PDA

View Full Version : Steve Burch Chief of Lake City

04-21-2008, 06:16 AM
Burch named police chief
Former Crystal River chief beat out more than 80 applicants.
Published: Wednesday, February 20, 2008 6:07 AM EST
The City of Lake City Police Department has a new police chief.

City Manager Scott Reynolds announced Tuesday that the City of Lake City has hired former Crystal River Police Chief Steven Burch to serve as Lake City Police chief. He will begin his duties March 31.

Burch, 52, brings 28 years of law enforcement experience. He has also served previously with the Clearwater Police Department.

“He was the shining star out of the entire program,” Reynolds said, referring to the city’s interview process.

City officials performed an extensive search for a new police chief to replace David Allbritton, who has served as the agency’s chief since 1996. Utilizing assistance from the Florida Police Chiefs Association, officials whittled down a list of potential candidates — the agency received more than 80 applications — to a handful they chose to interview.

At the end of the interview process, a panel, which included Reynolds and safety committee chairman Mike Lee, chose Burch for a number of reasons, including “his ability to create these volunteer policing groups and community participation,” Reynolds said.

“He was very successful in working with the community — and community outreach is something we need a lot more of — and he was very successful with those implemented programs,” Reynolds said.

Reynolds said Burch’s projected start date is March 31.

Burch spent his first 24 years of law enforcement service with the Clearwater Police Department, where he rose to the rank of lieutenant. He retired in 2004 to take the position of police chief at the Crystal River Police Department. Burch spent more than three years at the agency, and during that time, he said the crime and crash rates were down while arrests were up, but the city government opted to dissolve the agency and contract with the Sheriff’s Office for law enforcement duties.

Burch said he hopes his experience and expertise will be able to help the agency continue its forward-thinking progress. He said he firmly believes in community policing and highway safety policies; he is the chairman of the Highway Safety Committee for the Florida Police Chief’s Association, and wants to make his office accessible to community members.

“I believe the chief has to be visible and approachable and the citizens need to know what the police department is doing for them,” Burch said.

“I definitely want to make sure Lake Citians are made aware of efforts by police department officers, sworn and non-sworn, to make this community a safe one.”

Burch has been married 30 years to his wife, Linda. They have two children and three grandchildren.

05-08-2008, 04:32 PM
STEVE YOU SUCK...DID I SAY THAT....

06-25-2008, 01:38 AM
Discrimination complaint filed on chief

The photo at left, from worldschoolphotographs.com, shows the image Lake City Police Department Lt. Rudolph Davis saw after he clicked on a link to the Web site which allegedly was forwarded from Lake City Police Chief Steven Burch. Davis has retained legal services and has filed a complaint alleging the Web site link is discriminatory. IMAGE FROM WWW.WORLDSCHOOLPHOTOGRAPHS.COM (http://WWW.WORLDSCHOOLPHOTOGRAPHS.COM)
City to launch investigation into lieutenant’s claims.
By TONY BRITT
tbritt@lakecityreporter.com
Published: Thursday, June 19, 2008 6:11 AM EDT
A Lake City Police Department lieutenant has filed several complaints against Lake City Police Chief Steven Burch for alleged discrimination.

Both complaints were filed by Lt. Rudolph Davis, an 18-year veteran.

One complaint was filed with the City of Lake City while the other was filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The complaint filed with the city alleges a single incident of discrimination while the complaint filed with the EEOC claims several instances of discrimination.

In Davis’ complaint aginst the city, he alleges Burch circulated an e-mailed Web site link through the department’s e-mail system in which the link

then allegedly instructed users in the department to supply information from their high school in order to find high school photographs. When users click on high school photograph information, a photograph of three monkeys appears.

Davis was asked for comment but referred all questions to attorney Greg Durden, who Davis has retained for his services to handle his complaint.

Laundry list

Durden, who is based out of Fort Lauderdale, said the complaint stems from a number of things.

“Before he (Davis) had filed a complaint with the prior police chief — and as I understand it when a new police chief was hired — the city manager gave the new police chief that file and told him (Burch) to read it,” Durden said. “He (Burch) took that as somebody to put in check. This began a series of things against him, including promoting a white lieutenant and giving him a new office, new car, nights and weekends off and then they eliminated a captain position that(Davis) would have gotten; but they eliminated the position so he could not be promoted.

“Then they threatened him with his job,” Durden said. “At some point you have to do something. The whole thing with the e-mail just sent (Davis) over the edge.”

Durden said Davis’ complaint comes from wanting to see a more efficient police department.

Other instances

Previously, Davis filed a grievance against former Police Chief David Allbritton alleging racial discrimination, however the claims were found to be without merit after an investigation by the City of Lake City.

