PDA

View Full Version : CHANGE?

04-25-2008, 09:05 PM
It seems so many people are back peddling now when the PBA is actually about to sink their teeth into something. Why are so many Officers changinf their tune?? We must press on, and I even say that vote reference the Chief should be cast!!!!!!! Any in fav0r?

04-26-2008, 02:56 AM
YOU GOT MY VOTE! NAME THE PLACE AND THE TIME!

04-27-2008, 03:04 AM
Count me in, I think theres atleast 3 of us!!! Whats the next step?

04-27-2008, 10:13 PM
Next you should find a non-PBA-menber and send them around to pressure Officers into signing a form that should say something about we all get free gifts. Then once you have say 31 or 32 Officers that signed it, let them know they are trying to get the Chief dissmithed, but tell them you no longer has the form it's been faxed to the PALM BEACH POST. I would say let get this started in the south zones, they appear to be eazy to sway.

04-27-2008, 10:54 PM
NICE! Did it really go to the POST??? Funny you shoudl say that about the south end, because the Chief called his meetings down that way and E made his rounds getting signatures down that way too!!!!!!!! hmmmmmmmm

04-28-2008, 12:42 PM
I am glad you are back at eachother. I missed the postings. Hey where are all the go green guys? Summer is coming up I am looking forward to getting a tan.

04-28-2008, 07:59 PM
I am ready for the summer and a big change! a big GREEN change! Make it happen AJ!! PLEASE!!!!!

04-28-2008, 09:51 PM
Next you should find a non-PBA-menber and send them around to pressure Officers into signing a form that should say something about we all get free gifts. Then once you have say 31 or 32 Officers that signed it, let them know they are trying to get the Chief dissmithed, but tell them you no longer has the form it's been faxed to the PALM BEACH POST. I would say let get this started in the south zones, they appear to be eazy to sway.

I love reading this Hillbilly Herald when I need a laugh. Sgt. 10 let me explain the situation in hillbilly terms so you understand. You have an alligator mouth with a hummingbird ass. You have no idea what is really going on, you bark, but when it comes time to bite, you shit. Look how quick you turned in your bars. If you don't quit running that tooth less mouth acting like you have bite, you will ruin it for the rest of the PBA members. You hillbillies attacking each other on the internet is entertaining, but just goes to show you why no one takes you or the agency you represent seriously. So take my advice son, your mama laughing at you, not with you. Be smart like the Publix scale spinner and quit making a jackass out of yourself. Retire as a writer for the Hillbilly Herald before the Chief catches you, and makes you cry again.
Love
Mom

04-28-2008, 10:06 PM
I am ready for the summer and a big change! a big GREEN change! Make it happen AJ!! PLEASE!!!!!

The war of words between AJ & PBA aside, the reality is that it'll be a financial decision. With the State legislature cutting the per pupil stipend, and Palm Beach projecting a drop in students, it does not paint a rosy picture. When officers quit or retire, we don't have the normal option to change shifts and days off around to cover it, other than losing the night school cops like we have, and most of the elementary cops like we have. AJ has installed the non-instructional hiring freeze. The guys in the middle schools can see that there is no wiggle room in the staff/faculty/admin budget to cut positions as they are picking up some of the slack now. Several years ago, Broward flirted with eliminating middle school athletics till parents squawked about it. Some of our middle schools have cut back on officer OT and are using admins to cover them (at least till the doo-doo hits the fan and a cop is needed asap). The principals have only so much discretionary funds and money raised by committees, so the money is being used more for FCAT prizes; After all, they are judged on their school's grades a lot more than fights, etc prevented at games. They are the ones rolling the dice. The high school principals are held to a different measure by the Florida High School Athletics Association - they are held personally responsible for violence at a high school game if the security is insufficient for the event. The District saves $50,000 for every day they are closed by going to a 4 day summer school. They can save that every day in the summer if there is no summer school (poor little goof-offs may actually have to pay attention and behave and pass instead of sliding through via summer school). We can't keep sniping at each other publickly. At my former dept, the city commission threatened us with turning us over to the Sheriff's Office. We, then, took a straw ballot and overwhelmingly voted in favor of it and the commission lost what they thought was an ace in their deck. We worked through the political process, in conjuction with Fire, and swung elections to people who we favored. Candidates then took notice and sought our endorsement. Right now we are at the initial steps in the process. At my former dept it didn't happen overnight, but it did happen.

04-28-2008, 11:16 PM

The war of words between AJ & PBA aside, the reality is that it'll be a financial decision. With the State legislature cutting the per pupil stipend, and Palm Beach projecting a drop in students, it does not paint a rosy picture. When officers quit or retire, we don't have the normal option to change shifts and days off around to cover it, other than losing the night school cops like we have, and most of the elementary cops like we have. AJ has installed the non-instructional hiring freeze. The guys in the middle schools can see that there is no wiggle room in the staff/faculty/admin budget to cut positions as they are picking up some of the slack now. Several years ago, Broward flirted with eliminating middle school athletics till parents squawked about it. Some of our middle schools have cut back on officer OT and are using admins to cover them (at least till the doo-doo hits the fan and a cop is needed asap). The principals have only so much discretionary funds and money raised by committees, so the money is being used more for FCAT prizes; After all, they are judged on their school's grades a lot more than fights, etc prevented at games. They are the ones rolling the dice. The high school principals are held to a different measure by the Florida High School Athletics Association - they are held personally responsible for violence at a high school game if the security is insufficient for the event. The District saves $50,000 for every day they are closed by going to a 4 day summer school. They can save that every day in the summer if there is no summer school (poor little goof-offs may actually have to pay attention and behave and pass instead of sliding through via summer school). We can't keep sniping at each other publickly. At my former dept, the city commission threatened us with turning us over to the Sheriff's Office. We, then, took a straw ballot and overwhelmingly voted in favor of it and the commission lost what they thought was an ace in their deck. We worked through the political process, in conjuction with Fire, and swung elections to people who we favored. Candidates then took notice and sought our endorsement. Right now we are at the initial steps in the process. At my former dept it didn't happen overnight, but it did happen.

This post was very informative, and thanks for sharing. So what do you think is going to happen to us NOT A GRASSHOPPER? I figured it was a money issue and heard something about when they start crunching numbers next month we might get absorbed by the SO. I also believe the final outcome is out of our hands, am i wrong for thinking that? I like what the PBA is doing and think a merger could benefit everyone, but am open for any suggestions, I might change my mind.

04-29-2008, 01:40 AM

This post was very informative, and thanks for sharing. So what do you think is going to happen to us NOT A GRASSHOPPER? I figured it was a money issue and heard something about when they start crunching numbers next month we might get absorbed by the SO. I also believe the final outcome is out of our hands, am i wrong for thinking that? I like what the PBA is doing and think a merger could benefit everyone, but am open for any suggestions, I might change my mind.

My personal feeling is that finances will result in us being merged with SO. With 166 sworn, we have 166 different situations. Some will be better off @ SO, some will not be. We are not the District's prime task. If they can keep/attract teachers by saving money with us, then their choice is obvious. Broward teachers now have passed us up in pay. We have teachers who live in Broward and South PB. Teaching in Broward for more money is not a difficult choice.