PDA

View Full Version : Cut the crap

05-01-2008, 10:57 PM
Seriously, there are certain things we cannot solve. You know, pay issues, who our director is, who quits, or gets hired. Therefore, why do we keep talking shit about people's return or anything else beyond our control.

Think about it, in this job you have good off-duties, can get involved in pretty much any case you want to pertaining to licensed premises, and if they lead you outside, good for you. And the schedule, need I say more? What about the fact that we don't have to anwer bullshit calls (barking dog, loud music, domestics, criminal mischief, delayed burglaries, etc.)?

Yeah, a hot call is nice, but even that gets old. What I'm trying to say is we have to take pride and quit putting ourselves down. Trust me, there are many shitty agencies out there, which make ours look like a dream.

Find the good in the agency and stick with it. If you want to go back to answering calls for service, go for it. It might give you a good perspective of what you had and come back; or you really are a road dog and feel back at home at a P.D./S.O.

Regardless, stay safe.

05-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Good perspective and I agree with 99.9% of what you say. I do take issue with one thing though. A barking dog complaint is important to the person(s) being offended (or disturbed) by it and your analysis of it being a BS complaint is off base. I guess that attitude explains why the PD where I live comes out and warns the inconsiderate person who allows his barking dog (hours, hours hours, morning, afternoon, 3:00 am etc) 150 times before a citations is issued. What I've learned over the years is that there's a sure way to get a violators attention: put handcuffs on the ass*hole and put him in the back of a police vehicle or get in his wallet. Inconsequential warnings are ignored and only contribute adversely to the situation. What I'm saying is that while one may look at these matters as minor, petty etc. if you consider the position of the person being affected by it you have an opportunity to impress that person with a positive response and it replaces the attitude of "it's all about me" to one of having done something good for someone.

"People forget how fast you
did a job, but they remember how
well you did it."

Howard W. Newton

05-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Alrighty FD thanks for nothing....aren't you retired? Sooooo why do you care and why would we want to hear what you think?

The guy was trying to make a point about how good, compared to some other agencies we have it...not to say that barking dogs don't bother people. Geeze stick to what you know. :lol: :arrow: :roll: :lol:

05-02-2008, 11:12 PM
It's better than good. I am proud to be part of the agency and have many friends answering calls for service at SO's/PD's who would happily trade places with me. There really is little to complain about in the big scheme of things.

Eveybody be safe.