“What we want to have is to give them (city officials) this issue and let them address it,” Durden said. “Lt. Davis only wants this to be a better police department. Most people who file discrimination charges aren’t after money, they only want to make things better.

“He just wants to see a police department the way it’s supposed to be. When you have a police chief who says it’s OK to mistreat black police officers, you create a mindset that other officers don’t have to back them up,” Durden said. “You create a paranoia, and it puts the police in danger and the community in danger, and that’s what’s wrong with this and that’s why we are so concerned.”

According to a letter submitted by Durden on Wednesday to Lake City Mayor Stephen Witt, the Web site link Burch sent to department members was interpreted as being insensitive, disrespectful and outrageous. The letter to Witt accuses Burch as referencing Lt. Davis, an African-American, as being a monkey.

According to Davis’ complaint, at 4:15 p.m. on May 22, “Burch sent me” an e-mail on an office police computer in reference to “Find Your High School Senior Photo.”

Davis’ complaint says he put in the requested information, and after clicking “view photos,” the next page showed a picture of three monkeys with writing above the picture which read, “We think the one in the middle is you!”

“As an African-American, I am very offended by this e-mail the Chief of Police sent/forwarded to me,” Davis wrote in his complaint. “This e-mail was not funny to me, and along with everything else that has occurred since Chief Burch has been chief of the Lake City Police Department, this is very discouraging. I ask that immediate actions be taken against Chief Burch for his insensitive actions.”

Mending fences?

On Friday, May 23, according to documentation supplied by Durden’s office, Burch apologized for his actions.

“I have to apologize to everyone,” Burch said, via an office e-mail, which was obtained from Durden. “This e-mail came from the Chief’s Association and I thought it was an investigative tool. Apparently the chief who sent it has a sense of humor. While this might be funny, it is inappropriate for the workplace.

“The lesson learned here,” Burch’s apology reads, “is that I will review materials I receive more carefully before I disseminate them on the department e-mail. I will be preparing an employee log entry for myself regarding this failure.”

The alleged e-mail, and subsequent complaint filed by Davis, come on the heels of an electronic mail policy instituted by Burch on May 8.

Mayor comments

“At this moment I don’t have enough information to make a comment,” Witt said. “My understanding is the e-mail was an accident and nothing he (Burch) had seen before. It certainly wasn’t intended by him, according to what I’ve heard so far. I believe the investigation has been turned over to (city attorney Herbert) Darby to look into and find out and get to the bottom of everything so we can make a judgment on what we need to do.”

Witt said City Council will not have anything to do with the investigation itself since the investigation is being handled by Darby, who will report directly to Lake City City Manager Scott Reynolds.

Witt said he believes the investigation began when Reynolds learned of the accusations nearly a week ago.

“As with anything, we want to get to the truth of it and find out what’s going on and to take whatever action is appropriate in the dealing with the situation,” Witt said.

Reynolds on Wednesday said he was aware of Davis’ complaint.

“We received a communiqué this morning (Wednesday) that he (Davis) has retained an attorney,” Reynolds said, noting he initially received a complaint from Davis last week. “I received a complaint from Lt. Davis last Friday and started an active investigation and it’s been turned over to the city attorney’s office.”

Reynolds said he expects findings from the report to be returned to him shortly.

According to the 1995 City of Lake City Employee Handbook, as city manager, Reynolds has 30 days to make a finding in the case.

Reynolds said the city attorney and the Florida League of Cities attorney will conduct interviews and compile findings for the report from thei interviews.

Burch was in meetings Wednesday and did not return phone messages when the meeting ended.

Staff writer Troy Roberts contributed to this story.

Copyright © 2008 - Lake City Reporter

06-25-2008, 08:17 PM
You may, or may not like Steve Burch (and I do recognize that most people do not like him), but he is most certainly intelligent enough to not purposely do something like this. I worked for him, and I know that he would not knowingly forward anything that might be perceived as disparaging, especially towards a minority employee.

06-25-2008, 08:42 PM
Another errrr minority looking to make a quick buck. When all else fails whip out the race card. I'm so sick of it

06-25-2008, 11:19 PM
Steve Burch is not a racist. I am sure the email was meant to be considered as workplace humor by anyone that forwarded it to friends, family, and co-workers. Grow up Rudolph you whiny little __________________ (fill in the rest yourself)!

06-27-2008, 01:22 AM
SO, WE CAN SEE YOU GUYS DON'T WANT HIM BACK EITHER.

SO IF HE KEEPS HIS JOB AT LCPD, WELL, THEN NO WORRIES, RIGHT. GOOD THINKING THERE.

ANYWAY, YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT ONE THING FOR SURE A WHOLE LOT OF PEOPLE DON'T LIKE BURCH, MUCH LESS NEED HIM OR HIS ARROGANT ATTITUDE.

