PDA

View Full Version : relocation

04-29-2008, 09:30 AM
I am looking to relocate and I have a couple of questions. What would be the starting salary for a sworn LEO with 5 plus years of experience? What is your take home policy? What are your PIT and Pursuit policy. How long are your days? If you lived in Sarasota County near the Charlotte County Line which agency would you work for if not your own ad what would your reasons be? Thanks for any input. To help me in my decision. I will post this on some other area boards as well.

04-29-2008, 10:40 PM
You only have 5 years on and besides the salary the only thing you ask about is the pursuit and pit policy. Nothing about health care , pension, promotion,,,real estate, schools etc...How about you stay right where your at,,,,we have enough hot shots!

05-01-2008, 05:40 PM
AMEN!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: STAY WHERE YOU ARE PLEASE

05-03-2008, 04:46 AM
Maybe I made the right choice early in life and don't have to worry about healthcare, pension, or retirement. If you are worried about those things then start a new career because you can do alot better in other job choices.

What if I believe in fighting crime and not sitting under a tree and looking at my stock options in the paper and concerning myself with which eating establishment will comp my meal. Good things come to those that do good not just those thinking about doing good. Every Punk I am able to apprehend using the tools given to me adds more funds to my "Karma Bank Account".

I asked about pit and pursuit because I know crime rates go up without them. Take Tampa and St. Pete. St. Pete has more auto thefts than Tampa per capita and I believe it is because they don't pursue. St. Pete has almost 300 auto thefts a month. A bird in hand is better than two that got away becaue you turned your ass around with your tail between your legs. If someone runs from the police, they should be stopped and stopped now.

I said I have at leat 5 years. You assume that is all I have. I know alot of places will start you out as a 5 year officer. I don't want to give out to much info on here because my department makes it a witch hunt when they find out someone is leaving.