PDA

View Full Version : Have you heard this one?

04-21-2008, 04:00 PM
I was informed that we are processing a guy who was arrested in the past for AUTO THEFT!!! If this is true what the hell has this place come to! Is this the kind of guy I want as my backup? Good job City Hall, now your trying to get us good cops jammed up or killed by someone wearing the same uniform!
Be careful out there and watch your back apparently no one else will.

04-21-2008, 06:25 PM
I was informed that we are processing a guy who was arrested in the past for AUTO THEFT!!! If this is true what the hell has this place come to! Is this the kind of guy I want as my backup? Good job City Hall, now your trying to get us good cops jammed up or killed by someone wearing the same uniform!
Be careful out there and watch your back apparently no one else will.
How could you take a guy like that seriously in an oral board when asking integrity questions? Sure, we've all had our moments of delinquency, but grand theft?

<devil's advocate warning>
Maybe he was 16, and how he's twice that age. Maybe the years have matured him. We never see the success stories of ppl who turn their lives around. But I still want his name to float around so we know to keep an eye out. I mean, I've already had an average of one pair of cuffs stolen for every year I've been a cop, imagine a real thief in our ranks!

04-21-2008, 08:50 PM
Listen to yourself, if he has a prior for a s-10, he could not be hired by state law! Nobody would even get an oral board interview with a prior felony.

04-21-2008, 11:25 PM
Listen to yourself, if he has a prior for a s-10, he could not be hired by state law! Nobody would even get an oral board interview with a prior felony.
Prior conviction, that is. And we all know that the State's Atty always convicts every guilty person. No one ever gets off.

04-22-2008, 12:40 AM
So what is the problem? The SAO pled the S-10 to an attempted trespass. Way to go Satzy !!!!

04-22-2008, 01:55 AM
This going to be Miami in the 80s all over again...

04-27-2008, 12:16 PM
BUT IF YOUR A COP FROM ANOTHER STATE PREPARE FOR 4 POLYGRAPHS. IF YOUR A PRIOR FELONY ARREST RECORD PERSON AND THE RIGHT RACE SEX OR FROM A RARE COUNTRY OR A FEMALE A HIRING PERSON COULD HAVE A CHANCE WITH. ONE POLYGRAPH THAT YOU REALLY DIDN'T PASS. THEN SEVERAL MONTHS LATER THEY FIRE YOU DEPENDING ON WHO YOU BEFREINDED, FOR VARIOUS THINGS CRIMES ECT.........

05-01-2008, 10:42 PM
I don't know about that one, but did you hear about the kinky Dispatcher (with the master's degree) who is never the less not the brightest one we have working here...I am sure everyone has heard by now...