PDA

View Full Version : I was there.....

04-23-2008, 06:45 PM
Having known Larry for DECADES, I personally can vouch for his character, professionalism, and ability to survive in the crocodile pond (aka Escambia County Political Arenas).

All of the sniping and back-biting on this board is useless, or (as some have noted) may actually benefit Larry in his cause to be our sheriff. Really, guys and ladies, consider using your intelligence for POSITIVE influence and kind words. (A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. Proverbs). If you like Harry or Ronnie Mc, then GREAT, consider being positive and say WHY you like them....rather than bashing Larry, a good man who doesn't deserve all the negativity (nor does any candidate). Critical thinking doesn't mean criticizing others.

As for me, Larry is a hands-down, easy choice on the upcoming ballot. You all do your own selecting, but kindly do check out the candidates, their positions, plans, and watch for "craw-fishing / back strokin." When one tells the truth, life is much easier, and how refreshing to have a candidate for sheriff with the integrity Larry possesses.

Jay

04-24-2008, 05:31 PM
Jay.....in all honesty haven't heard or read much in the way of personal type attacks against Mr Scapecchi...Matter of fact haven't heard anything negative about his person or his professional career at the sheriff's office....The personal attacks for the most part are from a few that are unable to express an opinion or defend the statements made by their candidate David Morgan without attacking the current sheriff and other members of the sheriff's office with personal (if not slanderous) attacks...It would be nice however to have open discussions without the nonsense...

sarhog
04-24-2008, 06:43 PM
..It would be nice however to have open discussions without the nonsense...
It would indeed. I came to this forum with the hopes that I would find just that. Hopefully we can get there.

04-24-2008, 07:08 PM
Ok let's try to talk about real issues.

04-24-2008, 08:13 PM
..It would be nice however to have open discussions without the nonsense...
It would indeed. I came to this forum with the hopes that I would find just that. Hopefully we can get there.

Sgt. Hog, What blog have you been reading? Glad I don't need you as a witness.

04-25-2008, 03:41 PM
Go Larry. If you want him you have to support him. With money!!

05-12-2008, 01:22 AM
How can you say Scapecchi has ethics or is a stand up guy. The Scapecchi that I know used his position at the Sheriff's Office to run his personal business. Patrol, Property investigator, Narcotics. Anyone who worked for him and will tell the truth has to agree with that he was never around long. I would be curious to see how many building permits were pulled in Baldwin County, Alabama or Escambia County, Florida by him when he was showing work hours on his time sheet. I know for a fact that his county car was parked in Elberta, Alabama at his office on many days when he was suppose to be working pct.2 as the LT. If he will lie about this then what else will he lie about. Sorry he is not the answer.

05-12-2008, 01:47 AM
How can you say Scapecchi has ethics or is a stand up guy. The Scapecchi that I know used his position at the Sheriff's Office to run his personal business. Patrol, Property investigator, Narcotics. Anyone who worked for him and will tell the truth has to agree with that he was never around long. I would be curious to see how many building permits were pulled in Baldwin County, Alabama or Escambia County, Florida by him when he was showing work hours on his time sheet. I know for a fact that his county car was parked in Elberta, Alabama at his office on many days when he was suppose to be working pct.2 as the LT. If he will lie about this then what else will he lie about. Sorry he is not the answer.

If you knew this, then why didn't you say something. I guess you must have been doing something that you should not have been doing as well. What do you have to about that REX?

05-12-2008, 01:51 AM

If you knew this, then why didn't you say something. I guess you must have been doing something that you should not have been doing as well. What do you have to about that REX?

I heard he had a search light business he ran on the side on Sheriff's Office time.... wait, that was someone else.... nevermind.

05-12-2008, 03:03 AM
Damn, I guess one of ole Larry's former hammer swingers has found this site. I wonder if he remembers that day in Elberta so well b/c he got fired. Surely that's not a deputy talking Smack, or what was he doing in Elberta.

If that is the BEST you can come up with to mudsling!!! The funny thing about mud is that it washes off. Now character flaws, like the ones exhibited by the current Admin and Mr Morgans misfits, they just dont go away.

So take all that BS back to the land of the misfit toys, maybe Santa or Larry will give you a chance next Christmas if you start to behave like a good little boy.

05-12-2008, 07:13 AM

I heard he had a search light business he ran on the side on Sheriff's Office time.... wait, that was someone else.... nevermind.
Yeah Rex. What were you doing?

