PDA

View Full Version : UNPROFESSIONAL CPD DISPATCHERS AND SUPERVISORS (Devil's ctr)

04-16-2008, 04:07 AM
:evil: So lets speak on the on unspeakable. We have a serious ongoing problem with these supervisors, trainers, and wanna be supervisor dispatchers. Why do we have supervisors (One in particular,VM) that are never at their positions or not at work. How are you suppose to delegate and manage a group of unstable and unprofessional people, if you're never there? More like a yes sir no sir type of supervisor..if you know what I mean.(HINT HINT) VM does not need this power if VM is not going to untilize it to grow and strengthen a more unified and ethical comm center.
Why is the comm center so short of people ? Why do people get a way with unprofessional, unethical behaivor? Is is because supervisors don't care what they do? Or is because people with seniority get away with this type of behaivor without proper consequences. VM, NL, L, JM, RN, these supervisors have the authority to change the comm center by not allowing certain behaivor to go on in the comm center. VM is never there ! I know some people get away with certain things be it that they are on Salary. But come on people ! Something has to be done. Ok, I believe you get the point about VM and the other supervisors. Now on to the unprofessional behaivor from TS, NL,GN, and so on... These people believe their are superior and inferior to everybody else. In my opinion CPD stands for CHILDISH PEOPLE in DISPATCH!!! Coming in and out of the comm center I've heard them talk about trainees right behind their backs, cuss them out, ect..) These people think others are suppose to kiss their a$$. They gossip about anything and everything even if its not appropriate,even about thier own associates. They smile in your face, and then back stab you.

The moral of this statement is this...
CPD Dispatchers, be honest, be ethical, be professional. If you see a problem in the comm center, bring it to attention, regardless of whoever may get upset. If VM is not there, go above VM's head, until you get a proper answer or a change. Things will never change until people in the comm center stand up for what's profesionally right. I'm just going to have to pray for these people and leave it in GOD'S hands. Because the devil has got a hold of this comm center. :twisted:

04-16-2008, 04:34 AM
I do agree with what you are saying, but there is a DISPATCHERS thread on LEOaffairs and I wish you guys would use it.

There is a reason why PST and potential officer positions are being lost and it is because of 10s of thousands of dollars are being wasted monthly on Comm. Center OVERTIME.

04-17-2008, 01:53 PM
First off thanks for attitude towards us dispatchers! We really appreciate it...typical attitude from someone who doesn't realize how hard we do work to keep you guys safe and fed. However you did bring up a good point as to the wasted money spent in the communications center. Yes we have overtime...we went from a staff of 26 to 20 in a few short months when we were already understaffed. You try coming and working our schedule now...3/12 hour days and one 4 hour day. It's a *itch! As to the wasted money.....why doesn't the city and the Chief look at what is REALLY wasting the tax payers money? Not the OT....we have 8 SUPERVISORS AND ONLY 20 PEOPLE ON THE FLOOR!!! Does that make sense to anyone? We have our new "Manager", DD, VM, BM, RN, NG, JM, and NL. If BM would just retire instead of "tinkering" with the radios all day we could save thounsand of dollars a year. NG already does alot with the radios, we don't need BM also. Also lets get rid of DD, we all love him, but all he is is a personal secretary to LH and does all her dirty work for her...let LH earn her money. VM is NEVER there, so put someone else in place of the training progaram and place him back on the floor to supervise. Maybe you guys should bring that up on your FOP meeting...How the comm center has 20 operators with 8 supervisors?? How does that make sense with all the budget cuts and patrol cuts??

04-17-2008, 06:41 PM
I respect what you guys do up there and know you have a tough job to do. I hate those hours (12 hr shifts) you guys have to do and it is almost punishment to have to come back in for a 4 hour shift. It's ridiculous. The OT is just killing the budget and that includes the scam of sending officers up there to work on OT.

04-17-2008, 10:24 PM
I agree with you, Change...but it's not just our OT wasting money. The TRUE waste is having 8 supervisors with 20 operators. Can someone explain why that is? If LH is our "manager" why do we also have DD doing her work? Why do we have BM up there tinkering with the radios when NG can do the same thing? BM has been there for over 20 years, he needs to retire. And now he is on 12 hour shift too? Umm last time I checked his job did not require shift work. I can't tell you the number of ofcs that have come up with radio problems on Thursdays and Fridays that need help with thier radios and noone could help them. NG isn't there either on those days. VM is never there. We have RN who is CONSTANTLY out on military leave and leaves a gap to be filled by OT when he is gone. When a supervisor is out sick or on vacation they take a senior opr off the floor and place them in charge, therefore taking another body off our already skelton crew. So what do they do....create an OT slot. If we are so short staffed why take someone off the floor to cover a supervisor slot? Another supervisor needs to come in and cover for another supervisor. I could go on and on about the problems plaguing the comm center till i'm blue in the face but I doubt it will ever change. The only way it will change is untill someone from higher up puts there foot down and wants to actually come in check the schedule and holds everyone accountable for what they actually do up there. Maybe then things will change. Untill then the comm center will go on wasting dollars.

04-18-2008, 01:02 AM
First off thanks for attitude towards us dispatchers! We really appreciate it...typical attitude from someone who doesn't realize how hard we do work to keep you guys safe and fed.

