PDA

View Full Version : Eliminations

04-30-2008, 11:01 AM
What's with the rumor that some of your civilian positions are going to be outsourced?

04-30-2008, 02:51 PM
not a rumor , fact. The administration feels cutting departments will be good for the department.

04-30-2008, 07:15 PM
I am sorry, but I live in Temple Terrace, can someone explain what they are going to cut? I will be very angry if you are cutting my police and fire services.

04-30-2008, 11:25 PM
during a city budget workshop, a porposal was put forth ( and negotiations are currently ongoing)by the police department to outsource police records and ttpd police and fire communications to the HCSO. this would either be accomplished or not by 9/30/08 if certain protocols could be met. I would recommend to anyone interested to please contact the city clerk and obtain a copy of the minutes of the tuesday 4/28/08 budget workshop/policy meeting so that there is no miscommunication of items discussed. the minutes should partially discuss potential money savings to the city in the future. I believe that this will impact TTPD's service to the citizens of Temple Terrace, and could potentially pose officer safety issues. I encourage citizens of Temple Terrace to do their research and contact city council and the mayor with any concerns you may have. A well inform public is the true decision maker in government. Soon your call for assistance could go to 8th ave and 22nd in Ybor, rather then City Hall cboss@tampabay.rr.com

05-01-2008, 12:37 AM
you must be kidding, who in their right mind would suggest such a thing? lose our own people for county people? idiocy!!!!!! HCSO would be the worst idea yet.

Just another instance of your admin working for YOU.

05-01-2008, 11:40 AM
It is one step closer to our policemen becomnig deputies. Once we start giving up our services, we won't be getting them back.

I lived in the County, it takes a long time for the Sheriffs Office to get here on a call. When we were annexed into the City, I became spoiled to how quickly we can get police and fire here. I would hate to loose that.

05-01-2008, 12:13 PM
I have been in police work for over 30 plus years..I have worked at 3 agencies including an SO agency. Without doubt, a CITY agency is far better for the citizens. The response time is way better, you have open communications to the staff and Chief. The CITY wants to do everything to help the citizens including reducing crime. Also the dispatch center at CITIES are better as there is too much lag time from the 911 dispatch center to the actual dispatcher. With a CITY , the person can be on the phone or next to someone giving the police the information almost immediatly! Keep all your important CITY services. If anything has to be cut look at libraraies, lawn cutting services, and outsource services such as billing services, etc. Good Luck !

05-01-2008, 12:59 PM
I have been in police work for over 30 plus years..I have worked at 3 agencies including an SO agency. Without doubt, a CITY agency is far better for the citizens. The response time is way better, you have open communications to the staff and Chief. The CITY wants to do everything to help the citizens including reducing crime. Also the dispatch center at CITIES are better as there is too much lag time from the 911 dispatch center to the actual dispatcher. With a CITY , the person can be on the phone or next to someone giving the police the information almost immediatly! Keep all your important CITY services. If anything has to be cut look at libraraies, lawn cutting services, and outsource services such as billing services, etc. Good Luck !
Typical City Councel meeting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP-n3E43M3Y

05-01-2008, 06:37 PM
This is NOT council this is the police hierarchy. they submitted it to council for review. I pray council is smarter than any of our people

05-02-2008, 02:53 PM
you must be kidding, who in their right mind would suggest such a thing? lose our own people for county people? idiocy!!!!!! HCSO would be the worst idea yet.

Just another instance of your admin working for YOU.

That just means god does not love you.

05-05-2008, 01:56 AM
i have talked this situation over with god this morning at breakfest ......... even god does not like the idea of getting rid of our dispatchers

05-08-2008, 11:33 PM
The Budget workshop/policy meeting has been posted on www.templeterrace.com (http://www.templeterrace.com) it is listed under agendas/minutes for special meetings 4/29 /08. First, I encourage all citizens to look at the minutes and get involved. Contact your city council and mayor and let them know how you feel after you become informed. their emails are also on the Temple Terrace site. This is an issue that will have an impact on Temple Terrace for generations to come, if it is approved. The results will last long after elected officals are no longer in service,(city and county) and others have left the city because they have found their calling elsewhere. Second, I ask all of you to ask for the proposal,(if you can get it) so that you are aware of all the research and potential money savings to the city, and studies showing any impact on services. (not just a belief that it will be seamless)

It is my opinion that this proposal will be very detrimential to city services, citizens,officer safety, and the character of the community.
I am a concerned citizen with a unique viewpoint. I, (and others) am not a radical extremeist as may have been portrayed by other people .

If you would like addtional information, please email me at cboss@tampbay.rr.com

05-08-2008, 11:59 PM
I don't see any listing under Special Meetings for 04/29/08. Things that make you go HMMMMMMMMMM

05-09-2008, 12:33 AM
Iapologize, it was under work session minutes
http://www.templeterrace.com/govt/minut ... 042908.pdf (http://www.templeterrace.com/govt/minutes/special/Minutes_WS_042908.pdf)

05-09-2008, 01:10 AM
Bob Boss is terrific, I love this guy. (in a heterosexual way of course)

I would love to see Councilman Boss after he retires I would vote for him....................... twice!!!

