PDA

View Full Version : FHP 5% raise during "deep cuts" period

04-29-2008, 02:21 AM
Well it seems the merger is DOA and in my humble opinion that is a good thing. However, the only state employees to receive a raise this year will be FHP. Even in the time of "deep cuts" to education, health care, and so many other areas, they are still getting 5%. I do not understand this at all. From what I have been hearing we (MCCO) couldn't even have our CVSA pay increased last year (I think) even though it was Federal dollars. Supposedly the legislators said no b/c it wasn't going to be across the board for all SLEO'S. What happened to that principal now. I know "its bullsh@t". So now I'm left wondering what to do. If I can somehow get all of the legislators contact info as well as PBA (email, PH#, address) I will let them know how I feel. It may not do any good but it might make me feel better. Any help on that issue?

04-29-2008, 07:33 PM
Yes, FHP is hiring, but you'll have to work weekends, midnights, and holidays.

04-29-2008, 09:39 PM

Their schedule sucks, and they now are apparently hiring "slow" and "special" people.

04-30-2008, 01:44 AM
Simply put they suck, they are still crying that 5% is not enough. They are ticket writers, they would $hit if they had to do police work. The legislature is awful, and Crist should veto their raise.

04-30-2008, 01:59 AM
Simply put they suck, they are still crying that 5% is not enough. They are ticket writers, they would $hit if they had to do police work. The legislature is awful, and Crist should veto their raise.

If he veto's the raise, Troopers will go apoplectic (word of the day). The FHP forum will be like the comedy channel.

04-30-2008, 02:25 AM

I do not know where you work but I do work weekends and holidays.

04-30-2008, 03:59 PM

I guess weighing a truck is "real" police work?

05-02-2008, 03:26 AM
You guys are more like the people that change the oil in my FHP patrol car than anything that looks like law enforcement. When was your last drug arrest, when did you work your last fatality, when did you through someone in jail for a warrant. When did you do a domestic on I-75. Oh yah you don't. No nights, weekends, holidays, and no 5%. Loosers...

JMONEY1503
05-02-2008, 03:41 AM
You guys are more like the people that change the oil in my FHP patrol car than anything that looks like law enforcement. When was your last drug arrest, when did you work your last fatality, when did you through someone in jail for a warrant. When did you do a domestic on I-75. Oh yah you don't. No nights, weekends, holidays, and no 5%. Loosers...

WoW!!!

Looks like somebody is jealous. Hey MCC is always hiring. Then again you need to learn how to use "spell check" before applying.

Just for your 43!! :lol:

05-03-2008, 12:16 AM
No, spell check would not have worked because vasoline doesn't know the difference between through and throw. But then again we are talking about a trooper. A trooper named vasoline at that!!

05-05-2008, 08:14 PM
No, spell check would not have worked because vasoline doesn't know the difference between through and throw. But then again we are talking about a trooper. A trooper named vasoline at that!!

They got the vasoline, I'm glad their big pay bill didn't go through and they don't deserve 5%. They are whining about not writing tickets now just warnings. Thats a good thing for all the Law Enforcement Officers of the state, they don't have to worry about FHP stroking them now.

05-06-2008, 02:05 AM
You guys aren't the same as the FHP because (1) they left being lumped-in with all the other SLEO's nearly a year ago and (2) you don't take calls for service. I wouldn't plan on anything great happening that could help you financially until you get on board, walk the halls of the Senate & the House with the FHP, and then EARN your claim to equitable treatment. Quite a concept, huh? You can't come to the trough if your not part of the herd. Face it...You folks have a different mission which is more regulatory than anything else. No one on the FHP has ever heard of a "rain day". WTF? If you want to be treated like a "law enforcement" officer then YOUR leadership on top needs to quit treating you like a "regulatory officer". Until your agency walks the walk, you can't talk the talk. Here's a novel idea to start wth...MCCO's should be out when they're most needed...like on the midnight shift when outlaw truckers run unchecked without any enforcement from the agency RESPONSIBLE for the job. How about the MCCO's handling ALL "commercial vehicle" crashes and showing everyone all this great CMV expertise we've heard about. How about MCCO's doing regular "CMV" speed enforcement wolf packs to save a couple of lives? Lord knows that Troopers shouldn't pull that end of YOUR load. You're life would get better with a merger but you'll have to EARN all the other priveleges when the time comes. We'll see ya next year...maybe.

05-06-2008, 02:40 AM
You guys aren't the same as the FHP because (1) they left being lumped-in with all the other SLEO's nearly a year ago and (2) you don't take calls for service. I wouldn't plan on anything great happening that could help you financially until you get on board, walk the halls of the Senate & the House with the FHP, and then EARN your claim to equitable treatment. Quite a concept, huh? You can't come to the trough if your not part of the herd. Face it...You folks have a different mission which is more regulatory than anything else. No one on the FHP has ever heard of a "rain day". WTF? If you want to be treated like a "law enforcement" officer then YOUR leadership on top needs to quit treating you like a "regulatory officer". Until your agency walks the walk, you can't talk the talk. Here's a novel idea to start wth...MCCO's should be out when they're most needed...like on the midnight shift when outlaw truckers run unchecked without any enforcement from the agency RESPONSIBLE for the job. How about the MCCO's handling ALL "commercial vehicle" crashes and showing everyone all this great CMV expertise we've heard about. How about MCCO's doing regular "CMV" speed enforcement wolf packs to save a couple of lives? Lord knows that Troopers shouldn't pull that end of YOUR load. You're life would get better with a merger but you'll have to EARN all the other priveleges when the time comes. We'll see ya next year...maybe.

I have a load for you to pull storm trooper, 8515 is the same class code for us all

05-06-2008, 03:07 PM

I agree with somethings mentioned above about our brass needing balls to stand up for us, but you obviously are jealous with our job function. I do weekends, holidays and midnights. We DOT, just want what is right like everyone else in SLEO. We should be paid what we deserve. Yes we do have slugs in our department like yours, but we also have people that do drug/ criminal interdiction. Comparatively speaking, our stats are most likely higher than FHP's, minus the speacialty units. No we don't take calls cause thats not our purpose, but we do help out agencies when asked or requested via dispatch. I recall also that our agency made all of us in our agency go through Post Crash School because of an M.O.U. (memorandum of understanding) with FHP to work the CMV part of the crash when requested by you. You forget many of us came from other LE agencies and know how to work crashes. It is also taught in the basic recruit class, so I can do your job. It doesn't take a rocket scientist or a higher certification to do it.

05-06-2008, 03:08 PM

I agree with somethings mentioned above about our brass needing balls to stand up for us, but you obviously are jealous with our job function. I do weekends, holidays and midnights. We DOT, just want what is right like everyone else in SLEO. We should be paid what we deserve. Yes we do have slugs in our department like yours, but we also have people that do drug/ criminal interdiction. Comparatively speaking, our stats are most likely higher than FHP's, minus the speacialty units. No we don't take calls cause thats not our purpose, but we do help out agencies when asked or requested via dispatch. I recall also that our agency made all of us in our agency go through Post Crash School because of an M.O.U. (memorandum of understanding) with FHP to work the CMV part of the crash when requested by you. You forget many of us came from other LE agencies and know how to work crashes. It is also taught in the basic recruit class, so I can do your job. It doesn't take a rocket scientist or a higher certification to do it.

05-09-2008, 10:29 PM

I do not know where you work but I do work weekends and holidays.

Me too!