over to HCSO, with the officers using HCSO report writing and HCSO dispatchers would be a terrible event for our citizens and the safety of the officers in our city. financial situations are normally very cyclical, and things will rebound (even from the ridiculus ammendment 1. citizens of Temple Terrace voted against this ammendment and we were all promised that there would be no impact on public safety services,well this will be a big one- YOUR service will decline)... if communications and records are eliminated they will never come back when financial times are brighter. I plan on being a citizen of this city for a long time, and after two or so years many others will not be, so it is important to not destroy the character of our department and the way in which our citizens are served, by allowing this to happen regardless of the possible cost savings. they will be inconsequential when compared to the loss of service the citizens will receive, and the decline in the safety and security of our citizens and their officers. I encourage everyone to become knowledgeable re: the proposal, and make your opinion known to city council. It is council who direct the city staff, and it is citizens that direct council, with their input an opinions. My personal opinion is to say NO to consolidated dispatching/records with HCSO

cboss@tampabay.rr.com

05-06-2008, 01:53 AM
My wife was in contact with the Chamber of Commerce Director prior to the recent "do not discuss" order and explained what we knew about the proposal to her (Ms. Donohue). My wife admitted little knowledge, but she got the idea that the businesses would not be in support of this change. So, please maintain your professionalism and take positive steps to explain the impact of such a change. The negative attacks do not really help; but education, planning, and patience could make a significant impact.

Remember that leaders of private companies also make decisions to reduce man-power. It is the job of managers to consider every avenue (even ours). We are in a better position than private businesses because the management here needs to get approval before making such changes through City Council. If the reasons not to reduce are sound, Council will make the right decision.

But - everyone must be willing to make an effort in whatever way they can. :!:

05-13-2008, 07:28 PM
Show your support and say how you really feel.

visit http://www.myspace.com/preservetempleterrace