05-12-2008, 01:22 PM
In my opinion:

McNesby has serious issues in his past and has run the agency into the ground.

Morgan demonstrates his lack of experience in his videos as he makes zero sense and has a peanut gallery of cop bashers.

The choice is a no brainer....

Larry 2008

05-12-2008, 07:26 PM
Of course if you want somebody with brains. There is always David Morgan. He's got the most support out there and the most positive name recognition.

05-12-2008, 09:04 PM
Pretty petty comment on Larry. He worked hard all of the time and if he did stop somewhere in his county car to do something it would be no different than most of us who make stops as needed while coming to and from work and in between as mentioned above. I remember one guy who carried campaign signs in the trunk of his car while on duty and at all other times and just snickered about it if someone saw them. And HE knows who I am talking about now.

05-12-2008, 09:30 PM
Of course if you want somebody with brains. There is always David Morgan. He's got the most support out there and the most positive name recognition.

I am not so sure about the brains after watching his videos but I saw the pictures of his cop bashing supporters in their Taser's Kill t-shirts.

That is not positive recognition in my book!

05-12-2008, 09:31 PM
Pretty petty comment on Larry. He worked hard all of the time and if he did stop somewhere in his county car to do something it would be no different than most of us who make stops as needed while coming to and from work and in between as mentioned above. I remember one guy who carried campaign signs in the trunk of his car while on duty and at all other times and just snickered about it if someone saw them. And HE knows who I am talking about now.

agree.

05-13-2008, 12:17 AM
Yeah. Why should it matter if he "stops" somewhere in another state?

05-13-2008, 12:19 AM

I am not so sure about the brains after watching his videos but I saw the pictures of his cop bashing supporters in their Taser's Kill t-shirts.

Doc is a Larry supporter now. I guess that makes him OK now?

05-13-2008, 12:20 AM

He will always be in the Morgan peanut gallery / hall of fame for cop bashers!

05-13-2008, 12:45 AM

He will always be in the Morgan peanut gallery / hall of fame for cop bashers!

That's a great way to work it out. You guys are so smart. Now you get to have Doc's vote and still complain about him being a former Morgan supporter. That has about as much integrity as "everybody else does it." With supporters like Doc, Larry is done. Too bad he can't control who supports him. :oops:

05-13-2008, 01:01 AM
He can vote for whomever he wants but he won't be in any pictures with Larry.

Just like a Morganite... as confused as your leader and twisting the truth at every opportunity...

Morgan and McNesby are one of a kind... they both seem to have a problem with reality.

Larry 2008

05-13-2008, 01:12 AM
Oh, so now we want to turn on Larry. Larry is clearly the only real threat against the Sheriff and so he becomes a target.

I have worked for Larry, nearly two years worth. The man is all about integrity and accountability. He was there when he was needed. I mean I saw more of him than any other LT I have ever worked under, so to say he spent all of his time running his personal business while at work is a load of crap.
The man is genuine. He tells it like it is and the public is loving it. He will restore fairness accross the board and don't expect to see the good ole boy of rewarding all my friends and supporters prevail. I guarantee all the selections he makes will be on merit. He will promote the deserving if there is a warranted spot to fill. No checks for stripes, no made up positions, no good ole boy BS.

So the man had a successful side business, who cares, it never got in the way of him doing his job. If he get's elected he is turnng over the business to family to devote his full attention to the office. There is nothy "shady" about this guy.

Ask anyone who has worked for. You will find no better. I would trust him with my kids, trust him to have my back and I trust him to restore fairness and integrity back to the SO. His expierence is worth more than any 4 or six year degree. I ought to know, since I have a degree myself.

Don't take my word for it, ask around. You will find no one better for 2008

05-13-2008, 01:40 AM
If Doc Ely votes for Larry we'll never know. Larry would never let him be his campaign manager which is exactly what Morgan did.

05-13-2008, 02:52 AM
He can vote for whomever he wants but he won't be in any pictures with Larry.

Just like a Morganite... as confused as your leader and twisting the truth at every opportunity...

Morgan and McNesby are one of a kind... they both seem to have a problem with reality.

Larry 2008

Morgan doesn't get confused about what state he's in while he's supposed to be working for taxpayers in Escambia. And he doesn't make excuses like "everybody else does it." If you want to anger the Morgan supporters you are doing a good job. Maybe we'll start seeing references to Larry in the Morgan shows? Think about it. Balls in your court. No it's not a threat. It's a campaign tactic. Keep it up and see what happens. After August it will be another matter. Morgan has kept silent about Larry but I bet he's growing weary of the endless attacks from the former McNesby supporters now masquerading as leaders of the integrity clan. But if you want to play now that's just fine with us. Maybe you should ask Larry how you should handle this?

