PDA

View Full Version : Nat'l Telecommunicators Week

04-15-2008, 09:48 AM
This week is Nat'l Telecommunicators week. Please feel free to stop by Radio just to say Hi and/or show your support for your dispatchers. Let them know how much they really are appreciated.

Thanks

04-17-2008, 02:32 AM
Yeah, stop by and say thanks for the aggravation, and attitude you give!
I guess this week you all will be getting extra twinkies on your snack table :!:

04-17-2008, 10:05 PM
Is that the best you have? With an attitude like that, its no wonder a dispatcher would give you attitude! Grow up and look in the mirror, Im sure you could stand to loose a few too. Sad that a unit would stereotype a person but not really shocking. Just as not all of you are fat a$$holes, not all of us are fat and ugly!

04-17-2008, 11:49 PM
This week is Nat'l Telecommunicators week. Please feel free to stop by Radio just to say Hi and/or show your support for your dispatchers. Let them know how much they really are appreciated.

Thanks

Did any of you suffer the utter shock and disappointment of watching as another undeserving co-worker was awarded Communications Officer of the Year? I have compiled a list of some suggestions, so that next year, you'll be in the top three:

1) Develop a mental illness. Make sure that you are so unstable that nobody knows how the hell to communicate with you from day to day and moment to moment because you're either in your up (manic) mood or your down (depressive) state, without warning.

2) Volunteer for EVERY committee, overwhelm yourself with tasks you can't possibly comprehend, and share with everyone who will listen how overscheduled and stressed you are.

3) Embarass your agency and your peers, by composing letters of sympathy or support to outside agencies (after you've elected yourself righteous of the task, without the knowledge of your peers or management), with blaring spelling and grammatical errors, while expressing the intelligence of a mushroom.

4) Further, develop presentations that you will actually show in public, to those that we want to impress, to those that we want to convey competence and professionalism, by using the same skill level referred to in #3.

5) Alienate your peers (also refer to #1 above) by manipulating the system to get in with management/brass.

6) Piss off the units. Every time you sit down at the radio and utter your first word... know that they turn down (or off) the radio, or switch channels all together, because your voice alone makes them want to drive into a tree.

With my 6 step program (I apologize if I've left anything out), you'll be sitting pretty in 2009.

Good luck!

04-18-2008, 07:06 AM
I will give you another step that they left out. Instead of pissing and moaning and crying that things will never change or that's the way it's always been done. Try to come up with a solution. If it get's shot down at least you and your co-workers will know that you tried to better your working enviorment

04-22-2008, 12:56 PM
Did ya'll feel apprecaited this week ?

04-24-2008, 04:12 PM
Did ya'll feel apprecaited this week ?

Overall, no.... but then again, I do it for the intrinsic satisfaction I get helping people every day, not for the public kudos.

But it would be nice, no doubt.

Our Lt. bought each shift a cake that said, "thank you." The County got every dispatcher in the county a shoulder-messenger style, embroidered bag... kinda cool.