AS FOR RACIST, YES HE IS, AND A FEW OTHER THINGS TOO!!!

06-27-2008, 04:49 PM
Any idiot (“UNDERSTANDING”) knows Burch is a racist! He’s also response for the climbing oil prices, our weak economy, and global warming. And I also heard he knew of the plans related to the September 11 attacks, but he said nothing hoping to further his career by being named the head of Homeland Security.

He didn’t get the job, of course, because during the background check they discovered he was a racist.

06-28-2008, 12:34 AM
Well, if your an arrogant SOB, Like Burch, your're just giving someone a reason to screw with you. If Burch was such a racist, it would have been noticed with his 20 years at CPD. So..all of a sudden.. after all this time..Burch moves to PODUNK Florida..and Kaboom..! He's a racist. Come on now. What probably helps Burch is that he's an Equal Opportunity NON RACIST Offender. Burch pissed everyone off. It didnt matter your color, or socio-economic level. Burch talked down to everyone. The Black Lt. should pick his battles wisely. It's one thing that he goes after a Good Ole' Boy from HIS PD, and another to go after someone from out of town with impeccable professional credentials. (I didnt say a Good Personality Diploma). If Burch needs character witnesses, as to his possible Racism.. his attorney could empty out CPD. Just dont ask them about being his buddy... :)

02-13-2009, 05:02 AM
They need to get rid of Davis, who is nothing but a rasist pot stirrer.

02-14-2009, 11:18 PM

The photo at left, from worldschoolphotographs.com, shows the image Lake City Police Department Lt. Rudolph Davis saw after he clicked on a link to the Web site which allegedly was forwarded from Lake City Police Chief Steven Burch. Davis has retained legal services and has filed a complaint alleging the Web site link is discriminatory. IMAGE FROM http://WWW.WORLDSCHOOLPHOTOGRAPHS.COM
By TONY BRITT
A Lake City Police Department lieutenant has filed several complaints against Lake City Police Chief Steven Burch for alleged discrimination.

One complaint was filed with the City of Lake City while the other was filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The complaint filed with the city alleges a single incident of discrimination while the complaint filed with the EEOC claims several instances of discrimination.

In Davis’ complaint aginst the city, he alleges Burch circulated an e-mailed Web site link through the department’s e-mail system in which the link

then allegedly instructed users in the department to supply information from their high school in order to find high school photographs. When users click on high school photograph information, a photograph of three monkeys appears.

Davis was asked for comment but referred all questions to attorney Greg Durden, who Davis has retained for his services to handle his complaint.

Laundry list

Durden, who is based out of Fort Lauderdale, said the complaint stems from a number of things.

“Before he (Davis) had filed a complaint with the prior police chief — and as I understand it when a new police chief was hired — the city manager gave the new police chief that file and told him (Burch) to read it,” Durden said. “He (Burch) took that as somebody to put in check. This began a series of things against him, including promoting a white lieutenant and giving him a new office, new car, nights and weekends off and then they eliminated a captain position that(Davis) would have gotten; but they eliminated the position so he could not be promoted.

“Then they threatened him with his job,” Durden said. “At some point you have to do something. The whole thing with the e-mail just sent (Davis) over the edge.”

Durden said Davis’ complaint comes from wanting to see a more efficient police department.

Other instances

Previously, Davis filed a grievance against former Police Chief David Allbritton alleging racial discrimination, however the claims were found to be without merit after an investigation by the City of Lake City.

“What we want to have is to give them (city officials) this issue and let them address it,” Durden said. “Lt. Davis only wants this to be a better police department. Most people who file discrimination charges aren’t after money, they only want to make things better.

“He just wants to see a police department the way it’s supposed to be. When you have a police chief who says it’s OK to mistreat black police officers, you create a mindset that other officers don’t have to back them up,” Durden said. “You create a paranoia, and it puts the police in danger and the community in danger, and that’s what’s wrong with this and that’s why we are so concerned.”

According to a letter submitted by Durden on Wednesday to Lake City Mayor Stephen Witt, the Web site link Burch sent to department members was interpreted as being insensitive, disrespectful and outrageous. The letter to Witt accuses Burch as referencing Lt. Davis, an African-American, as being a monkey.

According to Davis’ complaint, at 4:15 p.m. on May 22, “Burch sent me” an e-mail on an office police computer in reference to “Find Your High School Senior Photo.”

Davis’ complaint says he put in the requested information, and after clicking “view photos,” the next page showed a picture of three monkeys with writing above the picture which read, “We think the one in the middle is you!”

