PDA

View Full Version : Relocation

04-27-2008, 01:22 AM
I am looking to relocate and I have a couple of questions. What would be the starting salary for a sworn LEO with 5 plus years of experience? What is your take home policy? What are your PIT and Pursuit policy. If you lived in Sarasota County near the Charlotte County Line which agency would you work for if not your own ad what would your reasons be? Thanks for any input. To help me in my decision. I will post this on some other area boards as well.

04-27-2008, 04:28 AM
We only persue for violent felonies here. No PIT here. You can take your car home after you complete the FTO process. If you live out of the county, there is a charge that goes by the mile but I am not exactly sure how much that is.

04-27-2008, 07:27 AM
Is your LEO time from out of state or are you a cop somehwere in Florida?

04-27-2008, 06:26 PM
Sarasota & Charlotte both SUCK. I would consider North Port PD or something like that. I work for CCSO and hear bad about Sarasota also. RECONSIDER either. Our ADMIN here at CCSO sucks big time.

04-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Don't let the door hit you in the a*& on the way out...

Sarasota & Charlotte both SUCK. I would consider North Port PD or something like that. I work for CCSO and hear bad about Sarasota also. RECONSIDER either. Our ADMIN here at CCSO sucks big time.

04-27-2008, 07:57 PM
Don't let the door hit you in the a*& on the way out...

Agreed. I also work for CCSO and im happy here. There is always room for improvement but overall I think we are a pretty good agency to work for. If you're so unhappy look for another place to go.

04-27-2008, 11:49 PM

Was CCSO your first job? If so, go out and experience what else is out there. We'll see you crawling back in a year or so.

04-28-2008, 01:23 AM

Obviously a post by one of the same wannabe losers who keeps posting negative comments on several different forums.

I work at CCSO and I am very happy here. I love the people I work with and look forward to going to work each day. I will say I do not agree with our ADMIN sometimes but that is the nature of the beast. SSO is also a good agency. Every agency has issues. I encourage you to meet with each agency recruiter, go on ride alongs and ask questions, then make your decision. Don't listen to some loser who is hiding behind a keyboard posting negative comments. Like I said, I work for CCSO and I am very happy. I also have friends at Sarasota and North Port and they may not agree with their admin either, but they are happy there also. Good luck to you.

04-28-2008, 03:32 PM
CCSO sucks and you all know it

04-28-2008, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the info, I have 5 plus years with a Florida Agency (don't want to say where and exactly how many years because as soon as they think your leaving they black ball you). Still would like to know starting pay for 5 plus years of service, Thanks again.

04-28-2008, 09:05 PM

Obviously a post by one of the same wannabe losers who keeps posting negative comments on several different forums.

I work at CCSO and I am very happy here. I love the people I work with and look forward to going to work each day. I will say I do not agree with our ADMIN sometimes but that is the nature of the beast. SSO is also a good agency. Every agency has issues. I encourage you to meet with each agency recruiter, go on ride alongs and ask questions, then make your decision. Don't listen to some loser who is hiding behind a keyboard posting negative comments. Like I said, I work for CCSO and I am very happy. I also have friends at Sarasota and North Port and they may not agree with their admin either, but they are happy there also. Good luck to you.

Oh, and my name is Grovel.

DistrictDeputy
04-28-2008, 11:33 PM
As you can see as with every agency, you have people that do nothing but bad mouth things because they do not get their way.

I have been wit Charlotte SO for over 10 years. I have worked with many administrations, and I think that the agency is moving in the right direction now. We have good equipment and a competative wage to offer.

My best advise to you is to come and look for yourself. You make your own decision after you see what is available here. Do not base you decision on what people post on this board. This board is open to LEO and Civilan. You do not know who you are talking to.

04-30-2008, 02:16 AM
One of the benefits that we offer is that you can have this deputy all to yourself.

http://www.barrysullivan4soe.com/images ... Rover1.jpg (http://www.barrysullivan4soe.com/images/Event_IrishRover1.jpg)

Donna Roguska will protect her, isn't that right Donna? Can we all call you Donna?

DistrictDeputy
04-30-2008, 03:50 AM
One of the benefits that we offer is that you can have this deputy all to yourself.

http://www.barrysullivan4soe.com/images ... Rover1.jpg (http://www.barrysullivan4soe.com/images/Event_IrishRover1.jpg)

Donna Roguska will protect her, isn't that right Donna? Can we all call you Donna?

Who really cares. This is getting old about her. Why don't you just grow up and leave it alone.

Road@Heart
04-30-2008, 03:51 AM

Then leave idot

Road@Heart
04-30-2008, 03:54 AM

Please get a life and leave this alone. If you did not cheat then you won't be split up.