Safe?....fed?....first off, we keep ourselves safe by watching each others backs on the street. Half the time I can't even get you guys to give me additional info when I am going to a call. Secondly, get over yourself if you think we ask your permission to eat. We only ask you to put us on the list. We eat when we want to.

04-18-2008, 01:53 PM
One other poster is correct...there is a Dispatcher thread and if you go there, many other agencies use it. I know you want to get the word out about what happens upstairs (and help if anyone offers) but there's a place for everything and everything in its place.

As far as looking you in the eye and being stabbed in the back in the Comm Ctr, that activity has gone on for decades. It's not new and it's not just been you. Some think it's an Olympic Sport and enjoy the "fun" it brings to them. I don't get it, but some must. Sorry you guys are on 12/4, but nothing actually beats the old days of "double back" schedules and the 7 hours of sleep we'd get inbetween. Yes, that was back when the Comm Ctr had a total of 53 employees assigned to it.

Locking people, and mostly women (I am one so I can say this!) in a room for hours on end is just a recipe for bitterness, hate and anger. Why? No one actually knows, but again, on the Dispatcher thread, you'll read the same things occur in other departments just that the names and faces are the same. Not unique in the Communications world. Road units can atleast drive to other ends of their district to get away from each other and only have to come together if assigned to the same call. Dispatchers could only dream about that luxury.

FOP isn't going to help your situation out. That was tried a decade or so ago and quite honestly, they don't want all the 'big mama drama' that goes with what goes on. They won't touch the Comm Ctr with a 20ft pole. Staff doesn't give a rats-bottom about what occurs in there just so you do your job , 'play nice' {{patting u on the head}}, and pay attention to the radio. Comm Ctr is isolated in more ways than one.

Funny how someone on the other side of the mike made it clear that you don't "allow" them to eat, that they feed themselves - yet you're the first one they complain to when you don't clear someone for 7. Think about it, ever saw an anorexic cop? Yea, me neither. Don't sweat that 7-list.

As far as additional information on a call?? Where I live/work, you're lucky to get more than address and caller name and complaint. Who has weapons and what that person is wearing? Forget about it..never happens. What the caller is wearing? Nope, that becomes obvious when a cruiser pulls into the driveway. Sure more information is all the better, but not every agency spoon feeds their road units like CPD does. At my agency it's "Go there, see the woman about her son" - Upon arrival, you then find out it's a Domestic and the Son has a knife and is high....Oh, and you're the only unit for 25 miles. Back up is 10 minutes away. City cops have it pretty good - come work the rural roads!

Take some advise from an old timer turned cop. Go to work, do your job, be the best at what you do, stay out of the drama/games/rumors then go home. It's hard, I've been there - but it's survival. No one should care who's doing whom, who gets to do what, who isn't doing what. In today's world, it's a damn good job when good jobs are hard to come by. Let others play their little mind games (notice I say 'little mind') you do your best. I was once told by a former Comm Ctr Supervisor "If you don't like it here go flip burgers at McDonalds". I tried to explain to said supervisor "It's not that I don't like it, it's that I don't like some of the things that go on, things could be better." My comment fell on deaf ears.

It's the nature of the environment. While not an excuse, it is what it is. Doesn't matter if it's 10 people sitting at computers or 2 (in smaller departments). Again, read the Dispatcher thread and notice identical problems.

Sigmund Freud died too early...he'd have a field day working in any Comm Ctr.

10-08-2008, 02:38 PM
Where is the comm manager going? It seems she's got her "feelers" out for a new gig outside the PD! Tri-tech not going so well ?

10-09-2008, 01:18 AM
PCSO and CPD decided to buy that Tri-Tech junk long before LH got there.

10-10-2008, 04:48 PM
Perhaps she has her "feelers" out for another job because got she got caught with her "feelers" out with a certain married officer!

10-14-2008, 02:25 PM
So what were that married officer's initials?

10-21-2008, 11:38 PM
Obviously they are full of crap or initials would be flying...

10-22-2008, 12:46 AM
The correct term is poop.

10-22-2008, 12:48 AM
Oh, By the way, my initials are LB.

10-22-2008, 11:38 PM
Well, hopefully with this last group of calltakers released we can get rid of 12s. The job situation will hopefully keep people in the comm center for awhile, while we "mesh" out the weak ones, but it looks like a few week dispatchers will get released any way...by people that of course....dont dispatch or go to calls......we all have jobs. Be grateful.

11-21-2008, 03:32 PM
Didn't your agency fire "LH". She was a mess at her old job. I cannot beleive she lasted at CPD for as long as she did!

11-21-2008, 08:55 PM
What kind of cheese are you serving with the WINE??????????????????????????

11-28-2008, 08:06 PM
Well...I'm glad RN is going back to mids.

12-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Didn't your agency fire "LH". She was a mess at her old job. I cannot beleive she lasted at CPD for as long as she did!

Did she finally land?

12-22-2008, 04:00 AM
LH couldnt supervise and should have never been put in charge of other supervisors that also fail to supervise. Whenever someone fails to do their job, a New Copy of the General Orders gets issued to everyone instead of The Powers That Be growing a backbone and taking action.