“As an African-American, I am very offended by this e-mail the Chief of Police sent/forwarded to me,” Davis wrote in his complaint. “This e-mail was not funny to me, and along with everything else that has occurred since Chief Burch has been chief of the Lake City Police Department, this is very discouraging. I ask that immediate actions be taken against Chief Burch for his insensitive actions.”

Mending fences?

On Friday, May 23, according to documentation supplied by Durden’s office, Burch apologized for his actions.

“I have to apologize to everyone,” Burch said, via an office e-mail, which was obtained from Durden. “This e-mail came from the Chief’s Association and I thought it was an investigative tool. Apparently the chief who sent it has a sense of humor. While this might be funny, it is inappropriate for the workplace.

“The lesson learned here,” Burch’s apology reads, “is that I will review materials I receive more carefully before I disseminate them on the department e-mail. I will be preparing an employee log entry for myself regarding this failure.”

The alleged e-mail, and subsequent complaint filed by Davis, come on the heels of an electronic mail policy instituted by Burch on May 8.

Mayor comments

“At this moment I don’t have enough information to make a comment,” Witt said. “My understanding is the e-mail was an accident and nothing he (Burch) had seen before. It certainly wasn’t intended by him, according to what I’ve heard so far. I believe the investigation has been turned over to (city attorney Herbert) Darby to look into and find out and get to the bottom of everything so we can make a judgment on what we need to do.”

Witt said City Council will not have anything to do with the investigation itself since the investigation is being handled by Darby, who will report directly to Lake City City Manager Scott Reynolds.

Witt said he believes the investigation began when Reynolds learned of the accusations nearly a week ago.

“As with anything, we want to get to the truth of it and find out what’s going on and to take whatever action is appropriate in the dealing with the situation,” Witt said.

“We received a communiqué this morning (Wednesday) that he (Davis) has retained an attorney,” Reynolds said, noting he initially received a complaint from Davis last week. “I received a complaint from Lt. Davis last Friday and started an active investigation and it’s been turned over to the city attorney’s office.”

Reynolds said he expects findings from the report to be returned to him shortly.

According to the 1995 City of Lake City Employee Handbook, as city manager, Reynolds has 30 days to make a finding in the case.

Reynolds said the city attorney and the Florida League of Cities attorney will conduct interviews and compile findings for the report from thei interviews.

Burch was in meetings Wednesday and did not return phone messages when the meeting ended.

If this is true then I hope they fire him, sue him personally, and plaster his face all over MSNBC. There should be a no-tolerance policy mandated by the federal government when it comes to police being racist. If you read President Obama's books (written before he ever dreamed of running for president) you will see the racism he faced as a young black man. Because of this I expect (and some people are demanding) he will pass federal legislation making hate-speech (proven, of course) a firable offense. Many are hoping he will make a federal law making it a federal civil rights violation to take the oath of a police officer knowing you have made racially derogatory remarks in the past (for example Mark Furman). It's been a long road for law enforcement but there's light at the end of the tunnel now.
Be safe.

02-15-2009, 04:57 AM
Keep dreaming! While you're at it, click your heels together three times and wish for Obama to institute a no tolerance policy for bad thoughts. Burch never was and never will be anything even remotely close to a 'racist.' If you actually knew him, you'd know this. Unfortunately, as the saying goes, opinions are like assholes - everyone has one. And yours belongs in a toilet. But don't worry, Jesus still loves you!!!

02-15-2009, 03:50 PM

The photo at left, from worldschoolphotographs.com, shows the image Lake City Police Department Lt. Rudolph Davis saw after he clicked on a link to the Web site which allegedly was forwarded from Lake City Police Chief Steven Burch. Davis has retained legal services and has filed a complaint alleging the Web site link is discriminatory. IMAGE FROM http://WWW.WORLDSCHOOLPHOTOGRAPHS.COM
By TONY BRITT

Laundry list

Other instances

Mending fences?

Mayor comments

If this is true then I hope they fire him, sue him personally, and plaster his face all over MSNBC. There should be a no-tolerance policy mandated by the federal government when it comes to police being racist. If you read President Obama's books (written before he ever dreamed of running for president) you will see the racism he faced as a young black man. Because of this I expect (and some people are demanding) he will pass federal legislation making hate-speech (proven, of course) a firable offense. Many are hoping he will make a federal law making it a federal civil rights violation to take the oath of a police officer knowing you have made racially derogatory remarks in the past (for example Mark Furman). It's been a long road for law enforcement but there's light at the end of the tunnel now.
Be safe.

Funny how you referenced MSNBC. You prob believe all the b.s. that Oberman and the rest of them shovel and they are the biggest O-dumb-a cheerleaders that exist. Screw you, MSNBC, the fraud O-dumb-a and your liberal conspiricy theories

02-15-2009, 06:15 PM
[quote=GUESTT00]Discrimination complaint filed on chief

By TONY BRITT

Laundry list

Other instances

Mending fences?

