PDA

View Full Version : FWC Dispatch?

04-27-2008, 12:41 AM
How much longer is FWC going to have their own dipatch? It seems that FHP has consumed them. FWC's CAD has FHP's orange on the print outs and the SmartMCT is the FHP version. If FWC is going that route then pay us FHP pay.

Why does FHP dispatch for DEP and not FWC? It would seem that DEP & FWC are much similar (in duties) than FHP.

04-27-2008, 01:26 PM
It is not for you to wonder why.
These decisions are made at a much higher level by people that are uniquely knowledgeable of our mission and how these services are being delivered....JOKE

04-27-2008, 03:04 PM
Way back when Col Edwards was commanding the newly formed GFC...errr.. FWC, He stated FWC has such a different mission that they needed there own academy and thier own dispatch. Col. Edwards was not even happy with co-located dispatch, but (then) Gov. Bush stepped in and you have what you have today....

Besides, Troopers don't want to hear turtle complaints when they are trying to clear the highways of crime.... (that's a little sarcasm for you!) LOL

04-29-2008, 08:42 PM
How much longer is FWC going to have their own dipatch? It seems that FHP has consumed them. FWC's CAD has FHP's orange on the print outs and the SmartMCT is the FHP version. If FWC is going that route then pay us FHP pay.

Why does FHP dispatch for DEP and not FWC? It would seem that DEP & FWC are much similar (in duties) than FHP.

They had a meeting about it today.

Its comming...

THE GOV WANTS IT THIS WAY.

05-07-2008, 08:42 PM

They had a meeting about it today.

Its comming...

THE GOV WANTS IT THIS WAY.

I work for DEP, it is about time. I have never been able to figure out why when I am on the water or in the woods that only a FWC officer will be able to find me, I have to rely on FHP to relay to FWC.

Does not make sense.

05-10-2008, 08:22 AM
Any news of the meeting that occurred?

05-12-2008, 11:32 PM
So, FWC Dispatch is going to be abolished?

05-13-2008, 12:35 AM
FWC is co-dispatch with FHP. All that means is that they are in the same room. Although we all on Ma-Call, oops, I mean Ma-Com we are on a different talk group. It would seem to make sense to put DEP or even Ag with us since we work in more remote areas and have the ability to get to eachother. Are Ag and DEP on FHP's talkgroup?

05-13-2008, 02:16 PM
FWC is co-dispatch with FHP. All that means is that they are in the same room. Although we all on Ma-Call, oops, I mean Ma-Com we are on a different talk group. It would seem to make sense to put DEP or even Ag with us since we work in more remote areas and have the ability to get to eachother. Are Ag and DEP on FHP's talkgroup?

Yes we all are on FHP talk group, and get ignored about 50% of the time.

05-14-2008, 12:20 PM
If FWC loses its Dispatch, they are in trouble as FHP Dispatch is going to be lost if it has to dispatch anything off road or on the water that is not a Signal 4 or 12. And, if the consolidated "State Dispatch" happens, when you call the dispatch center they better not answer it as FHP Dispatch or they will be filled with many many complaints on telephone answering procedures.

05-14-2008, 08:45 PM
If FWC loses its Dispatch, they are in trouble as FHP Dispatch is going to be lost if it has to dispatch anything off road or on the water that is not a Signal 4 or 12. And, if the consolidated "State Dispatch" happens, when you call the dispatch center they better not answer it as FHP Dispatch or they will be filled with many many complaints on telephone answering procedures.

They actually don't do that bad with dispatching stuff other then fhp crap. They get us to stuff pretty well (DEP), don't forget, we have been breaking them in for you all, prepping them for the last few years. I think you all will do fine. Plus, I will love to hear the complaining from the troopers when we fwc with us adding to the mix of things other then S-4's.