05-13-2008, 04:35 AM
When you're ready to post facts and proof of your rumors we'll be happy to read. In the meantime, bring it on.

If that wasn't a threat I've never seen one. You boys are sure worried about Larry, aren't ya?

05-13-2008, 05:12 AM
"Keep it up and see what happens". (No threat here) Just more professionalism spewing out every where, and while trying to play the "we take the high road", at that. What a Joke.

05-13-2008, 05:12 AM
I was also "there." I worked for larry for three years. I have never met another person who always did the "right" thing no matter what decision it was. Larry has always impressed upon me that integrity is all we have. I will vote for larry this year, as will my family and my friends.

05-13-2008, 08:18 AM
"Keep it up and see what happens". (No threat here) Just more professionalism spewing out every where, and while trying to play the "we take the high road", at that. What a Joke.

You don't handle straight talk very well. Larry talked with the Morgan campaign on the day he declared his candidacy. He essentially agreed to avoid conflict with Morgan prior to the primary in August. For months his supporters have been breaking that agreement. We have to presume that Larry has not told them or doesn't care or simply can't control his supporters. The message is, back off as your candidate agreed or we'll take the gloves off too. Call it what you like. It is what it is. And I'm discussing it openly. Your choice. And after your relentless bad spirited attacks, I couldn't care less which way you choose to handle this.

05-13-2008, 10:28 AM
All the pro-Morgan posts are done by 1 or 2 people as they all sound the same.

Just remember, if you get by McNesby, Morgan will have all deputies openly opposing him!

The problem with Morgan is the posts made my his supporters like you. I don't even think you guys are cops because you don't sound like them.

Take it where you want to take it... you have not seen anything yet!

05-13-2008, 01:13 PM

You don't handle straight talk very well. Larry talked with the Morgan campaign on the day he declared his candidacy. He essentially agreed to avoid conflict with Morgan prior to the primary in August. For months his supporters have been breaking that agreement. We have to presume that Larry has not told them or doesn't care or simply can't control his supporters. The message is, back off as your candidate agreed or we'll take the gloves off too. Call it what you like. It is what it is. And I'm discussing it openly. Your choice. And after your relentless bad spirited attacks, I couldn't care less which way you choose to handle this.

Your mistake is thinking everyone that is against Morgan is Pro-Scapecchi... some may be but most are just anti-Morgan/Craig. I for one would rather see anyone but Morgan and his Peanut Gallery be elected. I am not controlled by Scapecchi. I am not a Scapecchi supporter but will take him over Morgan. Hell, I'll keep McNesby over Morgan. McNesby has an ego but Morgan is just like McNesby... make my day!!!

So bring it on! There is plenty of Morgan PI / Military Super Cop dirt to spread around direct from all the good people who have known him in the past. Bring it on!

05-13-2008, 01:40 PM
You don't handle straight talk very well. Larry talked with the Morgan campaign on the day he declared his candidacy. He essentially agreed to avoid conflict with Morgan prior to the primary in August. For months his supporters have been breaking that agreement.

I have seen no Morgan bashing in Public, no defacing of signs or political speaches by Scapecchi's people poor mouthing Morgan, no infomercials or adds.

This site on thge otherhand is a LEO site where cops can voice their opinion. Statistically speaking, it seems over 90% of cops dislike Morgan and his camp. The number is probally higher than that.

I am a Scapecchi supoorter. I don't know Morgan. But I know the people in his camp. I have watched his prooganda-mericals with intrest. I have seen his claims and falsehoods exposed by the PBA(a group of cops). I think he is a sham. I think he has a childs mentality(ie "lets assign letter grades to an official reponse to the police union) and he obviously surrounds himself with people I consider having a skewed moral compass. Doc, Aerty, Boyd and some of the others are not members of the society who I would consider moral. Thats just my opinion. David Craig on the other hand I have alsways thought was a leach. Blue lights was done in poor taste. I don't like to see "journalism" that profits off of others misfortune. My opinion is it was degrading to the suspects and distracted the Deputies from doing their jobs. And no matter what Craig says, he has an agenda against this administartion that is based off of spite and hurt feelings.