Mayor comments

Be safe.

Funny how you referenced MSNBC. You prob believe all the b.s. that Oberman and the rest of them shovel and they are the biggest O-dumb-a cheerleaders that exist. Screw you, MSNBC, the fraud O-dumb-a and your liberal conspiricy theories[/quote:3472w01x]
Whoa Whoa Whoa, pal. Don't put words in my mouth here. IF this gentleman did not do these racist things then I expect he should be (loudly) apologized to in the media and elsewhere. Racism is (just about) the worst thing someone can be accused of so it should be proclaimed publicly if he is innocent so no one thinks he is some hateful racist. IF he is guilty he should be publicly punished. IF he is innocent he should be apologized to.

02-15-2009, 09:27 PM
[quote="truth to power":3k9llg3w][quote=GUESTT00]Discrimination complaint filed on chief

By TONY BRITT

Laundry list

Other instances

Mending fences?

Mayor comments

Be safe.

Funny how you referenced MSNBC. You prob believe all the b.s. that Oberman and the rest of them shovel and they are the biggest O-dumb-a cheerleaders that exist. Screw you, MSNBC, the fraud O-dumb-a and your liberal conspiricy theories[/quote:3k9llg3w]
Whoa Whoa Whoa, pal. Don't put words in my mouth here. IF this gentleman did not do these racist things then I expect he should be (loudly) apologized to in the media and elsewhere. Racism is (just about) the worst thing someone can be accused of so it should be proclaimed publicly if he is innocent so no one thinks he is some hateful racist. IF he is guilty he should be publicly punished. IF he is innocent he should be apologized to.[/quote:3k9llg3w]

Let me clarify you on something, dude. Racism is the worst thing you can be accused of IF you are a WHITE MALE in the public domain. You can't shake it even if it isnt true. Those who made the allegations against Burch are the racists and had an agenda and, of course it worked. If Burch was a racist, he did a hell of a good job hiding it PLUS he's not stupid enough to step into the "racist" trap. He was BLACKBALLED because he was ACCUSED of being a racist. If you are a WHITE MALE, the allegations don't have to be proven. You are screwed, period. Get it?

02-16-2009, 01:09 AM
[quote="Liberals make me puke":1ucfjv6y][quote="truth to power":1ucfjv6y][quote=GUESTT00]Discrimination complaint filed on chief

By TONY BRITT

Laundry list

Other instances

Mending fences?

Mayor comments

Be safe.

Funny how you referenced MSNBC. You prob believe all the b.s. that Oberman and the rest of them shovel and they are the biggest O-dumb-a cheerleaders that exist. Screw you, MSNBC, the fraud O-dumb-a and your liberal conspiricy theories[/quote:1ucfjv6y]
Whoa Whoa Whoa, pal. Don't put words in my mouth here. IF this gentleman did not do these racist things then I expect he should be (loudly) apologized to in the media and elsewhere. Racism is (just about) the worst thing someone can be accused of so it should be proclaimed publicly if he is innocent so no one thinks he is some hateful racist. IF he is guilty he should be publicly punished. IF he is innocent he should be apologized to.[/quote:1ucfjv6y]
You hate liberals? Then you must hate 90% of your fellow officers. The Democratic Party gave us the largest increase in officers on the street (thanks to President Clinton in the 1990's). The Democratic Party is the party of a stronger government which means more authority for the police and MORE police jobs. The Democratic Party is the party supported by 100% of this nation's unions (you like the FOP and PBA, right?) while the republicans try to bust unions. The Democratic Party supports controlling the guns that criminals shoot at you with (but you, as an officer, get to keep yours). The Democratic Party is the party that supports and expects higher education which this profession is moving toward.
Quit watching the propaganda from FoxNews and open your mind (and eyes).
Let me clarify you on something, dude. Racism is the worst thing you can be accused of IF you are a WHITE MALE in the public domain. You can't shake it even if it isnt true. Those who made the allegations against Burch are the racists and had an agenda and, of course it worked. If Burch was a racist, he did a hell of a good job hiding it PLUS he's not stupid enough to step into the "racist" trap. He was BLACKBALLED because he was ACCUSED of being a racist. If you are a WHITE MALE, the allegations don't have to be proven. You are screwed, period. Get it?[/quote:1ucfjv6y]

02-16-2009, 09:11 PM
You are really looking thru those rose colored glasses. Clinton had nothing to do with that it was the republican congress. As far as 90% of leo's being democrats? I don't know one that voted for obama. As a matter of fact, he scares most of us. So you are way off there. Criminals will always have guns and therefore, since I will not be an officer all of my life I would like to be able to keep a little something around, because truth be known, you can't count on the police all the time. I realized that after being sent to help out with the riots in 96. I will always want the ability to defend myself and family. Finally, before you run your liberal diatribe on how great they are, check out House Bill HR 45 which obama and his cabinet of criminals are trying to push thru. It will basically make law abiding citizens criminals if they own a firearm and not jump thru so many hoops it's not worth it. Still the criminals will always be strapped. And btw, while an Illinois senator, it was your boy obama that wanted to prosecute anyone that used deadly force in defense of their lives while under unlawful attacks by thugs. You've drank the kool aid and are now brainwashed like so many other fools. Congrats.