05-19-2008, 02:48 AM
To set the record straight FHP dispatches for ALL state LEO'S except FWC. Ag. Law Enforcement are on their own talk groupe except if we are short handed than they are patched together with the FHP talk group for their area. DOT are dispatched off the FHP talk group area they are working in. DEP patrol units are also dispatched off the FHP talk group area they are working in. All other state LEO's (ABT, AG INVEST.,FDLE,DBPR.LOTTERY,ETC) are dispatched off the investigations talk group. If FWC dispatch was turned over to FHP nothing would change. The FWC dispatchers would still be dispatching for FWC, however they would be trained to dispatch for FHP talk groups and FHP dispatchers would be trained to dispatch FWC Units. In closing with the current state of affairs and the state crying about money problems I dinot see FHP absorbing 80+ new dispatchers. Both agencies can't keep their communications positions filled as it is!!!!! Hope this sets the record straight. BE SAFE!!!!!!

05-31-2008, 03:54 PM
Again, does anyone know what came about at the last meeting on FWC Dispatch? Or, is it still top secret?

05-31-2008, 05:08 PM
Has anyone heard about the Federal Legislation that abolishes all code talk (10-signals) and replaces all communications with plain talk and when it goes in effect.

05-31-2008, 05:24 PM
That has been talked about for years, but haven't heard anything lately.

06-09-2008, 10:51 PM
It is just a matter of time before FWC begins using radio phraseology,plain text, instead of 10 signals. We have so many darn signals now the majority of officers have to look at the signal card before speaking on the radio. But that is not the main reason for plain text. IF FWC is called to assist on an Incident Command type emergency with other agencies involved, then plain text talk makes more sense than using the long list of signals we have. I like the 10 codes and some of the signals that we use to alert each other of more violent suspects. The rest can be spoken in the radio phraseology mode.

06-24-2008, 03:55 AM
That sounds like management talking. Outstanding!

08-24-2008, 02:43 PM
Again, does anyone know what came about at the last meeting on FWC Dispatch? Or, is it still top secret?

I heard from a committee member that it is, again, off the table for now. Back in '05 they listed three criteria to accomplish to move to the next stage: co-locate all centers, fully implement CAD, and fully implement MA/COM. These were complete in early '08 with the co-location of the Lake Worth Center. They met again this year and have decided that it again is not the right time or even feasible at this time.

Personally I hope they do not do it. I often laugh when I think of certain FHP DO's answering some of the calls for service we get about injured/orphaned wildlife, or the concerned older lady with the big bad bear in her yard! I like the separation in the agencies, dispatch wise. It's a whole different breed with FWC dispatch. I haven't figured out why DEP and AG haven't merged with us yet. Same type of work, same x20 (the 4th big tree past the big iron gate--lol)

Also, logistically it would be a mess, CAD wise. Would we be forced to re-draw zones like Fire Marshall and FDLE to "fit" into FHP CAD zones? We already dispatch for all 6 of their zones in NE region, so what would happen to our other 6? Would they be evenly distributed to other regions? I just have questions. I'm not assuming anything by my questions, I'm asking!

08-25-2008, 12:26 AM
It was ruled several weeks ago that FWC dispatch will not be merging with FHP anytime soon. They have had several meetings over the years on the subject and from I have been told it is off the table now for at least the next 3-5 years and will then be looked at again. Working in FWC disptatch I think this is great news that I will not have to be a part of the drama that is FHP. Not to mention I think if I ever had to take calls of nothing but traffic accidents and careless drivers 10hours a day I would go insane. I have worked for FWC for several years and STILL learn new things everyday, any time of co-op would just make both agencies less effecient so it seems they finally got it right, or at least this time.

08-27-2008, 08:29 PM

Yes we all are on FHP talk group, and get ignored about 50% of the time.

Well years ago in Miami FHP had their own dispatch office in the FHP station.
Then all of a sudden, FDLE placed their dispatchers in with the FHP. They said
FDLE dispatchers will never disaptch for FHP and FHP will never dispatch for
FDLE. Then all of a sudden, FDLE dispatchers got cross trained with FHP and
FHP got crossed trained with FDLE. The FDLE dispatchers got disbanned and
FHP took over the operation.

Hisotry is now repeating itself. Now FWC is in with FHP but FHP dispatchers don't
work FWC and FWC don't work FHP... I give it a little more time when the dispatchers
get cross trained and FHP takes over.

It's a wonder why Mr. Jeb Bush did not just privatize dispatch and give it to
his friends at Wackenhut or Securitas.