PDA

View Full Version : Off Duty Bid

04-19-2008, 12:07 AM
How come Marciante was able to bid over 50 hrs of off-duty per month the first go around. I thought is was caped at 40 somethin hrs. The rest of us are waiting till April 29 for the bid and here he is making over 100+k a year and bidding more off duty than allowed by those making less than him. Hardison, can you take care of this before a grievance is filed. Just lookin out for the little people.

04-19-2008, 01:55 AM
File a grievence or shut up. I am so sick of hearing people complain complain and complain. You have a grievence so stop whining on this forum expecting someone to fight your battles for you. Go to your union if he did do what you claim or shut the hell up. The rest of you who whine because you cant file a grievence keep up the good work.

04-19-2008, 01:55 AM
He is not the only "special" person. It happens more than you know. Go take a close look at the bid sometime...

Same story with senior officers bidding off duty then giving away their jobs to reserves.... ummm JR aka 3-15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-19-2008, 01:51 PM
My question would be how can he bid afternoon off duty jobs when he is on afternoon shift. Oh ya wait I forgot the captains do not work their shifts. We are the only police department that has three shift commanders on one shift. I guess we are troubled officers on days and need three Captains to watch us.

KP wake up and make the Captains work their shifts. Also wake up and look at the off duty bid before it gets jammed up your ace.

04-19-2008, 11:36 PM
How come Marciante was able to bid over 50 hrs of off-duty per month the first go around. .

For he record, he bid 78 hrs of offduty for May alone, I think thats more than double what were normally allowed to bid.

04-20-2008, 09:36 PM
Just another example how our administrators abuse their positions and how they NEVER lead by example. Let me guess, Marciante's excuse is gonna be, I never knew we could only bid 35 hrs per month the first round. Like 78 hrs isn't a little excessive. He must of went to the LL and BB school of administration aka the FBI Academy.

04-20-2008, 11:36 PM
I'm sure he will bid them and give them to his juniors buddies. Thats what all these senior guys do. They bid all the good details and never work one of them. I think the offduty coordinator needs start monitoring who checks in on these details, and if people don't show up and did not give there job away by seniority they shouldn't be allowed to bid anymore. Or at least not let them bid for a bid.

04-21-2008, 08:42 PM
As far as the Captains working off-duty, why should we care? They don’t get paid overtime and we get so much overtime we, of all people, should not be complaining about them.

Leave them alone. Who gives a rats ass (TS) they work off-duty. Shut your pie hole and take some overtime.

04-21-2008, 09:12 PM
As far as the Captains working off-duty, why should we care? They don’t get paid overtime and we get so much overtime we, of all people, should not be complaining about them.

Leave them alone. Who gives a rats ass (TS) they work off-duty. Shut your pie hole and take some overtime.

sounds like smoken ace needs a foot up his ace. no, they should not be allowed to work our off duty, they only work like 25 hrs a week and get paid about $110K a year. all the overtime we get you say? do you even work at nmb?

04-21-2008, 10:27 PM
Are you kidding? I cant believe that people are complaining because capts are working off duty. Do you really want to put a cap on someones salary? Ok, if you make 100 a year, you are no longer allowed to work off duty. Idiots! No one should be able to say how much money you are allowed to make if you work for it. Now if he bid more than is allowed, I dont blame you for complaining. But complaining that they are working off duty at all? Thats just plain stupid.

04-21-2008, 10:41 PM
Sorry, I have to agree. Capts and above should not be working any off duties. Its the principal. . Maybe only if a job cannot be filled. That has always been a problem, the OT and off duty was never controlled or looked at.

04-22-2008, 01:24 AM
I the Capts should be allowed to work off duty jobs, but they surely should abide by the rules of the amount of hours they bid. You should never limit someone from working extra things, you might be a Capt one day and want to make extra money for yourself.

04-23-2008, 10:25 PM
If Captains can work off duty why cant Majors? Why cant the Chief?