02-19-2009, 07:21 PM
[quote="truth to power":2qn0v3tq][quote="Liberals make me puke":2qn0v3tq][quote="truth to power":2qn0v3tq][quote=GUESTT00]Discrimination complaint filed on chief

By TONY BRITT

Laundry list

Other instances

Mending fences?

Mayor comments

Be safe.

Funny how you referenced MSNBC. You prob believe all the b.s. that Oberman and the rest of them shovel and they are the biggest O-dumb-a cheerleaders that exist. Screw you, MSNBC, the fraud O-dumb-a and your liberal conspiricy theories[/quote:2qn0v3tq]
Whoa Whoa Whoa, pal. Don't put words in my mouth here. IF this gentleman did not do these racist things then I expect he should be (loudly) apologized to in the media and elsewhere. Racism is (just about) the worst thing someone can be accused of so it should be proclaimed publicly if he is innocent so no one thinks he is some hateful racist. IF he is guilty he should be publicly punished. IF he is innocent he should be apologized to.[/quote:2qn0v3tq]
You hate liberals? Then you must hate 90% of your fellow officers. The Democratic Party gave us the largest increase in officers on the street (thanks to President Clinton in the 1990's). The Democratic Party is the party of a stronger government which means more authority for the police and MORE police jobs. The Democratic Party is the party supported by 100% of this nation's unions (you like the FOP and PBA, right?) while the republicans try to bust unions. The Democratic Party supports controlling the guns that criminals shoot at you with (but you, as an officer, get to keep yours). The Democratic Party is the party that supports and expects higher education which this profession is moving toward.
Let me clarify you on something, dude. Racism is the worst thing you can be accused of IF you are a WHITE MALE in the public domain. You can't shake it even if it isnt true. Those who made the allegations against Burch are the racists and had an agenda and, of course it worked. If Burch was a racist, he did a hell of a good job hiding it PLUS he's not stupid enough to step into the "racist" trap. He was BLACKBALLED because he was ACCUSED of being a racist. If you are a WHITE MALE, the allegations don't have to be proven. You are screwed, period. Get it?[/quote:2qn0v3tq][/quote:2qn0v3tq]
YOU may not like it but YOU are out of touch.
Every point I made about why officers support Democratic policies you cannot argue.
Take them point
by point
by point.
You can't dispute that the Democratic Party aligns with the vast majority of our belief system.

02-19-2009, 09:48 PM
This just in...neither party really affects police as there is always going to be a need and both parties realize that, therefore they will try to APPEAR pro-police. You are trying to bring policing into politics apparently to pump up your obvious liberal agenda. Your statement that 90% of leo's are dems is pure b.s....it's probably the opposite.

02-19-2009, 09:59 PM
[quote="Liberals make me puke":3j6fqutz][quote="truth to power":3j6fqutz][quote="Liberals make me puke":3j6fqutz][quote="truth to power":3j6fqutz][quote=GUESTT00]Discrimination complaint filed on chief

By TONY BRITT

Laundry list

Other instances

Mending fences?

Mayor comments

Be safe.

Funny how you referenced MSNBC. You prob believe all the b.s. that Oberman and the rest of them shovel and they are the biggest O-dumb-a cheerleaders that exist. Screw you, MSNBC, the fraud O-dumb-a and your liberal conspiricy theories[/quote:3j6fqutz]
Whoa Whoa Whoa, pal. Don't put words in my mouth here. IF this gentleman did not do these racist things then I expect he should be (loudly) apologized to in the media and elsewhere. Racism is (just about) the worst thing someone can be accused of so it should be proclaimed publicly if he is innocent so no one thinks he is some hateful racist. IF he is guilty he should be publicly punished. IF he is innocent he should be apologized to.[/quote:3j6fqutz]
Let me clarify you on something, dude. Racism is the worst thing you can be accused of IF you are a WHITE MALE in the public domain. You can't shake it even if it isnt true. Those who made the allegations against Burch are the racists and had an agenda and, of course it worked. If Burch was a racist, he did a hell of a good job hiding it PLUS he's not stupid enough to step into the "racist" trap. He was BLACKBALLED because he was ACCUSED of being a racist. If you are a WHITE MALE, the allegations don't have to be proven. You are screwed, period. Get it?[/quote:3j6fqutz][/quote:3j6fqutz]
Every point I made about why officers support Democratic policies you cannot argue.
Take them point
by point
by point.
You can't dispute that the Democratic Party aligns with the vast majority of our belief system.[/quote:3j6fqutz]