I can understand how Morgan supporters feel, kind of like Germany. Because if this war starts on two fronts, they are doomed. They have their hands full fighting in just one direction.

so to the above posting idiot, get your facts straight. Expose yourself to more than just a cop website. Have ole Dave tell you stories about all those hot calls on base or trying to break up the fight at the enlisted club when one Marine beat down a whole squadron , five MP's and drank the club dry.

I am a former Marine and I don't care for Air Force MP's. They are at the bottom of the food change in the military. I am a Republican I think Morgan is a piss poor choice for my party. Those opinions have nothing to do with Scapecchi or his camp. Deal with it, life is hard so go and get a helmet or don't come outside to play.

Semper Fi

05-13-2008, 02:20 PM
Semper Fi

05-13-2008, 03:39 PM
Dear "Simple Fee": You are not a Marine or former Marine, so lose the
Semper Fi. That phrase is reserved for better than you. Veterans don't speak of their brother services as "at the bottom of the food chain." It's Air
Force SP's not MP's. So nice try. You must be a member of that crack team
of investigators for McNesby that can't find their asses with both hands.

Have someone dial the phone for you and ask to speak with Sheriff Charlie
Morris (a retired AF SP). Ask him why he hires as many as he can get.

Don't leave Escambia County, Simple Fee, you're a perfect fit just where you
are.

05-13-2008, 04:31 PM
Dear "Simple Fee": You are not a Marine or former Marine, so lose the
Semper Fi. That phrase is reserved for better than you. Veterans don't speak of their brother services as "at the bottom of the food chain." It's Air
Force SP's not MP's. So nice try. You must be a member of that crack team
of investigators for McNesby that can't find their asses with both hands.

Don't leave Escambia County, Simple Fee, you're a perfect fit just where you
are.

First off, David Morgan is NO Charlie Morris. Charlie was in the Air Force and then at FWB PD. Charlie was a real COP. Charlie is also a smart guy and does not have nor has he ever had a peanut gallery like Morgan. Morgan is no Charlie Morris. Not even close to being in Charlie's league.

Second, the Marine has his opinion so don't knock it you moron. You obviously are not a cop and have never been in the military.

Third, interservice rivalry has always been part of the military.

Lastly, it is not that Morgan was in the Air Force, it is that Morgan is a freakin' kook with a kook peanut gallery.

Carry on.

05-13-2008, 04:44 PM

I don't think Sheriff Morris hires people out of the military/Air Force to be Sheriff, but to be deputies and go through FTO. Military experience usually means a squared away person who might make a good cop. But don't confuse being in the military with automatically being qualified to be a cop or a Sheriff, no matter what you did in the military. I knew several whacko's who were in the military. Also, Sheriff Morris was a Ft. Walton PD officer when he ran for Sheriff. He actually had Air Force command experience but was also a real cop. I also agree with the previous poster, having met Sheriff Morris, I can tell you that David Morgan does not even come close to Sheriff Morris. In other words, Sheriff Morris did not have any crazy videos or crazy friends who were cop bashers handing around him when he ran for Sheriff and he certainly does not have any working for him. Also, Sheriff Morris has a proven record in Okaloosa. David Morgan is a wannabe who never will be.

05-13-2008, 05:11 PM
You are afraid of change. Shaking in your boots about having to be one of the "real cops" you talk about. Promotions through favoritism. Signal 15's handed out to "special people." Attitudes like "everybody does it." That doesn't make for integrity. It doesn't make for real cops either. You wouldn't know a real cop if you saw one. Too busy being too corrupt for too long in an agency with too many problems. You are a part of that agency. You didn't speak up in the face of all the shenanigans. You are a part of the problem. You need a Sheriff with real integrity all right. And it ain't Larry. I guess you didn't know that Morgan and Morris are good friends? Morris is a better judge of integrity than you will ever be. So is John Powell who openly supports Morgan. The only thing you can be certain of is change. It's coming.

05-13-2008, 06:39 PM
Thank goodness it's only 105 days, 10 hours, and 20 minutes till August 26.

05-13-2008, 10:09 PM
You are afraid of change. Shaking in your boots about having to be one of the "real cops" you talk about. Promotions through favoritism. Signal 15's handed out to "special people." Attitudes like "everybody does it." That doesn't make for integrity. It doesn't make for real cops either. You wouldn't know a real cop if you saw one. Too busy being too corrupt for too long in an agency with too many problems. You are a part of that agency. You didn't speak up in the face of all the shenanigans. You are a part of the problem. You need a Sheriff with real integrity all right. And it ain't Larry. I guess you didn't know that Morgan and Morris are good friends? Morris is a better judge of integrity than you will ever be. So is John Powell who openly supports Morgan. The only thing you can be certain of is change. It's coming.

