PDA

View Full Version : Reserve DEP Officer

04-25-2008, 12:17 AM
Couple of questions from a fellow Fl.Certificed LEO.(25 yrs).If someone can answer that may know.

1.How long does it take to be hired after completed application is submitted ? It has been approved for processing.

2.If hired,does one go Tall.for training and how long.

3.Aprox.how many Reserves does DEP have?

Thanks.....

04-25-2008, 01:38 AM
Florida LEO, I am a current FDEP reserve officer and can answer some of your questions.

For me, it took nearly 7 months once my application was in Tally. I have heard that it should take less time than that, but I sent mine in right as all the upper admin was leaving/being replaced.

I do not know what the normal procedure is for new hired reserves. I was sent to Tally/GHQ/Pat Thomas for 3 days to process, train and issue equipment. I did it with 3 other reserves and 4 other FT. I dont know if they always do this, though. But I will say it was a very worthwhile weekend. We qualified on sidearms/long guns, got certified in boat, trailer, atv, cpr, DT and other certifications, and have equipment issued. Long days but well worth it.

I would guess 20 reserves statewide. If you have any other questions, let me know. AWESOME reserve program, as far as Ive experienced.

04-25-2008, 11:18 PM
Thank You Sir for the information,I look forward to being a part of the DEP Law Enforcement Reserve Officer Program.It has only been about 3 months since DEP has had my application,but I have recieved good feed back and await my interview for the position.Thanks Again.

04-26-2008, 08:59 AM
How can i go about applying for the RESERVE program. I am currently a Aux Trooper in Miami

04-26-2008, 12:15 PM
Go to our Website. Basically you send your app. to our training section in Tally. Then they hold it for about 6 months before acting on it. Then you call them multiple times to remind them and it finally gets processed. Then you get hired.

Actually I didn't mean for this to turn negative. We actually have a pretty good outfit as state agencies go. Our training section is by far the weakest link.

04-29-2008, 12:42 AM
Miami A man, you have to be fully certified to be a dep reserve officer, fyi. If you are only aux. certified, you will have to complete a full law enforcement academy. If you are fully certified already and just in FHP Aux, then put in an application and get on board.

05-21-2008, 10:38 PM
Advice Please,I called Tall./DEP Command and they advised my application was good and being processed and a Lt.would call for interview.The application was sent about 5 months ago and I spoke to Tall. over a month ago and have not been contacted at all.
Does DEP really hire Reserves ?
Should I call ?

Thanks.

05-22-2008, 07:00 PM
they do hire reserves, but like someone said earlier, since there is so much training and other stuff they have to do for a reserve, they tend to hire them in groups. one group just went through in march, so it will be a little while id imagine before they hire anyone others.

05-22-2008, 10:11 PM
Confirmed with DEP today,I am being processed.Thanks.