by hey truth to power or whatever on 02/19/09 16:48:27

This just in...neither party really affects police as there is always going to be a need and both parties realize that, therefore they will try to APPEAR pro-police. You are trying to bring policing into politics apparently to pump up your obvious liberal agenda. Your statement that 90% of leo's are dems is pure b.s....it's probably the opposite.

I'm afraid you are wrong, friend. Maybe you run with a clique that thinks that way but you obviously don't have your finger on the pulse of American law enforcement. Unions are the dominion of the Democratic Party and law enforcement needs unions to be treated fairly and protected. There is no dispute in that is there?
The Rush Limbaughs and Sean Hannitys talk a good game but they blatantly support corporations rather than government officials (which you are). Don't fall for their false patriotism.

02-19-2009, 10:57 PM
LISTEN HERE TRUTH TO POWER!

I HATE YOU SCUM LOVING LIBERALS AND IF I COULD CRAWL THROUGH THESE WIRES TO GET TO YOU, I WOULD SLAP THAT LIBERAL SMIRK RIGHT OFF YOUR LITTLE ELF-LIKE FACE!!! IT'S PENCIL-NECK WIMPS LIKE YOU THAT HAVE DESTROYED THIS COUNTRY. I WOULD TAKE GREAT PLEASURE IN SLOWLY AND PAINFULLY RE-EDUCATING YOU.

SO IF YOU EVER WANT TO ENGAGE IN A PHYSICAL DEBATE PLEASE FEEL FREE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH ME AT THE OFFICE. I WORK NIGHT SHIFT AND I AM WORKING TONITE!

ps.
stop quoting each other your posts are nonsensically long and stupid.

02-19-2009, 11:06 PM
[quote="truth to power":280tmpq3][quote="Liberals make me puke":280tmpq3][quote="truth to power":280tmpq3][quote="Liberals make me puke":280tmpq3][quote="truth to power":280tmpq3][quote=GUESTT00]Discrimination complaint filed on chief

By TONY BRITT

Laundry list

Other instances

Mending fences?

Mayor comments

Be safe.

Funny how you referenced MSNBC. You prob believe all the b.s. that Oberman and the rest of them shovel and they are the biggest O-dumb-a cheerleaders that exist. Screw you, MSNBC, the fraud O-dumb-a and your liberal conspiricy theories[/quote:280tmpq3]
Whoa Whoa Whoa, pal. Don't put words in my mouth here. IF this gentleman did not do these racist things then I expect he should be (loudly) apologized to in the media and elsewhere. Racism is (just about) the worst thing someone can be accused of so it should be proclaimed publicly if he is innocent so no one thinks he is some hateful racist. IF he is guilty he should be publicly punished. IF he is innocent he should be apologized to.[/quote:280tmpq3]
Let me clarify you on something, dude. Racism is the worst thing you can be accused of IF you are a WHITE MALE in the public domain. You can't shake it even if it isnt true. Those who made the allegations against Burch are the racists and had an agenda and, of course it worked. If Burch was a racist, he did a hell of a good job hiding it PLUS he's not stupid enough to step into the "racist" trap. He was BLACKBALLED because he was ACCUSED of being a racist. If you are a WHITE MALE, the allegations don't have to be proven. You are screwed, period. Get it?[/quote:280tmpq3][/quote:280tmpq3]
Take them point
by point
by point.
You can't dispute that the Democratic Party aligns with the vast majority of our belief system.[/quote:280tmpq3]

I'm afraid you are wrong, friend. Maybe you run with a clique that thinks that way but you obviously don't have your finger on the pulse of American law enforcement. Unions are the dominion of the Democratic Party and law enforcement needs unions to be treated fairly and protected. There is no dispute in that is there?
The Rush Limbaughs and Sean Hannitys talk a good game but they blatantly support corporations rather than government officials (which you are). Don't fall for their false patriotism.[/quote:280tmpq3]

by I GOT YOUR TRUTH AND POWER RIGHT HERE! on 02/19/09 17:57:45

I HATE YOU SCUM LOVING LIBERALS AND IF I COULD CRAWL THROUGH THESE WIRES TO GET TO YOU, I WOULD SLAP THAT LIBERAL SMIRK RIGHT OFF YOUR LITTLE ELF-LIKE FACE!!! IT'S PENCIL-NECK WIMPS LIKE YOU THAT HAVE DESTROYED THIS COUNTRY. I WOULD TAKE GREAT PLEASURE IN SLOWLY AND PAINFULLY RE-EDUCATING YOU.