You don't know crappola my friend. I want the agency to get better and having kooks like you around will set it back years.

I don't care if Morgan and Morris are friends... the fact is Morgan is no Morris and no Powell. Morgan is a person of poor judgement because he has supporters who are nuts. Case in point, you.

Keep posting so you can make the last 5 percent of us turn against Morgan too.

05-13-2008, 11:40 PM

You don't know crappola my friend. I want the agency to get better and having kooks like you around will set it back years.

I don't care if Morgan and Morris are friends... the fact is Morgan is no Morris and no Powell. Morgan is a person of poor judgement because he has supporters who are nuts. Case in point, you.

Keep posting so you can make the last 5 percent of us turn against Morgan too.

Do you always lose your cool like this? Or do you not have any cool to lose?

05-14-2008, 12:01 AM
I think the point is that there are no ethics or integrity in play at the ECSO. Morgan is far ahead of both McNesby and Scapecchi in that area. He didn't take any vacations to Hawaii for "training" within weeks of his retirement like somebody we know. He didn't work on the side in another state while being paid by the taxpayers. He has no extensive record of felony and misdemeanor charges like McNesby. He is the morally superior candidate. And that ain't crappola.

05-14-2008, 12:48 AM
Morgan has lied on several of his videos. He is also running a dirty campaign. He has surrounded himself with individuals of questionable character and morals to say the least.
So when you speak of ethics, integrity, and honor what do you mean? Ah ok his military career, yes no doubt it was an honorable one, but that’s as far as it goes. A man of honor with high ethics and morals does not need to lie in his videos and bash the other candidates to make him look good. Mr. Morgan the people of Pensacola are getting tired of your endless whining about everything. Tell the citizens what your plans is without bashing anybody, that’s what a man of high ethics and morals would do. We want to hear what you plan to do for the citizens of Escambia County we already know McNesby is done a horrible job and needs to be replace but why should we vote for you?

05-14-2008, 01:27 AM
Funny. If the above poster is right in what he says, I would still take him in a heartbeat instead of 4 more years of Boss Hog. I'd rather have Larry! But these are desperate times. Morgan can't do much more to hurt the office than the McNugget Curse has already. If you work there you KNOW exactly what I mean.

05-14-2008, 01:52 AM
Morgan has lied on several of his videos. He is also running a dirty campaign. He has surrounded himself with individuals of questionable character and morals to say the least.
So when you speak of ethics, integrity, and honor what do you mean? Ah ok his military career, yes no doubt it was an honorable one, but that’s as far as it goes. A man of honor with high ethics and morals does not need to lie in his videos and bash the other candidates to make him look good. Mr. Morgan the people of Pensacola are getting tired of your endless whining about everything. Tell the citizens what your plans is without bashing anybody, that’s what a man of high ethics and morals would do. We want to hear what you plan to do for the citizens of Escambia County we already know McNesby is done a horrible job and needs to be replace but why should we vote for you?

Morgan said from the start that he is going to beat McNesby with the truth. There is nothing "dirty" about exposing facts about an opponent. He stands behind the statements on his videos which are backed by documentation. He's mentioned many plans he has to improve the agency. Did you miss that somehow? He's going to rightsize the ratio of patrol deputies to management to 65/35 from the current 55% management. He'll give raises to all the patrol and detention deputies before anyone else in the agency gets a raise. He'll restore deputy rights. He favors a return to civil service. He'll negotiate in good faith with the union. No more 6 years with no contract! He's willing to meet with the deputies now and sign that agreement for raises upon his election. He'll man up the jail and patrol to improve officer safety and allow for reasonable time off. Those are just a few of his oft stated campaign platforms.

05-14-2008, 02:18 AM
John Powell?JOHN POWELL????? You have the guts to bringhim up. This is the Deputy who made himself a "john RAMBO" name tag and wore it on his uniform. And lets not forget the stuun gunning of passed out drunks!!!!

Oh yeah, he was areal winner. What a great character reference

05-14-2008, 02:42 AM
david + david = leroy

MOD 504
05-14-2008, 03:31 AM
Everyone please read Jay M.'s original post, seems everyone has strayed
off the original "Topic". Your views are appreciated but this is not a "Slam site".

05-18-2008, 09:06 PM
Powell had a lot more issues than playing Rambo. When he left it wasn't a great loss. Him supporting Morgan isn'tmuch of a boost.