PDA

View Full Version : Thanks MCC 'Leadership' for ensuring I don't get a pay raise

04-28-2008, 12:08 AM
You know what, I am ticked. I would not only have gotten a raise - to meet the leve of the patrol, but then I would have gotten a merit increase from their pay package!! Our 'leader' colonel dees looked out for himself - not his men and women.

Thanks tallahassee for all the leadership.

04-28-2008, 02:28 AM
If you are so unhappy here, don't let the DOT door hit you in the arse. I hear the Free or Half Price gang is always accepting applications. So I suggest you take your miserable self over there. :roll: :shock: :!:

04-28-2008, 02:36 AM
From the FHP Board......

All,

Today, Senator Carlton and Representative Sansom met for their final conference meetings. You all have worked extremely hard and represented our agency admirably. Bear in mind that 199 probation officers are going to be laid off this year. Additionaly, the Legislature is cutting their own salaries by 5%. The legislature took the position that in a year that agencies were facing layoffs and pay cuts, they could not in good faith provide the sigificant increases we would have received if our funding source was adopted. Having said that, the legislature agreed to give Troopers a 5% pay increase effective October 1. While this is not near what we had worked and hoped for, it is difficult, given the rest of the state's problems, to view this as anything other than a positive sign that they are beginning to listen to you. We will continue to work to solve our compression issues through every posible venue. In the meantime, please continue to make contact with your legislators, foster strong relationships, and don't give up. We will accept graciously what we were able to gain this year and continue to build on it.

-Tim Roufa

Do you still wish you were over there? I am glad they got 5%. I am still happy with what we have in MCCO. :cry: :twisted:

04-28-2008, 06:58 PM
You don't really want to merge with FHP. Do you read their forum? DOT's schedule and working conditions are better. If you don't think so and would like the 5%, they'd be happy to have your experience at FHP. Most of their Troopers are about 21 yoa anyway.

04-28-2008, 07:18 PM
You don't really want to merge with FHP. Do you read their forum? DOT's schedule and working conditions are better. If you don't think so and would like the 5%, they'd be happy to have your experience at FHP. Most of their Troopers are about 21 yoa anyway.

I will gladly take no raise and stay as MCCO under FDOT then to have the 5% plus whatever step up it would have been b/c if you listen to them (FHP) they are not happy with ANY aspect of their job. That is obvious!!

04-29-2008, 12:19 AM
If you are so unhappy here, don't let the DOT door hit you in the arse. I hear the Free or Half Price gang is always accepting applications. So I suggest you take your miserable self over there. :roll: :shock: :!:

Have fun being broke jacka$$! Im out!

04-29-2008, 03:58 AM

Why can't we (DOT) fight to have better pay. How come everytime you make a valid complaint you, the management, are quick to say, "If you don't like it, quit." Typical. I can love what I do and also fight for what's right.

04-29-2008, 06:12 PM
You know what, I am ticked. I would not only have gotten a raise - to meet the leve of the patrol, but then I would have gotten a merit increase from their pay package!! Our 'leader' colonel dees looked out for himself - not his men and women.

Anyone who thinks that MCCO leadership has the unilateral ability to obtain pay raises for its personnel doesn't know the process.

04-30-2008, 02:32 AM

Anyone who thinks that MCCO leadership has the unilateral ability to obtain pay raises for its personnel doesn't know the process.

You're right they don't, but they can help out and ask for a pay raise like FHP's Director. I always hear what a great job we do but I never hear them say that they will help us get a pay increase. What about raising the overweight penalty and putting that money in a trust for pay increases? There are ways to generate revenue but leadership will not back it.

mxwx51
05-10-2008, 02:41 AM
The raises don't work like that. If the State is to give us a pay raise, ALL state agencies must recieve that raise... FWC, DEP, etc. Big DOT has offered to give MCCO Officer's a raise in the past, but do to the rules, that raise would have to have been given to every state agency on the bargining agreement.

As far as our leadership goes. They did what what was best for our department and the State of Florida. When DOT goes to 10-65 S4, the money stops for the state. If you are worried about YOUR interests, you should leave the department. Don't expect leadership to do what YOU want because if is beneficial to YOU.

05-10-2008, 04:56 AM
If thats true how did FHP get a nice raise this year and everyone else got the shaft

mxwx51
05-10-2008, 06:15 PM
If thats true how did FHP get a nice raise this year and everyone else got the shaft

You really didn't read what I wrote. I said that same raise would have to be given to every LEO agency on the bargaining agreement. FHP has their own bargaining agreement. Remember all that talk last year about FHP separating? That's what they meant. That is how FHP got their 5% and we along with the rest of the SLEOs got nothing.

05-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Secret to State Law Enforcement.

The people who are your bosses are (SES) Select Exempt Service.

They are hired at salary ranges from 70,000 to 180,000 per year. They are political puppets who, in essence, would like to do a good job, bu in reality, they need to protect their position until the next political change over.

You on the other hand are hired at the standard low end of the Totem Pole and are restricted to legislative ups and downs for your pay.

No-one cares for your guys, all of you guys (DOT, FHP, DEP, FWC, ABT, FDLE etc.) enough to fight for your salaries because it's better to turn a deaf ear than actually hit the legislature with a multi-million dollar salary Bill that re-institutes the step pay plan.

You guys are true champions of abuse! I am sorry that the State treats you that way. You do not deserve it and I hope, for your sake, things change.

Good Luck.

Local Cop