SO IF YOU EVER WANT TO ENGAGE IN A PHYSICAL DEBATE PLEASE FEEL FREE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH ME AT THE OFFICE. I WORK NIGHT SHIFT AND I AM WORKING TONITE!

ps.

WHY ARE YOU SO MAD AT ME?
We can't have a disagreement in philosophy without threatening people with violence? You are fulfilling stereotypes about conservatives that I think are unfair. I just see the world a little differently is all and I personally believe (because I see it) that most law enforcement officers agree with me in regards to the positives of the Democratic Party as evidenced by this past election cycle.

02-19-2009, 11:51 PM
[quote="truth to power":un806j1q][quote="truth to power":un806j1q][quote="Liberals make me puke":un806j1q][quote="truth to power":un806j1q][quote="Liberals make me puke":un806j1q][quote="truth to power":un806j1q][quote=GUESTT00]Discrimination complaint filed on chief

By TONY BRITT

Laundry list

Other instances

Mending fences?

Mayor comments

Be safe.

Funny how you referenced MSNBC. You prob believe all the b.s. that Oberman and the rest of them shovel and they are the biggest O-dumb-a cheerleaders that exist. Screw you, MSNBC, the fraud O-dumb-a and your liberal conspiricy theories[/quote:un806j1q]
Whoa Whoa Whoa, pal. Don't put words in my mouth here. IF this gentleman did not do these racist things then I expect he should be (loudly) apologized to in the media and elsewhere. Racism is (just about) the worst thing someone can be accused of so it should be proclaimed publicly if he is innocent so no one thinks he is some hateful racist. IF he is guilty he should be publicly punished. IF he is innocent he should be apologized to.[/quote:un806j1q]
Let me clarify you on something, dude. Racism is the worst thing you can be accused of IF you are a WHITE MALE in the public domain. You can't shake it even if it isnt true. Those who made the allegations against Burch are the racists and had an agenda and, of course it worked. If Burch was a racist, he did a hell of a good job hiding it PLUS he's not stupid enough to step into the "racist" trap. He was BLACKBALLED because he was ACCUSED of being a racist. If you are a WHITE MALE, the allegations don't have to be proven. You are screwed, period. Get it?[/quote:un806j1q][/quote:un806j1q]
Take them point
by point
by point.
You can't dispute that the Democratic Party aligns with the vast majority of our belief system.[/quote:un806j1q]

The Rush Limbaughs and Sean Hannitys talk a good game but they blatantly support corporations rather than government officials (which you are). Don't fall for their false patriotism.[/quote:un806j1q]

by I GOT YOUR TRUTH AND POWER RIGHT HERE! on 02/19/09 17:57:45

ps.

WHY ARE YOU SO MAD AT ME?
We can't have a disagreement in philosophy without threatening people with violence? You are fulfilling stereotypes about conservatives that I think are unfair. I just see the world a little differently is all and I personally believe (because I see it) that most law enforcement officers agree with me in regards to the positives of the Democratic Party as evidenced by this past election cycle.[/quote:un806j1q]

And why do you assume I have an elf-like face? Why do you assume I cannot fight? Just because I am not some neo-Nazi psychopath who wants to beat everyone up doesn't mean I am weak

You never know who you are threatening, sir. I might be a very skilled mixed martial arts fighter. The vast majority of mixed martial arts fighters in the Ultimate Fighting Championship voted for President Obama.

02-20-2009, 01:20 AM
Just ignore this jackazz...he's all over the various boards on this site. He just gets on here to stir the pot.

02-20-2009, 03:27 AM
ok I'm shaking in my Hi-techs!

if you wanna test out that weak a$$ MMA training you know when and where to find me!

I AM WAITING?

07-28-2012, 04:49 PM
Thsi IS my husband you ARE talking about. Steve is NOt and has never been a RACIST> for all you people who worked for him and didn't like him, it was because he held your feet to the fire to do the job the right way. He is and will always be a stickler for doing things the right and legal way. SO , please don't insult my husand, I have sat back for the last three years listening to the bs, and to be honest with you I AM SICK OF IT!!

08-02-2012, 04:34 AM
Go Mrs. Burch! Steve has never been a racist, known and worked for him for years. The caim is total bologna. And do you morons always believe what you read in the press? If so, you are stupid, foolish children. Grow up. It's easy to get on this board, all anonymous and act like big, ole tough guys. If you can't say something to someone's face and have the facts to back it up, then go take a walk off a short pier.