PDA

View Full Version : Sergeants please do everyone a Favor

05-01-2008, 10:10 PM
In effort to keep morale and performance at its peak , please do not speak to the troops about "picking up the slack", clearing calls and clearing for calls faster and creating more stats , when your old squadmates who worked with you when you were a Patrol officer called you "09BRAVO" as a term of affection. Thats no insult to you or is it intended to be. The event is not important

no one is perfect .... we all understand the goodness behind the motivational speech I am told that was made. No big deal But we do not operate in a enviorment where we all dont know each others backgrounds and history.

I wasn't there if I was I would have said something right there. Its important that we guard our integrity and understand that we should not throw stones in any glass house that we could be standing in .

Again No biggie , we are all on the same team wearing the same patch .
We all want the same thing, Be safe and help the citizens of our city.
So far were doing a great job , lets try to keep morale at a good peak.

The cops we work with get the job done all the time every time when it comes to real police work. The supervisors are all fair and honest and really care about this agency and the officers working for it.

I am not long for this place , but I must say I am proud of the men and women of this Department. Lets keep things positive and be safe out there! Lets just keep it a positive enviorment that it is and the job will get done.

05-01-2008, 11:36 PM
I don't know what you are talking about, but here it goes. If a Sergeant is saying this in roll call there may be several reasons. One of those is because there are plenty of cops that would be more than content to have everyone answer their calls! You know exactly who I am talking about! Part of the problem is that cops in general are getting much worse at policing themselves and their squad mates. It used to be that if someone was slacking or sluffing, we would tell the SOB to cut that shit out! That time is long gone.

There are certain supervisors that if they stand in roll call and tell us to quit milking calls, I can deal with it, because they were workers.

05-02-2008, 02:31 AM
Listen I heard the speech...It was good , The spirit was good, The reason for it was good..No issue here nothing to see , move along..

I understand what your sayin , some speech givers are always ranting every week about something, and next week it will be a diffrent topic.

you are correct its is no big deal.

I tell you what is more of a big deal...I dont know if you have been paying attention to roll call but have you noticed all the Violent bad guys who are getting violent with cops ? it is picking up more then ever.

They all blend in beacuse there is so many lately, but I belive things are getting more dangerous. for all of us.

05-02-2008, 04:26 AM
stay safe out there, you guys. and take care of each other, please. in the end the most important thing is that you come home to your families in one piece.