05-09-2008, 04:10 AM
I do not want to be the focus of this issue. It is a City of Temple Terrace issue. I post my name and information so I do not violate the TOS of this site, it would probably be easier to post under "Guest", but I want to insure the information stays available, and is not removed.. My goal is to make citizens who will be affected by this proposal/presentation of a cost savings... aware of all the information. I would much prefer never to post, but the citizens of our city need to be informed, this has not happened, except for the one meeting.
cboss@tampabay.rr.com

05-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Today at 1017 for the first time in writing the proposal was set out to the members of the Temple Terrace police department. That is 15 hours after it was emailed to the citizens. The approximately 1000 words contained in the thought of the week is the first documentation (possibly only) that could possibly changed the character of Temple Terrace for years to come. I believe the citizens deserve more information to support this drastic change, and they deserve the respect to not be left out of the process. I belive they should demand more then 1,000 words. This is an irreversible decision, if it is put into practice. Please become informed on the issue and contact your council and mayor. Let them know how you feel. Already plans are being made at HCSO to provide space for Temple Terrace communications at Tampa. Already laptops have been sent out to study compatability. This looks like a plan set into motion, not an investigatory study. I believe that citizen input should come first. It is not always best to ask forgiveness, then to ask permission. I think our citizens deserved to be asked for their permission first ,before we storm headfirst into a situation from which there is no recovery. 9/30/08 is not far away. ACT NOW BEFORE THINGS GET TOO OUT OF HAND! The safety and security of Temple Terrace for generations to come depend on it.

cboss@tampabay.rr.com

05-10-2008, 01:40 AM
Bob Boss in 08!

05-10-2008, 04:10 AM
Who do i call because i will not stand for my police to be coming from some other place. i think it is dangerous for you officers and the residents i moved here and have been happy with city services fire and police are important to me. i will not stand for this WHO do we call and who is responsible for this mess?

05-10-2008, 07:15 AM
The City Manager, Mayor, Chief, Deputy Chief and 1 of the LT's are the ones that are responsible for this crap... I like how the PD is 29% of the total city budget but yet OUR admin wants to make the biggest cutbacks??? Contact your City Council members and let them know how you feel so it will not pass. It is up to Citizen Joe to get involved... Don't forget TOWN HALL MEETING TUESDAY 05-13-08 AT THE TT LIBRARY. LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD.

05-10-2008, 01:26 PM
All representatives of the city can be reached by email through www.templeterrace.com (http://www.templeterrace.com) . there are also phone numbers provided. they are all city residents and the womens club city guide has additional information. council and the mayor are there to here the citizens input. You deserve to be heard on this before it it too late. Make your voice known. tell others about this information.

cboss@tampabay.rr.com

05-10-2008, 02:15 PM
I was directed to this site and I cannot believe what is going to happen. I want to raise hell as high as I can to all involved. I will bring my neighbors also. This is NOT why I moved here. I want my police and fire to come from the city. Whoever suggested this needs a new job because they do not understand the philosophy of this city. Try taking my services and you will pay with your job. We can get someone in there that understands their responsibilities.

05-11-2008, 03:44 PM
It appears as if the management is trying to accomplish necessary cuts without cutting sworn officers. Everyone is bemoaning the current plan, but nobody is suggesting other places where cuts could better be made.

05-11-2008, 03:46 PM
It appears as if the management is trying to accomplish necessary cuts without cutting sworn officers. Everyone is bemoaning the current plan, but nobody is suggesting other places where cuts could better be made.

05-11-2008, 05:36 PM
You are actually wrong. they want to cut this so they ca ADD officers. I want to add officers but not at the expense of the system we have.

05-11-2008, 05:56 PM
You are actually wrong. they want to cut this so they ca ADD officers. I want to add officers but not at the expense of the system we have.

Fair enough. Thanks for the clarification. I'm with you - it's a dumb idea.

05-12-2008, 02:28 AM
B. Boss for CHIEF in 2010... I will promote it. He's a cop's cop!!!!!!

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

05-12-2008, 11:17 AM
FOR MORE INFO VISIT SAVEOURPD.COM

05-13-2008, 07:13 PM
Let them know what you really think..and find out the truth

visit http://www.myspace.com/preservetempleterrace

05-14-2008, 09:46 PM
I would like to thank the Mayor, council members and City staff for providing the oppurtunity of the town hall meeting for citizens to present their input to our community leaders. It is important to sort through different ideas. I was very encouraged for my communities future from some of the responses that council and the mayor provided. The re-iterated that they will be the deciding factor in making the final decision on the reccomendation by the chief of police that communications be eliminated and outsourced to HCSO. The citizens seemed not to support the chiefs recomendation to outsource communications to HCSO. It was put forth at the meeting that this was only a proposal, but..... If you go to the city council budget policy/workshop minutes you will see that the Chief did in fact recomend this proposal. This is not a time to stop communicating with council and the mayor. Time is more important then ever, this idea could be forced upon the city by the end of june. There is a council meeting next Tuesday at 6pm goand speak up, email, call and speak in person about your feelings. There is so much contradiction with what is being communicated that people need to know the answers, when they ask questions. The answers should always be the same!

cboss@tampabay.rr.com

also visit www.saveourpd.com (http://www.saveourpd.com) for up to date information about HCSO dispatchers in TTPD communications overseeing everything.

05-15-2008, 09:32 PM
Thanks to all involved in the process, citizens, city council, Mayor Affronti and City Staff. From the City Managers Report-
Services Consolidation – Based on Council’s input and discussion, the administration will not pursue consolidating the City’s emergency communications services with Hillsborough County’s. However, as discussed at the April 29 budget policy workshop, the administration will continue to follow-up on the Mayor/City Council’s suggestion to pursue other areas for mutual financial benefit

There is still much to be done as a community. Please be willing to share ideas and suggestions. Do not be afraid to become involved with your city leaders. It is our city to make better every day!

cboss@tampabay.rr.com